Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva (39468 Views)

Crude Oil Discovered In North East (1 Billion Barrels) - Timipre Sylva / David Lyon Visits Bola Tinubu With Timipre Sylva (Photos) / Marketers Shutting Down Due To High Petrol Price —DAPPMAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by fedorahat: 3:39pm On Feb 09, 2021
Spectrum22:

Ok, without subsidy. Then at least price of petrol should be stable not increase.

What I want to understand is why is government anticipating increase. Don't they stand to earn more as the price of crude oil climb?
Crude is a raw material for petrol, if the price of raw material rises the price of the finished good will also rise.

Nnpc sells crude oil Nigeria as a country imports petrol these are two different things because nnpc does not sell the crude oil directly it only invest in JV with multinationals and marginal fields to drill the crude when they sell they get their profit back so what they are directly telling you now is that yes we are making profit from crude but don't expect us to use that profits to pay for your fuel we don't want to be directly involved in how you buy fuel which is a good thing because I might use two litres of fuel a day but he rich man will certainly use 15l who therefore is gaining more from the subsidy
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2021
SAI BABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

UNA GOOD MORNING O
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by middlebelter(m): 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2021
What is our problem in this country? From the timeline they gave us while CBN was trying to justify pumping USAD into Dangote Refinery, the Refinery should been commissioned by now. As it is with many Nigerian project, nobody is talking about it anymore!

Where are we on Petroleum Refining? why are our 4 Refineries moribund? why should we be praying that the International market price of crude oil should not raise? This GMB Government is wrong.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by Udumeh: 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2021
Unacceptable threat from a comfortable minister. Know that God reigns and cares.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by Spectrum22: 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2021
fedorahat:

Crude is a raw material for petrol, if the price of raw material rises the price of the finished good will also rise.

Nnpc sells crude oil Nigeria as a country imports petrol these are two different things because nnpc does not sell the crude oil directly it only invest in JV with multinationals and marginal fields to drill the crude when they sell they get their profit back so what they are directly telling you now is that yes we are making profit from crude but don't expect us to use that profits to pay for your fuel we don't want to be directly involved in how you buy fuel which is a good thing because I might use two litres of fuel a day but he rich man will certainly use 15l who therefore is gaining more from the subsidy

I see.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by obailala(m): 3:55pm On Feb 09, 2021
What exactly do Nigerians expect when prices of crude goes up?
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by pepericozi: 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2021
These people are mad.

Well, time will tell.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by obailala(m): 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2021
Spectrum22:

Ok, without subsidy. Then at least price of petrol should be stable not increase.

What I want to understand is why is government anticipating increase. Don't they stand to earn more as the price of crude oil climb?
Crude oil price is increasing, how exactly did you expect price of petrol to be stable?... It's amazing that people dont still understand what subsidy means.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by Tekzyflex(m): 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2021
What type of pains haven't we bear as Nigerians?
Being a Nigerian is another form of torture and pains.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by vioment: 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2021
We can all see what happens when intelligence is not factored into how we pick a leader.

Outside of pride and stronghead, wetin our number 1 get? Every other sector na F9.

Up till today, condemn bh, sharia law, and hisba, e no fit do. Meanwhile insecurity is rising.

Oga Buhari, I wish you the wisdom to lead; but you have been a disappointment thus far.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by ofem89(m): 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2021
fourboys:
I just realized We made a huge mistake voting for Buhari twice.. we no dey enjoy any good thing from this man

oga speak for urself not every one voted for him as said only myopic ones voted cos they couldn't understand his antecedents
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by Iamgrey5(m): 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2021
Agboriotejoye:
You brought these on us!!
lol.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by PHijo(m): 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2021
Nigerians Nttttorrrr!!!!!!

5 percent people my deepest sympathy because you rejected this failure in 2015 and in 2019.

However I support deregulation. It is a necessary evil but I don't know what the plans of the petroleum minister, Muhammadu Buhari are.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by sageb: 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2021
Nigerians, enjoy the next level you voted for. Don't be shocked like the Man in Aso Rock.
where is occupy Nigeria Protesters when you need them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by Coinbased: 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by evans4luv: 4:53pm On Feb 09, 2021
Silver your father yansh cry
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by emmancipated(m): 4:54pm On Feb 09, 2021
When oil prices fall, Nigerians suffers whatever negative effect that comes with, and when it rises, we are equally faced with its negative effects.
Which way naija sef
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 09, 2021
Bastard government
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by nnamdi640: 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2021
Just making this country unbearable for poor masses
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 5:25pm On Feb 09, 2021
osuofia2:

ODE, WAILING WAILER, PMB WE KNOW

That's good. Can u tell us how PMB that u no has improved living standards since 2015?
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 5:25pm On Feb 09, 2021
obailala:

Crude oil price is increasing, how exactly did you expect price of petrol to be stable?... It's amazing that people dont still understand what subsidy means.

Kindly explain
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 5:31pm On Feb 09, 2021
adanny01:

The previous PDP were always lying that the economy was growing and even revalued the economy to put it in positive light when their own minister was warning us that recession was lurking around.

We got lied to and we complained, we get told the truth now but we still complaining.

Which would you prefer truth or lies? Subsidy/corruption or or higher fuel cost.

Ok. Pls tell me d truth about cooking gas and why d price keeps going up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by phantom24: 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2021
Nothing new, we're already used to pains because this govt is all about pains my only prayer is that this pains don't exceed 2023.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by phantom24: 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2021
fedorahat:

beautiful nonsense, so when crude was over 100 dollars per barrel why didn't it affect our economy negatively? I can recall that the govt. Has been complaining about fall in price of crude. So why are they still complaining in a rise?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by Comedian2019: 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2021
I hope APC miscreants will have their special filling station where they buy fuel at N40 per litre. grin grin grin
Zombies go hear am.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by Comedian2019: 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2021
lexy2014:

That's good. Can u tell us how PMB that u no has improved living standards since 2015?
If you want to maintain your sanity, ignore zombies.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by hotseat: 5:58pm On Feb 09, 2021
Nigeria's crude oil is more of a curse than a blessing! Chai!
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by Cousin9999: 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2021
nnamdi640:
Just making this country unbearable for poor masses

It's a fact that this problem, along with things like electricity, are by design. But I think everyone should stop and express gratitude for the people who not only persevere with these challenges, but for those who excel.

Isn't it amazing? Think about the beauty of rising in the midst of chaos and roadblocks. African people are truly a great people. Giants.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by fedorahat: 6:10pm On Feb 09, 2021
phantom24:
beautiful nonsense, so when crude was over 100 dollars per barrel why didn't it affect our economy negatively? I can recall that the govt. Has been complaining about fall in price of crude. So why are they still complaining in a rise?
How good was the country when crude was over 100 dollars a barrel,
Low oil prices means low income for the country
High oil prices mean high expenditure, expenditure which can be avoided if people and not government pay the true price for the cost of fuel. If you need fuel buy it at it's real market value whatever is the cost not with government intervention.
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2021
Comedian2019:

If you want to maintain your sanity, ignore zombies.

grin grin grin infact, it's zombies that have been avoiding me. I no know wetin I do them grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by lexy2014: 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2021
fedorahat:

How good was the country when crude was over 100 dollars a barrel,
Low oil prices means low income for the country
High oil prices mean high expenditure, expenditure which can be avoided if people and not government pay the true price for the cost of fuel. If you need fuel buy it at it's real market value whatever is the cost not with government intervention.

Sounds logical. How we de do this cooking gas matter. D price de increase everyday. Is it because of high oil price, subsidy etc?
Re: Nigerians To Bear Pains Of High Petrol Cost - Timipre Sylva by ofiko123(m): 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2021
Inception:
grin grin grin

we go hear am!

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor / Oshiomhole Dumped By Buhari Ministers, Appointees, South-South Leaders -Vanguard / Why Nigeria High Commission Building In Ghana Was Demolished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.