Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,420 members, 7,812,236 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey (17129 Views)

"I Want To Be Like Harry Kane And Drogba" - Osimhen / Ajax Amsterdam Signs Calvin Bassey From Rangers In Club Record Deal / Nigeria's Calvin Bassey Makes UEFA Europe League Team Of The Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by robosky02(m): 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2023
Super Eagles of Nigeria defender Calvin Bassey has opened up on his love for Manchester United defender Harry Maguire.

Calvin Bassey, who came through the Leicester City academy has revealed that he always looked up to Maguire and saw the England international as a reference point for his career growth.

Maguire was excellent at Leicester and earned himself a lucrative move to Manchester United in 2018, breaking the world transfer record for a defender.

Speaking after the 1-0 loss to Manchester United last weekend, Fulham defender Bassey had nothing but praise for Maguire.

Bassey praises Maguire, looks up to him

The pair stayed behind to catch up after the game and Bassey spoke of their relationship. via Mirror.

"At the time I was coming through the ranks and he was one of the players I looked up to and still do.

Calvin Bassey
"Now that I'm playing on the opposite side, he plays on the opposite side, just giving me some advice like any top player would.

"He is an inspiration to me, was incredible at Leicester and still is. To do what he did for Leicester was amazing."

Bassey never made a senior appearance for Leicester, but went on to excel for Rangers and Ajax before moving to Fulham over the summer.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/i-want-to-be-like-harry-maguire-super-eagles-defender-calvin-bassey-2023110914250885787?utm_medium=social&utm_source=whatsapp&utm_campaign=BettingProf

11 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by Commentor: 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2023

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by Wawelexy(m): 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2023
Hope the Nigerian national team coach is taking note

242 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by robosky02(m): 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2023
Him no see top players to follow

Even

Oliseh, Mikel or Ndidi

Na Harry Maguire

Wahala

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by Achor1111(m): 11:11pm On Nov 09, 2023
The guy dey on kolos

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by hatakekakashi: 1:09am On Nov 10, 2023
robosky02:
Him no see top players to follow

Even

Oliseh, Mikel or Ndidi

Na Harry Maguire

Wahala
Those players you mentioned are not CBs like him and Maguire na

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by victory36(m): 6:49am On Nov 10, 2023
Wonderful aspiration after all Maguire is the most expensive defender in the world cool

24 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:59am On Nov 10, 2023

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by TechCapon(m): 6:59am On Nov 10, 2023
He's talking about the maguire of Leicester not the one of man utd ooo. Now maguire's mission is to put the ball in the back of his own net grin

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by BarrElChapo(m): 6:59am On Nov 10, 2023
😂😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by Beverlyjean(f): 6:59am On Nov 10, 2023
Abeg don't invite him again

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by phkka1(m): 6:59am On Nov 10, 2023
Ride on my boy.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by GoodRocks: 6:59am On Nov 10, 2023
grin grin

Imagine Maguire saying I want to be like Calvin bassey 😂

Dude must be on Colos

14 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by Lovemeharder(f): 6:59am On Nov 10, 2023
grin cheesy
Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by Blake755: 7:01am On Nov 10, 2023
angry
Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by jojothaiv(m): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2023
A joke taken too far.

More reason nigga wasn't that rated when he switched clubs.

14 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by Okiton: 7:01am On Nov 10, 2023
cheesy
Son be careful what you wish yourself

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2023
He is not yet realised that Harry Maguire is now a villian to Man Utd fans

16 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by ArmaniUhuru: 7:02am On Nov 10, 2023
God forbid!

Black monkey

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by hatakekakashi: 7:04am On Nov 10, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
He is not yet realised that Harry Maguire is now a villian to Man Utd fans
Maguire is the opposite of a villain currently. He's one of Man U's best performers

24 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by dfrost: 7:04am On Nov 10, 2023
What?
Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by hatakekakashi: 7:04am On Nov 10, 2023
TechCapon:
He's talking about the maguire of Leicester not the one of man utd ooo. Now maguire's mission is to put the ball in the back of his own net grin
You've obviously not watched Man U recently

14 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by magzey: 7:04am On Nov 10, 2023
Maguire of all Pipu grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by princeade86(m): 7:05am On Nov 10, 2023
This life, no matter who u be, u will still see who want to be like u.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by Lannyjoe4u: 7:05am On Nov 10, 2023
cheesy
Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by FitCorper: 7:05am On Nov 10, 2023
Please I need that meme of dog in glasses giving sarcastic view. That’s how the super eagles goal keeper will be looking at you right now. Na direct threat you just issue the goal keeper. Threats of own goals and assists on the wrong end of the field.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by helinues: 7:06am On Nov 10, 2023
Hahahaha.

You want to be calamity pending. Sluggish with ball, delaying pass unnecessarily

All the best sha

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by princeade86(m): 7:06am On Nov 10, 2023
hatakekakashi:

Those players you mentioned are not CBs like him and Maguire na
so he no see silver or Ramos abi. Lol

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by MayowaTallguy: 7:06am On Nov 10, 2023
As in,if u dey Watch football highlight wella u go know say this bros and maguire na 5&6
From ajax to Fulham,e dey make mistake pass maguire.
E no shock me at all

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Like Harry Maguire — Super Eagles Defender, Calvin Bassey by CooldipoMPS: 7:07am On Nov 10, 2023
grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bet9ja Withdrawal Problem / Premier League: Players From All 20 Clubs Will Continue To Take The Knee / Jürgen Klopp: No Chance Of Liverpool Signing Lionel Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.