Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF (18930 Views)

Supreme Court Ruling: Secondus Says Only God Can Bail Out Nigeria / Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There / Another Economic Recession May Be Imminent, Says FSDH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 11, 2021
obailala:
If the refinery is completed and starts production, it will massively improve Nigeria's economy.

This Nigeria or another one?
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Tvoice: 7:50am On Feb 11, 2021
The same right given to him to build and own a refinery should be given to others who has d funds to build and see if the economy of this country will not go beyond flourish, na who una dey deceive?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Proton99: 7:51am On Feb 11, 2021
Omihanifa:
Nigeria should stop relying on Petro dollar if she doesn't want to be going and coming out of recession everytime, there are so many areas /sectors in the economy that can generate enough foreign exchange for the country which the federal government is not exploring. Sectors like agriculture, tourism and mining can generate so much foreign exchange if adequately taken care off.

Most importantly the country should stop importing and start producing so that there won't be so much pressure on the naira.

They can't. They are already condemned to be indebted to IMF and world bank. Any attempt to break that chains will be catastrophic. Nigeria is a subverted Country; all the tools and agents that ensures She can never be united are in place right from Her very foundation.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by splashbaby(m): 7:52am On Feb 11, 2021
naijapage:
cry

[i]This what he is saying NO IMPORTATION OF ELECTRICAL CARS ....

STEADY INCREASE OF FUEL PRICE ....

NO TO STEADY POWER SUPPLY .... SO THAT PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO BUY PETROL PRODUCTS ....

..... MAKING SURE THAT OTHER TOP MEN WILL NOT GET LICENSE TO START PRODUCING CEMENT IN NIGERIA .... or do you think that most Igbo men cannot open cement company ....

Igbo men will fair better as petty traders of shoes, clothes, electronics retailing and never as an investor.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Kirkman: 7:52am On Feb 11, 2021
Wetin dey always concern this IMF with Nigeria matter. They should go and stuck their noses in other countries business. If they aren't suggesting something that is detrimental to the nation, they are forecasting evil projections for us.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by prettyboi1(m): 7:56am On Feb 11, 2021
Zico5:
This is what we get when we assume too much power and resources in one person. There are many human potentials that can resucitate the fortune of this country but no they won't give them chance. They would rather kill their ambition with tax and unfavorable environment just to dissuade them from good ideas. Dangote is not the only person in this country. Why giving him only attention when there are untapped or relegated human resources down south here.
Stop with your excuses! If Dangote was making excuses like you, he won't be where he is today. As a matter of fact, the 'other people' you just said are not being 'given' opportunities are probably making excuses just like you. How then can they match up to Dangote, when all they're doing is making excuses?
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by obailala(m): 7:57am On Feb 11, 2021
gimakon:

This Nigeria or another one?
The same Nigeria you know.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 11, 2021
obailala:
The same Nigeria you know.

The Nigeria I know na 1960 Nigeria, na that time we get sense. This country Don rotten. I have totally lost hope.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by obailala(m): 8:07am On Feb 11, 2021
gimakon:

The Nigeria I know na 1960 Nigeria, na that time we get sense. This country Don rotten. I have totally lost hope.
Yeah but if the refinery starts working, it will massively improve Nigeria's economic fortunes. That's why no govt has been able to do it for over 30 years.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by nonxo007(m): 8:08am On Feb 11, 2021
Omihanifa:
Nigeria should stop relying on Petro dollar if she doesn't want to be going and coming out of recession everytime, there are so many areas /sectors in the economy that can generate enough foreign exchange for the country which the federal government is not exploring. Sectors like agriculture, tourism and mining can generate so much foreign exchange if adequately taken care off.

Most importantly the country should stop importing and start producing so that there won't be so much pressure on the naira.

Corruption, greed and wickedness will not allow us. Those areas you mentioned are several countries major source of revenue.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 11, 2021
obailala:
Yeah but if the refinery starts working, it will massively improve Nigeria's economic fortunes. That's why no govt has been able to do it for over 30 years.

Hehehhehehehehheh OK make we day look.
Make I find way day go another country go start business Biko.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Centmelody: 8:14am On Feb 11, 2021
justosee:
is dangote richer than Nigeria? why can't we build a refinery if that is all we need to prevent recession?
I tired o my brother. our problem pass wetin our eyes fit see
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by prettyboi1(m): 8:15am On Feb 11, 2021
ethicallyright:
Nigerian youths are pushing Nigeria deeper into recession by storing money that should be circulating in the economy as virtual currencies somewhere in the internet instead of investing in the production process no matter how small.

When I now become a billionaire in future after making the right moves in the manufacturing industry they'll now shout "monopoly".

Manufacturers are still the richest people, anywhere in the world. To be regarded as a wealthy person, one must own the means of production . To help your economy, you must create wealth through production.

Jeff Bezos (Amazon) , Elon Musk (Tesla) , Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) etc though regarded as tech billionaires still produce goods or services which gives worth to their stocks depending on how they perform in the market.

I agree with you for the most part of your comment. However, I disagree with your vilification of the Nigerian youths storing money else where.... blame the clueless government for that. Nobody wants their hard-earned monies lost either to uncontrolled inflation, horrible policies made without proper thoughts, insecurity etc.

Like a lot of other things that the Nigerian government controls, the Naira is steadily losing value & continuously failing(sadly). It's not the duty of the private citizens to do the work of the government. For instance, there's epileptic power supply in Nigeria, as a private citizen, should you now decide not to buy a generator so as to provide light for yourself because 'you don't want to shame the government'? Water supply from the government's water board is also epileptic, Nigerians resort to digging boreholes for their private houses. Should we now say Nigerians shouldn't dig boreholes because it exposes the ineptitude of the government?

Whatever daft policies, traits of bad leadership, lack of vision etc that the government executes, it affects the entire country & the citizens. The citizens will find ways to live with the reality of those horrible policies/bad leadership traits etc while being able to provide alternatives that make their private lives easier to live. Blame government for that!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Emperor5(m): 8:17am On Feb 11, 2021
It's very unfortunate that Nigeria government is incapable to build standard refinari.
Now dangote have done what FG couldn't do for many yrs upon the trillion that are generated from oil proceed.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by realray(m): 8:20am On Feb 11, 2021
northerners with their bad belle and evil intentions, av u asked urself about worri refinery, why can't they put it in order in case you all don't know the northerners are very wise people who are obsessed with power that's why they are trying to channel everything to and through themselves.....very wicked set of human being what about the one at niger republic who owns the refinery there that we partner with with for refined petrol but we av two refinery here in nigeria worri and kaduna.....
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Ejebleje: 8:21am On Feb 11, 2021
justosee:
is dangote richer than Nigeria? why can't we build a refinery if that is all we need to prevent recession?

Very very intelligent question;why not resuscitate the moribund ones and encourage other private refineries to come on stream?
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Komu1048(m): 8:36am On Feb 11, 2021
Omihanifa:

You have no idea how Nigerians love anything importation.

As a good Nigerian, I said let me start buying Nigerian goods to grow the naira. I bought rice(even though not the best), shoes, bags, drinks etc so far it’s from Nigeria.

Last year I raised broilers to sell and because they mature so fast I started marketing them in hotels, bars, frozen food outlets, barbecue spot etc. they all claimed they don’t but Nigeria birds that it’s the one from Cotonou. I lost so much money because feed was expensive, I was so sad. Because I don’t see the logic in it, they didn’t complain of the size, the taste, nor the toughness but just because it is raised in Nigeria. Me too I have stop purchasing Nigeria product, I can’t be patronizing you and you won’t do same to me

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by CodeTemplar: 8:36am On Feb 11, 2021
naijapage:
cry

[i]This what he is saying NO IMPORTATION OF ELECTRICAL CARS ....

STEADY INCREASE OF FUEL PRICE ....

NO TO STEADY POWER SUPPLY .... SO THAT PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO BUY PETROL PRODUCTS ....

..... MAKING SURE THAT OTHER TOP MEN WILL NOT GET LICENSE TO START PRODUCING CEMENT IN NIGERIA .... or do you think that most Igbo men cannot open cement company ....

Ibeto too had a fair share of cement business but preferred importation to local production. Even though we risk monopoly with Dangote, local production trumps importation any day and anytime.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by geladinho1(m): 8:39am On Feb 11, 2021
LaIabobo:
Very true.
I hope the refinery is completed and functions optimally.

Honestly, that project is the only lifeline for Nigerian economy in the nearest future.
very true abi how much do you buy bag of cement now compare to when other companies like elephant cement, burham and d rest
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by lonlytroy(m): 8:40am On Feb 11, 2021
Omihanifa:

You that like Foreign things
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Omihanifa: 8:50am On Feb 11, 2021
Komu1048:

You have no idea how Nigerians love anything importation.

As a good Nigerian, I said let me start buying Nigerian goods to grow the naira. I bought rice(even though not the best), shoes, bags, drinks etc so far it’s from Nigeria.

Last year I raised broilers to sell and because they mature so fast I started marketing them in hotels, bars, frozen food outlets, barbecue spot etc. they all claimed they don’t but Nigeria birds that it’s the one from Cotonou. I lost so much money because feed was expensive, I was so sad. Because I don’t see the logic in it, they didn’t complain of the size, the taste, nor the toughness but just because it is raised in Nigeria. Me too I have stop purchasing Nigeria product, I can’t be patronizing you and you won’t do same to me

Eyah shocked
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by CodeTemplar: 8:52am On Feb 11, 2021
alphaNomega:
The day you understand why our national refineries are moribund, you would come back to laugh at this your post.

Nigeria can build 10 refineries. It is not waiting for one man. This is a design.

I can assure you, you will be disappointed
Nigeria was designed to favour a region and that's all. As long as you have both north and south apologist in the oil sector we won't go forward in that sector. As evident by the location of Kaduna refiner, the northern elements want the oil in the ND to benefit them according to how they planned out Nigeria but there is a resistance from the southerners within and the north will rather destroy the public oil assets then allow a private northerner to come and finish the job smoothly. Dangote is that northerner.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by BRATISLAVA: 8:53am On Feb 11, 2021
Uniquisite:

Lol

Go buy land beside Refinery? The same Wet land? Anything to make sales sha. Make una shine una eyes

Not to talk of the massive pollution, knowing that they won't abide by industry best practices.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Judolisco(m): 8:56am On Feb 11, 2021
Why didn't dangote build his refinery in a state like ondo
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Goldbw122(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2021
One senators bank account can bail us out of recession, Nigeria leaders are very funny, you are using a business man you guys control as a face mask.. what a world. if this country one good na one decision go solve am stop corruption... and let goodness prevail.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Rugaria: 9:44am On Feb 11, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

Constructing pipeline that will link us to Europe to open new market for us is now a crime.You do realize that the only major economy that import our petrol is India and there is a high probability their oil exploration will be successful. Buhari is a failure,but i see nothing wrong for him to try securing our future, which is what this pipeline is about. I think many people such as yourself are guided by pure hate.

We are not talking of the gas pipeline to 'godknowswhere' here.... Ofcourse, those pipelines are being brandished as gigantic projects that are economically important to Nigeria, when in actual facts they are just trying to fire up power stations in Niger republic! I mean, who in Europe is interested in your gas to make you plough in such huge amounts, when Russia is almost through with her pipelines to Germany! Transatlantic gas/energy pipelines come with sophisticated international politics to booth! Your perenially weak country will never dare to engage in such high wire politics because her leaders are far more interested in regime survival than national growth... Even if we have waiting buyers there, with the huge amounts involved, and the vibrant Insurgency going on around these areas, who's going to secure such important but extremely vulnerable investment? Your competitors can easily rent an extremist group and 'boom', you are out of business..

We are talking about plans to link the north with the weird refinery built around Niger-Nigeria borders. That refinery needs to be investigated to start with. Who actually owns that refinery. Why will the Nigeriens prefer to locate such economically sensitive project in the remote and volatile border communities that are close to Nigeria, instead of the middle of their country or elsewhere! It was rumoured in the past that some northern elites played significant roles in erecting that refinery! Where are they getting their crude from! Must be Nigeria., So are they getting that legally or are the crude being stolen? I'm sure that when these questions are answered correctly, Nigerians will start to understand the undercurrents behind Buharis weird policy towards the refinery... The government just said they will be buying from the refinery basically to meet up with the needs of the north! Explain to everybody reading, how buying the same product that you produce locally, from another country helps uplift your own country! we are waiting...
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Elprima(m): 9:46am On Feb 11, 2021
justosee:

Bureaucracy is the reason the country cannot build and maintain a refinery, add corruption and you know it's practically impossible.

The reason we're better of with a private owned refinery is the same reason MTN exists and NITEL is history.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Ramsak1: 9:54am On Feb 11, 2021
There is no such thing as monopolistic capitalist, Capatilism is capitalism everywhere in the world. Imagine individuals throwing a sitting POTUS out of social media sphere as if its nothing, so the flaws of capitalism still remains. Now in the case of Dangote, nobody gave him preferential treatment atleast we all know he's not the only northern business man around. what made the whole situation looks like a monopoly for Dangote is that, at a time where people like Olawuyo and Ibetto were importing cement to be re-bagged in Nigeria, Dangote initially too was importing but he later saw beyond them and took the risk of trying to start an indegenious cement production factory and by soo doing he pushed Ibeto and Olawuyo out of business, the gov't had to support Dangote because he saves them huge amount of forex annually. Now about the oil industry, Otedola nd others have being importing PMS for ages, FEDGOV gave over 60 licenses for refinaries to ingenious investors since 2013, yet none of then did nothing, Dangote again with his balls took the initiative to invest in oil refining liquidating a lot of his companies, taking loans, selling more of his cement companies in shares to source for fund for this project. Now tell me where is the monopoly
A lot of Nigerians prefer to stack their funds abroad buying properties all over the world and living large rather than to invest in their country. If anybody today starts to produce in Nigeria, success is a sure for him.
Gwan2:
The challenge with a monopolistic capitalist like Dangote in a poor country like Nigeria is that the country will be at his mercy when critical economic structures are under his umbrella. He technically becomes above the law in many regards knowing that a squabble or friction with Dangote will spell economic doom for the government of the day..in that regard, he enjoys special economic privileges among his contemporaries or within the business sphere. Typical example is Carlos slim of Mexico

On the other hand, in a rich countries like the US, UK etc....There’s an almost equal level playing ground and government subsidies cut across all players in the business sphere. Most importantly, the players are not above the law and could be summoned at any point they find deviation or sabotage to national interest like they summoned bill gate some years back, mark zuck recently and many more.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by arsenal33: 10:02am On Feb 11, 2021
chinjo:
We know already but will the current APC government under the leadership of Buhari allow that to happen? Your guess is as good as mine.
it is this APC govt that has given dangote all the incentives to achieve this feat. Grow up.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by Xpol: 10:02am On Feb 11, 2021
justosee:
exactly my thoughts.
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by arsenal33: 10:03am On Feb 11, 2021
Zico5:
This is what we get when we assume too much power and resources in one person. There are many human potentials that can resucitate the fortune of this country but no they won't give them chance. They would rather kill their ambition with tax and unfavorable environment just to dissuade them from good ideas. Dangote is not the only person in this country. Why giving him only attention when there are untapped or relegated human resources down south here.
there are other private refineries coming up, if you learn to follow news objectively you will know
Re: Dangote Refinery Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Economic Recession – IMF by arsenal33: 10:04am On Feb 11, 2021
gimakon:
grin grin The same man way because of am them close borders, way render the country useless and it's currency, is the Same man this APC is bringing their fake news to commend and give preference I'm the name of IMF.

GEJ left the Naira to the cfa at 1000 naira = 4000cfa, this clueless president came in the name of nonsense and fables to confuse everyone and gave a so called better Nigeria where 1000 naira = 1000 cfa, closed borders for nearly 2 years, nothing like export and import and gave only him a chance to run export business, and yet Nigeria became the poverty capital

I'm yet to see what his refinery will do for Nigeria. I laugh, country way Don die finish. 2023 far, if Una like Una sef ,look for better country and leave.
you are still wailing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 37 Alleged Internet Fraudsters In Oyo / Buhari Meets Julius Maada Bio Behind Closed Doors On Monday Night / G5 Governors To Meet In Enugu, Governor Ugwanyi Receives Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.