Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,003 members, 7,821,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report (11584 Views)

Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass / Insecurity: Falae, Bode George Ask PMB To Implement 2014 National CONFAB Report / Throwback: Gambari Asks Buhari To Implement 2014 National Conference Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by GeneralPula: 7:13am On Feb 11, 2021
Mosdii

Nigeria constitution is useless...All of it !

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by izubext007: 7:14am On Feb 11, 2021
they can not adopt it , because Fulani will not benefits from it.
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Tywo2018: 7:16am On Feb 11, 2021
I know them anything progressive they will never support it rubbish. Animal Progressive Congress.APC Cow Republic
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by payloader(m): 7:25am On Feb 11, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
I told many people that Presidents ain't the problem.
BUT
our Senators
house of representative
Governors
Local government chairman
And councilors

Tho president has his own share.
But those I mentioned above they're closer to people than the president
Are you so gullible not to know that these senators, reps, governors etc, are all controlled by the Aso Rock power? Guy, think
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by four44: 7:33am On Feb 11, 2021
When ever some one they push for an idea that can save this shit hole called corn tree u will jst see one herdsmen counter it with all their power like their life depend this abnormalities

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Lawdis(m): 7:38am On Feb 11, 2021
....they won't accept it because it's an idea that should better the lives of the citizens but if it were to buy 2080 model of Japanese SUV in 2019 with billions of dollars they won't hesitate to do that.....wicked nincompoops

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Pennywise(m): 7:46am On Feb 11, 2021
We delude ourselves if we think reason and commonsense will bring solution to the crisis we face as Southerners. You don't give palm oil to a deity that demands blood.

3 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by IdrisE(m): 7:48am On Feb 11, 2021
Do they really care about us �.

They can only make laws that will give them avenue to steal.
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Reference(m): 7:54am On Feb 11, 2021
If a transporter refuses to maintain or repair his bus then his business is lost. If the National Assembly refuses to fix a broken legislation then the country is lost, simple.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Ziyech(m): 7:57am On Feb 11, 2021
Instagram Accounts for sale at affordable rates.
Contact number on my signature
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Ade3131: 7:58am On Feb 11, 2021
Sunnycliff:

So there's no hope for Nigeria

From all indications, I'm afraid Yes.
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by CuteTj(m): 7:59am On Feb 11, 2021
You guys should at least read and digest the news piece before commenting.

I knew I was going to see a sensational headline like this. The media is part of the problem in the world today. Posting a different headline different from the body of the report itself. Knowing gullible people will not read the news itself.

Its not true the Reps refused to adopt the 2014 report. The rep who advised they stepped down the motion for the house to call for the report because it was PROCEDURRALY WRONG for the house as a whole to call for the report when there was already a commitee (Constitution review Committee) saddled with the task of getting the report and had already been working on the report as well as getting input from many quarters.

It was a simple matter of wrong procedure. The intention of the Reps is not to step down the report.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Omoluabi1stborn: 8:24am On Feb 11, 2021
payloader:
Are you so gullible not to know that these senators, reps, governors etc, are all controlled by the Aso Rock power? Guy, think

You're not serious.
So nah Aso rock voted them in?
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by wpadmin: 8:25am On Feb 11, 2021
The real culprits are the house of reps, governors etc before you talk of the president.
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Teejay13(m): 8:26am On Feb 11, 2021
They won't as long as it does not favor their interest.

Miscreant leaders!
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Bluebolt: 8:38am On Feb 11, 2021
naijadrivablog:
Then Nigeria is far from getting to nationhood.

That document was adopted by all tribes in Nigeria.

It is obvious that politicians don't want a better Nigeria.

I blame GEJ for not implementing it before he left office.
Why would he implement it when he did not want to offend the North!
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by bigheart7: 8:41am On Feb 11, 2021
This 2014 Confab was our best chance to get it right in this country but we missed it because of regional selfish interests. I doubt if Nigeria can ever be one with the way things are going.

Meanwhile I have something for you this valentine.
https://www.nairaland.com/6409959/get-cartoon-pic-1k-learn
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by FBIBOT(m): 8:52am On Feb 11, 2021
Of course they will never adopt it.... because it favors the masses... Ones the masses are the main focus of a policy there is no gain for them... These guys are the main problem... The president only suppose to suggest and stamp... They should be the ones making the policies
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Rawhumper(m): 9:00am On Feb 11, 2021
Op sorry ooo u go school? Your topic is different from what I read, they didn't refuse but said it should be submitted to the committe.

Anyways if the north keep hoarding power, its going consume them as rightly said, the state of the Union is weak.

For those that will be looking at my moniker and not heed to what I say, the time is coming when all I have been saying will come to pass.

AtorKelly:
ON FEBRUARY 10, 202110:19 PMIN
By Levinus Nwabughiogu-Abuja

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/constitutional-review-reps-stepped-down-motion-to-obtain-2014-national-conference-report/
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Rawhumper(m): 9:06am On Feb 11, 2021
Toomuchstuff, no need for alarm, cant you see how they are been DEPOPULATED by their very own scheme and hand?

I bet you, this very North will soon beg the South to take over power cos they already tired.

I have compared the pictures of Buhari we used to know with that of the present clone and have seen the differences.

I AM REALLY DANCING EVERYDAY SEEING HOW THE NORTH HAS DUG THEIR OWN DOWNFALL!!

quote author=TooMuchStuff post=98952208]Fulanis don't share power.
Absolute Power is their turfs.

If the 2014 confab was made of 90% hausafulani Muslims and 10% others, it would have been adopted since 2015 when Buhari came in. [/quote]
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Brunicekid(m): 9:11am On Feb 11, 2021
AtorKelly:
ON FEBRUARY 10, 202110:19 PMIN
By Levinus Nwabughiogu-Abuja

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/constitutional-review-reps-stepped-down-motion-to-obtain-2014-national-conference-report/
From this news, I didn't see where it was rejected... It was only recommended to be at the committee's level... Hungry set of news bloggers!
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Rawhumper(m): 9:32am On Feb 11, 2021
GEJBIS A BIG COWARD!!! THATS WHY I NEVER VOTE FOR HIM AND WILL CAMPAIGN VIGOROUSLY AGAINST HIM.

HE WILL CALL IT WISDOM BUT SAVED HIS ASS TO THE DETRIMENT OF A NATION HE SWORE TO UPHOLD!! angry

quote author=naijadrivablog post=98952970]Then Nigeria is far from getting to nationhood.

That document was adopted by all tribes in Nigeria.

It is obvious that politicians don't want a better Nigeria.

I blame GEJ for not implementing it before he left office. [/quote]
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Grace001: 10:28am On Feb 11, 2021
I keep asking this question... How can a common man input make any difference in Nigeria?

When those that are in position to make good policies, adopt good policies, strength our institutions that will better the lives of masses refused to do so.

What can the common man do ?
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
Fulanis don't share power.
Absolute Power is their turfs.

If the 2014 confab was made of 90% hausafulani Muslims and 10% others, it would have been adopted since 2015 when Buhari came in.
This isn't joke. The CONFAB was lopsided in terms of representation, ethnically, religiously, regionally; and they were insensitive to all of these things and then they want to force it down the throats of everyone. The number of the people who came from the south (17 states) outnumbered those from the north (19 states) by over 160. The membership strength was not fair to the north. The membership strength was not fair to the north.
The inclusion of men and women above 70 years, with analogue qualification, can never succeed in mapping out the future of Nigeria and Nigerians which is a big blow to the youth.
In the CONFAB, Justice Kutigi pointed out that the consensus of 75 per cent voting had already been decided by the Presidency and that the matter had been closed which was a serious matter of concern considering how lopsided the delegation was composed along religious, ethnic and regional line.
Some participants opposed calls for all ethnic groups in Nigeria to be represented at the national conference, saying such representation would bring the idea of tribalism into the deliberations which is a clear message of non inclusiveness and I'm sure this won't be tolerated by Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo.
We can't accept unconstitutional way of drafting constitution review, all constitution review should be made by Legislators with full backing of law not bigotic old tribalist people.
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by TooMuchStuff: 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
Coronabirus:
This isn't joke. The CONFAB was lopsided in terms of representation, ethnically, religiously, regionally; and they were insensitive to all of these things and then they want to force it down the throats of everyone. The number of the people who came from the south (17 states) outnumbered those from the north (19 states) by over 160. The membership strength was not fair to the north. The membership strength was not fair to the north.
The inclusion of men and women above 70 years, with analogue qualification, can never succeed in mapping out the future of Nigeria and Nigerians which is a big blow to the youth.
In the CONFAB, Justice Kutigi pointed out that the consensus of 75 per cent voting had already been decided by the Presidency and that the matter had been closed which was a serious matter of concern considering how lopsided the delegation was composed along religious, ethnic and regional line.
Some participants opposed calls for all ethnic groups in Nigeria to be represented at the national conference, saying such representation would bring the idea of tribalism into the deliberations which is a clear message of non inclusiveness and I'm sure this won't be tolerated by Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo.
We can't accept unconstitutional way of drafting constitution review, all constitution review should be made by Legislators with full backing of law not bigotic old tribalist people.
All these ya grammar unto say justice was done to all tribes in Nigeria to be included for the first time in history?? God punish Lord Lugard
The fake population figure and lopsided creation of useless and worthless states by Abacha n IBB for the parasitic North cannot be used in a democracy
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2021
TooMuchStuff:

All these ya grammar unto say justice was done to all tribes in Nigeria to be included for the first time in history?? God punish Lord Lugard
The fake population figure and lopsided creation of useless and worthless states by Abacha n IBB for the parasitic North cannot be used in a democracy
Parasites are those who depend on others for daily meal. Tell me a single commodity that North depend on south for their daily need.
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by TooMuchStuff: 10:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
Coronabirus:
Parasites are those who depend on others for daily meal. Tell me a single commodity that North depend on south for their daily need.

We are not living the peasantry farming era where food is all. Without parasitic North attachment to South, Somalia and Niger Republic would have been better than Arewastan.
Oil Money from Niger Delta
Taxes and revenue from South
Ports and maritime duties
Foods and more

Core North is Core ungrateful parasites of Nigeria
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 12, 2021
TooMuchStuff:

We are not living the peasantry farming era where food is all. Without parasitic North attachment to South, Somalia and Niger Republic would have been better than Arewastan.
Oil Money from Niger Delta
Taxes and revenue from South
Ports and maritime duties
Foods and more

Core North is Core ungrateful parasites of Nigeria
The laziest of all is he who rely on nature to brag being a hard worker. Oil and port are not part of human effort. Find other things to brag on!
Re: Constitutional Review: Reps Refuse To Adopt 2014 National Conference Report by TooMuchStuff: 12:48am On Feb 12, 2021
Coronabirus:
The laziest of all is he who rely on nature to brag being a hard worker. Oil and port are not part of human effort. Find other things to brag on!
Go to Sahara deserts to practice parasitism for just a week let's if Northern region won't starve to death.

Parasites hate it when the host is hurting and want to rid them off. We southerners wanna go away.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Al-mustapha And Press Freedom. AIT ,Dokpesi Sacked 2 Senior Editorial Staff / Massive Employment In Line With President Buhari's Promise And Agenda / Dapo Abiodun: Ijebu Ode-Epe Road To Be Completed Very Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.