Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno (17894 Views)

Full List: Tinubu Scraps, Merges Efcc, Icpc, Ncc, Nta, 100 Others / Gorgore Replaces Shuwaram As ISWAP Leader After NAF Kills Former Leader / Two IPOB Kingpins Arrested In Oyigbo - Governor Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by ogododo: 11:39am On Dec 26, 2022
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) says it has neutralised over 100 terrorists including some of their leaders in an airstrike on Dec. 20, in Borno.

This is contained in a statement issued on Sunday in Abuja by the Director Public Relations and Information, NAF Headquarters, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet.

He said that the interdiction mission was conducted by the Air Component of Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) at Mantari village in Gezuwa general area, Bama Local Government Area of Borno.

The director said that among those neutralised were terrorist kingpins Khalid Tukur, Maimusari, and Bakura Jega.

Gabkwet said that the attack followed intelligence report that a Boko Haram terrorist commander, known as Ikirima had moved to Mantari village with his gun trucks, and was joined by terrorists on motorcycles from other locations.

“Subsequently, the authorisation for an air strike was given leading to the elimination of several of the terrorists and structures in the area.

“After the first wave of air strikes, some surviving terrorists found their way back to the same location to evacuate the bodies of those neutralised in the air strike.

“This provided an opportunity for a follow-up strike on the same location which has been confirmed very successful as over 100 terrorists were neutralised with dozens said to be in critical condition.“

Gabkwet said that ISWAP and Boko Haram elements had perfected plans to resume active hostilities in the wake of the Yuletide and forthcoming general elections.

“The timely intelligence received on their plans especially, their attempt to attack soft targets in Bama thus helped in the successful air strikes which has reduced their will to regroup and attack innocent citizens.

“There is no doubt that the progress and gains being made especially, by the air and ground troops has greatly contained an upsurge of terrorists’ campaigns within the North-East zone in recent times.

“Both air and ground troops have however been cautioned on the need to remain focused on the end state,“he said.

Meanwhile, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) and the Chief of Air Staff (CAS) have both commended their efforts and other security agencies under OPHK for the tremendous achievements being recorded in the theatre.

According to them, there has been a lot of improvement in the security situation in the region due to the ongoing operations.

The duo, however, urged the troops to continue to give in their best towards ensuring that the region was completely rid of all terrorists.

They also paid special tribute to those who have paid the supreme sacrifice in the fight against terrorism and insurgency while commending the commitment and uncommon sacrifices of the troops as peace gradually returns to Borno.

While wishing them a merry Christmas, the service Chiefs extended the appreciation of President Muhammadu Buhari and all Nigerians to the troops for their sacrifices and efforts.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that yuletide lunch between the service Chiefs and frontline troops has become a periodic routine aimed at enhancing camaraderie among troops and boosting their morale.(NAN)

https://independent.ng/naf-kills-terror-kingpins-100-others-in-borno/?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by LeoDeKing: 11:44am On Dec 26, 2022
Ipob terrorists will cry blood upon seeing this report.

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by Corrinthians(m): 11:47am On Dec 26, 2022
Sit back and watch what their collaborators from the East will say about this. They'd be visibly angry their brothers have been decimated.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by ogododo: 11:47am On Dec 26, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Ipob terrorists will cry blood upon seeing this report.

Una no de reason again beyond tribalism, how much Tinubu dey pay u shelf.

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by LeoDeKing: 11:48am On Dec 26, 2022
ogododo:

Tinubu dey pay me 2k per month.

Shinedu, help me beg Tinubu to make it 3k.

35 Likes 12 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by ogododo: 11:51am On Dec 26, 2022
LeoDeKing:

See okpolopko man, who be shinedu, Warri piking dey bear de name?

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by LeoDeKing: 11:54am On Dec 26, 2022
ogododo:

Shinedu, be proud of your tribe. Also help me beg Yekini Ogunlere Amoda to increase my monthly allowance from 2k to 3k.

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by Corrinthians(m): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2022
ogododo:

Warri pikin from Enugu. grin

27 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by ogododo: 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Shinedu, be proud of your tribe. Also help me beg Yekini Ogunlere Amoda to increase my monthly allowance from 2k to 3k.
Una dey drink Sapele water.

7 Likes

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by triple996(m): 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2022
U will never see ipob sympathisers here

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by Nonexisting1: 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2022
Corrinthians:
Sit back and watch what their collaborators from the East will say about this. They'd be visibly angry their brothers have been decimated.
Yes, former Governor Shettima and now APC vice presidential candidate who housed and ate with biko haram members is my senior brother and we are from Ebonyi state.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by Honestfrend: 12:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
Too many shit... Too many lies..

1 Like

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by Realists(m): 12:20pm On Dec 26, 2022
Nigerian Air force needs to deploy more Drones into the forbidden forests aka Evil doers den for quick results.
Kudos to them for it's a fact that the days of Boko Haram boys, Ipobian Terrorists and Bandits are numbered.

God bless Nigeria
Good bless Africa

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by baretalk: 12:20pm On Dec 26, 2022
God bless Nigerian army, 200million Nigerians are behind you, with God help and speed, we will overcome our enemies.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by Pells1: 12:20pm On Dec 26, 2022
All Muslim are terrorist undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by kollinz1234(m): 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2022
I don't need to ask for pictures but my prayer, wishes and hope is that this news be true. Terrorists needs to be dealt with intensely so that in their next life, they will choose peace over conflict.

#Justice4SouthernKaduna

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by Senioreddy: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2022
ICANtutor:
What I see hear is propaganda. Are you sure those killed were not civilians?
Media will only make you see what they want you to see.

Meanwhile, contact us for private and corporate ICAN and ACCA lectures in Lagos.

Learning Curve Consult....the real deal

How much is your fee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by ClassicMan202(m): 12:24pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gumi won't like this.....

3 Likes

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by Wickedfacts: 12:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
ogododo:

Same amount as your mother's bride price

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by frankputer: 12:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
good
Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by IrepChrist: 12:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
My dear friends, compliments of the season to everyone. Election is in 60 days, we must remain focused. Nigeria needs a vibrant and sound President.

Peter Obi may not look perfect and he is not but he still has a better prospect of being a president.

Jesus loves you.

3 Likes

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by Mrfixitt(m): 12:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
Corrinthians:
This cheap propaganda is stale

3 Likes

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by kingamaa(m): 12:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
All this audio killings without corresponding visuals tire person.

Na so so kill for news, physically no difference

Who dey deceive who. Is ok o

3 Likes

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by tikima: 12:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
Bring all your undergraduate and post graduate (projects, essays and research papers) to me and worry no more. Major Area is mathematics, but irrespective of the genre, I undergo painstaking research to ensure that you get the best grades in your projects.

Send me a message today: godwinpeter70@gmail.com
Or
WhatsApp message:

NB: All works are properly referenced and plagiarism-free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by CheapHomes1: 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
LeoDeKing:

when did Richard Kingson become igbo?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by Finesse247: 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
dsd
Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by skidomiller(m): 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
kudos guys
Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by lexoft(m): 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
the terrorist no dey finish since

1 Like

Re: NAF Kills Terror Kingpins, 100 Others In Borno by Ibraheem02: 12:29pm On Dec 26, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Chinedu no get tinubu number , they don't have anything to do with Nigerians , it's Biafra or death

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Civilians Among Dead In Nigeria's Boko-Haram Offensive - Aljazeera / My Watch: I Expect Atiku To Sue OBJ For Libel But He Went Begging Him – Ogala / Gunmen Stole Kogi Gov’ship Election Petitions From Tribunal Secretary – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.