Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan (7252 Views)

Peter Obi Is The Reason Why Niger Is Mocking Nigeria / Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be Part Of Biafra / Niger Delta Will Not Be Part Of Biafra - Goodluck Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Culwizthedeltan(m): 9:34pm On Feb 09, 2021

Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan yesterday delivered a lecture at Texas US on why remaining indivisible with Nigeria than joining forces with Biafrans in splitting the country will pay Niger Deltans more.

Excerpts

I begin this write-up by saying that I mean no ill-thought towards the Biafran struggle or Igbos in general. What I’ve written here are mainly my personal reflections concerning the Niger Delta, especially with regards to non-Igbo groups and their stake in the Biafran movement which has been rebirthed for some time now. I am not a mouthpiece for the Niger Delta but I believe I’ve been in the Niger Delta long enough to know our problems and our stand. I’ve also interacted with many Niger Deltans to know their stand in the Biafran sttruggle.

When I use the term Niger Delta, I am referring to the region covering Delta, Edo, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, and Cross River states. However, I understand that the region also covers Ondo, Imo, and Abia states. I’m not concerned with the latter because they are either Igbos or Yorubas and have their own struggles. The ethnic groups within my coverage include Urhobo-Isoko, Bini, Esan, Itsekiri, Ijaw-Epie-Ogbia, Ogoni, Afemai, Efik-Annang-Eket-Oron-Ibibio, Ogoja, Ejagham, and other groups in Cross River North. Ikwerre, Ukwuani, Ika, Aniocha, Ogba, and other Igboid groups, are not included. Historically, Biafra covered all the Niger Delta states EXCEPT Delta and Ondo states. This fact must be emphasised.

Pro-Biafrans are welcome to debate and address my issues in a civil manner. I understand that most pro-Biafrans resort to insults when salient issues are addressed.

Please let’s set a good precedence from hereon.

1. Biafra may not be better for Niger Deltans because Niger Deltans may end up living one form of subjugation for another. The argument Igbos have made for their freedom is the desire to be free from Hausa-Yoruba domination. That argument also applies to the average Niger Deltan. Igbo, no doubt, will be the major ethnic group if Biafra is actualised. Ijaws may have a stake due to their numbers. What about the Ogonis, Urhobo-Isokos, Itsekiris, Efiks, etc? Where will they fit in at the national level? The sad reality is that another Nigeria will just be made manifest and resentments will build up. What will really be the fate of minorities? Will they fare better in Biafra or alone? In Nigeria, big groups such as Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo checkmate each other’s excesses very well. Who will checkmate that of Igbos in the new nation?

2. The issue of annexation comes to play. For so long, e-Biafrans have annexed Niger Delta as part of the proposed nation. The map below shows us what Biafrans have drawn to constitute the new nation:?
If we judge from this map, it means all groups in the Niger Delta have been annexed. My question is whether the leaders of these groups have been consulted before the annexation was done. I, for one, know that Urhobo-Isoko and Efik-Ibibio leaders have not approved of Biafra neither have anybody in these regions declared Biafra. So how and why were they included in the proposed map? Little things like this bring distrust and I understand that many of these non-Igbo regions have disowned the map and pledged allegiance to Nigeria. The declaration by the Delta State government is a case in point. I see this as forceful annexation. The so-called e-Biafrans have also not done much in calming the nerves of the people of the annexed regions. I’ve seen comments such as “if you don’t like it, go and stay in Sokoto”, “all land in the South is Biafraland”, etc. Is it not ironic that a group of people who want freedom want to annexe others?

3. What languages will be made the official languages of the new nation? I have seen several posts by e-Biafrans where Igbo was proposed as the official language of the new republic. What then will happen to other languages such as Urhobo, Isoko, Okpe, Efik, Ibibio, Oron, Ogoni, Eleme, Okrika, Kalabari, Bini, Esan, etc? Will they die off because of Igbo? Certainly NOT! If English is made the official language, the Igbo majority factor will kick in. If your name isn’t Chukwuemeka or Oliseh, Amarachi or Nneka, etc, you won’t get any appointment nor shall you be recognised. These are things we can’t deny. We are very ethnocentric in Africa.

4. What and what have Igbo nation done for Niger Deltans to gain their trust? Every day I see Igbo youths making enemies where there were none. They constantly use the agency of the internet to sprout controversy, hurl insults at dissenters and make unfounded claims. There is this general air of mistrust for Igbos by some Niger Deltans, particularly by Urhobo-Isoko and Bini people. What have Igbos done to checkmate this? Has any Igbo leader or group extended the hand of friendship to the Niger Deltans. Mistrust cannot be wished away. Most Niger Deltans would rather follow Hausas as slaves than follow Igbos as kings. This is the real reality and truthfully, Igbos caused this.

5. Who will lead the new nation? Obviously, Nnamdi Kanu, their hero, has fought tooth and nails for Biafra and he is currently cooling off in jail. If Biafra comes today, who will be the interim leader and what modalities are in place for subsequent leaders to be elected? Igbos have been the only ones fighting for Biafra since time immemorial with a handful of other groups here and there. Will Igbos allow other groups to rule over them? Will they allow an Urhobo man to be President, for instance? This is not a case of mere wishing. We have to understand that Niger Delta groups MAY NEVER BE ALLOWED TO RULE BIAFRA IF IT IS ACTUALISED.

6. Still on the issue of leaders, are the new leaders going to fall from the skies or they are simply going to change addresses from Abuja to Enugu. If so, what will change in the new nation? It is not arguable that Igbo national leaders are the most corrupt persons in Nigeria. If these same people are the ones to rule the new nation then there is no hope because corruption will be so rife that the economy of the new nation will shut down like a knocked engine. If we argue that new and younger leaders will arise, we still have the issue of who fought for Biafra to contend with. Most pro-Biafrans will not allow someone who sat at the periphery of the struggle to just come and waltz power away from the “heroes” of Biafra. If this is true then we will not have a proper democracy in Biafra.

8. Will Biafra be a utopia? The impression that e-Biafrans give is that Biafra will be perfect and we all know for a fact that this is not true. Apart from the issue of corruption and sentimentalism that have been addressed, we still have the issue of development. Where will money be generated from to develop the nation? In the whole of the proposed Biafra, only Port Harcourt and Onitsha are economically viable cities. Where will the investors come from? Why should they invest in a volatile country? Only in Warri, we have Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo at loggerheads, imagine what would happen to the whole nation. Secondly, I am sure that no Niger Deltan will allow his “oil” to be used to develop Enugu like what happened with Abuja, and is still happening today. Niger Deltans are getting wiser and by the time the new nations are formed, matters that border on oil, wealth distribution and infrastructural development will be raised.

9. The current structure of the proposed nation, as shown in the map earlier embedded, favour Igbos with more states. Urhobo has one, Efik-Ibibio has two, Itsekiri has none, etc. How will this be addressed? Certainly, every ethnic nationality will want adequate representation and so the structure on that map will never work.

10. Last, but not the least, is the issue of referendum. Some Biafrans are already calling for a referendum which will involve all parts of the proposed nation. I am pretty sure how this referendum will turn out. However, for the sake of being hypothetical, let us imagine that some ethnic groups/states vote against Biafra by the majority, what will be their fate at the end of the day? Secondly, will the result of such a referendum be true and honest? I understand that electoral malpractice forms a part of our identity. How are we going to get a true reflection of people’s thoughts? Thirdly, if states and ethnic groups do decide to vote for Biafra, what mechanisms are in place to contain Igbophobia, Igbomania, Igbocentrism, Igbo hegemony, Landgrabbing, and all issues that minorities have raised?
Above are the reasons why I feel that Niger Deltans will NOT subscribe to the Biafran movement. I have been very practical, philosophical and hypothetical in my approach. I do not speak for any group or persons but I present these issues for the pro-Biafrans to address. Niger Deltans can raise more issues that I have not raised. Finally, it should be noted that I expect insults directed at my person by e-warriors and keyboard mercenaries, as usual, but I won’t pleasure such persons with answers or altercations. If you raise good points, we can discuss like intellectuals.

Long Live Niger Delta!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Fahdiga(m): 9:37pm On Feb 09, 2021
So says a drunk

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 09, 2021
No source..

4 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Culwizthedeltan(m): 9:44pm On Feb 09, 2021
Esseite:
No source..

Source or no source
The truth will always be bitter.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by jimi4us: 9:46pm On Feb 09, 2021
Culwizthedeltan:

Excerpts

I begin this write-up by saying that I mean no ill-thought towards the Biafran struggle or Igbos in general. What I’ve written here are mainly my personal reflections concerning the Niger Delta, especially with regards to non-Igbo groups and their stake in the Biafran movement which has been rebirthed for some time now. I am not a mouthpiece for the Niger Delta but I believe I’ve been in the Niger Delta long enough to know our problems and our stand. I’ve also interacted with many Niger Deltans to know their stand in the Biafran sttruggle.

When I use the term Niger Delta, I am referring to the region covering Delta, Edo, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, and Cross River states. However, I understand that the region also covers Ondo, Imo, and Abia states. I’m not concerned with the latter because they are either Igbos or Yorubas and have their own struggles. The ethnic groups within my coverage include Urhobo-Isoko, Bini, Esan, Itsekiri, Ijaw-Epie-Ogbia, Ogoni, Afemai, Efik-Annang-Eket-Oron-Ibibio, Ogoja, Ejagham, and other groups in Cross River North. Ikwerre, Ukwuani, Ika, Aniocha, Ogba, and other Igboid groups, are not included. Historically, Biafra covered all the Niger Delta states EXCEPT Delta and Ondo states. This fact must be emphasised.

Pro-Biafrans are welcome to debate and address my issues in a civil manner. I understand that most pro-Biafrans resort to insults when salient issues are addressed.

1. Biafra may not be better for Niger Deltans because Niger Deltans may end up living one form of subjugation for another. The argument Igbos have made for their freedom is the desire to be free from Hausa-Yoruba domination. That argument also applies to the average Niger Deltan. Igbo, no doubt, will be the major ethnic group if Biafra is actualised. Ijaws may have a stake due to their numbers. What about the Ogonis, Urhobo-Isokos, Itsekiris, Efiks, etc? Where will they fit in at the national level? The sad reality is that another Nigeria will just be made manifest and resentments will build up. What will really be the fate of minorities? Will they fare better in Biafra or alone? In Nigeria, big groups such as Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo checkmate each other’s excesses very well. Who will checkmate that of Igbos in the new nation?

2. The issue of annexation comes to play. For so long, e-Biafrans have annexed Niger Delta as part of the proposed nation. The map below shows us what Biafrans have drawn to constitute the new nation:?
If we judge from this map, it means all groups in the Niger Delta have been annexed. My question is whether the leaders of these groups have been consulted before the annexation was done. I, for one, know that Urhobo-Isoko and Efik-Ibibio leaders have not approved of Biafra neither have anybody in these regions declared Biafra. So how and why were they included in the proposed map? Little things like this bring distrust and I understand that many of these non-Igbo regions have disowned the map and pledged allegiance to Nigeria. The declaration by the Delta State government is a case in point. I see this as forceful annexation. The so-called e-Biafrans have also not done much in calming the nerves of the people of the annexed regions. I’ve seen comments such as “if you don’t like it, go and stay in Sokoto”, “all land in the South is Biafraland”, etc. Is it not ironic that a group of people who want freedom want to annexe others?

3. What languages will be made the official languages of the new nation? I have seen several posts by e-Biafrans where Igbo was proposed as the official language of the new republic. What then will happen to other languages such as Urhobo, Isoko, Okpe, Efik, Ibibio, Oron, Ogoni, Eleme, Okrika, Kalabari, Bini, Esan, etc? Will they die off because of Igbo? Certainly NOT! If English is made the official language, the Igbo majority factor will kick in. If your name isn’t Chukwuemeka or Oliseh, Amarachi or Nneka, etc, you won’t get any appointment nor shall you be recognised. These are things we can’t deny. We are very ethnocentric in Africa.

4. What and what have Igbo nation done for Niger Deltans to gain their trust? Every day I see Igbo youths making enemies where there were none. They constantly use the agency of the internet to sprout controversy, hurl insults at dissenters and make unfounded claims. There is this general air of mistrust for Igbos by some Niger Deltans, particularly by Urhobo-Isoko and Bini people. What have Igbos done to checkmate this? Has any Igbo leader or group extended the hand of friendship to the Niger Deltans. Mistrust cannot be wished away. Most Niger Deltans would rather follow Hausas as slaves than follow Igbos as kings. This is the real reality and truthfully, Igbos caused this.

5. Who will lead the new nation? Obviously, Nnamdi Kanu, their hero, has fought tooth and nails for Biafra and he is currently cooling off in jail. If Biafra comes today, who will be the interim leader and what modalities are in place for subsequent leaders to be elected? Igbos have been the only ones fighting for Biafra since time immemorial with a handful of other groups here and there. Will Igbos allow other groups to rule over them? Will they allow an Urhobo man to be President, for instance? This is not a case of mere wishing. We have to understand that Niger Delta groups MAY NEVER BE ALLOWED TO RULE BIAFRA IF IT IS ACTUALISED.

6. Still on the issue of leaders, are the new leaders going to fall from the skies or they are simply going to change addresses from Abuja to Enugu. If so, what will change in the new nation? It is not arguable that Igbo national leaders are the most corrupt persons in Nigeria. If these same people are the ones to rule the new nation then there is no hope because corruption will be so rife that the economy of the new nation will shut down like a knocked engine. If we argue that new and younger leaders will arise, we still have the issue of who fought for Biafra to contend with. Most pro-Biafrans will not allow someone who sat at the periphery of the struggle to just come and waltz power away from the “heroes” of Biafra. If this is true then we will not have a proper democracy in Biafra.

8. Will Biafra be a utopia? The impression that e-Biafrans give is that Biafra will be perfect and we all know for a fact that this is not true. Apart from the issue of corruption and sentimentalism that have been addressed, we still have the issue of development. Where will money be generated from to develop the nation? In the whole of the proposed Biafra, only Port Harcourt and Onitsha are economically viable cities. Where will the investors come from? Why should they invest in a volatile country? Only in Warri, we have Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo at loggerheads, imagine what would happen to the whole nation. Secondly, I am sure that no Niger Deltan will allow his “oil” to be used to develop Enugu like what happened with Abuja, and is still happening today. Niger Deltans are getting wiser and by the time the new nations are formed, matters that border on oil, wealth distribution and infrastructural development will be raised.

9. The current structure of the proposed nation, as shown in the map earlier embedded, favour Igbos with more states. Urhobo has one, Efik-Ibibio has two, Itsekiri has none, etc. How will this be addressed? Certainly, every ethnic nationality will want adequate representation and so the structure on that map will never work.

10. Last, but not the least, is the issue of referendum. Some Biafrans are already calling for a referendum which will involve all parts of the proposed nation. I am pretty sure how this referendum will turn out. However, for the sake of being hypothetical, let us imagine that some ethnic groups/states vote against Biafra by the majority, what will be their fate at the end of the day? Secondly, will the result of such a referendum be true and honest? I understand that electoral malpractice forms a part of our identity. How are we going to get a true reflection of people’s thoughts? Thirdly, if states and ethnic groups do decide to vote for Biafra, what mechanisms are in place to contain Igbophobia, Igbomania, Igbocentrism, Igbo hegemony, Landgrabbing, and all issues that minorities have raised?
Above are the reasons why I feel that Niger Deltans will NOT subscribe to the Biafran movement. I have been very practical, philosophical and hypothetical in my approach. I do not speak for any group or persons but I present these issues for the pro-Biafrans to address. Niger Deltans can raise more issues that I have not raised. Finally, it should be noted that I expect insults directed at my person by e-warriors and keyboard mercenaries, as usual, but I won’t pleasure such persons with answers or altercations. If you raise good points, we can discuss like intellectuals.

Long Live Niger Delta!!
Fake news

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Abdul05: 9:47pm On Feb 09, 2021
If only ojukwu had known of such people( Niger Deltans have hated the IBO's ever since),he would have discarded the ideal of Biafra and he would then have sought ways and means of obtaining the best possible concessions for his own people who had suffered most.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by CodeTemplar: 9:47pm On Feb 09, 2021
Supporting source.
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by jimi4us: 9:47pm On Feb 09, 2021
Culwizthedeltan:

Excerpts

Long Live Niger Delta!!

Even your lies have no link

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by jimi4us: 9:49pm On Feb 09, 2021
Culwizthedeltan:

Excerpts

Long Live Niger Delta!!

Goodluck Jonathan can't be linked with this poorly written English

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by CodeTemplar: 9:49pm On Feb 09, 2021
Supporting source pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 09, 2021
Culwizthedeltan:

Source or no source
The truth will always be bitter.

Okay... am happy for you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by after4: 9:58pm On Feb 09, 2021
I know that this is a lie. lets assume it is true, I will like to let op know that igbos do not need niger deltans, they are the one that need us. If they wont join us, they can as well remain in Nigeria. there is nothing they have we don't have and even much more. like I said nah one small pikin wey no know anything write this rubbish

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by adekusibe10(m): 10:01pm On Feb 09, 2021
Good points

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by nabiz(m): 10:04pm On Feb 09, 2021
Lol I bait with my accounts balance that GEJ will never write this nonsense. This is just the wish of the caliphate . If gej wrote this it means he is uncivilized. Nnamdi kalu is asking for referendum for people to willingly decide their faith unlike uncivilized Nigeria. Even the write up and choice of words are very very poor

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Zooposki(f): 10:19pm On Feb 09, 2021
Abdul05:
If only ojukwu had known of such people( Niger Deltans have hated the IBO's ever since),he would have discarded the ideal of Biafra and he would then have sought ways and means of obtaining the best possible concessions for his own people who had suffered most.

Why do they hate you?

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by privaldo: 10:46pm On Feb 09, 2021
Abdul05:

As funny as it sounds, the Niger Delta is closer to the South East than many of you imagine. They have the longest political/romantic relationship in the country.
When Jonathan was president, most key members of his cabinet comprised of Igbos from his Chief of Army Staff to his Finance Minister.
The South East and the Niger Delta are the only regions where the political leaders maintain strong and open relationships even though they are of different political parties.
The South East and the Niger Delta are considered a single voting block due to their long standing political alliance by many political analyst.
When Nnamdi started his clamours for an independent Biafra, Niger Deltan war lords like Asari were among the first to lend him their support.

You may like it or not, but I think the SE and the Niger Delta are far closer than many of you realise. I don't see the need though to lump them into a sovereign Biafra due to the large of number of tribes within, they can both exist as allies like they have always been.
Also, so many of you ranting about the Niger Delta hating the South East or vice verse are either Ignorant or children with little or no knowledge of political/socio-economical alliances. The good though is you consist of a very minute percent, and are also irrelevant to the political/socio-economic affairs within the both regions.

Cc culwizthedeltan

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by soundOsonic: 11:04pm On Feb 09, 2021
after4:
I know that this is a lie. lets assume it is true, I will like to let op know that igbos do not need niger deltans, they are the one that need us. If they wont join us, they can as well remain in Nigeria. there is nothing they have we don't have and even much more. like I said nah one small pikin wey no know anything write this rubbish

This is the Igbo centrism we are talking about. Igbo don't need Niger delta, Naira delta need the Igbos?.
If Biafra comes, this statement clearly shows how ego centric most Igbos are. You are not the first I have heard this from, neither are you the second.
But seriously Niger Delta is just an end to a means.
Igbos and the Hausas are just to end of thesame coin. The reason why they are at each other's neck is because they have very much in common than any ethnic group. What the Hausa are doing to Igbos in Nigeria, is what Igbos will do to the Niger Delta.
Hausa and Igbo are in every villages in Nigeria they can't just stay one place.

Hausa and Igbo are at every market in Nigeria, they can't just let indigenes do their own market.

Hausa and Igbo are the ethnic group that does mostly petty businesses.

Hausa and igbo are the one with most unified religion (Christianity and Islam)

Hausa and igbo youths are ever ready to lose their life because of one supreme leader (Northern caliphate who lurks in the shadow and of course Kanu who ride to battle field with his keyboard) their youths are bunch of amateurs.

Hausa and igbo have the highest number of billionaires. (Shadow billionaires)

Hausa and igbo rarely gives their daughters to other tribe.

Hausa and igbo are not tolerant of other people religion.

Hausa and igbo for some strange reasons thinks they are destined to rule.

You all are thesame

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by porthouse7(f): 11:04pm On Feb 09, 2021
Biafra is cumming

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by tit(f): 11:31pm On Feb 09, 2021
Fulani love Igbo more than Niger Delta

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by edoairways: 11:32pm On Feb 09, 2021
soundOsonic:

This is the Igbo centrism we are talking about. Igbo don't need Niger delta, Naira delta need the Igbos?.
If Biafra comes, this statement clearly shows how ego centric most Igbos are. You are not the first I have heard this from, neither are you the second.
Igbos and the Hausas are just to end of thesame coin. The reason why they are at each other's neck is because they have very much in common than any ethnic group. What the Hausa are doing to Igbos in Nigeria, is what Igbos will do to the Niger Delta.

Hausa and Igbo are at every market in Nigeria, they can't just let indigenes do their own market.

Hausa and igbo youths are ever ready to lose their life because of one supreme leader (Northern caliphate who lurks in the shadow and of course Kanu who ride to battle field with his keyboard) their youths are bunch of amateurs.

This statement is not true.

You all are thesame
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 09, 2021
embarassed Aphonjaz will soon start masturbating all over the thread

3 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by HandsomeBlack: 11:53pm On Feb 09, 2021
I think someone (most likely a Niger Deltan) wrote that piece to give the Pro-Biafran Igbos opportunity to clear some of the misgivings they (Niger Deltans) have about joining Biafra.
Nnamdi Kanu and other pro-Biafra leaders should look into these issues raised and address them sincerely to alley the fears of your minorities.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Biafrawemove: 12:02am On Feb 10, 2021
Please someone should summarize
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by theFilmtric: 12:05am On Feb 10, 2021
no source?— but its quite true though
theFilmtricsay
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by OruExpress: 12:11am On Feb 10, 2021
'At texas us'
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Muna4real(f): 12:20am On Feb 10, 2021
tit:
Fulani love Igbo more than Niger Delta

Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by GerogeI(m): 12:23am On Feb 10, 2021
Culwizthedeltan:

Excerpts

Long Live Niger Delta!!

First, know you can be traced and arrested for impersonating a former president!

As to your opinion reflected in your false write up.
There is always a multi-state solution, or Multiple Autonomous States.

Let's have something clear, Division of Nigeria is actually something to be decided by the three major ethnic groups. Minorities in the Niger delta do not have the population to be drivers on this. Mere presidency, Jonathan was chased out of office.

But let's assume you have a major say. The only reason you consider yourself a wanted bride is due to developed oil fields. Note the terms developed. If you are familiar with Nigerian Geology, you will know two major things.

1. Oil in the Niger delta, found within Benin formation was formed by ancient oceans, which extended as far as benue. So this oil is not only found just in the Niger delta, but also further inland. The choice to focus on exploiting the Niger delta was made by British Royal Dutch Shell for their own ease of transport and post civil war investment safety.

2. Since marine remains that form oil are usually dumped on the continental shelf. The source rock for the oil in Nigeria are more matured the further you go inland. The truth is that the only reason why you should not find more oil fields Midland, will be the absence of trapping fault structures. With the position of Cameron dormant volcanoes, one expects adequate faulting all the way to Jo's plateau. Not the plateau itself, but the bedrock on which it was deposited.

3. Let's even assume that there are no adequate fault structures to trap oil inland. The plenty source rocks can be cracked to give shale gas and shale oil.

So, the Niger Delta is not a bride because of exclusivity of oil, but because you are the already exploited. You should be more worried about who will bear the burden of your development long after your resources become redundant, because that is the reality that is coming soon. The west is doing everything to wean off oil, due to its impact on melting glaciers (melting ice will change climate significantly in temperate regions, and high likelihood of re-emergence of ancient illnesses). When they do this in about 1 decade oil will become only an industrial feedstock for making plastics.

The emerging world power house, China today is powered by coal gasification technology. China also has the largest Shale gas resources of any country in the world. They can decide no to buy a single drop of oil.

Bottom line, Igbos will be stupid to be looking for a Biafra that will be reliant on oil. All the oil assets being sold off by Shell, Exxon Mobile should tell you the future. Igbos also looking for Niger Delta as part of Biafra will be stupid as well, cause they will be accepting to bear the cost of cleaning up the mess created by Britain in exploiting oil in your lands, without any economic reward.

The truth is that all Igbos need is access to sea, which is already achieved through the Ikwerre regions of River State.

The second truth is that Nigeria will eventually divide, on the day politicians can no longer see oil money to steal. On that day, you will have no big ethnic group check mating themselves as you tend to delude yourself. Rather you will be the reject.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Ricky97(m): 12:38am On Feb 10, 2021
This is surely not from GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 5:47am On Feb 10, 2021
Fahdiga:
So says a drunk
your rejected fool of a father is the imbecilc drunk

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by allcomage: 5:56am On Feb 10, 2021
soundOsonic:

You all are thesame
Stop this nonsense postulations In the new Biafra, each ethnic group will be self governing; have it's parliament, premier, police and control their resources 100% and can be a country of its own with asimple referendum.Very strong regions and weak centre. If Eastern Nigeria ethnic nationalities fails to liberate themselves from back ward Nigeria, they are doomed for ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Governors, Others On FG's Blue Economy Committee / Naira Scarcity: Tinubu Asks Youths To Not Engage In "Destructive Protests" / Why Do You Support Goodluck Jonathan For President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.