Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ (22257 Views)

Throwback Video Of Lateef Jakande On Queue To Cast His Vote In July 1979 / Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) / Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by principalgee: 12:08pm On Feb 12, 2021
No doubt: this man was a real kind hearted politician! May Almighty Allah forgive his shortcomings and grants him the highest rank of paradise.
Aaameen

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by IgboWarlord(m): 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2021
Tectono:
How come Jakande did all these things and was not allowed to go for second term? Click on the first link on my signature to master how you will be making millions of naira from export business.

The military took over,that's what happened...

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by lekki1444: 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2021
Dijita:

By close if you mean by 10,000 to 1. yes he is close. Jakande seems to be the only governor that ever serve Lagos state. By the way all higher education were tuition free in his time. His achievement was as if he ruled for ever not and not just 4yrs
and how is that an achievement ?thats the thing with the blackman, the only thing he considers an achievement is what he gets for free. do yu know the state of all the university halls of residence in all these universities because theyy were free ? its like where pigs live. you need money to maintain and upgrade things.
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by Sleekfingers: 12:12pm On Feb 12, 2021
lekki1444:
i guess if i am born in china, i am chinese grin undecided

yes u are chinese (by birth.... ).......go and read their constitution......even a lebanese born here in nigeria.....authomatically is a nigerian......
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by lekki1444: 12:18pm On Feb 12, 2021
Sleekfingers:

yes u are chinese (by birth.... ).......go and read their constitution......even a lebanese born here in nigeria.....authomatically is a nigerian......

man stop talking rubbish. its only in a progressive rich state like lagos that everybody adopts this rubbish because everyne wants to associate with the winner. why dont you as a yoruba man give birth to your son in imo state and then yur son grws up and starts saying he is from imo state ? the real igbo guys from imo state will kill him just for being an afonja claiming imo state cheesy

stop that nonsense. the real lagosian families know themself

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by bizzibodi(m): 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2021
iwaeda:

You can say that again, though he was from Kwara State!
Those that are from Lagos state can never match his achievements.
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by deobaba(m): 12:28pm On Feb 12, 2021
Bbbwings:

Stfu.
Tinubu and jakande were both governorz of lagos. The achievments of one in just 3 years dwarfed the other of 8 years.
Your kunu guzzling mentor brought an end to his government

You just had to right Despite the fact that you know you are still justifying what i said, you can't help yourself (aka obsession) What did i type what did you spew
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by Sleekfingers: 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
lekki1444:
man stop talking rubbish. its only in a progressive rich state like lagos that everybody adopts this rubbish because everyne wants to associate with the winner. why dont you as a yoruba man give birth to your son in imo state and then yur son grws up and starts saying he is from imo state ? the real igbo guys from imo state will kill him just for being an afonja claiming imo state cheesy

stop that nonsense. the real lagosian families know themself

grow up kid....this is 21st century.......my second child was born poland....so she is polish authomatically........if any of children was born in anambra.....he or she is from anambra state by birth.......he or she can contest for any political post by nigerian constitution.......yes, i am a lagosian, my wife is a nigerian( but her parents are from TOGO) .....she was born and bred here in lagos......and u expect her to say she is from togo.....a country she knows nothing about, and dont even give a darn about going there.......
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by frog12: 12:33pm On Feb 12, 2021
how come he did not come back after the pardon? the military guys are just spoilers and thugs!

LagosismyHome:

Major-General Buhari goverrnment organised a military coup in December 1983 that overthrew the democratically elected government of President Shehu Shagari

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by lekki1444: 12:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
Sleekfingers:

grow up kid....this is 21st century.......my second child was born poland....so she is polish authomatically........if any of children was born in anambra.....he or she is from anambra state by birth.......he or she can contest for any political post by nigerian constitution.......yes, i am a lagosian, my wife is a nigerian( but her parents are from TOGO) .....she was born and bred here in lagos......and u expect her to say she is from togo.....a country she knows nothing about, and dont even give a darn about going there.......
let me tell yu something, this is why most cuntries dont like foreigners coming in because they dont want you to have their citizenship. let me tell you about china. if you a foreigner marry a chinese woman and give birth to a half chinese baby who is born in china ? that child will never be given a chinese citizenship. they will never give that child their passport. but they will givethe child residency permit but no citizenship. thats how serious this thing is. its not where you are born, its your lineage and heritage
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by frog12: 12:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
who you dey call frog? grin grin grin grin

azpekuliar:
Na wa oo see enduring projects executed within 4 years. Meanwhile the frog eyed one and his stooges will just manage to build one pedestrian bridge and name it after him
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by frog12: 12:37pm On Feb 12, 2021
and you get chinese wey dey join government for south africa. even a police inspector in zambia

lekki1444:
let me tell yu something, this is why most cuntries dont like foreigners coming in because they dont want you to have their citizenship. let me tell you about china. if you a foreigner marry a chinese woman and give birth to a half chinese baby who is born in china ? that child will never be given a chinese citizenship. they will never give that child their passport. but they will givethe child residency permit but no citizenship. thats how serious this thing is. its not where you are born, its your lineage and heritage
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by lekki1444: 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2021
frog12:
and you get chinese wey dey join government for south africa. even a police inspector in zambia

well those guys have low self esteem so they think the chinese is better. thats why.

but job and citizenship is two different things. if you are skilled yu can work anywhere
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by Toks2008(m): 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2021
My dad loved him so much.

Pics of my dad n mum as well.as Jakande and his wife in 1992 at the wedding ceremony of my sis.

The best Governor Nigeria has ever produced.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by bizzibodi(m): 12:44pm On Feb 12, 2021
Hmm! Baba kekere I benefited from his free quality education back then.
No Lagos government can match his achievements,see massive housing & agric estates everywhere.
His colleagues are all gone.

3 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by Brunicekid(m): 12:46pm On Feb 12, 2021
Tectono:
How come Jakande did all these things and was not allowed to go for second term? Click on the first link on my signature to master how you will be making millions of naira from export business.
Military took over the government in 1983...There was nothing like democracy again as at then.

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by lekki1444: 12:50pm On Feb 12, 2021
Sleekfingers:

i have a better scenario for you. a kwara man is born in abia state. then he grows up and tries to contest for the gvernorship of abia state saying he is an abian because he was born there. lolzzzz those abia boys will first ask him who is your father and what village in abia does he come from ? after which they will proceed to decapitate him and enjoy his head as isi ewu with some chilled palmwine

this man stop talking nonsense. the world does not work like that

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by iwaeda: 12:53pm On Feb 12, 2021
sunkomite:

Proudly Igbomina son. We are the igbo of yorubaland even thou geographically, we are ceded to North Central, we remain 100% yoruba. One love my brother. I am from Ilala in Irepodun LGA ofKwara State.[color=#000099][/color]

Ala le Igbomina agbe oo. Is it not late Orisabunmi's town. I am from Irepodun too, Omu Aran is LG Headquarters. Ako ire oko dele. Oloun odawa si.
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by Lagoon0: 12:57pm On Feb 12, 2021
SuperBold:

Why are you fixated on his kwara link. As far as you are from SW/Yoruba Lagos is your home
Says who?

Don't be delusional , we are proud of lateef jakande as he's a lagosians doesn't change the fact that if you're not indigene of Lagos you'll need indigene acknowledgement to do certain things

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by frog12: 12:58pm On Feb 12, 2021
hehehehehehehe

lekki1444:
well those guys have low self esteem so they think the chinese is better. thats why.

but job and citizenship is two different things. if you are skilled yu can work anywhere

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by Lagoon0: 1:02pm On Feb 12, 2021
post=98989916:

From a Reliable source : Lagos State University (LASU) will soon be renamed Lateef Jakande University (LJU).

You heard it from dem MANNA first!

We only wonder why it has to be after his death that they are doing this.

From all of us @[/b] : RIP SIR.

[b]He was a great man.
He lived a Good life.
His legacy lives on.
I trust lagosians massive protest against that. New estate should be named after him not LaSu.

Unilag that don't even have aluta spirit even protested when they wanted to change their name.

Trust e no fit happen, tho I respect jakande but this one no fit happen. Our eyes are open
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by azpekuliar: 1:04pm On Feb 12, 2021
bizzibodi:

Those that are from Lagos state can never match his achievements.

Abi ooo.. we see them everyday in Lagos Island. A bunch of entitled lazy lot
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by Lagoon0: 1:10pm On Feb 12, 2021
Sleekfingers:

whe will all these state of origin bullshit end? Bunch of brainless nigerians........jakande was born and bred in lagos....so he is a lagosian.......omu aran ko, omu aso oke ni.......yeye dey smell
But you tell Igbo born in Lagos, that they're visitors right.

Until indigeneship be ban in Nigeria constitution you born and being a lagosian don't make you indigene.
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by Lagoon0: 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2021
iwaeda:

Can you say so for all ibos, hausas born and bred in Lagos, but when elections come, you denied them of active participations. See your head cool
Don't mind these people. Hypocrisy sometimes ago someone was boasting to me in akure that our governor in Lagos is from ondo origin(ambode) , that I should stop claiming Lagos natives . funny thing is they were much speaking with same voice and told me no one is Lagos indigene.
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by WORLDPEACE(m): 1:26pm On Feb 12, 2021
osuofia2:
WHO ELSE NOTICE, THAT ALL NIGERIAN POLITICIANS BECOMES GOOD ONCE THEY ARE DEAD. LETS CALL A SPADE A SPADE PLS. STOP IDOLISING KNOWN CROOKS.
APART FROM BUHARI ALL NIGERIAN POLITICIANS ARE THIEFS.

Just search the man's name on this platform, you'd see that those who know him have been celebrating him before his death. Especially people who are against Tinubu in Lagos state.

I think the man's misstep of becoming a minister under Abacha's evil regime while many were fighting Abacha was what killed him politically in the South West. Naturally, when those people who were in the NADECO struggle started reaping their reward politically, he could not join them at the table.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by Neyomickey1: 1:27pm On Feb 12, 2021
iwaeda:

Awa Kwara are proud of our achievements in Lagos. Go to Isale Agbede, Surulere, Yaba, Oyingbo our trade mark of being industrious are stamped everywhere. Educationally we are there, check our students in Unilag and LASU. We are not thugs or destroyers. Proudly Igbomina, reason we are celebrating Baba Oni Jakande lati Omu Aran, Igbomina.

In as much I concur with the aforementioned listed of achievement of Igbomina/Omu Aran/Kwara people in Lagos, you technically didn’t mention the contribution of Ganiyu Oyedepo alias Koko Zaria ( a popular NURTW member in Lagos).� �
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by theoplus21: 1:51pm On Feb 12, 2021
lets wait and see tinubu achievements when he dies
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by OlawaleBammie: 1:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
iwaeda:

Awa Kwara are proud of our achievements in Lagos. Go to Isale Agbede, Surulere, Yaba, Oyingbo our trade mark of being industrious are stamped everywhere. Educationally we are there, check our students in Unilag and LASU. We are not thugs or destroyers. Proudly Igbomina, reason we are celebrating Baba Oni Jakande lati Omu Aran, Igbomina.

Thump up bro

I like it wen someone remeber is home/root.

Unlike some noisy neighbours
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by OlawaleBammie: 1:54pm On Feb 12, 2021
Triangles1:
Story Story.... Story.

In other news, Kwara people are humble, industrious, they're loyal to the call they don't tolerate nonsense just like Idi Agbon reason why they gave them State of harmony, so they should investigate Lai Mohammed if truly he's from Kwara.

Is engineer lie mohamed from kwara??
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by Fadahunsi(m): 2:04pm On Feb 12, 2021
I find it amusing to think that it is the same Kwara State that gave Lagos a Lateef Jakande that is giving us Lai Mohammed.
Re: Lateef Jakande: 10 Facts About Lagos State’s Iconic Former ‘Action Governor’ by Sleekfingers: 2:08pm On Feb 12, 2021
lekki1444:
i have a better scenario for you. a kwara man is born in abia state. then he grows up and tries to contest for the gvernorship of abia state saying he is an abian because he was born there. lolzzzz those abia boys will first ask him who is your father and what village in abia does he come from ? after which they will proceed to decapitate him and enjoy his head as isi ewu with some chilled palmwine

this man stop talking nonsense. the world does not work like that

that child is from abia state....if that person know his or her onions , he or she can contest for any polical post in abia state....that what the law says.......they might say he is not an indegine...but he is from that state.....

Any igbo born here in lagos can contest for governor ....and i will vote for him/her if he is capable.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Matawalle Arrives To A Heroic Homecoming As He Visits His Hometown (pics/video) / Sokoto Donates 20 New Motorcycles To DSS (photos) / See How The Queen Of England Greeted Haile Selassie (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.