Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari (17900 Views)

Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments / Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Buhari Goes Against Judgment, Bypasses NASS / Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by jarawa: 6:36am On Feb 10, 2021
Some elders from the South West yesterday commended President Muhammadu Buhari for appointing one of their sons as Chief of Air Staff.

The elders, under the aegis of Conference of Concerned Yoruba Elders, said the president’s gesture was a demonstration of his unwavering confidence in the South West to help his administration give Nigerians the much-needed security as he pledged during his campaign.

CCYE National Coordinator, Prof. Olusegun Ajibola and National Secretary, Dr Catherine Adisa, urged their kinsmen to reciprocate the president’s gesture by supporting his administration to succeed in bestowing an enduring legacy of good leadership for the country.

They, however, expressed reservation over what they called the continuous side-lining of their Igbo neighbours from the security management team.

They said this gave them concern as it had happened to the South East for the second time since 2015.

They urged Buhari to review the appointments and accommodate the South East for justice and equity.

They said no ethnic group or tribe had more stake in the Nigerian project than the others, asking Buhari to right “this wrong” so that every part of the country could have a sense of belonging in Nigeria.

https://dailytrust.com/service-chiefs-appointment-consider-igbo-too-yoruba-elders-tell-buhari

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by Fahdiga(m): 6:37am On Feb 10, 2021
Now the true Omoluabis has spoken loud and clear but we know that the nairaland fake Yorubas who doesn't know their left from their right will attack them for speaking the truth to power. this online miscreants shouldn't be taken serious because they don't have a say in the scheme of things in reality. hell fire surely awaits all of them when they eventually die.

Modified: See them fake Yorubas under me speaking through their anus while I'm sitting on top their cone heads Pooing

169 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by weyreypey: 6:42am On Feb 10, 2021
You'll never find the Igbo supporting Yoruba fa

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by helinues: 6:42am On Feb 10, 2021
grin cheesy

The way you lay your bed......

8 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by yanabasee1(m): 6:44am On Feb 10, 2021
A person who went to military school in his dreams to learn nepotism....What will you expect from such a person?

Sincerely, Buhari isn't just a failure, but a disgrace and shame to a modern day democracy....

The same way it took the entire Northern governors to come out this year to agree that open-grazing is outdated is the same way it'll take the many decades to condemn nepotism....

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by Omoluabi1stborn: 6:45am On Feb 10, 2021
Lol.
Buhari appoints 2 souths and two norths

I wonder all these useless talks

It can be anybody from any tribe
In as much they are southerners and northerners

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 10, 2021
This might seem ordinary to most minds.. but in politics this is a master stroke. This is smart...

This is "I appreciate your good gesture towards me, but you may be getting it wrong on a wider scale"...

What the SW Elders just said to all regions:
To the SE - For most of us, Deep inside there is no hate, the squabbles are only on the surface..

To the SS - Brotherhood goes beyond similar names or culture..

To the NW/NE - We dont have to implore War initiatives just because people have dissenting opinions..

To the middle belt - those that amplified your struggles to be heard, need your voice sometimes..

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 6:47am On Feb 10, 2021
Yoruba Elders should be more concerned about Youruba problems.

igbos are ok enough to solve their own problems

ESN can solve anything.

17 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by Jerryherd: 6:58am On Feb 10, 2021
cool

Daily trust the Northern News Paper interviewing every Tom Dick and Harry parading themselves as Yoruba Elders

If it's not Yoruba Council of Elders or Afenifere Sociocultural group then they are not speaking for Yoruba

Nigeria has over 20 Security Agencies and Department of Government and Ibos head non, because the Commander in Cheif has reservation for Ibos

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by Redoil: 7:01am On Feb 10, 2021
do igbo realy need this sh1t

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by weyreypey: 7:05am On Feb 10, 2021
Esseite:
This might seem ordinary to most minds.. but in politics this is a master stroke, this is hitting you under the belt. This is smart... today I respect the SW in politics.

This is "I appreciate your good gesture towards me, but you are getting it wrong on a wider scale"...

Yoruba have always been selfless

20 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by mamaafrik(m): 7:07am On Feb 10, 2021
imagine the conscience,but they will soon come now and rubbish the good gesture

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 7:26am On Feb 10, 2021
They said no ethnic group or tribe had more stake in the Nigerian project than the others, asking Buhari to right “this wrong” so that every part of the country could have a sense of belonging in Nigeria.

From the horse's mouth " The constituents, for example, gave me 97% [of the vote] cannot in all honesty be treated on some issues with constituencies that gave me 5%.” - Buhari

9 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by SmartPolician: 7:30am On Feb 10, 2021
Iamgrey5:

ESN can solve anything.

Yeye talk

I know that one Nigeria is pseudo-unity, but it is good to continue to pretend to love ourselves until we unanimously split the country.

I really want to commend the Yoruba elders for doing the right thing. Threat to justice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

Nigeria should continuously practice fairness and justice because every region has capable and qualified people.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by Iamgrey5(m): 7:34am On Feb 10, 2021
SmartPolician:

Yeye talk

I know that one Nigeria is pseudo-unity, but it is good to continue to pretend to love ourselves until we unanimously split the country.

I really want to commend the Yoruba elders for doing the right thing. Threat to justice anywhere is a threat to justice anywhere. Nigeria must practice fairness and justice because every region has capable and qualified people.
I honestly feel the Yoruba leaders are Silly.

When have any Igbo leader said anything about the herdsmen crises currently ravaging the South West?

I have even seen several of your brothers lunch several monikers with Northern names just to support the Fulanis and praise them,

So don't play the hypocritical game with me

13 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by SmartPolician: 7:52am On Feb 10, 2021
Iamgrey5:
I honestly feel the Yoruba leaders are Silly.

When have any Igbo leader said anything about the herdsmen crises currently ravaging the South West?

I have even seen several of your brothers lunch several monikers with Northern names just to support the Fulanis and praise them,

So don't play the hypocritical game with me

You should change your mindset. You cannot judge a tribe of millions by the silly activities of some faceless people on Nairaland.

Nairaland is a joke of a site; that's why many companies don't advertise here. The owner has refused to clean up the forum.

As for the farmer/herder crisis in the S.West, don't forget that the S.East has a similar challenge. As a matter of fact, Orlu, a town in Imo State, has become a war zone due to the same issue.

It wouldn't make sense for them to be issuing statements on the matter whereas they haven't been able to solve the same problem ravaging them.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 10, 2021
Iamgrey5:

ESN can solve anything.

They created the problem of not being included in national security appointments?..

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by MuchAdo: 8:28am On Feb 10, 2021
Fahdiga:
Now the true Omoluabis has spoken loud and clear but we know that the nairaland fake Yorubas who doesn't know their left from their right will attack them for speaking the truth to power. this online miscreants shouldn't be taken serious because they don't have a say in the scheme of things in reality. hell fire surely awaits all of them when they eventually die.

Modified: See them fake Yorubas under me speaking through their anus while I'm sitting on top their cone heads Pooing

GEJ overfavoured Igbos didn't he

Slots that were meant for Yorubas were given to Igbos, not no

No wonder, you guys have remained in serious pains since he was booted out in 2015... grin

20 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by MuchAdo: 8:29am On Feb 10, 2021
Isn't Luck Irabor an Igbo man again grin

9 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by Charmingrascal(m): 8:36am On Feb 10, 2021
An Igbo man deserves to be IG of Police but the nepotistic mannequin and his zombies think otherwise.

7 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by DenreleDave(m): 8:38am On Feb 10, 2021
See yorubas fighting for Igbo, u can never see the latter do such for the former...

God bless Us

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by Olarewaju89: 8:38am On Feb 10, 2021
grin

Igbo and Fulani aren't the same na.

The pictures below have said it all

1 Like

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:39am On Feb 10, 2021
Baba is the best thing to happen to us Ndigbos.

Sai Baba, true, Sane, honest and hardworking Igbos Love you to the moon and back.
We thank you for all you have done and still doing for our region.
Shame on Jona

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by Wickedfacts: 8:39am On Feb 10, 2021
Yorubas are speaking up for Igbos but you will never see Igbo Governors fight for their own people. Always struggling on who will be the most loyal slave and sellout.

19 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by sofeo(m): 8:39am On Feb 10, 2021
Ok
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by PrinceOfLagos: 8:39am On Feb 10, 2021
Stylishly begging the Igbos to align with them
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by ForeThinker: 8:40am On Feb 10, 2021
Issorite
Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:40am On Feb 10, 2021
ChelseaArmy:
Buhari till 2023 cool
to all wailers food don come
God bless Nigeria God bless Buhari and God bless the next president of Nigeria the Jagaban
God bless you too and God bless your parents for giving us a King like you.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by gidgiddy: 8:40am On Feb 10, 2021
MuchAdo:
Isn't Luck Irabor an Igbo man again grin

No Igbo man has the Edo surname "Irabor"

2 Likes

Re: Service Chiefs’ Appointment: Consider Igbo Too, Yoruba Elders Tell Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:40am On Feb 10, 2021
Talking about Ambassadorial appointment,
Here is the Ambassador to the Greatest country on earth that Our darling Daddy appointed and the children of hate, frustrations and perdition aren't talking about it.
Hypocrisy is in their blood for life.
Some people will remain stagnant in life forever if they don't stop their lives of hypocrisy.

A position each and every Ambassadorial nominee will die for.....

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno / El-Rufai Sidelined In Selection Of Kaduna Ministerial Nominee - Sahara Reporters / "Corruption Difficult To Fight" - President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.