Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,329 members, 7,864,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:01 PM

What To Consider Before Buying Hp Vh240a Display Monitor - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What To Consider Before Buying Hp Vh240a Display Monitor (153 Views)

3 African Men Display Great Acrobatic Skills From Air / Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs / See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Consider Before Buying Hp Vh240a Display Monitor by AmadiLucy(f): 11:47am On Feb 11, 2021
This monitor is the highest productivity you can get for your home or office with the unrivaled 23.8-inch HP VH240a display with ergonomic stand and built-in speakers with minimal design at the competitive price. The HP VH240a is great for projects that requires alternating photos and landscape which makes it easier when designing. It also has 1780 viewing angle for great quality wherever you are. You can also attach a 100m VESA wall mount or bracket to the back of the tracking arm and connects your Mac, Windows or any other laptop with the HDMI port and built-in HDMI cable. The connected Pc graphics card may be able to support 1920x1080 @60HZ and have one HDMI or one VGA output to put the monitor in desired mode. I could remember what I went through using the older version. It was difficult; I had pains around my neck sitting in a particular spot. There was no space around my desk to put other materials, the picture quality and speed was poor. I knew I had to do something so I inquired about HP VH240a monitor. I bought it and up until now, am enjoying it because of all the great features it has plus the easy rotation to any angle of your choice.

WHAT TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING ANY PRODUCT
Before buying a product, one needs consider the image quality, the size, design and connectivity, the speed or energy consumption, the speakers, the screen bezels and most importantly your type of work.

In addition to the description of the product, HP VH240a compared to older versions is an amazing monitor that has the ability to switch to vertical views and other viewing options like multimedia, photo, low blue light, reading, custom and night. The screen of the monitor is large and clear. The height is perfect and can be tilted with ease to any angle you need. Also unlike older versions, it is easier to install. The sound quality is better which gives no room for another speaker. I am a great graphic designer and while editing images; I need not zoom so as to see the pores in the skin. The picture quality is great so if looking for a monitor to do your office related work, you could make do with HP VH240a

IMAGE QUALITY
According to the IPS panel (In plane switching), the HP VH240a monitor offers a viewing angle of 1780 which indicates that the image does not change color or contrast when viewed from curved angles. The monitor supports 8-bit color depth via landing (6-bit + 2-bit FRC (Frame Rate Control)) at 16.7million colors and covers the base color space SRGB (Standard Red Green Blue) ie 72% NTSC (National television system committee). Comparing to VA (Vertical alignment) panels you get lower contrast ratios and also a higher response rates, accurate colors with better viewing angles. Also to TN (Twisted Nematic) panel, you get better color quality/viewing angles and a slower contrast ratio with response speed. In addition, with a full HD resolution (1920x1080) on a 23.8-inch screen, it provides plenty screen space with sharp details due to the pixel density of 92 pixels per inch. Moreover, it does not need your processor/GPU (Graphic processing unit).

PERFORMANCE
HP VH240a has a great response time of 5mins with a refresh rate of 60Hz. However, everything should be running smoothly without any known clues or visual artifacts. The input lag performance of HP VH240a is up to ~11mins, so when combined, you may get a great gaming experience. Unfortunately, the HP VH240a monitor does not support AMD freeSync which will provide variable refresh rates for compatible graphic cards to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering. The display has a low blue light filter which uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) to adjust the brightness. Less than 100%, screen flicker is invisible to the human eye which may cause headache after a long term use to people who are sensitive to it.

FEATURES AND BENEFITS
I am very impressed with the quality and price of this product (HP VH240a). It is user friendly and straight forward. It has a hole in the back for cable management with four additional hot keys which could be used as shortcut for OSD (On screen display) functions. It has 2 million pixels and 16.7 million colors.

Notwithstanding, the screen bezels are very tiny and look good and thus, helps manage size. It is well designed and easy to mount within 5ms without the use of screwdrivers in the setup process. I could remember vividly while setting up my older version of this product, I got my hand injured in the process of using screwdrivers and besides, it took me over 30mins setting up the monitor. In essence, I choose this version due to the smooth rotation and easy setup.

Moreover, it has a 4-way ergonomic viewing with a 900 rotation for horizontal and vertical viewing modes. It can be mounted on walls with a 100 meter VESA mounting pattern. Lastly, it has a warranty of 1 year together with 24 hours, 7 days a week web support which gives the buyer the opportunity to return the product if damaged. You can check the link for more features https://www.amazon.com/Hp-23-8-inch-Adjustment-Speakers-VH240a/dp/B072M34RQC

DESIGN AND CONNECTIVITY
HP VH240a has great designs and connectivity option with power with HDMI 1.4 and VGA port. There is also an audio jack for internal speakers and the absence of 3.5 meter audio jack for headphones. Although, there are no additional USB ports and what is unexpected is a thin gorgeous bezel that provides a cinematic viewing experience and create the perfect look for a multi screen setup.
You can as well lift the screen to 130 millimeter, -50 tilt, 300, 3600 rotate, 900 pivot, and VESA mount. The screen is also covered with anti-glare coating that removes ghosting.

PRICE AND SIMILAR MONITORS
The HP VH240a cost around 110 dollars which is a reasonable price if you want a display monitor with ergonomic screens, internal speakers with excellent image quality. You may get ASUS VA24DQ for an additional 30 dollars. It supports AMD free sync up to 75Hz and has display port input. You may also get the Acer CB242Y for an additional 20 dollars. It has a full featured design which is similar to the HP VH240a. Unlike the ASUS VA24DQ, it does not have a display port input.

CONCLUSION
The HP VH240a is a great monitor that may meet the demands of office related work, graphic designs, home work. It has tiny bezel, good brightness and other features which were mentioned above. Moreover, if you feel you want to play lots of video games or do content creations, then I recommend that you make do with ASUS VA24DQ or the Acer CB242Y because the HP VH240a is needed more for office related works.

YOU CAN CONTACT US FOR YOUR PRODUCT REVIEWS, ARTICLES AND PRODUCT DESCRIPTION ON 09028917258(WHATSAPP)

Re: What To Consider Before Buying Hp Vh240a Display Monitor by modak99: 11:50am On Feb 12, 2021
Loved this whole guide so much. Really informative. I see that you have only talked about normal good monitors. i would like to say that a good gaming monitor can also be used for work purpose as well because a gaming monitor often comes with good eye protection and also it comes with high refresh rate. And most amazing thing about a gaming monitor is that they comes with 240Hz refresh rate with HDR10+ display. My goodness that display look amazing in every way possible.

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Arrested For Unsealing Hotel Seized By Hope Uzodinma / Try It And Thank Me Later - Lady Advises People To Have Sex Using A Condom From / Lexus Gx470 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.