Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

What Would You Advice In This Situation? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Advice In This Situation? (2891 Views)

Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? / I Need Advice In Getting A Partner / Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Advice In This Situation? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 14, 2021
Since she knew she doesn't want to have babies, she should have removed her womb.

Let her have it through CS.
Re: What Would You Advice In This Situation? by extol1(m): 9:29pm On Feb 14, 2021
aroundtheearth:

While they had an agreement pre-marriage and it's not right for him to suddenly change his mind, I don't think he lied to her. Had he lied about not wanting kids, he probably would've tried to get her pregnant within the first year of marriage, but for him tor remain childless for two years, it just may be

1) a change of mind on his part - he now desires to have kids
2) pressure from family to have kids

I doubt he tricked her to get pregnant either. Since she's so adamant on not wanting kids, she should've taken the necessary precautions for herself.
I sense the pressure from family to have kids is the reason why the man is saying she shouldn't abort the pregnancy. she should have prevented it from the onset. they should find a way to settle it but I can't imagine myself into such kind of agreement
Re: What Would You Advice In This Situation? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 14, 2021
extol1:

I sense the pressure from family to have kids is the reason why the man is saying she shouldn't abort the pregnancy. she should have prevented it from the onset. they should find a way to settle it but I can't imagine myself into such kind of agreement
Yes, that's definitely one reason. They're in Nigeria where being married without kids is taboo.
It's also likely that he yearns to be a father now and doesn't want to live the rest of his life childfree.

People who don't want children should either remain single, or be in a committed relationship without marriage.
That way, should one party have a change of mind about procreating, while the other remains unmoved, they can part with ease.
Re: What Would You Advice In This Situation? by Angelluvy(f): 11:57am On Feb 18, 2021
extol1:
op, the foundation of the marriage was based on pure lies. to an African man, child or children are his pride. a man with so much wealth without a child is not value in the society. and I want to believe that the lady know that the man lied to her by agreeing to her terms.
for me, she can give birth to the baby and take the baby to an orphanage home
I can't really tell if the foundation was based on lies, they both school abroad, same orientation. Maybe along the line the man developed a different desire from the initial plan
Re: What Would You Advice In This Situation? by Angelluvy(f): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2021
BaeMercy:
why did she marry if she doesn't want kids when she knows she can mistakenly take in... some women sha
Well, I think not everyone believe child bearing is mandatory in marriage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Nigerian Men!!! / Re Pls Help I Dont Love My Wife,an Unfortunate Update / Shocking Story Of A Man Who Killed His Best Friend, Took Over His Brand New Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.