Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Six Quite Ways To Avoid One Chance In Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Six Quite Ways To Avoid One Chance In Abuja (555 Views)

Lady Shares Her Story After She Was Kidnapped By One Chance In Rivers State / How To Avoid One Chance vehicles In Nigeria / 'One Chance' Robbers Busted By Police As One Jumps Into Lagoon With Loot. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Six Quite Ways To Avoid One Chance In Abuja by Gabangel(m): 12:28am On Feb 11, 2021
I started this write-up in Opera Hub. But apart from that, I really want some more ideas on how one can avoid One Chance in Abuja. These are the most common I known and have told been from experience (like the individuals got robbed, so they take this particular precautions). I believe One chance occurs in other cities in Nigeria most especially Lagos, but these ones are the ones are know that work in Abuja.

As Abuja city has some unsafe areas or scary individuals, with space, areas or people who police or the security personnel are not able to notice; it calls to reason that citizens dwelling in Abuja should also have their own way to look after their safety when they board taxis. Most especially with “One Chance” or the kidnap, rob and dump activity that happens in a while in Abuja.
It’s interesting to note that the author, a newbie in moving to certain places in Abuja City (which I assure you is very wide compared to Lagos), was advised by some victims of one chance on how to avoid it. So let’s start.
Early last year, a lady residing in the suburbs of Abuja, in Kaura, got herself into a vehicle that stopped half way through their journey to her destination and it branched into a lonely path. There, the driver and the other two occupants of the vehicle, removed weapons and proceeded to rob her of her valuables, which included phones and the likes. She luckily did not resist them, so they pitied her and left her with N500 to use as transport. They then drove and abandoned her inside a bush along the Gwarinpa – Kubwa express way. This story is an example of a person who suffered from ONE CHANCE in Abuja, and for those who struggle or resist the thieves, the story is slightly different. Anyway, from this experience and those of others, you realize that there is a pattern to which you can avoid ONE CHANCE in Abuja.
1. Get use to entering vehicles at the park or designated parks where you notice the drivers and even the touts as it may be, know each other. Entering a vehicle passing by or “ALONG” can be risky in the far areas where the roads are sort of lonely.
2. If you can find a vehicle, look for Brekete Family Taxi. This is not an advert, but the BFT vehicles’ are mostly known to be safe and all registered; as such it is rare to hear of someone who suffered “ONE CHANCE” in a Brekete Taxi!
3. If you can afford it, use BOLT or UBER taxi services. Actually this is nice, because they practically pick you at your door step and stop at your destination…and can enter almost any estate without being stopped.
4. When you are not sure of a vehicle you are about to enter in, ask for the price. If the driver mentions something, haggle lower. If he accepts without arguing or a hitch…back out immediately.
5. Sometimes, looking at the occupants of a vehicle and discovering its only men inside can be a trigger (still in a case I know, the lady didn’t know that there was a man hiding inside the booth of the car till the driver stopped to supposedly check a fault).
6. Also if someone drops so you can seat in their middle. It’s better to refuse.
I believe there are still other ways to avoid one chance in Abuja. So, what do you think? What’s your own advice?
https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=bbc655361f99144599669568b8f9c8c3&news_entry_id=s256615fa210210en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=1c145c3cf3ffd4d0da422ce6411d56eb2b157aa4&from=publisher

Re: Six Quite Ways To Avoid One Chance In Abuja by SamgoldBaba: 5:38am On Feb 11, 2021
Nice write up...

1 Like

Re: Six Quite Ways To Avoid One Chance In Abuja by Sundaycomputer: 11:23am On Feb 11, 2021
What of Lagos State

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Teenager, 16, Arrested On Suspicion Of Raping His Own Mum In Gran Canaria / It's A Big Insult On The Face Of The Nigerian Armed Forces - Femi Fani-kayode / Breaking: Kidnappers Abduct 18 Passengers Heading To Lagos In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.