Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Banks Rejection Of Foreign currency Deposit And Crypto Currency Ban - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banks Rejection Of Foreign currency Deposit And Crypto Currency Ban (311 Views)

APC Fingers Saraki In Ndume’s Rejection Of Lawan As Senate President / Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ / Buhari’s Rejection Of Electoral Bill, An Act Of Desperation – CUPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks Rejection Of Foreign currency Deposit And Crypto Currency Ban by thesolutions(m): 11:42am On Feb 12, 2021
Are these two related

I was in a bank today for a transaction when three different persons came in wanting to make dollar deposit but were told that wont be possible at the moment.

The bank gave it reason as been that they are receiving dollar deposit without receiving request for withdrawal resulting to them exhausting the limit given to them by NDIC for dollar insurance.

I was thinking, can't these people go to bureau de change to convert these currencies to Naira and make the deposit in Naira but the thought of the amount they are looking to deposit being large for a bureau de change distracted the thought.

A second thought came in. With the ban of Crypto, Naira crashing against the dollar may be possible in coming days but that seem impossible for now seeing the amount of dollar in circulation which could result in crashing of dollar against the Naira in coming days.

What then could be the cause of these excess dollar in Nigeria market?
Re: Banks Rejection Of Foreign currency Deposit And Crypto Currency Ban by Pmedia7787: 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2021
Dollar has been going up against the naira for the past 3 months

The most clueless organization at the moment is CBN

CBN now changes policies per seconds

Official rate is 395

Most banks do 425
Re: Banks Rejection Of Foreign currency Deposit And Crypto Currency Ban by Dabronze(m): 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2021
The rate @ wahich yahoo boys are getting dollar this days you will be tempt to join them even as the EFCC pursuing them. One yahoo boy in my area like that secondary shool drop- out, a frien told me he just collected $60,000 i couldn't believe untill i saw the boy with Lexus 360 2020 Model i was lambasted.

1 Like

Re: Banks Rejection Of Foreign currency Deposit And Crypto Currency Ban by thesolutions(m): 12:53pm On Feb 12, 2021
Pmedia7787:
Dollar has been going up against the naira for the past 3 months

The most clueless organization at the moment is CBN

CBN now changes policies per seconds

Official rate is 395

Most banks do 425
And stanbic IBTC Bank charged me N450.01 per Dollar

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Should Be Arrested And Tried For Treason / Hate Speech and Intolerance: Cause of the Surge Of Violence / Governor Appoint Or Depose Any Traditional Rule - Emir Of Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.