Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka (1629 Views)

Obasanjo: It's Ridiculous To Believe That Buhari Has Died (Video) / Breaking News: Yahoo Also Agrees That Buhari Is An Impostor / "That Buhari Has Igbo Driver And Cook & Not Tribalistic Is A Lie" - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by ExAngel007(f): 10:54pm On Feb 11, 2021
Wole Soyinka, has said he doesn't believe that
President Buhari is in charge of the country.
According to the Noble laureate, the manner
the President has so far handled insecurity,
suggests that he doesn't have a full grasp of
how bad it is.

Speaking in an interview with Arise TV, Soyinka
said he doesn’t see any proof that the president
understands how much needs to be done in terms
of improving security.

“I have said this before and I wish to
repeat this. Buhari does not appreciate
the situation; he doesn’t understand. I
see no evidence that he understands how
grave the situation is. I have said it
again and again, I don’t believe that he
is in charge, because it is not possible in
my view for a head of state,
commander-in-chief of the armed
forces, to say he is presiding over a
nation and things get to this level.

Something is critically wrong within the
leadership of this nation and that is
where we civilians must come in. You
must pick up this slack for our own
situation, our own salvation, and this is
one of the things we engaged in and
that is why I resent this becoming
individualised. Wole Soyinka is just
another individual, just like another
farmer, another student and I wanted
people to understand this.

What happened to me with this incident
is just typical of what is happening to
millions of people all over the country
and we cannot just sit still” he said

https://punchng.com/herdsmen-crisis-i-dont-believe-buhari-is-in-charge-says-soyinka/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qTAyfx7X9Q
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by Xscape1993(m): 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2021
We know he is not in charge sir. What a great country rule by unfortunate people!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by PrinceOfLagos: 11:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
Shame on you prof for the role you played in installing this useless government in 2015.

A big shame on you .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by chatinent: 11:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
I never expected anything from human's government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by BENARI: 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
Are you afraid to say what's on your mind just like Obasanjo and many others; that you doubt the person there is really Buhari?

We know what you guys say behind closed doors vs what you say in public. Bunch of cowards

6 Likes

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by BENARI: 11:12pm On Feb 11, 2021
chatinent:
I never expected anything from human's government.

Your Governing Body of Jw's are no better o
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by Dabronze(m): 11:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
I tought as much sir ! because right now am really confuse
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by IduNaOba: 11:35pm On Feb 11, 2021
Ụna go later confess.
MNK warned you all

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by Tumbulum: 11:39pm On Feb 11, 2021
Very apt in his response. The bulk falls on buhari table to put an end to this nonsense that the herdsmen are doing. They may get away with all the death and destruction that they caused in the North let them realize that the dynamics will take a different shape in the south.militias are already rising up to defend their land.
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by dollytino4real(f): 11:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
bishop Oyedepo was shouting don't vote for who will kill u! instead all of u guys tamed him now who is crying like baby now! prophet are agent of GOD who tells u what GOD is saying per time

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by nedu666: 11:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
Oga soyinka knows the truth but is still doing political correctness. Continue
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by chigoziri2403(m): 5:54am On Feb 12, 2021
Ask osibanjio, he knows Who is in charge.
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by osscarr(m): 6:02am On Feb 12, 2021
Oga Soyinka leave story
e shock you abi?
Buhari is your man n he is in charge
you and ur goons brought this plague on this country
U failed this country by supporting a known mad man to power
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 6:16am On Feb 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Shame on you prof for the role you played in installing this useless government in 2015.

A big shame on you .

Will you people ever shut up and let others discuss constructively and productively without this silly message you have been repeating daily and tediously for years? It is called democracy.

Do you want to start criminalizing the constitutional rights of Nigerians to vote and be voted for? If elected leaders don't perform they get replaced. Simple.

Only throwback, like Igbos, sit around pining for a misruler like Jonathan while trying to vote-shame everyone who believed, at the time, Buhari was the right man to lead Nigeria.

Unless you want all Nigerians to have the power of clairvoyance you should be able to see it is you Igbos who are very unreasonable, vindictive and vendetta-driven people who cannot function in democratic societies because you don't understand the fundamental tenets of democracy.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by Paperwhite(m): 6:21am On Feb 12, 2021
Of course no sane Nigeria should have any doubt about this issue.There is an imposter in Aso Rock otherwise there was never a time the word "FG" or "the presidency" was freely used than ever known in histroy.

While the presidential aides are now the sole sources of information the president supposed to issue himself.You cant see the president of the US delegating such responsibility anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 12, 2021
osscarr:
Oga Soyinka leave story

e shock you abi?

Buhari is your man n he is in charge

you and ur goons brought this plague on this country

U failed this country by supporting a known mad man to power

See the above message. It is regrettable Yorubas have to share the same nation with you undemocratic, vindictive and vendetta-driven IPOBians who cant abide by the simple democratic tenet of majority rule as others are able to do with ease worldwide.

Buhari had the majority mandate of Nigerians. If you Igbos are a democratic people, respectful of the choice of the majority, you will naturally desist from this undemocratic and hateful message you regurgitate daily and irritatingly.

It is like you guys are toddler others have to teach everything to include even the most basic of human refinement. You people are reprehensively uncivilized plus backward in thinking and outlook. No better than a savage and vengeful barbarian lynch mob.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by chatinent: 7:18am On Feb 12, 2021
BENARI:

Your Governing Body of Jw's are no better o

They are not rulers.
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by Charmingrascal(m): 7:44am On Feb 12, 2021
He is obviously not in charge
We have a mannequin in Aso Rock.
The first left the Country for months because she knows the man in Aso Rock is not Buhari.

What other evidence do we need?

Very soon as God liveth, whatever they concealed will be exposed by an insider.
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by LegacyB: 7:57am On Feb 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

A big shame on you .
A need to respect wisdom. He isn’t rigid as u think. There was enough reasons for 2015 don’t take us back there. But that doesn’t mean he can’t comment when things are going badly. Our loyalty is not to an individual it’s to the country. So get over this Buhari versus Jonathan squabble.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by orikoku: 7:59am On Feb 12, 2021
Is not in charge anymore cabals have hijacked this country.
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by osscarr(m): 11:46am On Feb 12, 2021
OneTemplate:

See the above message. It is regrettable Yorubas have to share the same nation with you undemocratic, vindictive and vendetta-driven IPOBians who cant abide by the simple democratic tenet of majority rule as others are able to do with ease worldwide.

Buhari had the majority mandate of Nigerians. If you Igbos are a democratic people, respectful of the choice of the majority, you will naturally desist from this undemocratic and hateful message you regurgitate daily and irritatingly.

It is like you guys are toddler others have to teach everything to include even the most basic of human refinement. You people are reprehensively uncivilized plus backward in thinking and outlook. No better than a savage and vengeful barbarian lynch mob.

so anybody who criticises buhari is now Igbo?
sorry its not only the Igbo's that are bold enough to speak the truth in Nigeria.
So, what's all this ur rant all about? does it change the fact that Soyinka influenced his people to make the decision that has brought Nigeria to her knee's; knowing the anticidents of this same mad man when he was in power b4?

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by BlackfireX: 12:08pm On Feb 12, 2021
Come the yorubas should tell this over priced writer to respect himself, how dare he insult buhari... How dare he

Ordinary FRSC Soyinka can't handle , he ran away...

Come and be president let me see
North 2023
South take note
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2021
oga na now you dey know? i hv long notice n believe he is not in control anymore since 2017!
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by BENARI: 5:11pm On Feb 12, 2021
chatinent:

They are not rulers.

What is the meaning of the phrase "governing body?" And yet you said not to expect anything from human government. Are the governing body of JW's not humans?

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by TANID(m): 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2021
Xscape1993:
We know he is not in charge sir. What a great country rule by unfortunate people!
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by mbaise1000: 5:03pm On Feb 14, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
OneTemplate:

Will you people ever shut up and let others discuss constructively and productively without this silly message you have been repeating daily and tediously for years? It is called democracy.

Do you want to start criminalizing the constitutional rights of Nigerians to vote and be voted for? If elected leaders don't perform they get replaced. Simple.

Only throwback, like Igbos, sit around pining for a misruler like Jonathan while trying to vote-shame everyone who believed, at the time, Buhari was the right man to lead Nigeria.

Unless you want all Nigerians to have the power of clairvoyance you should be able to see it is you Igbos who are very unreasonable, vindictive and vendetta-driven people who cannot function in democratic societies because you don't understand the fundamental tenets of democracy.

What baffles most of us is why the rest of you wi not allow or at least support these people to leave as they always want since they don't fit with your intelligent ways, and Intelligent people like you are not supposed to make the same mistake twice, lets say buharis first term was an eye opener to the intelligent people who votedhim first term, what will be the reason for the second, I want to believe that you have accepted that buhari failed, anyways most igbos are not gloating because buhari failed, we knew he will fail, I want to also excuse you for maybe been a kid when buhari messed jakande up, do you know that without buhari, lagos would have had an underground train system today? But your people who witnessed that were ampng the people who pushed for him to be president again,
Everyone makes mistakes but the advantage of making mistake is to learn from it and take responsibility, you know the funny thing is that if buhari comes out again tomorrow, majority of you will still vote for him, do you know why?
The biggest reason will be to spite the igbo, see when people refer to us as haters, we laugh,
We are in a democracy like you said so you must accept responsibility when you chose wrongly

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by mbaise1000: 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
OneTemplate:

Buhari has the mandate of majority of you and not the majority of igbos, igbos rejected buhari two times and you chose him two times and say the truth now who is right you the 97% that chose him or the 5% that rejected him?
No one took your RIGHT to vote for him and that is why he became president but the problem here is that you don't want to take responsibility for your RIGHT to vote who you want which is what you did and when that thing you chose failed you are blaming the 5% who rejected him, if you seek the advice of a neutral on all that you said about the 5% here, he will tell you that you are all that you call us, I am thinking that your anger is because we are RIGHT again. But no one is happy at this huge failure because it is affecting both who voted and THOSE of us who did not want him, hope you will not vote someone like him again just to spite igbos

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by kawasng: 7:45pm On Feb 14, 2021
Nnamdi has told us that Buhari had died since 2007.
The man there now in aso rock is not Buhari, and has no power of his own to take any decision. Immediately after 2023 election he wl bolt away with his loot and leave you to perish in ur country. He is a lucky man.
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by lamentor78(m): 10:47pm On Feb 14, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

A big shame on you .
Ogun kill you which role did he played
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by VaselineCrew: 12:11am On Feb 15, 2021
mbaise1000:
[color=#006600][/color]

What baffles most of us is why the rest of you wi not allow or at least support these people to leave as they always want since they don't fit with your intelligent ways, and Intelligent people like you are not supposed to make the same mistake twice, lets say buharis first term was an eye opener to the intelligent people who votedhim first term, what will be the reason for the second, I want to believe that you have accepted that buhari failed, anyways most igbos are not gloating because buhari failed, we knew he will fail, I want to also excuse you for maybe been a kid when buhari messed jakande up, do you know that without buhari, lagos would have had an underground train system today? But your people who witnessed that were ampng the people who pushed for him to be president again,
Everyone makes mistakes but the advantage of making mistake is to learn from it and take responsibility, you know the funny thing is that if buhari comes out again tomorrow, majority of you will still vote for him, do you know why?
The biggest reason will be to spite the igbo, see when people refer to us as haters, we laugh,
We are in a democracy like you said so you must accept responsibility when you chose wrongly

Exactly bro!

They will vote for the devil just to spite igbos

and it seems it may also go both ways, as some igbos are saying the will vote for any fulani just to spite yorubas

and so the cycle may continue, with no development of the country in sight.
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by austinvsb: 2:44am On Feb 15, 2021
Oh prof! I believe he is definitely in charge............. of mastermind and orchestration.
Re: I Don’t Believe That Buhari Is In Charge - Wole Soyinka by EagleNest(m): 5:26am On Feb 15, 2021
Is Prof just waking up? Many of us are still living in denial concerning Buhari's ineptitude. He has reached his limit on what he can offer. Is it the stray cow saga that jostled Prof to reality?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where is Bornu and Ebonyi getting their money and development from? / I Am Not An Emperor: Dapo Abiodun Replies Bola Tinubu / Reason Why Pregnant Women No Longer Vomit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.