Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos (59924 Views)

Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. / Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences / Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 10, 2021
Lehadeh:

C of o will be paid to the government not seller
that mean the original Yoruba owner have sold his land forever, and every other thing is between state government and the new owner?
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 10, 2021
doxijaw:

See as you finished the guy, it's always the educated one's that are dumbest. grin

he is just quoting what he read from books. he don't know how things work in real life.
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Lehadeh: 7:21pm On Feb 10, 2021
justosee:
that mean the original Yoruba owner have sold his land forever, and every other thing is between state government and the new owner?
It lies on the state government. Because of state government decides to revoke to c of o or decide not to renew it. Then there’s nothing you can do about it
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 10, 2021
Lehadeh:

It lies on the state government. Because of state government decides to revoke to c of o or decide not to renew it. Then there’s nothing you can do about it
Will they revoke it and return the land to the original Yoruba owner?
hope you know one is allowed to sue if he is treated unfairly by government.
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Lehadeh: 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
justosee:
Will they revoke it and return the land to the original Yoruba owner?
hope you know one is allowed to sue if he is treated unfairly by government.
You can sue state government but you can never win state government in court especially on land matters

1 Like

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
Lehadeh:

You can sue state government but you can never win state government in court especially on land matters
people win state government on land every day and they get huge sum of money as compensation. You can even get a court judgement to stop government from taking over your land without paying compensation.
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Dollanaira: 8:31pm On Feb 10, 2021
I’m a forceMan omo onile get nothing from me
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Lehadeh: 8:32pm On Feb 10, 2021
justosee:
people win state government on land every day and they get huge sum of money as compensation. You can even get a court judgement to stop government from taking over your land without paying compensation.
Not in Lagos state. Highest you can get is compensation which won’t even be up to the worth of the property if there’s anything at all

1 Like

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 10, 2021
Lehadeh:

Not in Lagos state. Highest you can get is compensation which won’t even be up to the worth of the property if there’s anything at all
have you ever been to court in a land case?
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Lehadeh: 8:47pm On Feb 10, 2021
justosee:
have you ever been to court in a land case?
Yes and you can’t compare states because each state has its own regulations
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
Lehadeh:

Yes and you can’t compare states because each state has its own regulations
every state regulation have to be in agreement with the Nigerian constitution.
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Lehadeh: 9:11pm On Feb 10, 2021
justosee:
every state regulation have to be in agreement with the Nigerian constitution.
Each state have its own laws as regards land. It has nothing to do with Nigeria constitution because state government owns the land not federal government ok
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Obamaofusa: 9:16pm On Feb 10, 2021
justosee:
and after 99 years the land go back to the original Yoruba owner?
Don't you know the so called c of o can be renewed after 99 years?

It can be revoked even before 20 years and there is nothing anybody can do.Yorubas hold all the aces.
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 10, 2021
Odinaka00:

This is totally not necessary, I would feel so bad if anyone calls my tribes men fools please watch what you comment
Tell that oyigboupdate who throws party at the death of other tribesmen. I hope you feel bad when he and other BMC foools post and rejoice over videos of innocent people in the southeast killed by soldiers.
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by cardoctor(m): 10:06pm On Feb 10, 2021
Many things still missing. Gate, soak away, bq
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Kenny9857(m): 11:23pm On Feb 10, 2021
Scottallen:

How much?

Please why are you not responding to my WhatsApp message anymore sir cry embarassed
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by stieyven(m): 11:45pm On Feb 10, 2021
CotenantNIG:
Have you tried to buy land in some parts of Lagos and have been told to pay Omo-Onile Signing Fees Like this Below

Who are Omo-Onile?
Omo onile  in Yoruba means “the child of the landowner.” Thus, an individual indigene of any specific Yoruba settlement may sell the portion of the family land appropriated to him or her.

The fear of Omo Onile is the beginning of wisdom for land developers in Lagos. Even with the best of education and your eyes wide open, you might discover that you have bought your land from ‘charlatans and impostors.’ The doctrine that governs the land market in Lagos is ‘buyers beware’. The multiple sale of land by branches of the same family is not generally considered a heinous crime but a minor side effect of African polygamy. In a house you built fifty years ago, you may one day find a fellow at your doorstep brandishing a paper called ‘court judgment’ that makes him the new owner of the land on which your property is built. The solution is ‘settlement’ that requires skillful bargaining. The possession of Certificate of Ownership is no defence in such matters.

In Some parts of Lagos, this is what you pay for

To put Foundation on the land N200,000
To collect the Deed of Assignment as proof of purchase of the land and receiving your money N200,000
To fence the property as a precaution against Land Fraudsters N150,000
To put a structure on it with Decking N200,000
To Construct a Roof on the property N160,000
Community Money for coming into their Village to buy a land N100,000

It's as if it's a crime to come to their place to buy land. I think our law is too weak to make these people to stop doing this nonsense all in the name of Omo-Onile

If you buy land at Elegushi, it's N2.5Million to just sign your document minus foundation and the rest of the nonsense they demand. In Badore, Olokonla, and areas controlled by the Olumegbon, it is N500,000 to sign your documents.

In Agungi, Osapa London, Chevron, and areas controlled by the Ojomu family, it's N1.5Million to sign your documents alone. Even those ones in the heart of Ibeju Lekki and Epe are beginning to copy their more illustrious counterparts to demand between N100,000 to N200,000 to buy land at Eleko or Free Trade Zone.

In Some part of Ikotun, Egbeda its almost N50,000
Share your Omo Onile Wahala

https://pwanmax.com/2021/02/09/omo-onile-signing-fees/
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge of the Holy one is understanding. Proverbs 9:10
Do not take liberties with the word of God. Do not take the name of the Lord in vain. The Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain. EXODUS 20 :7
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by hansomb: 1:14am On Feb 11, 2021
The Northerns are the most welcoming people of all tribes in Nigeria. They will even allocate a town to visitors like Sabin gari in Kano etc to strangers. The Igos will only rent to you while the Yoruba will extort before selling to you.
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by orlaglobal234: 2:37am On Feb 11, 2021
CotenantNIG:

is this necessary, you could pay your message without insulting any tribe
That's their life that's why i hate those animals call themselves BIAFRUG from that region with person they don't have common sense at all, all their comment is to abuse others turn everything to tribal war
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Scottallen: 4:05am On Feb 11, 2021
Kenny9857:

Please why are you not responding to my WhatsApp message anymore sir cry embarassed

I never received any WhatsApp message from you. Are you sure, I'm the one you meant to talk to
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Kenny9857(m): 7:24am On Feb 11, 2021
Scottallen:

I never received any WhatsApp message from you. Are you sure, I'm the one you meant to talk to
I'm so sorry sir I think it is from someone else, thought it was you. The person was negotiating with me the price of the FB account I said I want to sell.

Do you still have interest sir ?

Hunger wan kill a brother oo
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Misterone: 7:52am On Feb 11, 2021
when people buy properties in London, New York, California etc and pay millions of dollars is it not the same? this omo nile system encourages distribution of wealth to the community instead of the government or individuals.
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Anthonyola(m): 8:15am On Feb 11, 2021
WHY NOT INVEST IN LAGOS LANDS?
Property investment is a priority for every visionaries, it goes beyond immediate gains to solving generational challenges.

Today we are talking about investing in a location that is 100% guaranteed on returns on investment with a 50% capital growth on the 4th week of initiation of investment.

Can we remember the cost of a plot of land in Lekki phase1, 2 & Ikate some years back? Can you compare with today’s price? Land appreciation is Unbeatable.

Ibeju-Lekki is going to be the heart of Lagos soon with the ongoing project:

 FREE TRADE ZONE
 DANGOTE REFINERY
 2 DEEP SEA PORT
 INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
 LA CAMPAIGNE TROPICANA BEACH AND RESORT etc
I believe that buying the future starts with buying what can cater for the future.
I believe you/your family will need more money in the future than now.
Brit Property Nigeria Ltd is here to offer you a genuine estate lands. A BRIGHT FUTURE START WITH US!

For Enquiries:
www.britpropertynigerialtd.com
Facebook: anthigpropertieslekki
Instagram: bealandowner
Call/WhatsApp: 07031950067
Anthony (marketer)

Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by DrMuzungu(m): 9:36am On Feb 11, 2021
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 11, 2021
Logan23:

This is a total lie afonjja.

Where are you from?

I am talking about Enugu and I know it is the same in PH, likewise Asaba. These are places I am certain of.

So if it is different in your place, say the name of your place and tell us what is obtainable there.

Actually it might be that you have never bought a piece of land or even tried to develop one so how would you know?
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 11, 2021
slachtoffers:

Where are you from?

I am talking about Enugu and I know it is the same in PH, likewise Asaba. These are places I am certain of.

So if it is different in your place, say the name of your place and tell us what is obtainable there.

Actually it might be that you have never bought a piece of land or even tried to develop one so how would you know?

Oga am from Enugu, born and brought up and still live in enugu. Even building a 4 block of flat in new haven extension, around mountain of fire ministries.

All u said are false, the total money paid to a community u buy land from in Enugu is very minimal and nowhere near over 1 - 2 million being paid in lagos.

U know nothing about Enugu and most importantly u have never bought a piece of land in Enugu, talk more of building a BQ

Most levies paid is to govt of enugu
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Scottallen: 1:40pm On Feb 11, 2021
Kenny9857:

I'm so sorry sir I think it is from someone else, thought it was you. The person was negotiating with me the price of the FB account I said I want to sell.

Do you still have interest sir ?

Hunger wan kill a brother oo

Yes. How much?
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Kenny9857(m): 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2021
K
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Scottallen: 8:41am On Feb 12, 2021
Kenny9857:

4k sir

Just for me to see something buy foodstuffs sir.
I go give you 3k. Give me your WhatsApp. I go contact you
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 12, 2021
Logan23:

Oga am from Enugu, born and brought up and still live in enugu. Even building a 4 block of flat in new haven extension, around mountain of fire ministries.

All u said are false, the total money paid to a community u buy land from in Enugu is very minimal and nowhere near over 1 - 2 million being paid in lagos.

U know nothing about Enugu and most importantly u have never bought a piece of land in Enugu, talk more of building a BQ

Most levies paid is to govt of enugu

At first you said nothing of such happens in Enugu and now you said the total amount paid to community is no where near 1 to 2 million as being demanded in Lagos. Even in your write up you admitted that most levies ( which means that extortion from communities are still on going) are paid to government.

My argument is simply that the culture of paying community and youths before you start developing a land has creeped into the SE as well and not only Lagos.

And that rather than focusing only on Lagos we should start tackling it in SE before it degenerates to the level of Lagos.

Well I am not here to measure who has a longer dick. But I am from Enugu not only born and raised there but lived worked and as well lived and worked elsewhere but within and outside Naija. As for building a BQ this is a faceless forum and I will leave it at that (afu na anya ekwe lu).

But let me ask you few questions :

1. Are there communities in Enugu that collect money for ewu ani before you start building?

2. Are there communities in Enugu that collect ogbo na eche agu fee before you are allowed to build?

3. Are there communities that collect Igwe fee before you can build on already paid land?

4. Are there communities that request for additional payment before signing power of attorney?

If your answers to these questions are yes, what is the difference with what is happening in Lagos?

Your position is that the amount is more in Lagos. Of course it is but that does not mean it does not happen in the east.

It is just like saying that in Yobe State police could collect a bribe of 10 naira from Oga rider and that because in Lagos police will not collect anything less than 100.

As result we shouldn't be worried about police extortion in Yobe State because the amount is too small compare to how much is being extorted from riders in Lagos.

Please people from 042 are known to use their brain use yours biko.
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 12, 2021
slachtoffers:

At first you said nothing of such happens in Enugu and now you said the total amount paid to community is no where near 1 to 2 million as being demanded in Lagos. Even in your write up you admitted that most levies ( which means that extortion from communities are still on going) are paid to government.

My argument is simply that the culture of paying community and youths before you start developing a land has creeped into the SE as well and not only Lagos.

And that rather than focusing only on Lagos we should start tackling it in SE before it degenerates to the level of Lagos.

Well I am not here to measure who has a longer dick. But I am from Enugu not only born and raised there but lived worked and as well lived and worked elsewhere but within and outside Naija. As for building a BQ this is a faceless forum and I will leave it at that (afu na anya ekwe lu).

But let me ask you few questions :

1. Are there communities in Enugu that collect money for ewu ani before you start building?

2. Are there communities in Enugu that collect ogbo na eche agu fee before you are allowed to build?

3. Are there communities that collect Igwe fee before you can build on already paid land?

4. Are there communities that request for additional payment before signing power of attorney?

If your answers to these questions are yes, what is the difference with what is happening in Lagos?

Your position is that the amount is more in Lagos. Of course it is but that does not mean it does not happen in the east.

It is just like saying that in Yobe State police could collect a bribe of 10 naira from Oga rider and that because in Lagos police will not collect anything less than 100.

As result we shouldn't be worried about police extortion in Yobe State because the amount is too small compare to how much is being extorted from riders in Lagos.

Please people from 042 are known to use their brain use yours biko.

Total trash.

U have never lived in enugu and u no be 042 boy, So keep away from any issue concerning Enugu

""Even in your write up you admitted that most levies ( which means that extortion from communities are still on going'"

This is silly n hopeless, I never at any point say that communities extort anyone, It has never happened in d past in Enugu, talk less of being "ongoing".

There is no extortion of builders or land owners in Enugu, Avoid topics u have zero knowledge about.

Ewu ani is a very old IGBO tradition that has always been here, it didn't creep into igbo land from anywhere. U buy goat and it is killed and shared between everyone transacting the business. Stop writing baseless things

U never even fence land for Enugu, talk more of building anythin.

OGBA NA ECHE AGU IS N30,000.

How many times I go drum am for ur ear make e enter?

If anyone took 400k from u for ogba na ECHE agu, then they duped u and u are johnbull for dealing in lands n buildings without asking question. Johnbosco
Re: Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 12, 2021
Wickedfacts:

Lol. You had to bring Igbos into this. grin
Was it not the entire Anambra state fighting Ebonyi state over renaming of a single street?
Is it not in Igboland that we have the longest running communal clash in Nigeria between Umuleri and Aguleri?
Is it not in Igboland that Arthur Eze and Chimamanda's villages are killing themselves over half plot of land?

In your own family, are your sisters allowed to inherit their own father's property?

Please, remove Igbos from this matter.

U specialize in IGBO hating and it will get u nowhere.

List the tribes in nigeria that do not fight and have all forms of internal conflict among themselves all year round grin grin

I'm waiting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Most Expensive House In Nigeria / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video) / Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.