Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram (1228 Views)

Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike / Reno Omokri Blasts Sheikh Gumi Over Herdsmen Killings / Reno Omokri Disagrees With Sheikh Gumi Over Amnesty For Bandits/Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Earlystar698(m): 10:03am On Feb 09, 2021
The indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has lambasted Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, over his claim that those agitating for Biafra and Oduduwa republics are miscreants akin to the Boko Haram sect terrorising the country.

Gumi had in a recent interview with BBC said the majority of Nigerians desire unity as against secession, describing those clamouring for secession as miscreants.

He had said, "Look, let's forget these useless youths. They're no more different from these herdsmen. These people agitating for Oduduwa, Biafra or Arewa are all the same group of people with Boko Haram.

"Majority of Nigerians want to stay with Nigeria. And if they are in doubt, let’s make a referendum... So, all these youths that are making noise, whether Abubakar Shekau of Boko Haram, Nnamdi Kanu of IPOB and their Oduduwa counterpart, they are just a tiny minority of Nigerians using ethnic, archaic and retrogressive sentiments to destabilise the nation."

But in a statement issued by its media and publicity secretary, Emma Powerful, IPOB alleged that such statements confirm that Gumi is one of the "hardened supporters of Fulani terrorism".

The group questioned the ease at which the cleric got bandits to surrender their weapons before the government.

It warned that the IPOB should not be compared to the Boko Haram terrorist group.

According to the group, IPOB is after self-determination which is a constitutionally guaranteed right while Boko Haram is a terrorist organisation committing crimes.

The statement partly read, "We, the global family of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), under the leadership of our great leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, read with incredulity a provocative remark credited to a filthy looking so-called acclaimed Islamic cleric in the mould of Sheikh Gumi that bandits and freedom fighters are the same.

"Gumi in the said media report, allegedly compared agitators of Biafra and Oduduwa republics with his Fulani bandits rampaging the North and ravaging the entire South. Such a statement if true, has simply unmasked and exposed the real identity of this man masquerading as an Islamic cleric when in actual fact he is one of the hardened supporters of Fulani terrorism.

"With such ignorance-laden utterance from a supposed Islamic scholar, the world does not need to look far for the real sponsors of banditry and terrorism in Nigeria. We now know those behind the killing spree and evil agenda to decimate indigenous ethnic populations and non-Muslim communities across Nigeria.

"Before now, Nigerians were deceived into believing that bandits and other agents of terror on rampage all over Nigeria were invisible and without a fixed address. How come this pretender and self-acclaimed Islamic cleric knew where to find the bandits? He even posed for a picture with gun-wielding murderers and was very proud of it.

"How was it that this man managed to locate the hideout of these mass murderers but the Nigeria Air Force cannot? How come there hasn't been any invasion or bombing of any these bandits’ settlements in the North but the same Nigeria Air Force was quick to deploy fighter jets to be terrorising innocent citizens in Orlu?

"Not only did Sheikh Gumi wine and dine with their bandits, he has also suddenly become their advocate. He has gone to the extent of comparing blood suckers with self-determination activists. What a national embarrassment!

"In his warped mind, Sheikh Gumi can no longer differentiate between self-determination, which is a constitutionally guaranteed right and terrorism which is a crime. This hypocrisy has confirmed our earlier position that terrorism and banditry in Nigeria are common agenda of the caliphate."

IPOB further described Gumi's statement as an insult to freedom fighters all over the world. including Nicola Sturgeon, the leader of Scotland.

"Other ethnic groups and nationalities may fall or capitulate before the hegemonic might of the Fulani caliphate in Nigeria but not those of us from the East,” the statement said.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/08/ipob-hits-back-sheikh-gumi-over-comparison-boko-haram

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 09, 2021
Ipob is a terrorist group boko Haram is a terrorist group Fulani herdmen is terrorist group Nigeria is a terrorist country

1 Like

Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by SoftSport(m): 10:08am On Feb 09, 2021
"Look, let's forget
these useless youths. They're no
more different from these
herdsmen. These people agitating
for Oduduwa, Biafra or Arewa are
all the same group of people with
Boko Haram.

lipsrsealed
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by gwafaeziokwu: 10:09am On Feb 09, 2021
Very apt reply. Gunmi is a dirty old fool.
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Fahdiga(m): 10:14am On Feb 09, 2021
Sheikh Gumi has shown that he is not different from the terrorist Fulani herdsmen with his I'll advised statement

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by internationalman(m): 10:24am On Feb 09, 2021
How can people fighting for freedom be tagged terrorist..

What is the exact aim of Boko Haram?

I'm not even Igbo but I support their movement.

Nobody deserves to share a country with the northerners not even the Yorubas.

They are too a different people from the rest Nigerians

They should amalgamate with Chad and Niger

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by jlinkd78(m): 10:33am On Feb 09, 2021
Ever intelligent IPOB. This same referendum Nnamdi Kanu has been calling for years. This Gumi that I used to respect has confirmed my bias that all Fulanis are in this together
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Iykopee(m): 10:58am On Feb 09, 2021
Gumi has shown that he is a bonafide member of the terrorists groups destroying the North grin
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by gidgiddy: 11:14am On Feb 09, 2021
"Look, let's forget
these useless youths. They're no
more different from these
herdsmen. These people agitating
for Oduduwa, Biafra or Arewa are
all the same group of people with
Boko Haram"

I used to think that Sheik Gumi was s reasonable man until he said those words, then I realised he was just another Northerner with a warped sense of reasoning. How can you compare Oduduwa and Biafran agitators with bandits and insurgents? Has he ever heard that Oduduwa or Biafran agitators went about killing people, raping women and burning down communities? How can you compare self determination and banditry? Shame on Gumi
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by backnbeta(f): 11:19am On Feb 09, 2021
All aboki*s sleep put head for same direction, no difference in their reasoning at all undecided
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:21am On Feb 09, 2021
The fact that none of our useless elites said nothing to counter that BS from Gumi shows how slavish they have chosen to be in this hellhole,
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Asgard13: 11:29am On Feb 09, 2021
GUMI IS A SOPHISTICATED ILLITERATE..

HEARD HE LOVES EWEDU AND GBEGIRI.

HE HAS DEFORMED REASONING

LETS HELP HIM..

A FOOL LIKE HIS DULLARDIOUS MATE
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Moferere: 11:37am On Feb 09, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:
Very apt reply. Gunmi is a dirty old fool.

As much as I am not in support of Gumi's derogatory assertions, calling someone who is near your father's age an old fool shows how you were brought up.

Your parents failed on you. undecided
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Fahdiga(m): 11:53am On Feb 09, 2021
Moferere:

As much as I am not in support of Gumi's derogatory assertions, calling someone who is near your father's age an old fool shows how you were brought up.

Everybody's parents failed in your eye. when will you get sense. I weep for you
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by limeta(f): 11:59am On Feb 09, 2021
Moferere:

Nothing to fo with age
A fool is a fool
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Moferere: 12:03pm On Feb 09, 2021
Fahdiga:
Everybody's parents failed in your eye. when will you get sense. I weep for you

You can correct an elder without disrespecting him. That's what your parents failed to teach you.

Products of poor parenting
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Ddokie: 12:10pm On Feb 09, 2021
Moferere:

Chairman, terrible human beings can bring out the worst in others.

How dignifying is it for a man Gumi's age to compare terrorists who have killed people in their tens of thousands for no known reason to activists who are clamoring for a better nation for their people, and have not been known to kill anyone?

Gumi deserves any level of insult he gets.

Moferere:

You can correct an elder without disrespecting him.

If an elder rapes someone, he should be treated differently because he is an elder?

An elder is respected not merely because of his age but because of his behaviour.

When an elder displays foolishness and stupidity, he should not complain if he is treated like foolish and stupid person.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Moferere: 12:27pm On Feb 09, 2021
Ddokie:

Chairman, terrible human beings can bring out the worst in others.

How dignifying is it for a man Gumi's age to compare terrorists who have killed people in their tens of thousands for no known reason to activists who are clamoring for a better nation for their people, and have not been known to kill anyone?

Gumi deserves any level of insult he gets.

If an elder rapes someone, he should be treated differently because he is an elder?

An elder is respected not merely because of his age but because of his behaviour.

When an elder displays foolishness and stupidity, he should not complain if he is treated like foolish and stupid person.

Did Gumi rape anyone? Your analogy lacks substance.

Nnamdi Kanu has made several derogatory statements about Yoruba, Yoruba elites, Yoruba Pastors, is that enough to tag him a mad man?
He's entitled to his opinion.
Despite his odd approach, there is a sense in his agitation.
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by geendi(f): 12:37pm On Feb 09, 2021
God shall everly shield his children
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by mbaise1000: 12:43pm On Feb 09, 2021
[/color][color=#006600]
Moferere:

You can correct an elder without disrespecting him. That's what your parents failed to teach you.

Products of poor parenting

And if the elder keeps doing the same thing or refuses to change?
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Moferere: 12:58pm On Feb 09, 2021
mbaise1000:
[/color][color=#006600]

And if the elder keeps doing the same thing or refuses to change?

I have given a response to this in my earlier reply.
There was a time Nnamdi Kanu used to say a lot of derogatory things about other tribes, it is on record that he even said that Igbo should not attend a church where a Yoruba man is the G.O. Is that enough to call him a mad man?
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by gwafaeziokwu: 1:06pm On Feb 09, 2021
Moferere:

I was brought up to be aware of my environment. To see truth and call it by its name. Members of ipob are also children born of parents, who do not deserve a death sentence passed on them for exercising their fundamental human right of self determination. Stamping the "terrorist " tag on them is a deliberate ploy to make them easy targets for the real terrorists in uniforms.

What Sheik Gumi want to achieve with this ploy is akin to premeditated murder on young children of men like him. That alone qualified him for the adjective 'old fool' because at his age he should know better. Respect for the old and wise is sacrosanct in our culture, but at the same time it is allowed for one to place a basket on his head in place of a crown and speak naked truth to a king.

We have an Igbo proverb that says that " If the gods want to destroy a people ,they will be curse with foolish elders". That is the bane of Nigeria foolishness by people who should know better.
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Iamgrey5(m): 1:12pm On Feb 09, 2021
Moferere:

There was a time Nnamdi Kanu used to say a lot of derogatory things about other tribes, it is on record that he even said that Igbo should not attend a church where a Yoruba man is the G.O. Is that enough to call him a mad man?
I am Yoruba but Gumi is a stupid man

He is going around telling the government to forgive Bandits that have killed, maimed and destroy lives and livelihoods for no just reason, while in the same breath saying government is right for going after activist in other regions of the country for standing with their people.

How silly and hypocritical of the old man.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Moferere: 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:

I was brought up to be aware of my environment. To see truth and call it by its name. Members of ipob are also children born of parents, who do not deserve a death sentence passed on them for exercising their fundamental human right of self determination. Stamping the "terrorist " tag on them is a deliberate ploy to make them easy targets for the real terrorists in uniforms.

What Sheik Gumi want to achieve with this ploy is akin to premeditated murder on young children of men like him. That alone qualified him for the adjective 'old fool' because at his age he should know better. Respect for the old and wise is sacrosanct in our culture, but at the same time it is allowed for one to place a basket on his head in place of a crown and speak naked truth to a king.

We have an Igbo proverb that says that " If the gods want to destroy a people ,they will be curse with foolish elders". That is the bane of Nigeria foolishness by people who should know better.
Then use a uniform yardstick, if Gumi is stupid, Nnamdi Kanu is what?
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Moferere: 1:23pm On Feb 09, 2021
Iamgrey5:
I am Yoruba but Gumi is a stupid man

He is going around telling the government to forgive Bandits that have killed, maimed and destroy lives and livelihoods for no just Reason, while in the same breath saying government is right for going after activist in other regions of the country for standing with their people.

How silly and hypocritical of the old man.

I still maintain my position, some people need enlightenment, not castigation.
Are Niger Delta Militants Criminals? Are Igbos criminals? Are OPC criminals? These groups have clear cut ideologies they are pursuing. What is the ideology of fulani herdsmen? None if I may say. They are pure criminals.

Gumi need to be educated, calling him all sorts of names does not make you better than him.

Educated elites should have some decorum
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Iamgrey5(m): 1:26pm On Feb 09, 2021
Moferere:

I still maintain my position, some people need enlightenment, not castigation.
Are Niger Delta Militants Criminals? Are Igbos criminals? Are OPC criminals? These groups have clear cut ideologies they are pursuing. What is the ideology of fulani herdsmen? None if I may say. They are pure criminals.

Gumi need to be educated, calling him all sorts of names does not make you better than him.

Educated elites should have some decorum
Gumi is well educated, he only chose to be ignorant at will.

it's oldest trick in the book of northern Nigerian elites.
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Moferere: 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Gumi is well educated, he only chose to be ignorant at will.

it's oldest trick in the book of northern Nigeria elites.

If you bring yourself down to the level of Gumi, then I am sorry for you
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by IamFINESSE: 1:39pm On Feb 09, 2021
zangaozanga:
Ipob is a terrorist group boko Haram is a terrorist group Fulani herdmen is terrorist group Nigeria is a terrorist country

You don crase finally grin
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by mbaise1000: 6:30pm On Feb 09, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Moferere:

I have never said and I don't think anyone thinks that nnamdi kanu is a saint, and all of us knows that nnamdi kanu speaks first most times before thinking and most of us calls him out all the time and dont agree with him when he generalizes sometimes but we agree with most of his message, but you cannot compare him with this person, in our side we don't normally respect just age, we respect the age produces, If a child prove to be more natured mentality than a 100 year old person, you will listen to the child and forget the 100 year old person which is why a ask you if the old person refuses to change, we respect the old first but if he is misleading us we cannot continue because he is old, check out what is happening in igbo land now for example, all the si called elders and the so self appointed elders are dancing to the tune of our enemies and we have to listen to them and perish, despite all the glaring shortcomings of kanu. Most igbos still prefer to all follow him than all the politicians and ohaneze who are far older than him, so my question still stands, what if the elder refuses to be matured? What will you do?
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by EMMY76: 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2021
gidgiddy:

I used to think that Sheik Gumi was s reasonable man until he said those words, then I realised he was just another Northerner with a warped sense of reasoning. How can you compare Oduduwa and Biafran agitators with bandits and insurgents? Has he ever heard that Oduduwa or Biafran agitators went about killing people, raping women and burning down communities? How can you compare self determination and banditry? Shame on Gumi

Sheik Gumi is just terribly scared of the disintegration of nigeria he knows that he and his fellow terrorist brothers in the north will be reduced to almajiri beggars when there is no more one nigeria and free money from the south.
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by Moferere: 9:32pm On Feb 09, 2021
mbaise1000:
[color=#006600][/color]

I have never said and I don't think anyone thinks that nnamdi kanu is a saint, and all of us knows that nnamdi kanu speaks first most times before thinking and most of us calls him out all the time and dont agree with him when he generalizes sometimes but we agree with most of his message, but you cannot compare him with this person, in our side we don't normally respect just age, we respect the age produces, If a child prove to be more natured mentality than a 100 year old person, you will listen to the child and forget the 100 year old person which is why a ask you if the old person refuses to change, we respect the old first but if he is misleading us we cannot continue because he is old, check out what is happening in igbo land now for example, all the si called elders and the so self appointed elders are dancing to the tune of our enemies and we have to listen to them and perish, despite all the glaring shortcomings of kanu. Most igbos still prefer to all follow him than all the politicians and ohaneze who are far older than him, so my question still stands, what if the elder refuses to be matured? What will you do?

What are you doing with Kanu despite the fact that he has refused to mature?
Re: IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram by mbaise1000: 10:23am On Feb 10, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Moferere:

What are you doing with Kanu despite the fact that he has refused to mature?

Now you are dodging the question and did I say kanu is not matured?
Can't pretend again right?

(1) (Reply)

No Gun Battle Between ESN And Army In Nsukka - LG Chairman / Get Ready For More Dss-inspired Uknown Gunmen / 2023: Gov Bala Mohammed’s Presidential Campaign Posters Flood Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.