Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,797 members, 7,851,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Why Johnathan, Obasanjo And All Nigerians Must Vote Buhari-bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Johnathan, Obasanjo And All Nigerians Must Vote Buhari-bakare (627 Views)

7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Johnathan, Obasanjo And All Nigerians Must Vote Buhari-bakare by nigerialvs: 12:13am On Apr 07, 2011
PROMOTE BUHARI- BAKARE TICKET
This memo is to all Nigerians at home and in Diaspora. It is also to all men of good will around the globe. Please join me in promoting Buhari- Bakare presidential ticket for April 16, 2011 polls.
This team said that their number one agenda is to Uproot Corruption and Looting in Nigeria. Can Nigeria ask for more?

Uprooting Corruption and Looting
I understand this means dealing with corruption and looting from the roots up. Uproot means to pull up, dig up, rip up in other words Buhari-Bakare proposition is to deal a death blow against corruption and looting in Nigeria.
This is what the bleeding, burdened, heavy laden and over stretched Nigeria needs today.
We can hold the duo to their words for they proclaimed that theirs are promises you can trust.
Many of us are witnesses to the havocs, dis -orientations and disasters caused and are still being caused by corruption and looting in this country.
Corruption has ruined national reputation. Corruption is the business as usual here. This mess has impoverished the citizenry. The corrupt and the looters are fat while hunger, unemployment, frustrations and anger are having a field day among the populace.
We are in a nation where decent people, competent people, honest hearts, the godly and faithfuls find it increasingly difficult to contribute meaningfully to the progress of this country. Anywhere they turn they meet with the giant obstacle and octopus called corruption.
The hydra head of corruption barricades all levels of government to genuine souls who genuinely want to help this nation. Soiled along the way is the private sector which is also mired in the sloth of corruption. If you cannot beat them then join them is the national chorus of our ethical orientation.
Nigeria is corrupt. The land is a den of looters and when it comes to corruption fear of God is cast aside. Legions of stories can be told by Nigerians of their face to face with corruption at all levels.
The three arms of government- Executive, Legislature and Judiciary are weighed down by the seemilingly immovable weight of corruption. Who will help Nigeria? How do we get out of this mess? What will make corruption in Nigeria a leper that no one will want to touch? Who will change the story of Nigeria from being a safe haven for looters to completely no go area for looters and their collaborators?   
As a person I have written off Nigeria as having any hope to get out of corruption. A few years ago, I sent a piece of prayer request via sms to several people to join me in prayer that corruption in this country becomes a leper that no one wants to touch. I sent a similar message via an opened face book for Nigeria @ 50.
I am disturbed as I see corruption at every turn in Nigeria. I regained hope when I reviewed the political field and see Buhari/ Bakare ticket with its emphasis on dealing with corruption at roots. These are people we can pray for, these are people we can encourage and we can hold them to their words.

• Jonathan Cannot Do It
I make bold to proclaim that Jonathan cannot fight corruption in this country. He is a new wine in old bottle. Yes in every way Jonathan looks a fine gentleman who is willing to contribute to the development of this country. His analysis of corruption in Nigeria is faultless. His program against corruption is admirable. His vocal pronouncements against corruption is inspiring. As a person he looks a serious man but this man wearing the cap of president and presidential candidate of probably the most formidable party in Africa is surrounded, fenced up nay imprisoned by too powerful, ruthless and insurmountable cabals. These cabals planted and well entrenched over the years will make it virtually impossible for him to perform let alone fight Nigeria rock of Gibraltar called corruption.
The people surrounding him are too powerful than him. This fact is too obvious to overlook. There are people he cannot refuse dictations from. Majority of these people are those whose hands and fingers are not innocent when it comes to ruining this nation through corruption and looting.
I make bold to proclaim that Doctor Good luck Jonathan is not a free man among these cabals spread across the six geo-political zones of this country. No doubt there are eyes he cannot look eyeball to eyeball. Honestly if this fine gentleman truly loves Nigeria he himself should promote and vote Buhari- Bakare ticket. A ticket with agenda and mission to uproot corruption and looting in Nigeria.
A Nigerian that will not fall for this singular proposition of uprooting corruption and looting is ignorant of what has brought the nation to her knees and what has turn a giant to not only a dwarf but an irritating dwarf among the global community.
Unlike Jonathan – Sambo who are deeply planted in the midst of vested interests who can or will dictate to Buhari- Bakare. Where is the cabal that will push Buhari- Bakare around over or under? I am not aware of anyone in the world nay in Nigeria that can do so. They are simply not made for that clime. They are not balls that player can dribble around.
Let me talk a little bit about Bakare
Bakare is a profound and erudite lawyer. He is a no-nonsense taker. He is a completely uncompromising cleric and a man of unbending principles when it comes to taking side on what is right. This is one man that can look to any man, anywhere in the world eyeball to eyeball. This is one man free from any group of cabal and manipulators.
Intellectually Bakare remains a giant. His vocal capability makes him a mass orator of no mean dimensions. This is attested to by his pulpit and podium prowess.
It is almost unthinkable that anyone will be more qualified than Pastor Tunde Bakare to align with General Mahammadu Buhari in fighting corruption and looting in this country.
Buhari a past head of state, a past governor and someone who had held high ranking ministerial posts in this country must therefore have known wholesomely what corruption and looting means in this country and more importantly he must have known what uprooting corruption and looting truly means and demand in this country. He must have known that corruption is not an issue of recent thing in Nigeria, it has been growing as Nigeria add year after year to her age.
Corruption and looting is a well developed trade and business with roots of oak tree and flourishing branches as cedar tree. He must have known that this endemic cancer is a culture here. Having given his word he must have know that he cannot afford to fail.
Everyday police release criminals once the right price to grease their palms is paid. What cannot pass through the customs once personnel bread is buttered.
PHCN are bribed to undermine revenue. Every court process must be met with doling out of cash at every level. The many steps of building approvals will require bribe to move forward. Any business with government at any level will be met with demand of bribes. This is Nigeria for you.
Ministers, Governors, Commissioners, Parastatals Heads are deeply involved in the scandal of bribery and corruption. The whole head is sick. Bribery is from the grass root to the highest level of corridors of power.
Only new wine in new skin can work. Twelve years of civilian regime has not made a dent on corruption in this country. I strongly believe that Buhari- Bakare ticket which in itself is a mystery remain a new wine for the new skin of the new order that worth giving a chance at presidency.
If you love this country promote Buhari- Bakare ticket.
It is my candid opinion that men like Obasanjo should promote and vote for Buhari- Bakare ticket. He himself as an anti-corruption crusader who was in the saddle for eight years could only but scratch the surface of corruption not even making a dent.
Now let me speak to Action Congress of Nigeria, you will help this country more than you can ever think if you will align with well meaning Nigerians to promote and vote for Buhari- Bakare ticket. As things are today this will be your best way to say that you truly love Nigeria ditto all other political parties. Buhari- Bakare ticket represents hope regained in Nigeria.
We must not be on the wrong side of history by ignoring this ticket with its emphasis of dealing corruption roots.
The duo of Buhari- Bakare have the stamina to lead by example the crusade against corruption and looting. Promote them to save this nation from ruins beyond this generation.
As a cleric, let me speak to my primary constituency and even beyond. It is time to speak out in favour of a ticket that can kill corruption and looting. We can hold them to their word- uprooting corruption and looting. All clerics and men of good intention for this nation must speak out. Our religious leaders, our regional leaders, our leaders in the academics, our youth leaders and others should rise at this moment of history to speak out.
Elders, Pastors, General Overseers, General Superintendent, Presidents of churches, Bishops and religious leaders of the great divides must not be fence sitters at this time but arise and promote this Buhari- Bakare ticket even for a change in the right direction. History will not forgive anyone who ought to speak out but keep quiet. Anyone who for a mess of portage keeps quiet will one day answer for their action and in-actions. Clerics Take Position.
It remains a few days and even hours to the presidential election yet this few days and hours can make the whole difference. It is time for the CPC to swing powerfully and oil the engine of ICT in a revolutionary way to reach all Nigerians to vote Buhari- Bakare tickets.
ICT To The Rescue
Over 70 million Nigerians are subscribers to mobile telephone lines in this country. it is time to send Voice Mails, SMS and MMS to promote Buhari- Bakare ticket and that on everyday basis. This will turn the table to favour our honorable desire. I appeal to the networks to assist generously in this order you loose nothing but gain all things. A corrupt and looting free nation will generate the right business atmosphere where all will prosper. It is time to move to the cyber space everyday to promote Buhari- Bakare ticket.
Face book, Twitter, bogspots, bulk sms etc are all there, well meaning Nigeria can use not only the networks but these ICT platforms. On individual basis let us promote this ticket by prayers, by ICT platforms and by talking to people generously assuring all that we can hold these people to their words.
A final word as I wish Buhari- Bakare ticket a great and excelling success at the polls, do not disappoint us when you get there.

www.nigeriamustnotdie..com

Rev. Samuel Oluwatunbi
Re: Why Johnathan, Obasanjo And All Nigerians Must Vote Buhari-bakare by Dave6: 12:19am On Apr 07, 2011
Ok!

(1) (Reply)

Acn Scorns Bankole, Oyinlola, Omisore’s Acceptance Of Defeat ! / Election Mayhem: 300 Patients With Bullet Wounds / Next: Authorities Finger Nairaland Forum In Electoral Violence !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.