Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception (16046 Views)

Governor Wike Lauds Ortom For Defending Benue During Herdsmen Invasion / ‘Forgive Buhari On Certificate': Lai Mohammed Blames PDP, Says Video "Doctored" / Don’t Crucify Ortom For Leaving APC, Says Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by November1857(m): 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2021
Bauchi gov blames Ortom for Fulani’s negative perception

Says herdsmen carry AK47 rifles for self defence against rustlers

By Charly Agwam – Bauchi
Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed has blamed his Benue State counterpart, Governor Samuel Ortom, and his ‘lack of foresight’ for the negative perception of Fulani herders in the country.

Speaking on the theme “The role of the Media in Promoting Peace and Unity in Nigeria”, which marked the closing ceremony of 2021 Correspondents’ Chapel Week organized by Correspondents’ Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, Bauchi State council, the governor lamented that the herder/farmers cattle was poorly handled by Benue state governor.

He cautioned Ortom and some governors of southern states to guard against their controversial utterances and policies in order not to threaten the peace and unity of the country.

He said: “Unconstructive criticisms bring a lot of hatred and sometimes we are quick to go to the press on issues that are dividing us. I will tell you something that I tell my colleagues about the farmers-herders clashes in Nigeria: He (Governor Ortom) started all these.

“If you don’t accommodate other tribes, there will be challenges because we also accommodate other tribes in Bauchi and other places. We have many Tiv people farming in Alkaleri, Tafawa Balewa, and Bogoro in Bauchi State. Has anybody told them to go? No, because they have inalienable rights to be here.

We have people living in Bauchi for over 150 years, even before the birth of Nigeria. Nobody is talking to them to go and some of them have risen to become Permanent Secretaries in governments of Bauchi, Borno, and so on.”

“You have seen what our colleagues in the southwest and southeastern states are doing. We have told them with all modesty that they are wrong. But the person that is most wrong is my brother and colleague Governor of Benue State, Governor Ortom,” he said.

The governor further lamented that pastoralists in the country, particularly Fulanis are being maligned even though most of them have become victims of cattle rustlers who have dispossessed them of their commonwealth and they ‘have no option than to carry AK47 because the society and the government are not protecting him’.

“Something that is so bad and can destroy us, something that is threatening the peace and unity of the country, we must not toy with it. In this regard, I must commend the Governor of Plateau State, Governor Simon Lanlong for promoting the peace of the country.

Despite Lalong’s minority’s background, he is leading the northern governor’s forum, Lalong is focused and unity driven. We need people like Lalong because the fights between herders and farmers in Plateau State have stopped because of justice and equity, because of patriotism and community engagement, and fostering understanding between the diverse ethnic groups and that is what we are doing in Bauchi. Everybody is important and so the media must make sure they promote unity and peace of the country,” he added.

Earlier in his address, Chairman of the Correspondents Chapel, Ahmed Mohammed, cautioned journalists against misusing their constitutional power to promote disunity and disaffection among Nigerians.

“I want to yet again appeal to my dear colleagues to be cautious in their reportage. One wrongly-worded headline can spark a fire that may burn down the entire nation or cause irreparable damages to the society or the person(s) affected. You may feel that he can retract a story, but news stories are like oil, you can attempt to wipe the spill but you may never get it all back,” the Chairman said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/bauchi-gov-blames-ortom-for-fulanis-negative-perception/

5 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by Arewa1stSon: 10:07pm On Feb 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by maiunguwar: 10:14pm On Feb 11, 2021
This Bauchi state gov.is a confirmed baste red.He didn't blame the Fulani terrorist herdsmen for wiping out entire villages,but Ortom for speaking out against the Fulani atrocities.

220 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:15pm On Feb 11, 2021
No peace lover will agitate for peace when all the pieces are
yet to rest in pieces peace.

Buhari, a good man with evil intentions

6 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by backnbeta(f): 10:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
Blame Ortom for speaking up These guys are so dumb and wicked, I wonder what kind of fate joined us together with them! He said the foolanis are carrying weapons because nobody is protecting them from cow rustlers, will it be okay for every farmer to go about with dangerous weapons because nobody is protecting them from the killer herders? undecided

188 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by NwaNimo1(m): 10:27pm On Feb 11, 2021

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by seunmsg(m): 10:28pm On Feb 11, 2021
PDP governor of Bauchi state blaming PDP governor of Benue state for the herdsmen vs farmers crisis. Sigh!

I hope those of you thinking Atiku would have handled the criminality of the herdsmen differently are reading what the Hausa-Fulani governor of Bauchi is saying. The fact that Atiku has not said anything about the crisis says a lot about where is loyalty is. If Nigerians ever make the mistake of voting in another Fulani man in 2023, it’s all over for the country.

143 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by jlinkd78(m): 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2021
All hail all lovers of freedom
Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by SamNaijaboy: 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2021
This Bala Mohamed is emblematic of all that is bedeviling Nigeria.
He was the one that said Fulani man anywhere is from Nigeria.
Guy is a silly old corrupt thief who needs to shut up.
Thought he was just a thief but apparently he is a Fulani supremacist too.

November1857:

By Charly Agwam – Bauchi
Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed has blamed his Benue State counterpart, Governor Samuel Ortom, and his ‘lack of foresight’ for the negative perception of Fulani herders in the country.

Speaking on the theme “The role of the Media in Promoting Peace and Unity in Nigeria”, which marked the closing ceremony of 2021 Correspondents’ Chapel Week organized by Correspondents’ Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, Bauchi State council, the governor lamented that the herder/farmers cattle was poorly handled by Benue state governor.

He cautioned Ortom and some governors of southern states to guard against their controversial utterances and policies in order not to threaten the peace and unity of the country.

He said: “Unconstructive criticisms bring a lot of hatred and sometimes we are quick to go to the press on issues that are dividing us. I will tell you something that I tell my colleagues about the farmers-herders clashes in Nigeria: He (Governor Ortom) started all these.

“If you don’t accommodate other tribes, there will be challenges because we also accommodate other tribes in Bauchi and other places. We have many Tiv people farming in Alkaleri, Tafawa Balewa, and Bogoro in Bauchi State. Has anybody told them to go? No, because they have inalienable rights to be here.

We have people living in Bauchi for over 150 years, even before the birth of Nigeria. Nobody is talking to them to go and some of them have risen to become Permanent Secretaries in governments of Bauchi, Borno, and so on.”

“You have seen what our colleagues in the southwest and southeastern states are doing. We have told them with all modesty that they are wrong. But the person that is most wrong is my brother and colleague Governor of Benue State, Governor Ortom,” he said.

The governor further lamented that pastoralists in the country, particularly Fulanis are being maligned even though most of them have become victims of cattle rustlers who have dispossessed them of their commonwealth and they ‘have no option than to carry AK47 because the society and the government are not protecting him’.

“Something that is so bad and can destroy us, something that is threatening the peace and unity of the country, we must not toy with it. In this regard, I must commend the Governor of Plateau State, Governor Simon Lanlong for promoting the peace of the country.

Despite Lalong’s minority’s background, he is leading the northern governor’s forum, Lalong is focused and unity driven. We need people like Lalong because the fights between herders and farmers in Plateau State have stopped because of justice and equity, because of patriotism and community engagement, and fostering understanding between the diverse ethnic groups and that is what we are doing in Bauchi. Everybody is important and so the media must make sure they promote unity and peace of the country,” he added.

Earlier in his address, Chairman of the Correspondents Chapel, Ahmed Mohammed, cautioned journalists against misusing their constitutional power to promote disunity and disaffection among Nigerians.

“I want to yet again appeal to my dear colleagues to be cautious in their reportage. One wrongly-worded headline can spark a fire that may burn down the entire nation or cause irreparable damages to the society or the person(s) affected. You may feel that he can retract a story, but news stories are like oil, you can attempt to wipe the spill but you may never get it all back,” the Chairman said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/bauchi-gov-blames-ortom-for-fulanis-negative-perception/

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by Gondonu: 10:32pm On Feb 11, 2021
So governor Ortom asked the Fulanis to be causing the senseless killings and deaths being perpetuated by his Fulanis brethren? Glorified Idiot! angry

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by Penguin2: 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2021
If herdsmen are justified to carry AK47 because of cattle rustlers, then every Nigerian is justified to carry AK47 as self defense against kidnappers.

This people are just outrightly brainless.

You talk of Tiv farming in Bauchi, how many people have they killed? How many villages have they sacked?

There are things you don't just compare.

The Fulanis should make sure to enthrone another Fulani as president if not....

94 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by princdebola201(m): 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2021
Wailers re confused. One pdp gov fighting another PDP gov because of killer herdsmen

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by descarado: 10:37pm On Feb 11, 2021
SamNaijaboy:
This Bala Mohamed is emblematic of all that is bedeviling Nigeria.
He was the one that said Fulani man anywhere is from Nigeria.
Guy is a silly old corrupt thief who needs to shut up.
Thought he was just a thief but apparently he is a Fulani supremacist too.

Yeah, he is a fulani supremacist and a major supporter of boko.
Ac

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by Rugaria: 10:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
In all these vituperations, this mistake of a human being never apportioned any sort of blame to his fulani brothers! That's telling! This is the man who went to channels TV to explain how the Ruga programme will be used to lure fulanis from other parts of Africa into Nigeria and how he is ready in bauchi with enough "lush green lands with fauna" to welcome them. None of them blames the fulanis no matter thelevel of carnage and destruction wrought by these characters. When Agatu in Benue was on fire, Bala Mohammed was quiet. Infact, the way fulani elite carry on these days, it's as if they are genuinely surprised with the push back against the herdsmen across the country! You get the feeling that somehow , they are convinced in their actions and don't understand why other people should protest for being killed...

80 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by xtocom: 10:40pm On Feb 11, 2021
[quote author=seunmsg post=98978125]PDP governor of Bauchi state blaming PDP governor of Benue state for the herdsmen vs farmers crisis. Sigh!

Apc Governor of Kano blaming Apc Governor of kaduna State for the.... anyway, this insecurities know not political parties.

10 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by 143WaZoBia: 10:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
Hallelujah yeye mod commot my comment still ban me. You for leave the comment as reason for me being banned.

On the subject matter.
Nigeria is going to be a country as long as no tribe or religion try to lord over the other.
Imagine one dirty thing de lord over me.

9 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by seunmsg(m): 10:47pm On Feb 11, 2021
[quote author=xtocom post=98978374][/quote]

Fulani Ganduje did not blame Fulani El Rufai for the insecurity in the country. He only said El-Rufai did not understand the level of insecurity in the country. How can you compare that to Fulani Bala Muhammad blaming Tiv Ortom for the herders vs farmers crisis? Make una dey dear God now !

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by tyup(m): 10:50pm On Feb 11, 2021
seunmsg:
PDP governor of Bauchi state blaming PDP governor of Benue state for the herdsmen vs farmers crisis. Sigh!

I hope those of you thinking Atiku would have handled the criminality of the herdsmen differently are reading what the Hausa-Fulani governor of Bauchi is saying. The fact that Atiku has not said anything about the crisis says a lot about where is loyalty is. If Nigerians ever make the mistake of voting in another Fulani man in 2023, it’s all over for the country.

One like for you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by nairalandankrah: 10:52pm On Feb 11, 2021
November1857:

By Charly Agwam – Bauchi

He cautioned Ortom and some governors of southern states to guard against their controversial utterances and policies in order [[s]s]not to threaten the peace and unity of the country.[/s][/s]

Unity key u dere

2 Likes

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 11, 2021
seunmsg:

My beloved brother, fear not. Nigerians will vote in an Igbo man. Now please tell your brothers to stop frustrating PMB's government, which to most of you, is "Fulani".. Cos it's affecting all of us, not only PMB... Fulani ain't contesting again in 2023. Na Igbo man we go vote. So sheathe your sword... cheesy

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by ChoCho54(f): 10:59pm On Feb 11, 2021
tyup:

One like for you
Lmao...
abobaku.
Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by seunmsg(m): 11:00pm On Feb 11, 2021
SilverNorGold:

My beloved brother, fear not. Nigerians will vote in an Igbo man. So please tell your brothers to stop frustrating PMB's government.

This is not about PMB’s government but insecurity. Tell the criminal to quit crime and start conducting themselves peacefully all over the country. The insecurity they are causing all over the country is what is frustrating PMB’s government. If you guys love the president, stop raping, killing and kidnapping.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by RenaissanceGuy: 11:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
Samuel ortom may have failed in other indices of governance, but his proactive action against the mass slaughter of Benue, by protest-quitting APC and enacting the first anti grazing bill, has made him a hero sort of, in my eyes.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 11, 2021
seunmsg:

This is not about PMB’s government but insecurity. Tell the criminal to quit crime and start conducting themselves peacefully all over the country. The insecurity they are causing all over the country is what is frustrating PMB’s government. If you guys love the president, stop raping, killing and kidnapping.

My brother, also tell your criminal brothers to stop ritual killings, Yahoo, armed robbery, kidnapping, rape and other criminal acts...

I have been telling people, irrespective of their tribes, to shun crime and will always do. Unlike you, I don't criminalize entire tribes. Let those who commit crime be punished. No need reenacting the Criminal Tribes Act.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by TimeManager(m): 11:23pm On Feb 11, 2021
November1857:

Has any fulani ever condemned the atrocities of the killer herdsmen?.. Are they not all the same?
A fulani governor has come out in the open to admit to the atrocities of his tribesmen. They say " Not all fulani are criminal" but they will always shield their criminals and make excuses for them.
He is blaming Gov. Ortom whom 73 of his people were butchered in one night by fulani herdsmen while absorbing the killers of any blame.
The puta jalons are a curse to Nigeria.

kiss the truth!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by TimeManager(m): 11:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
SilverNorGold:

My brother, also tell your criminal brothers to stop ritual killings, Yahoo, armed robbery, kidnapping, rape and other criminal acts...

I have been telling people, irrespective of their tribes, to shun crime and will always do. Unlike you, I don't criminalize entire tribes. Let those who commit crime be punished. No need reenacting the Criminal Tribes Act.

God bless Nigeria.
Whatever crime the Southerners commit in the south, do they go about it in the north?. Do they make the north unhabitable for you the way your brothers rape, kill and kidnap in the south?.
Restrict your madness in the north as you do Bokoharam in the north.

kiss the truth!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by obi4eze(m): 11:39pm On Feb 11, 2021
Nonsense.
Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 11, 2021
TimeManager:

Whatever crime the Southerners commit in the south, do they go about it in the north?. Do they make the north unhabitable for you the way your brothers rape, kill and kidnap in the south?.
Restrict your madness in the north as you do Bokoharam in the north.

kiss the truth!

My brother, perhaps you should do some google search. Criminals from various tribes are being arrested in the North daily. And no one is justifying criminals, don't get me wrong. My point is deal with the criminals and leave their tribes out of it..

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by Tumbulum: 11:52pm On Feb 11, 2021
This northerners has maintained their stand and have not in anyway condemned the Fulani herdsmen. Infact many of them act surprised that there is a push back by Nigerians against the Fulani herdsmen.more like they were just expecting all of us to just keep mute while the carry on with the blood letting killing and raping women.
We are getting their and the worst they can do right now is to try a reprisal against southerners living in the North. It will be the shortest route the much desired disintegration of the country. I don't want to share this country with this kind of beings who are so low in thinking.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bala Mohammed Blames Ortom For Fulani’s Negative Perception by TimeManager(m): 11:55pm On Feb 11, 2021
SilverNorGold:

My brother, perhaps you should do some google search. Criminals from various tribes are being arrested in the North daily. And no one is justifying criminals, don't get me wrong. My point is deal with the criminals and leave their tribes out of it..

God bless Nigeria.
From your own Google search, perhaps your media reports, can you point us where Yoruba or Igbo rape, kill and kidnap in the north for whatever reasons.

How are you going to deal with criminals who are emboldened by the President body language. Criminals who are being escorted by soldiers to graze on people's farmlands. Many times, police would not move a muscle without an order from above.
e go be last last.

kiss the truth!

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Monguno: Ahmed Rufai's appointment In Order, He Never Failed Any Promotion Exam / Charly Boy: 'Fixing Nigeria With Area Fada' Live Today At Merit House, Abuja / Corruption And Armed Robbery Which Is Worse???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.