Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 (17873 Views)

Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by arsenal33: 6:27am On Feb 13, 2021
400billionman:

BUA just announced his own..

Is anything on ground ?
google other private refineries under construction
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by lexy2014: 7:15am On Feb 13, 2021
lordm:
Good news, but Nigeria as a country does not even have a fully functional refinery. It's a shame

That means "good news" shouldn't be in ur comment
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by lexy2014: 7:20am On Feb 13, 2021
DEEBOZZ:
Nobody stop u from competing if u have the finance to invest.
You guys should stop all these your monopoly mentality against Dangote!
WHO GOD DON BLESS, NO MAN CAN CURSE.

That's true. God blesses dangote but not with money. God blessed him with favour from govts that granted him monopoly
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by lexy2014: 7:21am On Feb 13, 2021
Ecne:
People always call Dangote and monopoly, but I struggle to see just one product that he monopolised.
Cement
Sugar
Spaghetti and macaroni
Now Petroleum

All d products u mentioned are d products he monopolised. U said "struggle to see just one product", but u ended up mentioning 4

1 Like

Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by Triangles1(m): 7:33am On Feb 13, 2021
Incognito403:

So, it's his fault that your folks refused to diversify?!

Stop giving the lame excuse for your terrible opinion.
Tell me how many products nestle has, or how many PZ has or P&G. There are many other companies that have dozens of products.

This your talk is thrash talk.

Don't worry another Government will soon take over, life is turn by turn, who hear of elephant cement now.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 13, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Na Nnamdi Kanu be your problem for life?

It's just like asking me, "na shekau be your problem in life?"

Well, yes. As far as Shekau is a problem to the whole country, then he is a problem to me as well. The. talk more of a counterfeit and laughable china made shekau.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by mu2sa2: 8:07am On Feb 13, 2021
Triangles1:
Make them just sell Nigeria to Dangote, every shit and urine he's the one, how poverty wan take finish when only one man and goons of coruptable politicians control everything.
Mr man, nobody has stopped your people from competing with Dangote. The man has footprints in not less than 10 African countries and is set to expand to US. If you don't have anything meaningful to say, keep quiet next time.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by Incognito403: 8:09am On Feb 13, 2021
Triangles1:

Don't worry another Government will soon take over, life is turn by turn, who hear of elephant cement now.
Rubbish talk. It's people like you that always look for who to blame for your undoings in life. Life is full of ups and downs. Multinational companies rundown every year once they can withstand the competition.

Up your game and stop the childish blame game. It's lame.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 13, 2021
Nuttella:
Dangote is just enjoying monopoly like he is the only one that has this country.
You people are seriously misled with ethno-religious hatred. There is no anything monopoly in Nigeria except in the minds of mentally inferior sectionals people. Many Southerners got licence and cheap loan from CBN in previous administration in the name of building modular refineries but they ended up scamming govt and diverted the money into petroleum importation. Is it not disappointing and disgusting?
Pls, try to calm down those people are smart and they know how to make it. Go and check their history and how they made it instead. When your succeed even with illegitimate business u call Jim hard worker bit if he's not among you, you create all sort of conspiracies around him.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by obailala(m): 10:54am On Feb 13, 2021
jaxxy:

It's makes no difference dangote has said he's not doing charity or even preference we are going to maintain International costs and rates instead of local costs. So this refinery is of no benefit to us besides the fact that in is located here and will probably create jobs for Nigerians. Asides that it can be located in China or Abidjan for all we care cos cost implications are same. undecided

Dangote played us
undecided
What do you mean by "Dangote played us"? Is he your father or your president or govt that owes you a favour? He's a businessman and he's out there to make profits, lots of profit. Any anger regarding this development should be directed to our leaders.

Reading comments and sentiments on this thread, the hate and bad belle against Dangote is real. Instead of fighting the leaders who refused to invest in basic amenities like this, we're busy fighting a hustling businessman who's breaking grounds and doing what others (including govts) are scared of. But I laugh, cos the hate hasn't even started. When his refinery starts and the govt finally stops all petrol imports, the real tears of blood and hatred will manifest when Dangote fixes pump price at N300.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by obailala(m): 10:58am On Feb 13, 2021
lexy2014:

All d products u mentioned are d products he monopolised. U said "struggle to see just one product", but u ended up mentioning 4
Wherr were the other businessmen when Dangote was taking over every sector?
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by lexy2014: 11:05am On Feb 13, 2021
obailala:

Wherr were the other businessmen when Dangote was taking over every sector?

1. Are u now acknowledging that dangote is a monopoly?
2. Do u think that dangote became a monopoly because he is better than other businessmen in every sector?
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by obailala(m): 11:08am On Feb 13, 2021
lexy2014:

1. Are u now acknowledging that dangote is a monopoly?
2. Do u think that dangote became a monopoly because he is better than other businessmen in every sector?
Of course Dangote is a monopoly... I saw your conversation with the other guy and had to jump in. Yes Dangote is a monopoly, and he's the most successful monopoly cos he knows how to play the game better than all others.

The typical argument is that "oh he gets favours from govt, that'swhy he's successful." But in my understanding, every single businessman out there wants to get these same undue favours from govt. So then the big question is, why is Dangote always the one who gets favoured by every single govt? North, East, West, South, Apc, PdP etc.. I think the answer to this question is that he's smarter and more daring than the others.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by jaxxy(m): 11:16am On Feb 13, 2021
obailala:
What do you mean by "Dangote played us"? Is he your father or your president or govt that owes you a favour? He's a businessman and he's out there to make profits, lots of profit. Any anger regarding this development should be directed to our leaders.

Reading comments and sentiments on this thread, the hate and bad belle against Dangote is real. Instead of fighting the leaders who refused to invest in basic amenities like this, we're busy fighting a hustling businessman who's breaking grounds and doing what others (including govts) are scared of. But I laugh, cos the hate hasn't even started. When his refinery starts and the govt finally stops all petrol imports, the real tears of blood and hatred will manifest when Dangote fixes pump price at N300.

The government can’t stop importers from importing elsewhere that pays them and then allow dangote Soley and independently fix pump price at N300. Don’t u wish ur country well? Must one man grow at the expense of a country? This same thing Atiku did with generator importers and sabotaged our power sector. It is criminal!

1 Like

Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by lexy2014: 11:22am On Feb 13, 2021
obailala:
Of course Dangote is a monopoly... I saw your conversation with the other guy and had to jump in. Yes Dangote is a monopoly, and he's the most successful monopoly cos he knows how to play the game better than all others.

The typical argument is that "oh he gets favours from govt, that'swhy he's successful." But in my understanding, every single businessman out there wants to get these same undue favours from govt. So then the big question is, why is Dangote always the one who gets favoured by every single govt? North, East, West, South, Apc, PdP etc.. I think the answer to this question is that he's smarter and more daring than the others.

It's not because he is smarter. It's because he is most a front for corrupt practices in govt. According to www qz.com:

"Between 2010 and 2015 when Dangote cement earned around 1 trillion naira ($6 billion) in profits, it paid only 12 billion naira ($72 million) in taxes—a tax rate of just over 1%."

Fact is, dangote barely pays taxes up till now. U don't get that type of concession because u are more smart and daring than ur peers.

1 Like

Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by DarkJeddi(m): 11:27am On Feb 13, 2021
PatriotExact:

It's just like asking me, "na shekau be your problem in life?"

Well, yes. As far as Shekau is a problem to the whole country, then he is a problem to me as well. The. talk more of a counterfeit and laughable china made shekau.

The topic is on Dangote and his refineries and not on the problems of your life.. shocked

When the topic is on the numerous and varied ways of how your life is in trouble,we'll do well to remember the men that make a mess of it.. grin

1 Like

Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by wman(m): 11:29am On Feb 13, 2021
GeoAfrikana:

Who's stopping you from competing? Quite the hating.

Do you know what he's gone through in life to achieve what he has? Have you heard his story before?

Stop saying what you have no knowledge of. It's dubious, sinister and hideous.

Nonsense talk.

Dangote is a monopolistic animal with illegal government support.

Borders were closed but his trucks were allowed to pass through.

His trucks litter everywhere causing a mess to our roads and endangering human lives.

Cement prices in Nigeria are one of the highest in the world.

I can go on and on, but I'll stop here.

In a free and fair economy, Dangote wouldn't be one of the richest in the word, even with his business acumen.

Billionaires like Dangote are a threat to Nigeria and not beneficial.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 13, 2021
DarkJeddi:

The topic is on Dangote and his refineries and not on the problems of your life.. shocked

When the topic is on the numerous and varied ways of how your life is in trouble,we'll do well to remember the men that make a mess of it.. grin

Ok Sir

But for now, please tell those miscreants Igbos who are following the infectiously instigating words of the depraved Nnamdi Kanu to please calm down.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by wman(m): 11:33am On Feb 13, 2021
jaxxy:

The government can’t stop importers from importing elsewhere that pays them and then allow dangote Soley and independently fix pump price at N300. Don’t u wish ur country well? Must one man grow at the expense of a country? This same thing Atiku did with generator importers and sabotaged our power sector. It is criminal!

Obailala is talking like a sycophant. In sane countries, hurful monopolies like Dangote are broken down and split into smaller companies.

Obailala here is advocating for Dangote to sell petrol at N300/liter without caring about the millions of lives that will be impoverished.

1 Like

Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by Adonkia(m): 11:34am On Feb 13, 2021
saintjimos:
how I wish , competition will be allow
BUA Cement is about to build there own refinery which will be completed in 2024, hopefully there would be competition.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by wman(m): 11:37am On Feb 13, 2021
eeetuk:
"Devakumar Edwin, executive director of capital projects and portfolio management at Dangote Group, told Arise TV that the earlier completion and products production date could not be met due to the COVID-19 pandemic that as restrictions led to delays in the shipment of equipment from abroad."

Another proof Nigerian education has not helped Nigerians who graduate from Nigerian universities to produce anything locally .

Pandemic restriction led to delays in the shipment of equipment from abroad, according to the above report. That changed oil refinery opening day.

Are Nigerian universities and leaders troubled by this report?

When this oil refinery begins and gets interrupted by equipment failures, consumers will have to wait until broken down equipment arrive from abroad.

Did these oil refinery planners factor this issue into their decisions making before thinking about building this company in Nigeria?

Shaking my head in disbelief about the quality of education Nigerians are getting from Nigerians universities!

Lmao.

Almost every factory in Nigeria make use of machinery and components imported from abroad.

The world is a global village and express shipping is now a thing.

I don't see the unnecessary calling out or insults on Nigerian universities.

Plus, these guys are smart enough to keep spare parts of certain items in their stores.

If you've worked in the engineering department of multinationals, you'll know these things.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by wman(m): 11:38am On Feb 13, 2021
Adonkia:
BUA Cement is about to build there own refinery which will be completed in 2024, hopefully there would be competition.

BUA and Dangote are birds of the same feather. Fuel will be expensive for Nigerians left to those two.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by barry75: 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2021
The project has taken too long . We were told it will take off spring of 2019, it didn't work now not even 2021 but 2022. Na wait.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by obailala(m): 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
jaxxy:

The government can’t stop importers from importing elsewhere that pays them and then allow dangote fix pump price at N300. Don’t u wish ur country well? Must one man grow at the expense of a country? This same thing Atiku did with generator importers and sabotaged our power sector. It is criminal!
Yes I absolutely wish the country well, that's why if I'm the president, I will ban all importation of petroleum products the moment Nigeria has suffcient refining capacity to meet local needs.

It is not Dangote's fault that he is the only one building such a massive refinery to take over Nigeria's entire petrol supply; so why exactly are you angry with or hating him? Dangote isnt growing at the expense of others, he's growing because others are lagging behind 'willfully'.

Since the days of OBJ, govt has been begging and begging and begging investors to build private refineries; private refining licenses have been issued over and over again to investors. But instead of building refineries, they rather used those licenses as an authorisation to go take loans and cheap FX from banks which they ended up using to import fuel and fraudulently claiming subsidy. Those are the people you hail but you now demonise Dangote for taking such a bold investment step which even successive governments are reluctant to take?

1 Like

Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by obailala(m): 12:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
wman:

Obailala is talking like a sycophant. In sane countries, hurful monopolies like Dangote are broken down and split into smaller companies.

Obailala here is advocating for Dangote to sell petrol at N300/liter without caring about the millions of lives that will be impoverished.
Huh? Sycophant? Its a pity you're not clever enough to understand my point. Where did I advocate for N300 fuel or where did I support monopoly?

For clever people reading this, I'm simply stating what is happening currently and what will inevitably happen in Nigeria when Dangote completes his refinery. I'm also pointing out why it's misplaced aggression to start hating on Dangote (a fellow citizen) for simply taking advantage of the successive failures of our useless leaders. Our anger should be against the useless leaders we elect.

Governments have been issuing licenses to private firms to build refineries but they refused to buold any; governments have been collecting loans for to finance consumption, but not to build refineries. Now Dangote has taken a daring step to do what no govt could do, but what you advocate for is the splitting of Dangote's companies?... what exactlt do we call that?
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by Triangles1(m): 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
mu2sa2:
Mr man, nobody has stopped your people from competing with Dangote. The man has footprints in not less than 10 African countries and is set to expand to US. If you don't have anything meaningful to say, keep quiet next time.

Musa are you Dangote
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by Triangles1(m): 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2021
Incognito403:

Rubbish talk. It's people like you that always look for who to blame for your undoings in life. Life is full of ups and downs. Multinational companies rundown every year once they can withstand the competition.

Up your game and stop the childish blame game. It's lame.

How is it rubbish talk, if you don't have reasonable answer please swerve, I don't know why my opinion touch you as if you're dangote
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by Incognito403: 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2021
Triangles1:

How is it rubbish talk, if you don't have reasonable answer please swerve, I don't know why my opinion touch you as if you're dangote
Actually, you should be concerned with why Dangote's success touched you as if he's the reason for your poverty.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by jaxxy(m): 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
obailala:

Yes I absolutely wish the country well, that's why if I'm the president, I will ban all importation of petroleum products the moment Nigeria has suffcient refining capacity to meet local needs.

It is not Dangote's fault that he is the only one building such a massive refinery to take over Nigeria's entire petrol supply; so why exactly are you angry with or hating him? Dangote isnt growing at the expense of others, he's growing because others are lagging behind 'willfully'.

Since the days of OBJ, govt has been begging and begging and begging investors to build private refineries; private refining licenses have been issued over and over again to investors. But instead of building refineries, they rather used those licenses as an authorisation to go take loans and cheap FX from banks which they ended up using to import fuel and fraudulently claiming subsidy. Those are the people you hail but you now demonise Dangote for taking such a bold investment step which even successive governments are reluctant to take?

I’m not hating on dangote I have admiration for him bt based on comments I’m hearing on this particular project lets not pretend like he’s doing us any favors if the fuel price will only go up rather than down. Will the dolly drop to below N200 or back to N1 like Apc promised in 2015??

What’s are the benefits of having this refinery here really? undecided
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by Triangles1(m): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
Incognito403:

Actually, you should be concerned with why Dangote's success touched you as if he's the reason for your poverty.

Dangote is not your father, I don't know why you want to commit suicide for another man opinion.
I'm entitle to my opinion, bring your opinion and stop opposing.
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by obailala(m): 3:34pm On Feb 13, 2021
jaxxy:

I’m not hating on dangote I have admiration for him bt based on comments I’m hearing on this particular project lets not pretend like he’s doing us any favors if the fuel price will only go up rather than down. Will the dolly drop to below N200 or back to N1 like Apc promised in 2015??

What’s are the benefits of having this refinery here really? undecided

Dangote isnt doing just you or me a favour, he's actually doing the entire Nigeria a favour, taking over the responsibility of government which succesive administrations since 1999 have failed to fulfil. And of course, he's going to cash out massively from this favour so in essence, he's also doing himself a favour; it's definitely a win-win situation for everyone.

You asked what the benefits of his refinery are to you and to the rest of Nigerians. Firstly, just like any other industrial establishment, the benefits are simple; massive employment, more revenue to govt through taxes etc. And of course, the icing of the cake, forex savings.

Today the Naira exchanges for ~N500/$. As a helplessly import dependent country, do you know how badly that rate affects productivity and standard of living? The exchange rate is rising cos our thirst for importation keeps rising and there isnt a commensurate rise in the inflow of forex (thanks to recent oil price trends, covid etc).

Do you know that Nigeria spends almost 50% of its forex importing petroleum products? If Dangote refinery comes into full operation and we stop importing fuel (i.e. slashing Nigeria's forex outflow by up to 50%), do you know the effect rhat would have on the value of the naira and Nigeria's productivity index in general? Do you still think a fully operational Dangote refinery will only benefit Dangote?
Re: Devakumar Edwin: Products From Dangote Refinery To Hit The Market By Early 2022 by jaxxy(m): 3:50pm On Feb 13, 2021
obailala:

Dangote isnt doing just you or me a favour, he's actually doing the entire Nigeria a favour, taking over the responsibility of government which succesive administrations since 1999 have failed to fulfil. And of course, he's going to cash out massively from this favour so in essence, he's also doing himself a favour; it's definitely a win-win situation for everyone.

You asked what the benefits of his refinery are to you and to the rest of Nigerians. Firstly, just like any other industrial establishment, the benefits are simple; massive employment, more revenue to govt through taxes etc. And of course, the icing of the cake, forex savings.

Today the Naira exchanges for ~N500/$. As a helplessly import dependent country, do you know how badly that rate affects productivity and standard of living? The exchange rate is rising cos our thirst for importation keeps rising and there isnt a commensurate rise in the inflow of forex (thanks to recent oil price trends, covid etc).

Do you know that Nigeria spends almost 50% of its forex importing petroleum products? If Dangote refinery comes into full operation and we stop importing fuel (i.e. slashing Nigeria's forex outflow by up to 50%), do you know the effect rhat would have on the value of the naira and Nigeria's productivity index in general? Do you still think a fully operational Dangote refinery will only benefit Dangote?

This is Nigeria where things only go up and not down especially with Apc in power it’s like a mirage. Till I see its positive effect on the naira I have nothing more to say.

I never said dangote shudnt cash out pls. I’m a businessman I believe in cashing out 100% bt there are principles also. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Today’s Game: Bankers For Baba Ijebu ​ / BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online / NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.