Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Religion, A Blessing Or A Curse To Humanity?~ S. Didia - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion, A Blessing Or A Curse To Humanity?~ S. Didia (177 Views)

Pope Francis Issues Dire Warning To Humanity ( Pics) / Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse / Is Religion A Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion, A Blessing Or A Curse To Humanity?~ S. Didia by compass22: 10:38pm On Feb 10, 2021
Religion, A Blessing or A Curse To Humanity?~ S. Didia

Let's discuss.

When I write about religion, I do not have the intention of ridiculing any brand. My lamentation is not targeted at any branch of religion but the tree itself.

Observing the rhetorics of human existence will make any sane human understand the fact that religion has led many nations and individuals to war, it has broken families, separated friends and have incited the deaths of thousands. Religion has also sabotaged well meaning struggles, people have learnt not to side with the truth but to show sympathy for people of same religion.

Religion has separated lovers. I know a lot of people who couldn't get married because their parents wanted them to have spouse of same religion.

People are suffering a lot of religious inflicted pains and this has made me to think that the world would have been better of without religion.

Read More:
https://compassgist.com/religion-a-blessing-or-a-curse-to-humanity-lets-discuss/

Re: Religion, A Blessing Or A Curse To Humanity?~ S. Didia by Oghene1st: 10:46pm On Feb 10, 2021
It can't be generalised that religion is a curse because our African traditional religion was the foundation for morality for us. It is religion that built morals in our society. It speaks against murder, stealing, covetousness, adultery, disrespect, greed, etc which helped to shape the African society. But you see Christianity and Islam, they are a curse to Africa but Islam is not a curse to the Arabs and Christianity is not a curse to the west.
Re: Religion, A Blessing Or A Curse To Humanity?~ S. Didia by Polynek(m): 10:56pm On Feb 10, 2021
The white-men have came and show us TRUE religion. Right now Africa as whole is not practicing TRUE religion. People are using any means they can, to make money. But wat do I know. like I always say. Opinion is like a nose everybody get His/Her own.
Re: Religion, A Blessing Or A Curse To Humanity?~ S. Didia by jom28gy(m): 11:17pm On Feb 10, 2021
The pure religion is the one Africans knew before the coming of the white
Re: Religion, A Blessing Or A Curse To Humanity?~ S. Didia by joefengzy(m): 11:28pm On Feb 10, 2021
jom28gy:
The pure religion is the one Africans knew before the coming of the white
Absolutely right
Re: Religion, A Blessing Or A Curse To Humanity?~ S. Didia by extol1(m): 11:34pm On Feb 10, 2021
I keep telling people that religion is not the problem of Africa, the problem is the people that practice those religions. are we the only continent practicing religion, why don't other see it the way we view it.
religion is a blessing and never a curse

(1) (Reply)

Our Debts Have Been Cancelled February 15 / How I Died To Pride, Listen To Apostle Arome Osayi / Only A Nigerian's Sharpness Will Save My Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.