Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,968 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan (7296 Views)

Peter Obi Is The Reason Why Niger Is Mocking Nigeria / Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be Part Of Biafra / Niger Delta Will Not Be Part Of Biafra - Goodluck Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Gbadebo19(m): 7:38am On Feb 10, 2021
O.P, if in your stupid mind, you know what libel can cost you. You will never attribute this stupid write up to Jonathan. Me, I am not Igbo, nor am I from the Niger Delta, but the Jonathan that served as Nigeria's president will not conjure this gibberish.
If you are looking for a way to be popular, make a sound statement and attribute it to your President Buhari in Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by November1857(m): 7:40am On Feb 10, 2021
Culwizthedeltan:

Source or no source
The truth will always be bitter.
Which Niger Delta are you talking about. Last time I checked, Ondo,imo and Abia state are part of Niger Delta.
Typical Imposter claiming Akwa Ibomit. I am Akwa Ibomit a pro-Biafra.

We're the biggest Ibos ally in Nigeria! Nothing can change that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by EdoDefence: 7:50am On Feb 10, 2021
allcomage:

Stop this nonsense postulations In the new Biafra, each ethnic group will be self governing; have it's parliament, premier, police and control their resources 100% and can be a country of its own with asimple referendum.Very strong regions and weak centre. If Eastern Nigeria ethnic nationalities fails to liberate themselves from back ward Nigeria, they are doomed for ever.

Same way Nigeria was built, but later hijacked.
Well my side is not Biafra so I won't try to derail the Biafran agitation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by KosiGee(m): 8:50am On Feb 10, 2021
Fahdiga:
So says a drunk

You have already assumed that this was from Goodluck Jonathan. Some are asking for source?

Whether the above was from GEJ or written by another person, I think we need to start being civil and addressing issues rather than resorting to rudeness and disrespect.

You are not more Igbo than lots of people here. We need to start reflecting on a lot of issues, address concerns and paranoia raised or held by others due to either misunderstandings of our intentions and way of life or uproot and destroy those misguided beliefs held by other ethnic group via our interactions and friendships with them.

Trust me when I say this, between you and at least 10 other Igbo people who criticise certain value systems of ours or utterances of Nnamdi Kanu, you would be found wanting when trouble starts, in fact you might be the first to desert and leave your mates.

This is an anonymous platform but you really do not know who is at the other end typing or responding. There are very hard core Igbo people here who will fight and defend Igbo land, people, customs and values with their blood...just because someone doesn’t appear unnecessarily belligerent in speech or manner doesn’t make the person weak.

Be aware that there are really violent, insane and crazy Igbo people here and other media platforms.

You don’t fight with the keyboard...you learn, listen to people’s opinions, counter them and let others hear you out.

Fights are necessary but lots of us here....Adi anu ogu ifele... we fight and will fight when it’s necessary and will press that destruction button if need be....

Peace, justice and equity should be embraced.

Learn to respect other people’s opinion. Counter their arguments or ignore their rants if you have to.

3 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by darkwan: 9:48am On Feb 10, 2021
allcomage:

Stop this nonsense postulations In the new Biafra, each ethnic group will be self governing; have it's parliament, premier, police and control their resources 100% and can be a country of its own with asimple referendum.Very strong regions and weak centre. If Eastern Nigeria ethnic nationalities fails to liberate themselves from back ward Nigeria, they are doomed for ever.

who turned it back ward....??

look how you are already now lookin down at people....

why should deltans take you serious like this....??
many of you say,you dont need us but we need you....
as if somebody appointed una on a mission....

who in the delta is beggin una for anything sef....??

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by PERVENCHE: 9:53am On Feb 10, 2021
soundOsonic:

This is the Igbo centrism we are talking about. Igbo don't need Niger delta, Naira delta need the Igbos?.
If Biafra comes, this statement clearly shows how ego centric most Igbos are. You are not the first I have heard this from, neither are you the second.
But seriously Niger Delta is just an end to a means.
Igbos and the Hausas are just to end of thesame coin. The reason why they are at each other's neck is because they have very much in common than any ethnic group. What the Hausa are doing to Igbos in Nigeria, is what Igbos will do to the Niger Delta.
Hausa and Igbo are in every villages in Nigeria they can't just stay one place.

Hausa and Igbo are at every market in Nigeria, they can't just let indigenes do their own market.

Hausa and Igbo are the ethnic group that does mostly petty businesses.

Hausa and igbo are the one with most unified religion (Christianity and Islam)

Hausa and igbo youths are ever ready to lose their life because of one supreme leader (Northern caliphate who lurks in the shadow and of course Kanu who ride to battle field with his keyboard) their youths are bunch of amateurs.

Hausa and igbo have the highest number of billionaires. (Shadow billionaires)

Hausa and igbo rarely gives their daughters to other tribe.

Hausa and igbo are not tolerant of other people religion.

Hausa and igbo for some strange reasons thinks they are destined to rule.

You all are thesame

so true. I am an Idoma man from Benue, my village is just a walking distance from Obolle in Enugu state. we share the same staunch Faith in Catholicis
m with the Ibos. But when I went serving in the east...the Ibos kept calling me an aboki. I was an outsider.

I think Ibos like the fulanis are not inclusive. Yes! mostly those who have not been out of the east. they have this crass about them that makes you know you will not be welcome at the table but maybe allowed to have the leftover.

for Ibos to rule, they need to reach out to the minority ethnic groups around them. even in the US, Latino, Asian and black votes are key.

4 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Emu4u2c: 10:28am On Feb 10, 2021
source or No Source
Link or no link
That does not take out the fact that This article is the truth.

There is a general Air Of Mistrust for the Igbo Tribe and they have the false sense of an “Igbophobia “which was caused by them.

The Igbos create enmity every where they go in the name of developing their host location.

I have had personal experiences with The Igbo man That gives little to be desired

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by pazienza(m): 10:29am On Feb 10, 2021
PERVENCHE:

so true. I am an Idoma man from Benue, my village is just a walking distance from Obolle in Enugu state. we share the same staunch Faith in Catholicis
m with the Ibos. But when I went serving in the east...the Ibos kept calling me an aboki. I was an outsider.

I think Ibos like the fulanis are not inclusive. Yes! mostly those who have not been out of the east. they have this crass about them that makes you know you will not be welcome at the table but maybe allowed to have the leftover.

for Ibos to rule, they need to reach out to the minority ethnic groups around them. even in the US, Latino, Asian and black votes are key.

Well, your Idoma people teamed up with the rest of Nigeria to unleash massacre on Ndiigbo during the civil war.
One of the deadliest scenes of Igbo massacre during the pogrom that followed the death of Ironsi took place in Makurdi( Tivland).

It was an opportunity for you northern minorities to chose side and show us you were not one with Abokis, but instead you chose to be one with Abokis and it has become etched in Igbo mindset that you all are one over there.

You can't blame us for that.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by johnmartus(m): 10:32am On Feb 10, 2021
Ah you say this to your savior.
Fahdiga:
So says a drunk
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by pazienza(m): 10:42am On Feb 10, 2021
Emu4u2c:
source or No Source
Link or no link
That does not take out the fact that This article is the truth.

There is a general Air Of Mistrust for the Igbo Tribe and they have the false sense of an “Igbophobia “which was caused by them.

The Igbos create enmity every where they go in the name of developing their host location.

I have had personal experiences with The Igbo man That gives little to be desired

How exactly did Igbos cause Igbophobia?

We have never killed our hosts or dispossessed them of their lands. We usually buy lands from our hosts at the highest price available, which is why indigenes trying to sell land always prefer Igbo buyers. We know the valur of land and often pay premium price for it.

Unlike others who come to a place, make money there and refuse giving back to the place by refusing to invest in development of the place by building houses and other key infrastructures.
Igbos will usually invest in any place they make their money from. They build big houses to beautify the aesthetics of those places, they pay taxes. Rather than being appreciated, the indigenes get envious and all evil machinations will be hatched to harm the Igbo man and loot his wealth.

Abia state government gave Northerners a place in Abia state called Lokpa to build cow market and develop for 20yrs now.
These Northerners make millions from cow business in that place. When you pass through there you see many expensive heavy duty vehicles they use to transport cows parked along the express.
Yet these people have not given back anything to their hosts.
Not one single decent building has been built by these people there. All you see is Zinc houses and shanties. Filth and dirt everywhere.

They make money there and take everything back home to North.

The Igbo man will never do this. The Igbo man would have built beautiful buildings there, attract banks there, attract schools for their children, improve the real estate value of the place.

Rather than being appreciated, the indigenes having been lured to sell their family lands because of increase value of the land in the area mainly caused by Igbos investments there, would start spinning Igbophobic narratives aimed at driving Igbos off from the place and reclaiming all the Igbo investment there as "Abandoned property".

This is the story of the Igbo man and other Nigerian ethnic groups. Igbo propensity to invest in foreign lands are usually what expose them to envy and ire of their hosts.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Zamrito: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2021
This is old news since 2017 which Jonathan denied ever saying. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/jonathan-denies-statement-biafra/ P. S_ go get a life.
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by PERVENCHE: 11:57am On Feb 10, 2021
pazienza:

Well, your Idoma people teamed up with the rest of Nigeria to unleash massacre on Ndiigbo during the civil war.
One of the deadliest scenes of Igbo massacre during the pogrom that followed the death of Ironsi took place in Makurdi( Tivland).

It was an opportunity for you northern minorities to chose side and show us you were not one with Abokis, but instead you chose to be one with Abokis and it has become etched in Igbo mindset that you all are one over there.

You can't blame us for that.

neither can you blame me for the civil war. I was born in 86. never one to shy away from asking questions. my folks too were victims of the war because of our close proximity to y'all Ibos. we were easily mistaken for you guys thus why most middle age and older Idoma folks have facial marks to differentiate.

shortly before the war, there was a national dislike for the Ibos as Chinua Achebe (my favourite person of all time) clearly captured in his "There Was a Country" because that generation were small minded and petty. just as we now have a national dislike for herders.

the kanuris in the northeast are neither Hausa nor fulanis
the nupes in Niger and Abuja are neither Hausa nor fulanis
they are only neighbours to them

yet the Hausa will always tag them as theirs because they understand politics; a game of numbers.

keep calling us northern minorities

instead of middle belters

the way forward is to join hands into the future
instead of holding to grudge and the small minded pettiness of our parents during the civil war.

have blissful day.

cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Skyfornia(m): 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2021
Valid points though I know they didn't emanate from GEJ
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:13pm On Feb 10, 2021
"Most Niger Deltans would rather follow Hausas as slaves than follow Igbos as kings. This is the real reality and truthfully, Igbos caused this."

How can a free born man say things like this?
So all these people know they are slaves!!
Wow my Niger Delta people I greet una slavery oo
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by EdoDefence: 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2021
PERVENCHE:

And if they reach out to you, you will allow them? Well just know when they get there, they will throw you away
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by EdoDefence: 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
"Most Niger Deltans would rather follow Hausas as slaves than follow Igbos as kings. This is the real reality and truthfully, Igbos caused this."

How can a free born man say things like this?
So all these people know they are slaves!!
Wow my Niger Delta people I greet una slavery oo

We wanting to be left alone doesn't mean we want to be slaves

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2021
EdoDefence:

We wanting to be left alone doesn't mean we want to be slaves

Most Niger Deltans would rather follow Hausas as slaves than follow Igbos as kings. This is the real reality and truthfully, Igbos caused this.

You guys already know it, that's why you beg for your 13%
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by jude79(m): 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
soundOsonic:

This is the Igbo centrism we are talking about. Igbo don't need Niger delta, Naira delta need the Igbos?.
If Biafra comes, this statement clearly shows how ego centric most Igbos are. You are not the first I have heard this from, neither are you the second.
Igbos and the Hausas are just to end of thesame coin. The reason why they are at each other's neck is because they have very much in common than any ethnic group. What the Hausa are doing to Igbos in Nigeria, is what Igbos will do to the Niger Delta.

Hausa and Igbo are at every market in Nigeria, they can't just let indigenes do their own market.

Hausa and igbo youths are ever ready to lose their life because of one supreme leader (Northern caliphate who lurks in the shadow and of course Kanu who ride to battle field with his keyboard) their youths are bunch of amateurs.

You all are thesame

Don't try to narrow igbo down to what you want, okay
Igbo: nigerdeltans are our brothers, we are from the same source.
Nigerdeltans: ah we no be same with Igboes, we are not related, Igboes should stop attaching themselves to us.
Igbo: okay since that's what you want, we agree, nigerdeltans should find their own bearing, infact, we are no more related.
Nigerdeltans: why are Igboes so egocentric, is this how we are going to stay together in a new country with Igboes lipsrsealed
Igbo: undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Tochj(m): 12:28pm On Feb 10, 2021
A very old news and GEJ had since disowned the news.
Speaking through his media aide Mr.Ikechukwu Eze.
Jonathan said that the news is the handiwork of Jobless people like this poster.
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Tochj(m): 12:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
Ricky97:
This is surely not from GEJ
He has since disowned the write up
Don't mind them
He's not foolish to insult us like this
What we're suffering now is bcoz of our
100percent support to him.
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by psychalade: 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
True words undecided

soundOsonic:

You all are thesame
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 10, 2021
Meanwhile, in Niger Delta.

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by coputa(m): 2:02pm On Feb 10, 2021
Abdul05:
If only ojukwu had known of such people( Niger Deltans have hated the IBO's ever since),he would have discarded the ideal of Biafra and he would then have sought ways and means of obtaining the best possible concessions for his own people who had suffered most.
This is not a matter of hate,Ojukwu was blinded by greed that he didn't see these issues clearly.
Biafra failed from the word go.

3 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by LikeAking: 3:01pm On Feb 10, 2021
Make una calm down.

Naija is where it is because,most of us are not making use of our talents.

We dont have respect for anybody

We dont know how to mind our biz.

We love to bring people down.

We are self centered and we dont think of anoda mans good.

We are not brave.
We are very envious and hateful.

We have a small/primitive mindset.

We have very low standards.

We are dishonest.

We cant manufacture, innovate and design.

We are the devils workshop cos most of us are idle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Seraphicelement(m): 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2021
Germaine questions
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by Stone03: 3:44pm On Feb 10, 2021
Culwizthedeltan:

Excerpts

I begin this write-up by saying that I mean no ill-thought towards the Biafran struggle or Igbos in general. What I’ve written here are mainly my personal reflections concerning the Niger Delta, especially with regards to non-Igbo groups and their stake in the Biafran movement which has been rebirthed for some time now. I am not a mouthpiece for the Niger Delta but I believe I’ve been in the Niger Delta long enough to know our problems and our stand. I’ve also interacted with many Niger Deltans to know their stand in the Biafran sttruggle.

When I use the term Niger Delta, I am referring to the region covering Delta, Edo, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, and Cross River states. However, I understand that the region also covers Ondo, Imo, and Abia states. I’m not concerned with the latter because they are either Igbos or Yorubas and have their own struggles. The ethnic groups within my coverage include Urhobo-Isoko, Bini, Esan, Itsekiri, Ijaw-Epie-Ogbia, Ogoni, Afemai, Efik-Annang-Eket-Oron-Ibibio, Ogoja, Ejagham, and other groups in Cross River North. Ikwerre, Ukwuani, Ika, Aniocha, Ogba, and other Igboid groups, are not included. Historically, Biafra covered all the Niger Delta states EXCEPT Delta and Ondo states. This fact must be emphasised.

Pro-Biafrans are welcome to debate and address my issues in a civil manner. I understand that most pro-Biafrans resort to insults when salient issues are addressed.

Please let’s set a good precedence from hereon.

1. Biafra may not be better for Niger Deltans because Niger Deltans may end up living one form of subjugation for another. The argument Igbos have made for their freedom is the desire to be free from Hausa-Yoruba domination. That argument also applies to the average Niger Deltan. Igbo, no doubt, will be the major ethnic group if Biafra is actualised. Ijaws may have a stake due to their numbers. What about the Ogonis, Urhobo-Isokos, Itsekiris, Efiks, etc? Where will they fit in at the national level? The sad reality is that another Nigeria will just be made manifest and resentments will build up. What will really be the fate of minorities? Will they fare better in Biafra or alone? In Nigeria, big groups such as Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo checkmate each other’s excesses very well. Who will checkmate that of Igbos in the new nation?

2. The issue of annexation comes to play. For so long, e-Biafrans have annexed Niger Delta as part of the proposed nation. The map below shows us what Biafrans have drawn to constitute the new nation:?
If we judge from this map, it means all groups in the Niger Delta have been annexed. My question is whether the leaders of these groups have been consulted before the annexation was done. I, for one, know that Urhobo-Isoko and Efik-Ibibio leaders have not approved of Biafra neither have anybody in these regions declared Biafra. So how and why were they included in the proposed map? Little things like this bring distrust and I understand that many of these non-Igbo regions have disowned the map and pledged allegiance to Nigeria. The declaration by the Delta State government is a case in point. I see this as forceful annexation. The so-called e-Biafrans have also not done much in calming the nerves of the people of the annexed regions. I’ve seen comments such as “if you don’t like it, go and stay in Sokoto”, “all land in the South is Biafraland”, etc. Is it not ironic that a group of people who want freedom want to annexe others?

3. What languages will be made the official languages of the new nation? I have seen several posts by e-Biafrans where Igbo was proposed as the official language of the new republic. What then will happen to other languages such as Urhobo, Isoko, Okpe, Efik, Ibibio, Oron, Ogoni, Eleme, Okrika, Kalabari, Bini, Esan, etc? Will they die off because of Igbo? Certainly NOT! If English is made the official language, the Igbo majority factor will kick in. If your name isn’t Chukwuemeka or Oliseh, Amarachi or Nneka, etc, you won’t get any appointment nor shall you be recognised. These are things we can’t deny. We are very ethnocentric in Africa.

4. What and what have Igbo nation done for Niger Deltans to gain their trust? Every day I see Igbo youths making enemies where there were none. They constantly use the agency of the internet to sprout controversy, hurl insults at dissenters and make unfounded claims. There is this general air of mistrust for Igbos by some Niger Deltans, particularly by Urhobo-Isoko and Bini people. What have Igbos done to checkmate this? Has any Igbo leader or group extended the hand of friendship to the Niger Deltans. Mistrust cannot be wished away. Most Niger Deltans would rather follow Hausas as slaves than follow Igbos as kings. This is the real reality and truthfully, Igbos caused this.

5. Who will lead the new nation? Obviously, Nnamdi Kanu, their hero, has fought tooth and nails for Biafra and he is currently cooling off in jail. If Biafra comes today, who will be the interim leader and what modalities are in place for subsequent leaders to be elected? Igbos have been the only ones fighting for Biafra since time immemorial with a handful of other groups here and there. Will Igbos allow other groups to rule over them? Will they allow an Urhobo man to be President, for instance? This is not a case of mere wishing. We have to understand that Niger Delta groups MAY NEVER BE ALLOWED TO RULE BIAFRA IF IT IS ACTUALISED.

6. Still on the issue of leaders, are the new leaders going to fall from the skies or they are simply going to change addresses from Abuja to Enugu. If so, what will change in the new nation? It is not arguable that Igbo national leaders are the most corrupt persons in Nigeria. If these same people are the ones to rule the new nation then there is no hope because corruption will be so rife that the economy of the new nation will shut down like a knocked engine. If we argue that new and younger leaders will arise, we still have the issue of who fought for Biafra to contend with. Most pro-Biafrans will not allow someone who sat at the periphery of the struggle to just come and waltz power away from the “heroes” of Biafra. If this is true then we will not have a proper democracy in Biafra.

8. Will Biafra be a utopia? The impression that e-Biafrans give is that Biafra will be perfect and we all know for a fact that this is not true. Apart from the issue of corruption and sentimentalism that have been addressed, we still have the issue of development. Where will money be generated from to develop the nation? In the whole of the proposed Biafra, only Port Harcourt and Onitsha are economically viable cities. Where will the investors come from? Why should they invest in a volatile country? Only in Warri, we have Ijaw, Itsekiri and Urhobo at loggerheads, imagine what would happen to the whole nation. Secondly, I am sure that no Niger Deltan will allow his “oil” to be used to develop Enugu like what happened with Abuja, and is still happening today. Niger Deltans are getting wiser and by the time the new nations are formed, matters that border on oil, wealth distribution and infrastructural development will be raised.

9. The current structure of the proposed nation, as shown in the map earlier embedded, favour Igbos with more states. Urhobo has one, Efik-Ibibio has two, Itsekiri has none, etc. How will this be addressed? Certainly, every ethnic nationality will want adequate representation and so the structure on that map will never work.

10. Last, but not the least, is the issue of referendum. Some Biafrans are already calling for a referendum which will involve all parts of the proposed nation. I am pretty sure how this referendum will turn out. However, for the sake of being hypothetical, let us imagine that some ethnic groups/states vote against Biafra by the majority, what will be their fate at the end of the day? Secondly, will the result of such a referendum be true and honest? I understand that electoral malpractice forms a part of our identity. How are we going to get a true reflection of people’s thoughts? Thirdly, if states and ethnic groups do decide to vote for Biafra, what mechanisms are in place to contain Igbophobia, Igbomania, Igbocentrism, Igbo hegemony, Landgrabbing, and all issues that minorities have raised?
Above are the reasons why I feel that Niger Deltans will NOT subscribe to the Biafran movement. I have been very practical, philosophical and hypothetical in my approach. I do not speak for any group or persons but I present these issues for the pro-Biafrans to address. Niger Deltans can raise more issues that I have not raised. Finally, it should be noted that I expect insults directed at my person by e-warriors and keyboard mercenaries, as usual, but I won’t pleasure such persons with answers or altercations. If you raise good points, we can discuss like intellectuals.

Long Live Niger Delta!!

For your information, this write up was on social media several years ago. Goodluck Jonathan through his media aid had come publicly to disassociate himself from this.

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2021
Jonathan on Biafra.

Quoted for posterity sake!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by romenna: 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2021
As an edo man, I want to warn the biafran agitators to keep their biafra among the five south eastern states.
Any attempt for them to cross that line will lead to a repeat of 1967 to 1970

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2021
romenna:
As an edo man, I want to warn the biafran agitators to keep their biafra among the five south eastern states.
Say no to war.
Please don't join them, this is one thing we are avoiding already.
Two worlds doesn't make a right.
In One Nigeria we believe.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by GNature(m): 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2021
romenna:

Haha grin
Re: Why Niger Deltans Do Not Want To Be A Part Of Biafra -- Goodluck Jonathan by EdoDefence: 8:12pm On Feb 10, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Most Niger Deltans would rather follow Hausas as slaves than follow Igbos as kings. This is the real reality and truthfully, Igbos caused this.

You guys already know it, that's why you beg for your 13%

Most WAZOBIA people will mostly not mind their business
Niger Delta people will be free to make their choices wether to split or be one or go with other regions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shameless Rigging Of Kogi Election Exposed - Pic / Appeal Court Dismisses Ogboru’s Appeal, Upholds Okowa’s Victory As Delta Gov / Benjamin Kalu: Why We Increased 2021 Budget To ₦13.588 Trillion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.