Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) (47100 Views)

Throwback Video Of Lateef Jakande On Queue To Cast His Vote In July 1979 / Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) / Jide Sanwoolu Visits Lateef Jakande, The 1st Civilian Governor Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by perdollar(m): 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2021
Good man ending in hell because of his religion. If u want to believe in a super natural being through d teachings of so called pious men, pls read there biography. Don't believe in a murderer, war monger, deceiver, child abuser etc

1 Like

Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Slidoo(m): 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2021
Well coordinated...
fergie001:
The remains of Alhaji Lateef Jakande, former Governor of Lagos state, have been laid to rest.

He died yesterday aged 91.

Alhaji Jakande was the first Civilian Governor of Lagos State (1979 - 1983), and Minister for Works (1993 - 1998).

1 Like

Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by YorubaPrince: 2:43pm On Feb 12, 2021
Abbeyme:
Adieu.

I remember the Wednesday and Friday free iced creams in my Primary School courtesy of his government.

Free Textbooks, notebooks, crayon, poster color, biros, pencils, erasers, etc.

I cannot forget the affordable and accessible education he offered.

Don't worry Tinubu would instruct his minions to keep it up. grin

1 Like

Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Jarus(m): 2:51pm On Feb 12, 2021
merits:
Is

May almighty Allah put him in aljanat firdauz,ameena.

Amin
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by kayusely70(m): 3:02pm On Feb 12, 2021
Rest Well Sir.
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Lagoon0: 3:03pm On Feb 12, 2021
post=98994817:

From a Reliable source : Lagos State University (LASU) will soon be renamed Lateef Jakande University (LJU).

You heard it from dem MANNA first!

We only wonder why it has to be after his death that they are doing this.

From all of us @[/b] : RIP SIR.

[b]He was a great man.
He lived a Good life.
His legacy lives on.
Stop posting this rubbish! It not happening I'll contact Lasu student body on this matter . stop your ignorance now.
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by naijadrivablog: 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2021
Late Pa Jakande works in Lagos is unmatched by those of Tinubu and his boys. Even till date, his work stands the test of time.
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Empiree: 3:08pm On Feb 12, 2021
I have a serious feeling that Alhaji Jakande proved to us that 4yrs is indeed enough to do a lot if the leaders have sincerity of purpose and committed to good governance. I agree that we are all guilty as charged but our leaders will take the bulk of the blame because they diplomatically made the system not to work by intentionally neglecting their primary assignment of nation building but rather embarked on looting our common resources.

There will always be criminals but some circumstances made some pple more prone to criminality. It was not this bad when we were growing up, but bad governance precipitated by greed and lack of foresight of our leaders is mostly responsible for the moral decadence.

As for the UK government, the citizens were adequately taken care of. Their leaders are serving the pple, there are systems in place that make it almost impossible to be a criminal there. I strongly believe that majority of Nigerians are ready to change for better under good leadership as we demonstrated during the mamser and WAI era, then it will be easy to deal with the few miscreants left. The leaders must change, lead by good example, provide basic things for the masses and stop the sabotage of our systems. We need a lot of reorientation of the masses especially the youths, we must revive of core values.... integrity, dignity in labour, hardwork etc. So help us God.

1 Like

Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Lagoon0: 3:08pm On Feb 12, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Simplicity of Islam

Inna li lahi was Ina lilahi rajihun

Rumour has it that Baba quite active politics when he was asked to drop money for the boys and people at a campaign rally, he boldly replied he he came not to bribe them but to serve

For Oyo State it is Bola Ige and Ajimobi, Jembewon as military

For Lagos it is Buba Marwa, Bank Anthony, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Baba , Jakande

What of tinubu @ bolded grin
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Lagoon0: 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2021
Empiree:
I have a serious feeling that Alhaji Jakande proved to us that 4yrs is indeed enough to do a lot if the leaders have sincerity of purpose and committed to good governance. I agree that we are all guilty as charged but our leaders will take the bulk of the blame because they diplomatically made the system not to work by intentionally neglecting their primary assignment of nation building but rather embarked on looting our common resources.

There will always be criminals but some circumstances made some pple more prone to criminality. It was not this bad when we were growing up, but bad governance precipitated by greed and lack of foresight of our leaders is mostly responsible for the moral decadence.

As for the UK government, the citizens were adequately taken care of. Their leaders are serving the pple, there are systems in place that make it almost impossible to be a criminal there. I strongly believe that majority of Nigerians are ready to change for better under good leadership as we demonstrated during the mamser and WAI era, then it will be easy to deal with the few miscreants left. The leaders must change, lead by good example, provide basic things for the masses and stop the sabotage of our systems. We need a lot of reorientation of the masses especially the youths, we must revive of core values.... integrity, dignity in labour, hardwork etc. So help us God.
What jakande offered less than three year vs what tinubu looted over sixteen years. I keep telling people Lagos is not growing as expected under this present leadership.

1 Like

Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by RuddyFusion(m): 3:13pm On Feb 12, 2021
Left without Christ ......go in peace
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by joefelin2345: 3:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Simplicity of Islam

Inna li lahi was Ina lilahi rajihun

Rumour has it that Baba quite active politics when he was asked to drop money for the boys and people at a campaign rally, he boldly replied he he came not to bribe them but to serve

For Oyo State it is Bola Ige and Ajimobi, Jembewon as military

For Lagos it is Buba Marwa, Bank Anthony, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Baba , Jakande

What did Ajimobi do for Oyo State if I may ask? Is it Mr Constituted Authority ?
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Ursadorable: 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2021
Such a simple way to bury...to all the politicians remember you shall be buried like this some day, use your position well to serve the masses.

Rest on good man..

1 Like

Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Deadlytruth(m): 3:55pm On Feb 12, 2021
olajizz01:
You are very correct man,had it been we still practiced regional politics, SW would have gone far in terms of development.

And should we returned to regional government today,you won't believe how this our current politicians will sit tight because of fear

But the irony of it is the North believed they were they purest,corrupt free blabla.

Meanwhile, we know the calibres of our politicians when we were governing ourself.
So you think the regional government was abolished by the North?
You and the guy you quoted need some refresher courses on how some Southerners motivated by shortsighted greed derailed Nigeria from its path of the solid foundation and world class model system of government we started with at independence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by CocoaOla: 4:01pm On Feb 12, 2021
Akanbi/akanda/Awolowo
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Ayobami7(m): 4:12pm On Feb 12, 2021
rip
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Oracleforce: 4:13pm On Feb 12, 2021
I'm very sure that pa Jakande will be cursing Tinubu in his grave for not building on the great achievement he had done....

Tinubu 8 years tenure as a governor of lagos state is a waste.....

Tell his fans to itemize Tinubu achievement as a governor of Lagos state....

The Jakande estate being enjoy by commoners in Lagos is a laudable achievement of this man...

Ambode, Tinubu, sanwoolu are all prodigal sons of Lagos state....
Fashola tried based on his vision....but the rest are just a bunch of rubbish...
I m a Yoruba boy....i have lived all my life in lagos state...im also a beneficiary of what pa Jakande made available for the commoners...
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by yetunsbay(m): 4:40pm On Feb 12, 2021
perdollar:
Good man ending in hell because of his religion. If u want to believe in a super natural being through d teachings of so called pious men, pls read there biography. Don't believe in a murderer, war monger, deceiver, child abuser etc
who agree this writer is deluded and brainwashed
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by snipernigga(m): 4:41pm On Feb 12, 2021
May his gentle and generous soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Bimpe29: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2021
Allahumo ighifirillahu war'amhu Aameen.
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by jeliliadedoja1: 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2021
Baba Jakande was one of Awolowo associates and UPN governors who gave quality education, Health care for free to my generation . We are eternally grateful to you and pray Allah bless you with Aljanat Fridous. Amin.
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Yankee101: 6:03pm On Feb 12, 2021
From dust to dust
We all leave eventually
Is your way right with God?
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Coinbased: 6:08pm On Feb 12, 2021
hmmmm
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Longman8: 6:44pm On Feb 12, 2021
Dust we shall all return. RIP SIR
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by MichaelUweh(m): 8:54pm On Feb 12, 2021
Islam are now upgrading from wrapping of the corpse on mat to a semi casket.

1 Like

Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Abbeyme: 11:31pm On Feb 12, 2021
YorubaPrince:

Don't worry Tinubu would instruct his minions to keep it up. grin

Tinu- gini?
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by PeezleOris(m): 11:10am On Feb 13, 2021
fergie001:
The remains of Alhaji Lateef Jakande, former Governor of Lagos state, have been laid to rest.

Alhaji Jakande was the first Civilian Governor of Lagos State (1979 - 1983), and Minister for Works (1993 - 1998).

Rip

Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Tudorsk(m): 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2021
Rest in perfect peace PA Jakande
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by Mocok7: 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
femifemi1:

The first Governor of Lagos State, Late Brig. Mobolaji Johnson was a selfless man, in fact, he is underrated because he was a military man. He laid the foundation for Lagos.

The only selfless Governor Lagos ever had.

He built home for the masses while the looters built houses for the rich.

He Introduced the best hygiene system through wolewole ( enter and search officers) purely for the health benefits of the Masses.

A true father and leader.

A builder and sustainer of peace.

A caliber of leader Nigeria should have.

Rest in Peace BABA, your good works have spoken, and will speak for you in Heaven.

The rest can carry their looted fund to hell...it awaits them all.
Re: Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) by AlphaSoul: 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2021
fergie001:

Itafaji and Baba Kekere!

Oh!... My memories of 1979
to the early 1980s.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vice President Shettima Officially Assumes Office (Video, Photos) / FG Appoints Adepoju Carol Wura-Ola Acting Comptroller-General Of Immigration / Inside Alex Ekwueme's House As Uche Secondus‏ Pays Condolence Visit To Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.