Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Exclusive: Femi Olawole Speaks To Blackwash On His New Book, The Tower Of Mammon - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Exclusive: Femi Olawole Speaks To Blackwash On His New Book, The Tower Of Mammon (234 Views)

Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video) / Face Of Blackwash Blog / Lawyer Who Posed With Buhari's Daughter In Hijab During Bar Programe Speaks.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: Femi Olawole Speaks To Blackwash On His New Book, The Tower Of Mammon by itzblessed: 7:57am On Feb 10, 2021
Femi Olawole is an accountant, writer, journalist, author and poet. He is a Nigerian based in the USA. His first book, A TOWER OF MAMMON an account of his experience in NAL Merchant Bank, the first merchant bank in Nigeria, was published in January 2021, same month he started writing it.

He shares his thoughts with Oludare Sorunke, Managing Editor, BLACKWASH.

Can we meet you?

My name is Femi Olawole. I have been a lot of things at different times; an accountant, freelance journalist, poet and an author. I once contributed a weekly column to The News Journal (Delaware’s top-most newspaper) as a member of the newspaper’s Community Advisory Board. I have also contributed to journals, anthologies and the online/print media across the world. In 1993, I received The Nigerian Media Merit Award in the Business Reporting category for my work, Sailing on Dark Waters, a special report on the travails of Nigerian entrepreneurs in their search for seed capital. I’m in Delaware, United States.
When did you decide to write about your experiences in NAL MERCHANT BANK?

The decision to write The Tower of Mammon was my New Year resolution on the 1 January, 2021.

How long did it take you to write the book?

I wrote the first draft of The Tower of Mammon in one week. It was quite easy for me to accomplish this feat because the materials were all fresh in my head.

How did you get your book published?

It was in collaboration with Amazon.

THE TOWER OF MAMMON is a first-person narrative. Can you say that the accounts were objective?

It was actually in my bid to be objective that I chose to write The Tower of Mammon via a first-person narrative.

Please tell us about your career in NAL Merchant Bank. When did you join the bank and when did you leave?

My career in NAL was simultaneously challenging and interesting. I have the bank, which I joined in 1978 and left in 1995, to thank for my higher education and professional grooming.

Read more
���
https://blackwash.blog/exclusive-femi-olawole-speaks-to-blackwash-on-his-new-book-the-tower-of-mammon/

(1) (Reply)

4 Mistakes People Make When Going To Job Interviews / To Hold On Or Resign / Low Key, High Income Digital Business Models That Are Raking In 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.