Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,578 members, 7,837,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Ministerial List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List (1771 Views)

Let’s Treat Buhari’s Ministerial List With Urgency, Saraki Tells Senators / Ministerial List: See List Of Speculated Nominees / Ministerial List: Buhari, Obasanjo Hold Crucial Meeting At UN Plaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial List by DisGuy: 1:02am On Jul 05, 2007
President Umaru Yar’Adua has submitted the names of 35 prominent Nigerians to the Senate for screening as ministers in line with constitutional provisions.

He sent the names on Wednesday through his Special Adviser on National Assembly Matters, Senator Florence Ita-Giwa.

Ita-Giwa, who presented a sealed envelope containing the names to the President of the Senate, Senator David Mark, said a nominee from one state was not included because of a deadlock.

Although she did not mention the affected state, our correspondent gathered that the state is Benue.

Ita-Giwa added that a special ministerial nominee was appointed from each of the six geo-political zones of the country.

The Presidential Adviser said provisions were also made to accommodate the outcome of talks with the opposition parties.

She said, “Talks are on-going with the opposition parties but allowances have been made to accommodate the outcome of these talks.”

Ita-Giwa said that rigorous investigations were carried out on the nominees to ensure that their screening did not run into a hitch.

She said, “I also want to say that this is the authentic list and we have prepared the credentials of all the nominees.”

Some of the prominent names on the list are: t[b]he National Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Ojo Maduekwe[/b]; a former Minister of Commerce, Alhaji Aliyu Modibbo; a Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman; a former Military Administrator of Edo State, Godwin Abbe; and a former Minister of State for Health, Hajiya Halimat Tayo Alao.

Others are a former National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, Prince Dayo Adeyeye; the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Mr. John Odey; Senator Olasunkanmi Akinlabi; and Senator Sanusi Daggash.

The list also includes a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Kayode Adetokunbo; the former Director of Budget, Mr. Bode Augusto; Mr. John Emeka; Ahmed Malamadori; Alhaji Garba Ahmed Bichi; Mr. Adiukwu Gabriel; Mr. AbdulRahman Gimba; and Abdul Hong.

The list was forwarded in line with Section 147(1-6) of the 1999 Consttitution.

The section reads, “There shall be such offices of Ministers of the Government of the Federation as may be established by the President.

Our correspondent gathered that the security reports on the nominees would be made available to all senators on Thursday (today).

A source said, “The reports are ready and they will be given to the senators to study before screening begins.”

In his remark, Mark assured the nation that the Senate would do a thorough job during the screening.

He said, ”We will conduct a transparent and open screening exercise.”

Mark, who described the list as ‘long awaited,’ said, “We will do justice in the confirmation exercise and we shall be thorough because the nation has been waiting for this list.”

He expressed Senate‘s preparedness to begin the screening process provided the Executive gave details on each of the nominees before the close of work on Monday.

Mark said the ‘speed’ of the current administration was aimed at ensuring that things were done right rather than hastily.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200707053184623
Re: Ministerial List by denex: 4:58am On Jul 05, 2007
What kind of dirty list is that? Being a former chieftain of PDP, what qualification or useful experience does it bestow on you to make you prepared for the job of a minister?

Then why all these former these and former that. I hope punch newspaper is just guessing because this list is annoying me.

There's also the state by state selection. That is utterly stupid. So if one state has two geniuses and another has none, because we want to form a government of national unity, we will drop Pat Utomi from the list and select Adedibu. That is sheer madness!
Re: Ministerial List by initiator(m): 6:07am On Jul 05, 2007
This list aint inspiring @ all with the likes of ojo madueke who in obj's 1st obsolate tenure advocated Nig's return to bicycles.
Re: Ministerial List by sartorius(m): 6:47am On Jul 05, 2007
i didnt expect an inspiring list, ojo madueke as foreign affaris minister is still much better than him being the chairman of the party. i hope koro doesnt make the list, 35 names plus 3 from anpp, 2 from ac and 1 from ppa.41 ministers, when are we going to change all these bureacracy.
All in all, its still early as we dont have the full authentic list to ponder on.
Re: Ministerial List by sartorius(m): 7:03am On Jul 05, 2007
Others listed include former Akwa Ibom and Rivers Military Governor, Godwin Abbe (Edo), who was also Commanding Officer, TRADOC; Debt Management Office Director General, Bode Augusto (Lagos); Senator Akin Olasunkanmi (Osun); Gabriel Aduku (Kogi); Aderemi Babalola (Oyo), Afenifere chieftain, Dayo Adeyeye (Ekiti); former Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) President, Pascal Bafyau (Adamawa) and Senator Sanusi Daggash (Borno).

It was gathered that Abbe has already been tipped as Defense Minister while Agusto is likely going to head the Finance Ministry.

Gubernatorial candidates Ahmed Garba Bichi (Kano), Mohammed Maina Waziri (Yobe); former Ministers Aliyu Modibbo and Halima Alao, as well as Ahmed Malam Adori. Other PDP governorship candidates made the list.

Alhaji Abba Ruma (Katsina), Alhaji Ahmed Mallam Madori (Jigawa) and John Odey (Cross River).Sarafadeen Ishola (Ogun]
Re: Ministerial List by desgiezd(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2007
What a list!! With this kind of people, though with the exception of a few, Yar Adua's government would be like OBJ's first term. What ministry will Ojo Maduekwe run successfully? I remember, as minister of transport, he once advocated that nigerians should return to bicycles rather than buy cars. This time around, if he is given the same ministry, he might just go to the National Assembly and encourage them to enact a law to enforce the bicycle thing. Alternatively, if he is made minister of finance, he would encourage us to go back to using Cowries as our national currency and also to engage in Trade by Barter. As Defense Minister, he would ask our soldiers to revert to bows & arrows. What a shame!!
Re: Ministerial List by denex: 9:17am On Jul 05, 2007
Ojo Madueke? Is this not the man that said nobody else could rule this country except Abacha? Not even Obasanjo?

Then he said nobody could rule Nigeria except Obasanjo? Not even Yar'Adua.

Now he has come again. What does he want? To claim that Yar'Adua should rule this country for life?

Nigerians, you are still looking at me. Will you go to google and search out the names, phone numbers and email addresses of your senators and representatives and start to petition them against that man.

Somebody is complaining about Koro when Ojo is on the list. It's like complaining about mosquitoes when a cobra has entered your bedroom.
Re: Ministerial List by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 05, 2007
Ojo Maduekwe and Bode Goerge , Why. Must Ojo be part of every Government? He once said he will not live in a Nigeria without Abatcha as head of state, yet he wants to serve in another Government.
Adams Oshomole should not sell his mandate, as much as i welcome the idea of a unity Government, Edo state needs good leadership and he clearly won the election.
Re: Ministerial List by needeeg(m): 10:33am On Jul 05, 2007
You guys should not forgot Ojo is in PDP, and pdp rulling, so dont be surprise seeing him anywere!
Re: Ministerial List by BUSHFELLOW(m): 10:56am On Jul 05, 2007
@ needeeg

You guys should not forgot Ojo is in PDP, and pdp rulling, so don't be surprise seeing him anywhere!

no be lie you talk jare Imagine the list that is coming out. I guess now every one will see why Obasanjo wanted Yar adua as president so i can hand pick for him. Now tell me if it was duke or odili that succeeded in being this nations president this kind of list wont suffice because those people has deep pocket they will run the show of Obasanjo.

I pity Yar' Adua make una they pray because those clamoring for Ibb who is not in power for long to be arrested should should now seat back and start praying because if that list pulls through expect nothing good. the benin ore road that is already a nightmare will remain like that, power sector that he decleared what upon will be going down more from 4000 mega watt to 1000 mega watt. we are finish if that is the real list that they sent to the senate.
Re: Ministerial List by Beline(f): 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2007
Let's not heat our heads on the wall because of the list until the final list is out, though the country is in few people hands but I'm certain that this time around people will protest against any unwanted minister
Re: Ministerial List by AkinB: 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2007
I wonder why we cant have technocracts rather than politicians as ministers.
Re: Ministerial List by globalaid(m): 1:16pm On Jul 05, 2007
Anybody that is looking for a drastic change from yaradua is just living in a fool paradise. Until we take care of all this good for nothing Obj, ibb, adedibu, ahmadu ali and the rest nigeria will never move an inch, we now have armed robber in politics now, nobody is ready to serve but to loot the treasury, i wonder what yaradua can do in the midst of all those people and we should not also forget that the election that brought in yaradua is fraudulent, they can equally be using it against him so as to hold him hostage.
Re: Ministerial List by BUSHFELLOW(m): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2007
we should not also forget that the election that brought in yaradua is fraudulent, they can equally be using it against him so as to hold him hostage.

this might be true in all sense. if he tries to speak they will remind him that he didn't win the election. who knows may be that is why he is fighting for unity government and also credibility
Re: Ministerial List by ph4life(m): 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2007
we are backwards, same recycled people; solution - start eliminating these so -called ruling elite; i thought we had the highest # of educated blacks on earth? we all need to act collectively or else these idiot politicians will keep taking us for a ride; we suffer constantly trying to make it while their kids are constantly joy riding on our foreign treasure as if they own our country; kill them all 1 by 1.
Re: Ministerial List by BUSHFELLOW(m): 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2007
where do we meet so we can start immediately with the bombing of ota and also sending out a flier reading leave yar adua alone to make is decision or else your life is next in line. you know well you forget say perter odili follow for people when leave him state with debt abi. i think we should start with your mentor Odili

METAL NO DEY BREAK
Re: Ministerial List by DisGuy: 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2007
denex:

Ojo Madueke? Is this not the man that said nobody else could rule this country except Abacha? Not even Obasanjo?

Then he said nobody could rule Nigeria except Obasanjo? Not even Yar'Adua.

Now he has come again. What does he want? To claim that Yar'Adua should rule this country for life?

Nigerians, you are still looking at me. Will you go to google and search out the names, phone numbers and email addresses of your senators and representatives and start to petition them against that man.

Somebody is complaining about Koro when Ojo is on the list. It's like complaining about mosquitoes when a cobra has entered your bedroom.

google undecided I wonder if people actually know the names of their LG chairman or representatives in the first place talk less of their contact details. And considering the fact that majorty of them are with the PDP it will be paddy paddy, order from above wink
Re: Ministerial List by sartorius(m): 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2007
Beline:

Let's not heat our heads on the wall because of the list until the final list is out, though the country is in few people hands but I'm certain that this time around people will protest against any unwanted minister

the final list has been read on the senate floor, its not any more inspiring. ojo madueke wife is representing bayelsa. grin sic
Re: Ministerial List by buluti(m): 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2007
Just when we thought we had a leader of sober disposition and deep thinking we receive such a list. Why am i not surprised, no matter the good intentions of the president if he has one, there can be no development.

While other nations form their cabinent immediately, knowing even before hand. It has taken my dear country more than a month to come up with nonsense. Apart from Bode Agusto and maybe one or two people what good can come from that list.

What else to expect another 4 years of waste and leadership without vision and direction.
Re: Ministerial List by sartorius(m): 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2007
lets hope they wouldnt all be there in 4 years time wink. he also has to satisfy the politicians, i cant wait to hear the nominees from other political parties. i wouldnt be suprised if uzor kalu nominates himself
Re: Ministerial List by BUSHFELLOW(m): 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2007
forget the administration let move on with our lives nothing good will come out finito
Re: Ministerial List by Beline(f): 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2007
BUSHFELLOW:

forget the administration let move on with our lives nothing good will come out finito

oui, je suis d'accord
Re: Ministerial List by babasin(m): 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2007
You naijas are very funny!!

what do you expect from 'rigged' election

garbage in, garbage out; it is as simple as that!

cool grin cool
Re: Ministerial List by globalaid(m): 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2007
I know it is God that is punishing our dear nation. Our own generation has been wasted, what i am just praying for is that our children generation also should not end up like our own. what a mess, what did we do to these people that we are been treated like this, living like a slave in our own country, nobody to make a difference, we are going to end up four years of hunger, disease, bad leadership, insecurity and treasury looting, i have been advocating that we take law unto our hand, it is time we have to set ourselves free from all this oppresor otherwise our children will not have a future.
Re: Ministerial List by funloving(m): 5:07pm On Jul 05, 2007
You guys should cool down. Can't you understand what is happening ?
Yar' Adua is a smart fellow.

This is the game: To settle down properly Yar Adua will go along with PDP's list, actually, OBJ's list.
After a few months or maybe a year, when he is fully in country of the country and would have caged OBJ and paralise his accolytes, Yar Adua will simply carry out a cabinent re-shuffle and bring in his won men.
This is my prediction

Lets just watch and see it come to pass

This present list is just showmanship to make some people happy for a while, get them to relax, then disarm them.
Re: Ministerial List by laudate: 5:13pm On Jul 05, 2007
Na which kind yeye list be dis one? angry If dem no put my favourite former minister for dat list, I go vex o! Where is Chukwuemeka Chikelu's name, ehn?? Na who draw up dis list, sef?
Re: Ministerial List by lewa(m): 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2007
Na which kind yeye list be this one? If them no put my favourite former minister for that list, I go vex o! Where is Chukwuemeka Chikelu's name, ehn?? Na who draw up this list, sef?

Fine boy Chikelu!Wey the guy sef?Charismatic pro~knew his stuff~foreign minister type
Re: Ministerial List by abiodunade(m): 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2007
funloving:

You guys should cool down. Can't you understand what is happening ?
Yar' Adua is a smart fellow.

This is the game: To settle down properly Yar Adua will go along with PDP's list, actually, OBJ's list.
After a few months or maybe a year, when he is fully in country of the country and would have caged OBJ and paralise his accolytes, Yar Adua will simply carry out a cabinent re-shuffle and bring in his won men.
This is my prediction

Lets just watch and see it come to pass

This present list is just showmanship to make some people happy for a while, get them to relax, then disarm them.
I toatlly agreed wit u dat there is need 4 Yar' Adua to play along wit PDP's list,sorry i mean OBJ's list dat has been imposed on him. I jst hope MR. PRESIDENT will know how to control all these Obj's boys dat ve worked 4 him n d past witout any result. Hope d Government will nt embark on down sidzin of workers.

(1) (Reply)

Lawmaker Fights On The Street Sorry Car Park / A Nigerian Shot In London Because Of Obama / Has Yar Adua Performed Any Of His 7 Points Agenda?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.