Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam (1460 Views)

Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process / Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins / Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by ihateniggov1: 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
The amalgamation of Southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria in 1914 was to allow Lord Lugard to transfer or appropriate resources from the wealthy Southern Nigeria to develop the impoverished Northern Nigeria.

This was captured in a letter he wrote to his wife Flora Shaw in 1912.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by IbnBattuta1960: 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
Quote your source @op.
Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by ihateniggov1: 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:
Quote your source @op.

In 1914, Southern Nigeria was joined with Northern Nigeria Protectorate to form the single colony of Nigeria.[2] The unification was done for economic reasons rather than political—Northern Nigeria Protectorate had a budget deficit; and the colonial administration sought to use the budget surpluses in Southern Nigeria to offset this deficit.[3]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Nigeria_Protectorate

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by helinues: 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2021
We have read.

What next? undecided
Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by ihateniggov1: 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
helinues:
We have read.

What next? undecided

The next thing is to read more history on your fake country undecided

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by IbnBattuta1960: 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
ihateniggov1:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Nigeria_Protectorate
Thanks for the tips.
But my main question has not been answered. Where did you get the copy of that letter?
Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by helinues: 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2021
ihateniggov1:

The next thing is to read more history on your fake country undecided

After reading it, what next?
Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by ihateniggov1: 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:

Thanks for the tips.
But my main question has not been answered. Where did you get the copy of that letter?

Came across it on the internet.
Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by sweetonugbu: 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2021
E don tey, no be today
Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by nthony10: 8:17pm On Feb 08, 2021
It's because of fraudulent cases like this that gives rise to secessionists.
The sadest part is the north that gained from this transaction has still not been able to grow up and become self sufficient.
I always say that an unstable element will eventually crumble starting from its weakest point.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by meeky007(m): 8:22pm On Feb 08, 2021
nthony10:
It's because of fraudulent cases like this that gives rise to secessionists.
The sadest part is the north that gained from this transaction has still not been able to grow up and become self sufficient.
I always say that an unstable element will eventually crumble starting from its weakest point.
they are nothing but sick in d head
Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by tobechi20(m): 8:22pm On Feb 08, 2021
Sad
Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by Draslo(m): 10:35pm On Feb 08, 2021
I can't believe some people still have faith in this entity called 'Niger area'.
Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by Racoon(m): 10:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
No sane person needs an my Lord Lugard letter to his girlfriend in order to know that this failed contraption of a nation is a scam.
Re: Revealed: Lugard's Letter To Wife Shows The Amalgamation Of Nigeria Is A Scam by gidgiddy: 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2021
Racoon:
No sane person needs an my Lord Lugard letter to his girlfriend in order to know that this failed contraption of a nation is a scam.

Thats true

(1) (Reply)

Gulak: ACF Warns Northerners Against Travelling To South-east / Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo / Wike emerges Atiku's Vice Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.