Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo (1460 Views)

Train Attack: I Am Still Supporting Buhari - Hassan Usman, Freed Victim / I Hid Like A Rat During Kuje Prison Attack, DCP Kyari Tells Court / Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by Emergingnation3(m): 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
Train Attack: I hid under a seat, saw them taking away many passengers ― Survivor

A survivor, Malam Muhammadu, said the terrorists came with buses and evacuated a number of passengers during the Monday night train attack. 

He said in an interview monitored on radio Tuesday night, that he was in coach SP 17 when the train was hit and derailed.

He said “The terrorists, many of them, rushed into our coach and killed a passenger. I hid under the seat and saw them taking away many passengers.”

An argument ensued amongst the terrorists after killing the passenger and they couldn’t pay attention to us. We were about 10 that remained in coach when they left.

” The terrorists proceeded to the VIP coach and abducted many passengers. One of the VIPs who managed to escape and returned to us told us that they filled a vehicle with abductees.

They came with Sharon vehicles, they shot some abductees in the vehicles but 9 passengers were later confirmed dead  Others were severely injured, they were shot in their legs.

“We saw the train driver. He came out and attempted to run but they shot and killed him. I saw the terrorists with my own eyes. They were chanting Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar!! Come down, come down!!”.

” I was hiding under the seat praying…it remained about two steps for the terrorists to get to me but after killing a passenger, they went out of the arguing. “

They abducted many passengers. Later about 300 soldiers came. The soldiers took us to a nearby hill where we sat down. They said vehicles will come to convey us to Kaduna. The soldiers also attended to those who were injured.

“The soldiers said we should stop making noise and put out lights because we could still be in danger. We were at a place after Rijana about 20-minute ride to Rigasa Kaduna.

“Some passengers were injured severely. Some old people had trauma, one old person had asthmatic attack, another died of a heart attack. The dead bodies were left in the train. It will be difficult to convey the corpses to the hilltop where we took refuge.

We were traumatized for about 2 hours. The soldiers exchanged fire with the terrorists. They chased them and rescued some passengers, but we were really traumatized. Almighty Allah saved us “

” The soldiers killed some of the terrorists. Some terrorists lost their lives,” he said. 

Speaking to journalists on her hospital bed, another of the survivors, Maimuna Ibrahim, who was shot on the thigh, said it was a horrible experience.

“We saw hell, I prayed and prayed and prayed”, she said. “I went to a workshop in Abuja in the morning and I was on my way back to Kaduna that same day after the workshop. I was shot on the thigh. But the bullet did not touch my bone. The bullet penetrated out of my thigh. Honestly, we suffered seriously, but thank God soldiers came and they really helped us”. She said.

Maimuna said she was unable to walk after she was shot and soldiers had to carry her out of the train to a vehicle by the expressway.

I was unable to walk, it was the soldiers who carried me on the back to the vehicle that brought us to the hospital. They were able to pass over the cliff, carrying us on their backs! Seriously, they tried because it was not easy climbing the cliff. The terrorists came, were moving about in the train, but they did not come to where I was seated. I was hit by the bullet through the window. They entered SP17. As they were shooting, the police security on the train asked us to lie down on the floor of the train so that the bullet will not get at us. Unfortunately, before I could lie down the bullet hit me.

I saw the terrorists from the window. They were many, they were small boys between the ages of 18 and 20. They appeared like Fulani. They wore turbans. They don’t look like Nigerians. They were shouting Allahakubar. They abducted some people, I saw them forcing people out of the train. They were beating them as they were taking them out of the train.” She added.

Another survivor, Fatima Shuaibu, a student of College of Education, Gidan Waya, Kaduna state, said her sister was killed in the attack.

“My sister, Zainab Awal, was shot on the stomach and she died,” she said amid tears.

“I was seated by the window in the train. Suddenly I started seeing flashes of touch light, this was around 8pm. Then there was a loud bang as if something exploded. Then the train went off track as if was falling down. We started shouting and praying. As soon as the train stopped, we started hearing gunshots. The security personnel on the train announced that everybody should lie down on the floor of the train. They attacked the VIP couch, they abducted some people and took them to the bush, they shot other people

“They operated for about two hours or so before soldiers and Airforce arrived and they exchanged gunshots. The terrorists came with five buses and motorcycles. Those who were abducted were taken away in the Sharon buses. The terrorists were small boys of between 18 to 20 years. I saw them, they don’t look like Nigerians. The soldiers rescued us in the train. Those of us who were injured were evacuated from the train. They climbed the cliff with us and took us to the expressway where vehicles were brought to carry people.” She added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/train-attack-i-hid-under-a-seat-saw-them-taking-away-many-passengers-%e2%80%95-survivor/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by Fahdiga(m): 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
All thanks to the lifeless man in Aso rock

2 Likes

Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by illicit(m): 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by Uprightness100(m): 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
What a Fearful experience.
Condolences to the Families of the Dead.
You may not understand the Goodness of GOD in being alive until you come Face to Face with Situation as this.

5 Likes

Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
Are these terrorist really Nigerians or what?
Cos they are really taking the government by suprise on a daily basis..
They now Operate fearlessly..no one to checkmate them..I believe the Nigeria forces can comb their hideout and annihilate them completely..
Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
Does this news make Bubu happy? Why is he not doing anything?

1 Like

Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by SweetiliciousD: 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
So painful!

Sharing same country with blood thirsty rag-tags.

1 Like

Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by OneTwoOne(m): 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
"They were not Nigerians"

Meaning they're those roothless Taurage from neighbouring countries.

This is the effects porous borders in the North, yet a train rack is still being build to connect us to Chad.

Not even a single statement from Buharis's mouth as regard this?
Could he be deaf?
Being lied to?
Or think that's how to Govern?

I am speechless.

Buhari really failed and disappointed us who supported him

1 Like

Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by 9gerian: 1:56pm On Mar 30, 2022
Emergingnation3:
Train Attack: I hid under a seat, saw them taking away many passengers ― Survivor

I saw the terrorists from the window. They were many, they were small boys between the ages of 18 and 20. They appeared like Fulani. They wore turbans. They don’t look like Nigerians. They were shouting Allahakubar.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/train-attack-i-hid-under-a-seat-saw-them-taking-away-many-passengers-%e2%80%95-survivor/

Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by engrsyer(m): 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
This is so sad. May the souls of the departed rest in peace and may God send his healing angels to go and heal the wounded, recover the broken and traumatized people in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by Pearl1910: 1:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
My question always is; do the terrorists disappear with multitude of victims in vehicles? How do they get away when they are counter-attacked by the military? Do they overpower the military or the military chases them away or let's them go? How do they drive several kilometers to their hideout without being tracked, intercepted, noticed or seen with the several checkpoints and military surveillance in these places.
This beats my imagination.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by richiemcgold: 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
This is no doubt a well-coordinated attack which must have been planned well before now.
But I find it hard to believe that our almighty DSS and other intelligent agencies didn't see this coming.
How come?

1 Like

Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by slex(m): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
Cant they just bomb them, can't the Army just go and attack them once and for all.

This is already an act of war.
Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by naijainstinct: 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
What an experience?!

I will keep saying this; our borders are too porous and there are too many unmanned illegal routes into Nigeria from her neighboring countries.

May God grant the deceased eternal rest and speedy recovery for the injured.

At what point do we take proper action?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by tit(f): 2:08pm On Mar 30, 2022
For peace to rain,
We should just give this Tuuoregs 2 states
Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by sinkhole: 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
When the rail line to Chad, abi na Niger, is completed, it will be far easier for the terrorists to commandeer a train and move everybody on board out of Nigeria!
When that happen, I wonder what will be the fate of kidnapped victims, if FG can not trace and rescue kidnapped victims within and in the middle of Nigeria.
It is obvious that big guns, in Nigeria, have hands in all these kidnapping issue!
Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by Padipadi(m): 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
Miss road country
Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by Alexpre11: 2:12pm On Mar 30, 2022
Buhari Has Failed
Buhari is a Massive Failure

1 Like

Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by Ahmed0336(m): 2:14pm On Mar 30, 2022
slex:
Cant they just bomb them, can't the Army just go and attack them once and for all.

This is already an act of war.

they have civilians with them. Bombing is not an option
Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by Investigative: 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Train Attack: I Hid Under A Seat, Saw Them Taking Away Many Passengers ― Survivo by Mynd44: 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2022

(1)

Wike emerges Atiku's Vice Presidential Candidate / Serious Question, How Come Ganduje Is Still In Power, Zoo~pictures / Prepare For War If Anything Happens To Peter Obi – Igbo Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.