Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Why Do We Have Such Poor Options In This Election? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We Have Such Poor Options In This Election? (518 Views)

Poor Performance Of APC Giving PDP Hope Of Return In 2019 – Lar / INEC Weighs Its Options On Kogi, Lawyers Disagree:thisday / 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Have Such Poor Options In This Election? by VPersiee: 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2011
I am not one given to irrational support. So I have found it hard to support any particular candidate in this election. The candidates come across to me as all bad. It seems Nigerians are left to choose their leader based on unserious reasons like "removing PDP from power," "who has a more popular name," or "who is from a particular region or ethnic group." None of the candidates seem to have a grasp of the issues that face Nigeria. Neither have they shown that they have workable solutions and ideas to solve our problems. It is really disappointing because if I had to vote, I will be voting for the "least-bad" candidate, not the best candidate. Why is it unusual for intelligent and exposed people like Fashola and Utomi to be major political figures in presidential politics? Why do the major political parties never field candidates that have a proven record of getting a job done in the private and public sector? And why is it that whenever technocrats happen to have a prominent place in our government, see Ezekwesili, Okonjo-Iweala, and the former NAFDAC boss, our political system conspires to make them ineffective or outrightly reject them after a few years? Discuss.

(1) (Reply)

Vote By Numbers / Ibori Is No Longer A Wanted Man: Efcc / Atiku, Ibb, Gusau & Ciroma Will Be Flushed Out Of Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.