Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:23 PM

Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) (33930 Views)

I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey / Ex-Eagles Get-Together: Kanu, Okocha, Amokachi, Ikpeba, Siasia, Yobo (Video) / PHOTOS: Super Eagles Defender, Tyronne Ebuehi Joins Benfica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) by Rugaria: 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
KosiGee:

Dahiru Sadi of Ranchers Bees, Dominic Iorfa was at BCC Lions of Gboko, Osaro was with Bendel Insurance, Augustine Igbinobaro dem...Moses Kpakor, you Sabi football.

Those were times when names like Bendel Insurance, Leventis United with Uwem Ekarika dem, Ghanaian Edward Ansah, Iwuanyanwu Nationale with the Mike Obikus, Rangers Jude Agada, Surugede Benedict Ugwu would send shivers down spines...glory days on Naija football when boys would wait endlessly and stay awake to watch midweek sports. Chai
You sabi them...
Moses Kpakor broke his ankle at Owerri stadium one evening and that was how he started struggling towards the end of his career... Amir Angwir? The one that died on the pitch. He fainted in a match weeks before, yet no precautionary measures... Up Nigeria! Benjamin Fejeku! No 10 for plateu united then.. Stadiums used to be full then! Overflowing, especially during WAFU Cup competitions and CAF Cup... Aaaaah, David Ngodigha and Peter Rufai...
Lots of people underated Peter Rufais excellent contributions to the super eagles deu to his mediocre showings at France 98. But dude was called up from retirement! In my opinion, he was by far Nigerias best goalkeeper of that era..

2 Likes

Re: Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) by Goco(m): 1:36pm On Feb 10, 2021
Goco:
It is well.

When my Neighbour's son had Brain Abscess...Brain Cancer. It was a serious case. The Doctors said they would operate on him but the father was scared and they were asked to raise over N30 Million Naira for surgery in India.

When another neighbour told me, As a Plant Stem Cell Therapist, I went to introduce Phytoscience Stem Cell Therapy to him. Initially he was skeptical because he didn't have accurate knowledge of how Stem Cells Work so I had to educate him and I administered the Therapy to the boy of 19 yrs.

After two month, they boy started feeling much better. They went for a scan and the doctor was shocked because according to the scan, the brain had healed up back and there was no Wound and Pus coming out from the brain anymore.

The Doctor asked them what they used and they told him. The Doctor asked for my number and they gave him. The next day, I received a text message from an unknown person cursing me and threatening my life for taking away his patient. I didn't know who it was from. The person went on to say he will deal with me for taking away food from his mouth. I became scared becos I didnt know who it was from until after a week the father disclosed to me that the Doctor requested for my number inorder to thank me aswell and he gave it to him. That was when everything became clear to me.

Anyways the boy is fine. He has gone back to school to prepare for his final exams. I'm so happy.

Meanwhile, another patient (a very wealthy man) who also had Brain Cancer and I introduced the same Therapy to refused and didn't believe. The person went for the surgery and DIED in the Operating Room.

Please, if people introduce something to you that can change your life and put an end to your health battle, kindly listen. Don't shun the person away. God might have sent that person just because of you. Pray about it for God might use that person to Heal you. You never can tell.

Stay blessed everyone

Now let me Educate you all.

You body is made of Stem Cells. And as you age these stem cells die. Different factors can cause you to loose cells. In fact we all loose cells everyday but the rate at which we loose these cells differ. Now as you loose theses cells, it damages your organs in the body because every organ in your body (Brain, Heart, Kidney, Lungs, Pancreas, Liver, Prostrate) are made up of Cells. And when these cells start die, your organs start damaging and failing.

Now you all know that Cell is the basic unit of life of which living things are built and Cells make up tissue, tissue make up organ and organ make up the Body system.

Cell------Tissue---Organ----Body.

For example, your Brain. Your Brain is made up of cells. When these cells die, the Brain starts damaging gradually and it will get to a point it will be beyond Repair. Different complication will arise and all.

The Remedy: Stem Cells. When you take Stem Cells. These stem cells go into your body to REGEBERATE Healthy Cells in different organs in your body. They REPAIR Damaged Cells and therfore Repair every damaged organ or tissue in your body system.

There is more to it but Let me stop here.
Re: Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) by Ezidimma(m): 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2021
May God Console His family and friends.
And may he Rest well at the other side
Re: Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) by chinedu234(m): 2:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
Dean of defence as eulogized by the mega commentator Ernest Okonkwo of blessed memory. Shofoluwe was a trusted name in the Green Eagles defence line alongside Sunday Egboigbe, and Bright Omokaro. That's was when the Green Eagles was a delight to watch. Beautiful play patterns and proper team coordination. Ahh. Yisa you will eternally live in our hearts. Rest in peace brother.
Re: Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) by kawkab: 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2021
Rashidi Yekini/Mike Obiku

Humphrey Edobor/Friday Elahor Henry Nwosu/Fooloronso Okenla Wole Odegbami/Ndubuisi Okosieme/Osaro Obobaifor

Stephen Keshi/Andrew Uwe

Bright Omokharo Yisa Shofuluwe/Waidi Akanni Ademola Adeshina/Uche Okafor Sunday Eboigbe/Austin Eguavon

Peter Rufai/Wilfred Agbonobavre/David Ngodigha
Re: Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) by guychidile: 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2021
Rest on,the defence minister of super eagles then,!
Re: Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) by Stone03: 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2021
Aiya! One of the names that I used to respect in my childhood days. May God console his people
Re: Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) by gabbasin(m): 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
RIP Otobo, our dependable right back
Re: Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) by wink2015(m): 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2021
Former Super Eagles defender Yisa Sofoluwe died on Tuesday evening at the Intensive Care Unit of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital.

The PUNCH broke the news of Sofoluwe’s ill-health on Friday, after the Maroc ’88 Africa Cup of Nations star was diagnosed with mild cerebral atrophy, a brain disease.

According to healthgrades.com, cerebral atrophy is the progressive loss of brain cells over time and can lead to decreased brain mass and loss of neurological function.

Ex-international Waidi Akanni, a close friend of Sofoluwe, told The PUNCH, “Sofoluwe is gone. We lost him this evening. May God rest his soul. We will go there (LUTH) tomorrow (Wednesday) to get his remains.”

Dosu Joseph, an ex-Eagles goalkeeper and Atlanta 1996 Olympics gold medallist, also confirmed Sofoluwe’s death to The PUNCH in a WhatsApp message.

“Thanks for your support, we lost him, another icon is gone. To God be the glory.”

Sofoluwe was earlier admitted at the Prince and Life Medical Hospital, Ikorodu, Lagos, before he was rushed to LUTH on Friday, after his medical condition became worse.

Born on December 28, 1967, Sofoluwe won 40 caps and scored one goal for Nigeria and was a member of the Eagles squads which reached the finals of the 1984 and 1988 AFCON tournaments.

The retired left-back, popularly known as Dean of Defence, also had an illustrious club career playing for some of the countries biggest clubs like 3SC, Abiola Babes, where he won two FA Cups in 1985 and 1987, and Julius Berger and Gateway United.

https://punchng.com/breaking-ex-eagles-defender-sofoluwe-is-dead/?amp=1&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

I read an interesting interview Yisa Sofoluwe granted Vanguard Newspaper last years ( 2020 )

Late Mr Sofoluwe talked about football development in Nigeria and his meeting with the Late MKO Abiola.

Now he has gone to join his maker.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) by Ayobami7(m): 8:53am On Feb 11, 2021
Rip
Re: Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) by nicedayontop: 10:23am On Feb 11, 2021
RIP Minister of defence way back in time. I think govt should introduce pension scheme for all ex eagle players.
Re: Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) by kay10: 7:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
I remembered them when abiola babes vs Leventis united, the stadium is always full to capacity, yisa vs Andrew uwe, these are the guys that make our olden days glorious,blood pressures are alway high, my late dad will be jumping up and down especially if referee intentionly award opponents free kick on box 18, no var them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 / Victor Osimhen Celebrates With Fans (Video) / Drogba Hails Mohamed Salah As He Breaks His Premier League Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.