Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

What's The True Story Behind Nigeria Vs India 99-1 Tale - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's The True Story Behind Nigeria Vs India 99-1 Tale (1362 Views)

Who Remembered This Lie? India 99-1 Nigeria. / Real Story Behind India’s 99-1 Win Over Nigeria In World Cup Game(Video) / India 99-1 Nigeria: The Fake Story That 'never' Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The True Story Behind Nigeria Vs India 99-1 Tale by Ademola47(m): 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2021
From generations to generations, the Nigeria versus India 99-1 massive defeat story is passed. Although existing facts said no such match was played, not to talk of Nigeria being 'handicapped' on the pitch.

But then, there's a rumour that FIFA banned India for using Jazz against Nigeria. It was even added that the ball turned into lion whenever Nigerian players were to play.

However, the whole story appears like a nationwide lie. No existing fact or record to buttress it.

To the much experienced people of Nairaland, What's the real story behind the match?

Re: What's The True Story Behind Nigeria Vs India 99-1 Tale by DICKstractor: 11:49pm On Feb 09, 2021
undecided

I don't know who carved out this story because it spread across the nation like wild fire

I heard the person that scored that one goal for Nigeria, prayed before he kicked the ball and died later in the pitch.

I also heard that the match was so intense that, Indians agreed that if Nigeria can score one goal, it will be taken that Nigeria won. the match

Crazy stories we heard...
Re: What's The True Story Behind Nigeria Vs India 99-1 Tale by paulolee(m): 5:56am On Feb 10, 2021
one of the biggest lie been told in our generation, would like to know d person dt created this story, I guess he didn't know the number of people he had misled..
I remember I argued, fought n even gambled on this story when growing up because it was too hard to believe BT everyone we asked said its true..
this folklore is d biggest scam dt av heard not until "change" came in 2015, Mk I no talk shaa
Re: What's The True Story Behind Nigeria Vs India 99-1 Tale by Ademola47(m): 6:20pm On Feb 10, 2021
Uncle lalasticlala please help move to FP for more views and replies

(1) (Reply)

Leo Messi Surpasses Ronaldo In Total Number Of Non Penalty Career Goals / Ronaldo Gifts Man Utd Shirt To Young Boys Steward After Knocking Her Over / Breaking News VIDEO: Sex Noises Shockingly Interrupt Euro 2024 Draw As Embarrass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.