Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,625 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs (45902 Views)

2 Teens Got Trapped In A Shopping Cart While Performing Tiktok Challenge (VIDEO) / Python Snake Killed After Devouring Goat. / Another Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard (2.0) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by RapportNaija(m): 10:10am On Nov 02, 2017
I don't know the right segment to put my "Monitor Lizard" story grin

So, I was feeling bored and was about to hit the streets about noon yesterday when I heard a knock on my front gate.

It was our neighbor, who's a friend to my Papa, and he was gonna come check the trap he and my Papa set for some Monitor Lizard they'd been spotting for a few weeks.

This animal is so sly that it always eat the bait in the trap and always escape it every time until yesterday.

This time, they used three chicken eggs as bait and the alligator done swallowed the tree, and was about to snuck out when it got trapped.

I heard my name and I ran outside to go see what's up, only to see our neighbor slapping life outta the animal with a machete and a coy smile on his mouth. Immediately, he put a call through to my Papa to announce their latest catch and I could tell they were exhilarated.

I made my way out to the streets and never got to see the pepper soup made with the animal's meat.

There are more in my backyard because it's a swampy area, and we let the place be with river weeds and all. Kinda like a natural park, because we get to see different animals out here doing their thing. Snakes, frogs, different birds like flamingoes, and all. We still have the tortoise (last pic) that made its way into our compound. I'm waiting to see a crocodile come into my compound, I will be ready. And guys - this is no village or forest. This is Lagos!

Enjoy the pics and imagine what it could've looked liked in the pot. The monitor lizard is not hot, Man's can never be hot. The ting go Skrrrr Skrr Pap Pa Pa... Lalasticlala Big Man Ting grin

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by daremiarchs(m): 10:11am On Nov 02, 2017
grin
Lala o, it's time to change your snake meal.

5 Likes

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by mazimee(m): 10:13am On Nov 02, 2017
As creepy as this animal is, you people still got so tasty and cooked it for a meal?

Una go eat goblin one day.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by biacan(f): 10:18am On Nov 02, 2017
lala change of meal since is a new month

1 Like

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 02, 2017
Called antar! Op post the finished product inside plate. No time.

Lalasticlala.....federal ministry of snake choppers warns that too much snake meat is dangerous to health...

3 Likes

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Taiwo20(m): 11:57am On Nov 02, 2017
congrats
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by sniperr007(m): 11:58am On Nov 02, 2017
mazimee:
As creepy as this animal is, you people still got so tasty and cooked it for a meal?

Una go eat goblins one day.

Na all this eating everything they bring diseases like monkey pox.

22 Likes

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by enigmaticlion: 11:58am On Nov 02, 2017
RapportNaija:
I don't know the right segment to put my "Monitor Lizard" story grin

So, I was feeling bored and was about to hit the streets about noon yesterday when I heard a knock on my front gate.

It was our neighbor, who's a friend to my Papa, and he was gonna come check the trap he and my Papa set for some Monitor Lizard they'd been spotting for a few weeks.

This animal is so sly that it always eat the bait in the trap and always escape it every time until yesterday.

This time, they used three chicken eggs as bait and the alligator done swallowed the tree, and was about to snuck out when it got trapped.

I heard my name and I ran outside to go see what's up, only to see our neighbor slapping life outta the animal with a machete and a coy smile on his mouth. Immediately, he put a call through to my Papa to announce their latest catch and I could tell they were exhilarated.

I made my way out to the streets and never got to see the pepper soup made with the animal's meat.

There are more in my backyard because it's a swampy area, and we let the place be with river weeds and all. Kinda like a natural park, because we get to see different animals out here doing their thing. Snakes, frogs, different birds like flamingoes, and all. We still have the tortoise (last pic) that made its way into our compound. I'm waiting to see a crocodile come into my compound, I will be ready. And guys - this is no village or forest. This is Lagos!

Enjoy the pics and imagine what it could've looked liked in the pot. The monitor lizard is not hot, Man's can never be hot. The ting go Skrrrr Skrr Pap Pa Pa... Lalasticlala Big Man Ting grin
god don pick your call my brother. Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by asawanathegreat(m): 11:59am On Nov 02, 2017
Launch is ready for u
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by CynthiaChi(f): 11:59am On Nov 02, 2017
Wow.... People actually eat this?
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Patented: 11:59am On Nov 02, 2017
guiderland1 what area of lagos and am interested in the tortoise
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by eliadekx(m): 11:59am On Nov 02, 2017
Alligator not monitoring lizard
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by OCTAVO: 11:59am On Nov 02, 2017
cheesy
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by OCTAVO: 11:59am On Nov 02, 2017
CynthiaChi:
Wow.... People actually eat this?
Sure
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by deafeyez: 11:59am On Nov 02, 2017
If u eat that animal with paper soup eh come go meet woman hmmmmm
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by YourWife(f): 11:59am On Nov 02, 2017
Two plus two is four, minus one that's three, quick maths!

6 Likes

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by OCTAVO: 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
eliadekx:
Alligator not monitoring lizard
Correct.
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by yaqq: 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
one of my favourite meat
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by yaqq: 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2017
deafeyez:
go meet woman to do wetin? u must complete this gist
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Oblongata: 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2017
Something wey dey hustle jeje
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by fresherdanU: 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2017
NONSENSE STORY
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by CynthiaChi(f): 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2017
OCTAVO:
Sure
I am still gonna say 'wow'.... I guess everyone has different tastes
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Kendroid: 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2017
deafeyez:

Talking outta experience? undecided
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by mckazzy(m): 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2017
Na because of this small thing u wrote this long epistle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Hizayus(m): 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2017
Naija i hail thee... Everything dey enter belle

1 Like

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Hizayus(m): 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2017
Naija i hail thee... Everything dey enter belle
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Rubbiish(m): 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2017
So person go bold eat this thing
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Zane2point4(m): 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2017
If u use my pot cook this i will throw away the pot, since a saw a corper eating a snake i hvnt been my self since that day since, freaky cold blooded reptile you wana eat?
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
shocked

That creature is not so much bigger than an Agama lizard.

With the rate of hunger in Nigeria, many will soon start eating wall gecko.

Gecko pepper soup!

1 Like

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Evesoplc(m): 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2017

Op, where is your area in Lagos?. I'll love to carry out a biodiversity survey. I'm a wildlife lecturer.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos) / See Snake Killed At A Nairalander's Site: What's The Name? / A Black Cobra Killed This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.