Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,220 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Domestic Violence Survivor - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Domestic Violence Survivor (1261 Views)

How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor / Over 30 Vehicles Burnt, Lives Lost In Lagos | Watch Survivor Testimony / The Prospective Home Owner's Guide To Domestic Electrical Installation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domestic Violence Survivor by Warrior14: 1:20am On Feb 11, 2021
I created this account to post this as I want to remain anonymous.
I was brutally beaten by my fiance that i lived with tonight(he met my people and I have met his too)
This is the second time this is happening within a space of six (6) month and I have decided to end our 4 years relationship which started when I was in my penultimate year at the University.
I am staying with him not because I wasn't earning enough to get an accommodation, but because I wanted us to contribute resources and start a family.
I have never been a burden on him as I constantly ensure I bought enough foodstuff at the end of each month so he pays just utility bills.
I'm a professional in my field and I earn slightly above #100,000 per month. I need a place on the mainland but close to the island that i can stay for a while pending when I will be able to get my permanent accommodation. I am open to paying monthly rent starting from end of this month.
I can't spend another night with this monster. I don't know how to face people tomorrow about how I come about a swollen face. The sound of my cry begging him not to kill me still echoes in my head.
Modified
I can't sleep. I'm sweating and shivering. My head and eyes aches. No one to talk to
Nothing in me prays for this man. I am struggling not to curse him

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence Survivor by gini4x: 1:33am On Feb 11, 2021
Warrior14:
I was brutally beaten by my fiance that i lived with tonight(he met my people and I have met his too)
This is the second time this is happening within a space of six (6) month and I have decided to end our 4 years relationship which started when I was in my penultimate year at the University.
I am staying with him not because I wasn't earning enough to get an accommodation, but because I wanted us to contribute resources and start a family.
I have never been a burden on him as I constantly ensure I bought enough foodstuff at the end of each month so he pays just utility bills.
I'm a professional in my field and I earn slightly above #100,000 per month. I need a place on the mainland but close to the island that i can stay for a while pending when I will be able to get my permanent accommodation. I am open to paying monthly rent starting from end of this month.
I can't spend another night with this monster. I don't know how to face people tomorrow about how I come about a swollen face. The sound of my cry begging him not to kill me still echoes in my head.
Modified
I can't sleep. I'm sweating and shivering. My head and eyes aches. No one to talk to
Why didnt you leave the house and lodge in hotel for tonight

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Survivor by layzie: 5:07am On Feb 11, 2021
Nobody should be in a physically abusive relationship. Now that you have made up your mind to leave, follow through and fast. Don't change your mind tomorrow. Two beatings in 6 months? It will likely get worse.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence Survivor by Benbisco(f): 10:15am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
Modified

For Christ's sake, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS DO YOURSELF?

Why will you continue in such a toxic relationship? Who are you planning to impress with the decision to go get married only to divorce later because you want to save your family face from the shame of calling off a wedding? This family you are talking about sef, have you shared your predicaments with them? I doubt because I do not want to believe they will ask you to continue with it if they are privy to half of what you have shared on your recent four posts on Nairaland.

Honeypie, trust me, if you call off this wedding and save your life, people will talk o, call you names, your mumsie and her sisters will be sad, even cry, but give them six months max, the matter will no longer be an issue.

It is only a person that is alive that can file for divorce o. Pls do not be part of the statistics.

Blessings!

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence Survivor by Wannabenz: 10:26am On Oct 25, 2021
09068664144...here's my number,you can talk to me anytime.
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor by ABbless(m): 10:41am On Oct 25, 2021
08125979139 pls, you can talk to me
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor by MrDigitalVentur: 11:40am On Oct 25, 2021
People have said alot on your other thread

Whatever path you chose is your wish

If something is not there
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor by JennyOfOldstones(f): 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Don't marry this man. I can just forsee a situation where he'll force you to quit your job and isolate you from your friends and family so that he can continue to kill you slowly in silence. The isolation is already working because it seems you haven't confided in anyone close to you about his abuse.

The best time to call this sham of a relationship/marriage is now since it's going to be much more difficult emotionally and financially to get a divorce. It's going to be almost impossible to end things if you decide to have children for him.

When you decide to call the marriage off, leave town for a while or go somewhere where he can't find you so that you wouldn't be manipulated into returning to him and also because this person can try to murder you for leaving him.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence Survivor by horpeyemmi66(m): 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
Modified
My dear, you have only gone far if you say "I do". You still have the grace to run, far, far, away.

This guy might eventually kill you. The people you are ashamed to call off the wedding for might still be the ones that would gather to bury you.
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor by sparkleboy(m): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2021
Don’t ruin the rest of your life by getting to someone you hate this much! He doesn’t deserve you and you may end up killing him or he kills you. Consider the years and resources spent as sunk cost which is never recoverable!!!!
Warrior14 The idea of sunk cost is to cut your losses and avoid wasting more time and resources in a venture that would definitely fail. Just cut your losses and move on dear
Warrior14:
Modified
Re: Domestic Violence Survivor by Felixnyle: 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2021
I read her thread this morning,decided to read her other threads and diary. The decision is in her hands. There are many ladies passing through the same thing believing the man will change but he hasn't changed. Noone should endure abuse in the name of relationship. When the person is not a tree. Life is essence.
But the choice is her's to make. People had advised her before now she still wants to continue then why keep posting on NL when you have decided to remain in an abusive relationship. Kindly mind my french.

MrDigitalVentur:
People have said alot on your other thread

Whatever path you chose is your wish

If something is not there

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Used 8ft By 8ft Container Shop In Ibadan...380k / For Sale: 3br Flat At Abesan Estate, Ipaja / An Affordable Office Apartment Up For Rent At Opebi Ikeja (no Agency Fee)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.