Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments (123921 Views)

NLNG Announces 45 Vacancies For Experienced Hire positions / Access Bank Experienced Hire Recruitments / NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Fly021: 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2021
Last interview is not so complicated. But a lot of brainstorming and technicality is needed.

2 Likes

Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by ECHICHE: 3:40am On Apr 17, 2021
It is belated already.

Closing date is 15th February, 2021 as written on the advert.

1 Like

Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Cherrybae(f): 3:40am On Apr 17, 2021
Got email for the final interview. Lord let your will be done. See me through Lord. You are the Alpha and omega. The beginning and the End.

I shall sing a new song and testify to your glory.

10 Likes

Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Zetty177x: 4:04am On Apr 17, 2021
Is shell still in our obodo Naija?

1 Like

Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Traviscottt: 4:11am On Apr 17, 2021
I applied for the pensions professional, application status still shows 'application received'....Any hope/chance for me?? cry cry
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by geradose: 4:44am On Apr 17, 2021
Fly021:
Last interview is not so complicated. But a lot of brainstorming and technicality is needed.

What do you mean by technicality?
How's the interview like?
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Nobody: 5:04am On Apr 17, 2021
Augustas:
Have they called anyone for the role of a production scheduler. Can't they drop a message if your phone is switched off.

Nonsense
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Nobody: 5:21am On Apr 17, 2021
llade:
Mine is still showing application received. I applied as Finance Advisor. With no call yet I wonder if there is still hope.

Rejected sorry
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Nobody: 5:26am On Apr 17, 2021
livinuschukwug:
No person from NairaLand has confirmed that he received mail, except hearsay

You all are jinxing yourselves keep talking

Don't learn to shut up about stuff

The three people I know got called none posted anything here nor do they come to this website.

Smh

1 Like

Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 17, 2021
Positivity:
You surely know how to display your own sense.

Your tension and expectations are now the yardstick for your being invited to interview, right?

For whatever it's worth, I am already with SPDC, albeit, I'm still looking to better my lot anywhere I deem fit.

Quit barking up the wrong tree, we nor be mate.

See you on the flip side.

Liar
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 17, 2021
[s]
Excalibur2nd:

4 TIPS TO EXCEL IN A SHELL FACE-TO-FACE INTERVIEW

So, you got the call and an invite to your first interview at Shell. Now what? Prepare for this crucial step by checking out these helpful tips from Shell’s experts.

1. Understand the STAR method

During your interview, you’ll be evaluated using the STAR method. STAR stands for - Situation, Task, Action, and Result. It’s a behavioural interview technique that focuses on discussing a candidate’s concrete experiences:

Situation - describe the situation you were in.Task - what were the goals you set out to accomplish?Action - what actions did you take to accomplish them?Results - what were the measurable results of your actions?

Preparing a mental list of life and career situations that you can share and the relevant details will enable you to deliver stronger responses.

2. Know why you think you’re a good fit

Give some thought as to why you think you’re a good fit for the role. Try to gauge if your skillset and competencies align with those required by the job.

“Look at your competencies and how they will match with the job,” Andro Kahn, a Recruitment Manager, adds “Be clear as to why you are the best person for the job, and how you can add value. It really matters if you know the role, the company, why you want to apply for the role and how it will help you.”

Ultimately, this simple self-evaluation practice can help you more effectively communicate what you can bring to the role.

Give some thought as to why you think you’re a good fit for the role.

3. Answer the questions

Try not to lose sight of what the interviewer’s question was when you answer. Practising in advance with a friend can help.

Before you skip this item because it seems way too obvious, just remember that when you’re in the moment, it’s easy to lose sight of what the interviewer asked and start rambling. It’s okay to give yourself a few seconds to think instead of immediately talking about the first thing that comes into your head. Don’t be afraid to say you need a moment or ask your interviewer to repeat the question.

Practise doing this with a trusted friend or colleague in advance. By letting them ask you questions you might not expect, it can help you assess your ability to respond quickly. The more you practise the easier it will be for your brain to be prepared by surprise questions when it comes across this situation again.

4. Prepare concrete examples you can share for competency-based questions

Don’t expect too many questions about your technical knowledge. Instead, prepare relevant and meaningful examples from past experiences going into the interview. This applies to all applicants at Shell, from students and graduates to those more experienced applicants.

Make a mental list of concrete examples you can share about your achievements.

Toib Olomowewe, a Graduate Recruiter at Shell explains:

"We mostly ask competency questions as opposed to technical questions. Let's say they've applied for a Finance role. We won't ask them about different accounting methodologies, or different elements of accounting.

What we would ask them is – when have they interacted with difficult stakeholders? Or, what do they think their greatest achievement was, and how they achieved it? Or how they've gone about building relationships.

These questions focus on the key core competencies that a company looks for, rather than a particular aptitude for a technical area that they may have applied for.”

With a little bit of insight and practise, putting these tips to work during your next interview could have you one step closer to securing that job offer.

Scheduled for an online interview? Learn additional tips specifically for online video interviews.

[/s]

Trash

This isn't what SNBO uses

So many liars on the thread spreading garbage for likes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Nobody: 5:37am On Apr 17, 2021
[s]
venabili:

Shell final interview is split into two stages of one hour each

a. Professional interview: This is video based and you will have two seasoned Finance professional (if you applied for Finance) interviewing you. If you are in the final stage, your strategy in the 1 hour interview (second stage) should be reapplied here. after all it got you into the final stage. As i mentioned earlier, Shell is more interested in practical examples of what you have done with your skills rather than listing the practical skills you have.

You will likely be asked to introduce yourself, use the 3-5minutes to tell them what you have been doing in your current role, especially those that relates to the role you applied for. state key projects/tasks you have been involved in, your contributions, challenges faced, how they were resolved (especially if you used innovative solutions) and the result. do mention the impact on the bottom line of your organization, if any.

Answer your questions calmly and smile a lot. It is video based, so be well dressed (suit not required) and have an uncluttered background.
Always limit your answers to 2-3mins. there is a likelihood of you rambling on after this or saying irrelevant things. There is a tendency for interviewers to stare at you after you have answered a questions. This often make you want to say something else. Do resist the urge to. if the pause last beyond 5seconds, ask them if there is any specific area they want you to expound on. They will likely move on to their next question. Additionally, dont lose focus if it seems they are not listening to you. They will likely be writing a lot (except they are recording the session). Say your bit and stop talking.

2. Structured interview. This is the real interview in this stage. It is to assess whether you are Shell fit. The interviewers are assessing whether you are the kind of person they will like to work with. Your answers must be structured towards this. Do realize that even though they might be informal and relaxed, they are constantly assessing you. You are allowed to tell little jokes. They will look into how you react to criticism, gender/religious/cultural bias, respect for others among others. clear examples of how you reacted and resolve past cases of criticism will be ideal. displaying that you are someone who likes to get the job first time right and learn from situations will be ideal (especially with examples). Showing that you are highly ethical will be a plus. Ethics and compliance is a big thing for the company and showing how you have been in ethical conflicts and how they were resolved would be great.

Good luck to y'all. Hope i dont get banned again.
[/s]

You should be banned for garbage
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Bakstev: 7:55am On Apr 17, 2021
I also applied for the finance and pension role, I had my I hr interview around march 26th and i noticed my appplicaion status changed to invited for interview last week Friday, should i still be expectant . I am just worried
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Subsea101: 8:42am On Apr 17, 2021
E be like say this mod that pushed this topic to FP dey smoke oshogbo weed, a job that its application ended two months ago is just being pushed to FP this morning.

Make we clap for you? Abi make we congratulate Shell for employing people??

Anyway success to those that are still in the race, it'll all end in praise for you.

2 Likes

Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by kingbee90: 8:44am On Apr 17, 2021
Good luck to all applicants. Shell Money sometimes dey shock people like blood money.
E too long.
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Reignadore1: 9:39am On Apr 17, 2021
venabili:

Please kindly share your email address so i can chat you up. thank you
a
Shell final interview is split into two stages of one hour each

a. Professional interview: This is video based and you will have two seasoned Finance professional (if you applied for Finance) interviewing you. If you are in the final stage, your strategy in the 1 hour interview (second stage) should be reapplied here. after all it got you into the final stage. As i mentioned earlier, Shell is more interested in practical examples of what you have done with your skills rather than listing the practical skills you have.

You will likely be asked to introduce yourself, use the 3-5minutes to tell them what you have been doing in your current role, especially those that relates to the role you applied for. state key projects/tasks you have been involved in, your contributions, challenges faced, how they were resolved (especially if you used innovative solutions) and the result. do mention the impact on the bottom line of your organization, if any.

Answer your questions calmly and smile a lot. It is video based, so be well dressed (suit not required) and have an uncluttered background.
Always limit your answers to 2-3mins. there is a likelihood of you rambling on after this or saying irrelevant things. There is a tendency for interviewers to stare at you after you have answered a questions. This often make you want to say something else. Do resist the urge to. if the pause last beyond 5seconds, ask them if there is any specific area they want you to expound on. They will likely move on to their next question. Additionally, dont lose focus if it seems they are not listening to you. They will likely be writing a lot (except they are recording the session). Say your bit and stop talking.

2. Structured interview. This is the real interview in this stage. It is to assess whether you are Shell fit. The interviewers are assessing whether you are the kind of person they will like to work with. Your answers must be structured towards this. Do realize that even though they might be informal and relaxed, they are constantly assessing you. You are allowed to tell little jokes. They will look into how you react to criticism, gender/religious/cultural bias, respect for others among others. clear examples of how you reacted and resolve past cases of criticism will be ideal. displaying that you are someone who likes to get the job first time right and learn from situations will be ideal (especially with examples). Showing that you are highly ethical will be a plus. Ethics and compliance is a big thing for the company and showing how you have been in ethical conflicts and how they were resolved would be great.

Good luck to y'all. Hope i dont get banned again.
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by abokoku(f): 10:03am On Apr 17, 2021
[sub][/sub] Which of you by worrying can add a single cubit to his life. Others with "Invited to Interview received another mail for Video Interview. Yours won't be an exception, it will come.
Bakstev:
I also applied for the finance and pension role, I had my I hr interview around march 26th and i noticed my appplicaion status changed to invited for interview last week Friday, should i still be expectant . I am just worried

1 Like

Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by veron007: 10:43am On Apr 17, 2021
Na today you dey bring this kind of useful information to FP. If na yeye news una go quick bring am come FP. Useless moderators.

1 Like

Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Iszybosco: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2021
Someone who did his interview yesterday asked when they plan to engage people. The panelist said August. This is for the Claims Cargo Analyst Position. Apparently they have a lot of interviews to do. So everyone should calm down. It will reach your turn. Just be prepared and pray for favor.
veron007:
Na today you dey bring this kind of useful information to FP. If na yeye news una go quick bring am come FP. Useless moderators.

1 Like

Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by JakesAy: 11:45am On Apr 17, 2021

4 Likes

Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
JakesAy:
Did final interview on Tuesday... Financial Advisor.. Giving God the glory already... I believe God..

When is resumption?
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by venabili: 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
Saltybear:
[s][/s]

Trash

The kind of demented and deranged animals on Nairaland these days. Absolute idiotic and tormented without anything positive to contribute.
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by mrlien: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2021
venabili:

The kind of demented and deranged animals on Nairaland these days. Absolute idiotic and tormented without anything positive to contribute.

Hello. Please I sent an email. Thanks
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by EugeneLeeJnr(m): 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2021
I pray you experience his favour.
You will be selected
You will not be denied
Your time has come
Congratulations
JakesAy:
Did final interview on Tuesday... Financial Advisor.. Giving God the glory already... I believe God..

1 Like

Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Flukejeff(m): 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
Fly021:

Can you kindly throw more light into what you mean by 'technicality' please?
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Flukejeff(m): 1:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
Saltybear:

You should take your medication. You are having a relapse into your depression and suicidal state of mind grin

Anyone who got the invite is very aware that the tips given by the earlier contributors is spot on, but you........you refuted without any offer or suggestion, will any in the know truly take you serious?-----just wondering though undecided undecided undecided
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
Flukejeff:

Anyone who got the invite is very aware that the tips given by the earlier contributors is spot on, but you........you refused without any offer or suggestion, will any in the know truly take you serious?-----just wondering though undecided undecided undecided

Well you sure do talk alot.

What's your name on your application let me pray for you to enter undecided

Or your email
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by Flukejeff(m): 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2021
Saltybear:

Well you sure do talk alot.

What's your name on your application let me pray for you to enter undecided

Or your email

Another assumption without concrete evidence, but thanks for offering to help/pray on my behalf.
Just redirect/re-channel to appropriate quarter.
Have a great day fellow......
Re: 2021 Shell Experienced Hire Recruitments by abokoku(f): 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
[sub][/sub]Pls tell us what they use for learning purposes
Saltybear:
[s][/s]

Trash

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (30) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Service 2023 Recruitment / G-invest Exam / Job Openings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.