Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,459 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One (441 Views)

Buhari: We Remain Nigerians And Nigeria Will Remain One / 2023: Why We Must Remain Obidient To The End - Smart Omo-Idemudia / Fayose Planning To Set Me Up, Says Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by Irukkanews: 4:09pm On Feb 10, 2021
Vice President of Nigeria, Yemi Osinbajo, on Tuesday said Nigeria must remain a united country because “we are stronger together than apart.”

He said the cries of justice, fairness and equity by communities must be attended to within the same union.

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, the Vice President spoke in his hometown, Ikenne, Ogun State, where he validated his membership of the ruling All Progressives Congress.

The statement was titled “We must and we will attend to cries of communities for justice -Osinbajo.”

Osinbajo spoke at a time there are increasing agitations from ethnic groups for the break-up of the country. But the Vice President said Nigerians must resist such attempts to destroy the country’s unity.

“We must resist any attempt to destroy the unity of this country. Our people have lived and worked together for decades, even centuries.

“While we must attend to the cries of communities, and the cries of our people for justice, equity and fairness, we can do so within this same union. Ultimately we are stronger together than apart,” the statement quoted Osinbajo as saying.

On the security challenges being witnessed across the country, Osinbajo said the present regime was placing emphasis on technology for surveillance and intelligence gathering.

He expressed the hope that the recent appointment of new service chiefs will lead to fresh strategies to tackle insurgency in the North East as well as banditry and kidnapping in other parts of the country.

Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun; Niger State Governor, Sani Beĺlo; Senator Lawan Shuaibu and a former Governor of Ogun State, Olusegun Osoba, among others attended the event.

Source: https://irukkanews.com/osibanjo-rules-out-break-up-says-nigeria-must-remain-one/

Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by PrinceDz: 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2021
Then we consider all inclusive government
Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by TUANKU(m): 4:12pm On Feb 10, 2021
Tell the ceremonial vice president... Nigeria's breakup is not for him to decide. He and his boss have contributed to the agitation for the breakup of the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by xynerise: 4:14pm On Feb 10, 2021
You are talking your own your oga is doing another thing

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by NairaShops: 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2021
we are stronger together than apart

When we are chatting ourselves
Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2021
I don't understand why people want Nigeria to remain one when it's obvious we would grow better as league of 6 nations or more
Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by nabiz(m): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
I just like like Osinbajo as a person but I don't like some of his view. At first he spoke against restructuring, now he is talking about one Nigeria. In fact I hate the word he used "MUST". I personally love a United just Nigeria, but I don't think it is possible. Nigeria can never be one. Many people have lost love once because of United Nigeria. I think it is too late to unite this country. Let us go our separate way . We can still be good neibour, friend, and even in law. We can even be a law abiding foreigner.

I have noticed that most of the people preaching one Nigeria are the people that are benefiting from Nigeria. I love every Nigeria as a person but hate Nigeria as a country. I am even ashamed to be called a Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by TheRareGem1(f): 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
We have come a long way to break up now...this will cause more harm than good. Nigeria will prevail.

VP is one of the few leaders who always advocate for one Nigeria and how to live in unity
Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by OgundeleTeju: 7:10pm On Feb 10, 2021
We can’t even afford to break,United we stand�
Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by okefranci: 7:36pm On Feb 10, 2021
When a country is in unity ,it really helps in achieving so many things
Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by IamFINESSE: 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2021
angry
Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by butterfly777(m): 8:40pm On Feb 10, 2021
Sir, I usually support you, but you are wrong on this one.

Nigeria expired as a legitimate amalgamation in 2014. The people did not vote to stay together, therefore, this forced coexistence is illegal.

#break up Nigeria today.

God bless Biafra Republic.

God bless Oodua Republic.

God bless Niger Delta People's Republic.

God bless Arewa Republic.

God bless Nigeria Republic (Present middle belt)

5 nations to be carved out of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by helinues: 8:40pm On Feb 10, 2021
That's non-negotiable
Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by Simeon88(m): 9:18pm On Feb 10, 2021
Then we will remain like this, one step forward and three step backwards. Except you're deceiving yourself or you're benefiting from the current system, I know you Know Nigeria is going nowhere. It's well sha

1 Like

Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by Lanretoye(m): 9:24pm On Feb 10, 2021
chai,evil people...una hear say petrol na 190 now.
Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by Marli6: 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2021
TheRareGem1:
We have come a long way to break up now...this will cause more harm than good. Nigeria will prevail.

VP is one of the few leaders who always advocate for one Nigeria and how to live in unity
Let's break abeg..
Re: Osibanjo Rules Out Break-up, Says Nigeria Must Remain One by valenu(m): 9:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
But why are northerners begging for unity. I understand Osinbajo's own cos he is in government. But why people begging for unity, especially fulanis?

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Help You With Immigrating To The UK? / The Nigerian-state Is Dragging Down Nigerians" - Oby Ezekwesili / Buhal Triple Wow For Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.