Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva (39466 Views)

Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva / David Lyon Visits Bola Tinubu With Timipre Sylva (Photos) / Marketers Shutting Down Due To High Petrol Price —DAPPMAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by fedorahat: 10:27pm On Feb 09, 2021
lexy2014:

Where u expecting to quote d entire article? If price of crude oil determines price, then u shouldn't be having price discrepancies. Are u saying cross river state has greater demand for cooking gas than Oyo state or Kano state?
Price of crude determines price, if crude price is high, the cost price for a supplier will certainly be high, how he wants to sell it is left for him as there is no price window.

What stops crossriver from having a greater demand than Oyo and Kano, we have a lot of variables, shop rent, orientation , to , purchasing power et Al.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 10:30pm On Feb 09, 2021
fedorahat:

You are butressing my point, producing companies are selling more to foreigners because for them it is more profitable

Nigerian dealers are forced to buy from outside, pay shipping cost and other charges increasing the local price.

I am not buttressing ur point because u have maintained all along that d reason that d price of cooking gas is increasing in Nigeria is because much of it is exported because of profit. These are ur words:

"The reality still remains there is more profit to be made selling outside Nigeria for now"

Contrary to what u have been trying to say, nigeria doesn't export cooking gas. It imports d product. That negates what u have been saying all along. So u aren't really saying one thing. U are just changing ur story as u go along. If u knew d industry as u claimed, then u shouldn't have made a wrong claim that nigeria exports cooking gas.

Much of u said above is contradictory. U are just contradicting urself.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by jamiuazeez(m): 10:32pm On Feb 09, 2021
i regretted I voted this man.....
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 10:35pm On Feb 09, 2021
fedorahat:

Price of crude determines price, if crude price is high, the cost price for a supplier will certainly be high, how he wants to sell it is left for him as there is no price window.

What stops crossriver from having a greater demand than Oyo and Kano, we have a lot of variables, shop rent, orientation , to , purchasing power et Al.

Once again, more contradictions. U are talking about "high price" of crude. Am talking about discrepancies in d local price. Whats d correlation? U are all over d place with ur thoughts.

How do these factors, shop rent, orientation , to , purchasing power, make d price of cooking gas to be more expensive in Calabar than Oyo and Kano?
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by fedorahat: 10:37pm On Feb 09, 2021
lexy2014:

I am not buttressing ur point because u have maintained all along that d reason that d price of cooking gas is increasing in Nigeria is because much of it is exported because of profit. These are ur words:

"The reality still remains there is more profit to be made selling outside Nigeria for now"

Contrary to what u have been trying to say, nigeria doesn't export cooking gas. It imports d product. That negates what u have been saying all along. So u aren't really saying one thing. U are just changing ur story as u go along. If u knew d industry as u claimed, then u shouldn't have made a wrong claim that nigeria exports cooking gas.

Much of u said above is contradictory. U are just contradicting urself.
That is where we differed, I was talking about gas crude in it's raw form.
You are talking about in it's refined form, we produce refined cooking gas in the country importation is not our only source, like I said enough is not being processed because of two factors , storage and a preference to sell the raw product outside.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by fedorahat: 10:38pm On Feb 09, 2021
lexy2014:

Once again, more contradictions. U are talking about "high price" of crude. Am talking about discrepancies in d local price. Whats d correlation? U are all over d place with ur thoughts.

How do these factors, shop rent, orientation , to , purchasing power, make d price of cooking gas to be more expensive in Calabar than Oyo and Kano?
Why is a bottle of Eva water sold 900 in presidential and 150 in the street
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2021
fedorahat:

That is where we differed, I was talking about gas crude in it's raw form.
You are talking about in it's refined form, we produce refined cooking gas in the country importation is not our only source, like I said enough is not being processed because of two factors , storage and a preference to sell the raw product outside.

My friend, stop lying. U weren't talking about any raw product. This is what u said:

"Because cooking gas is a part of drilling activities and is internationally priced, if there is more profit to sell it here it would be sold here, if there is more profit to sell it abroad and cause scarcity here it will be sold abroad and you will be forced to buy it at that price, Business like I said is for profit not charity."
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2021
fedorahat:

Why is a bottle of Eva water sold 900 in presidential and 150 in the street

I should be d one asking u. Use that analogy to explain this:

"How do these factors, shop rent, orientation , to , purchasing power, make d price of cooking gas to be more expensive in Calabar than Oyo and Kano?"
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by fedorahat: 10:47pm On Feb 09, 2021
lexy2014:

I should be d one asking u. Use that analogy to explain this:

"How do these factors, shop rent, orientation , to , purchasing power, make d price of cooking gas to be more expensive in Calabar than Oyo and Kano?"
The same reason Eva water is more expensive in presidential than the streets.
Coca-Cola sells at a base price of 120 to dealers how you sell to your customers is left for you.
I told you third is no price window for cooking gas in my area some people sell 12.5kg 4,300 some sell 4,500 some 4,600
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by fedorahat: 10:52pm On Feb 09, 2021
lexy2014:

My friend, stop lying. U weren't talking about any raw product. This is what u said:

"Because cooking gas is a part of drilling activities and is internationally priced, if there is more profit to sell it here it would be sold here, if there is more profit to sell it abroad and cause scarcity here it will be sold abroad and you will be forced to buy it at that price, Business like I said is for profit not charity."
So is cooking gas not part of drilling service, is the materials for cooking gas gotten from where, I think I should have been more explicit with you from the beginning remember we started this discuss based on crude b4 entering why price of gas is high

The highlighted is where we missed our self
You talked about cooking gas in particular and I replied gas which cooking gas is gotten from is preferred to be sold abroad.

Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 10:59pm On Feb 09, 2021
fedorahat:

The same reason Eva water is more expensive in presidential than the streets.
Coca-Cola sells at a base price of 120 to dealers how you sell to your customers is left for you.
I told you third is no price window for cooking gas in my area some people sell 12.5kg 4,300 some sell 4,500 some 4,600

How does that relate with this:

Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 11:04pm On Feb 09, 2021
fedorahat:

So is cooking gas not part of drilling service, is the materials for cooking gas gotten from where, I think I should have been more explicit with you from the beginning remember we started this discuss based on crude b4 entering why price of gas is high

Who is talking about whether gas is part of drilling service or not? U really good at talking off point. The issue is that u lied that d reason that d price of gas is increasing is because it is being exported:

U are now denying that u meant raw material. Oga, u de lie ooh
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by fedorahat: 11:06pm On Feb 09, 2021
lexy2014:

How does that relate with this:

You are making me tired.
Cooking gas is not price regulated like fuel , so everyone can buy at a fixed price at the Depot but sell at any price at their shop.
That is why NBS gave you an average price in some places in zamfara it can be more expensive than some places in Calabar but after putting in average you have the NBS statistics.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 11:07pm On Feb 09, 2021
fedorahat:

You are making me tired.
Cooking gas is not price regulated like fuel , so everyone can buy at a fixed price at the Depot but sell at any price at their shop.
That is why NBS gave you an average price in some places in zamfara it can be more expensive than some places in Calabar but after putting in average you have the NBS statistics.

U are speaking unnecessary grammar and contradicting urself. It's u who said that shop rent, orientation , to , purchasing power, make d price of cooking gas to be more expensive in Calabar than Oyo and Kano. So why can't u explain these factors, shop rent, orientation , to , purchasing power, make d price of cooking gas to be more expensive in Calabar than Oyo and Kano?"
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by fedorahat: 11:15pm On Feb 09, 2021
lexy2014:

Who is talking about whether gas is part of drilling service or not? U really good at talking off point. The issue is that u lied that d reason that d price of gas is increasing is because it is being exported:

U are now denying that u meant raw material. Oga, u de lie ooh
So what is the lie there, I have always maintained it is an offshot of drilling activities and have also said I meant the whole. Package being sold internationally, we have been using gas and cooking gas interchangeably here .

My comments where based on the start of our discussion, one thing I have noticed is you pick out narratives that suits you not the ones that tells the whole story.

The bottom line is cooking gas is expensive because raw petroleum products crude/ gas are expensive now.
IOC prefer selling abroad
Nigerian dealers are buying from abroad and import policies are affecting final price.

So what really is this beating round the bush for.

Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by fedorahat: 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2021
lexy2014:

U are speaking unnecessary grammar and contradicting urself. It's u who said that shop rent, orientation , to , purchasing power, make d price of cooking gas to be more expensive in Calabar than Oyo and Kano. So why can't u explain these factors, shop rent, orientation , to , purchasing power, make d price of cooking gas to be more expensive in Calabar than Oyo and Kano?"
What explanation do you need, this are variables that are subject to change.
I told you in my area price varies retailer to retailer. Not to talk of Nationwide.
Some states will prefer using kerosene, some prefer firewood, the average price of gas in those states will be lower than a state where more people prefer to use gas because where there is more demand there is higher price.
So what exactly is the issue
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by wildikeman(m): 12:40am On Feb 10, 2021
Only doom doom doom doom doom that's all we have been hearing since Buhari became president.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by dondavinchi(m): 12:51am On Feb 10, 2021
osuofia2:
NIGERIANS COMPLAIN TOO MUCH, BABA BUHARI JUST WANT TO MAKE NIGERIA BETTER. SO THAT THE NIGERIAN PETROLEUM INDUSTRY WILL BE CORRUPTION FREE. NO MORE FREE MONEY FOR LOOTERS IN THE NAME OF SUBSIDY
WE LOVE YOU BABA BUHARI,
may Amadioha bend ur neck
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by Kingspin(m): 2:50am On Feb 10, 2021
FG clearing the way for Dangote oil business.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 5:31am On Feb 10, 2021
fedorahat:

So what is the lie there, I have always maintained it is an offshot of drilling activities and have also said I meant the whole. Package being sold internationally, we have been using gas and cooking gas interchangeably here .

My comments where based on the start of our discussion, one thing I have noticed is you pick out narratives that suits you not the ones that tells the whole story.

The bottom line is cooking gas is expensive because raw petroleum products crude/ gas are expensive now.
Nigerian dealers are buying from abroad and import policies are affecting final price.

So what really is this beating round the bush for.

My discussion is on why is d price of cooking gas high in Nigeria. And u have been going round in circles even lying that nigeria exports cooking gas. I pick out narratives because much of what u say aren't relevant to d discussion.
Who is asking u whether gas is an offshoot of drilling or not?

Oga, u are lying and full of contradictions.

Pls, what is d "it" in d above quote?

fedorahat:

What do IOCs prefer selly abroad? Emphasis is on d word "prefer"?

Who is asking u about d full package? Kindly show me where in this quote u referring to d full package being sold internationally?:

Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 5:34am On Feb 10, 2021
fedorahat:

What explanation do you need, this are variables that are subject to change.
I told you in my area price varies retailer to retailer. Not to talk of Nationwide.
Some states will prefer using kerosene, some prefer firewood, the average price of gas in those states will be lower than a state where more people prefer to use gas because where there is more demand there is higher price.
So what exactly is the issue

It seems u aren't reading before responding or u have realised that u are victim of your words which have entangled. U then come up with new stories with every post. Pls read again:

Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 5:39am On Feb 10, 2021
fedorahat:

The highlighted is where we missed our self
You talked about cooking gas in particular and I replied gas which cooking gas is gotten from is preferred to be sold abroad.

My friend stop lying. We didn't miss ourselves anywhere. Your opinion has been that nigeria exports it's cooking gas. According to your response in d screenshot, u said:

"Simple logic, the IOC will prefer to sell to the outside world than to sell in Nigeria, because they will make more profit."

What does d IOC prefer to sell to d outside in order to make more profit, than sell in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Resolution Of The Northern State Governors Forum Meeting / Atiku Abubakar At The State Department Office In Washington Today (Pictures) / Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.