Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union (23427 Views)

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union / Ukraine Breaks Diplomatic Ties With Russia / Trump Cuts US Ties With WHO, Claims It Is Under China's Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by martineverest(m): 11:38am On Feb 13, 2021
NybenSBF101:

You need to understand why Russia is fighting for Syria's Assad, they want to block the pipelines that will travel through Qatar to Turkey in Syrian lands. Russians are smart and are ready for nuclear war
lol....North Africa and middle East got oil..... Morocco is just few miles away from Spain...undersea pipeline btw Europe and Saudi will take shorter route compared to land rout from syria
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by Starzo: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2021
SegFault:

You really don't know much about search engines, you think someone sits behind a desk controlling what makes it to the front and what doesn't, it uses an algorithm to rank pages based on their popularity, just stop trying to prove smart and enlightened.
trying to prove what to anyone??...What they tell u dey do in public is different from what actually goes on behind closed doors. Google and other platforms have been repeatedly sued for breach of privacy over the years
Big tech companies/apps are been used to monitor the masses and push some agendas. Wether you choose to believe or it or not is left for u
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by Starzo: 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2021
Seniorwriter:

Stop arguing blindly...that's SEO....has nothing to do with politics. Shows your myopic knowledge of SEs

Proactivity Leads To Productivity
@SeniorWriter
All names to try to conceal what actually goes on behind.
Just cuz u don't believe/know something does not make it any less true or false
you who claims to Know alot actually knows very little.
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 13, 2021
Starzo:

trying to prove what to anyone??...What they tell u dey do in public is different from what actually goes on behind closed doors. Google and other platforms have been repeatedly sued for breach of privacy over the years
Big tech companies/apps are been used to monitor the masses and push some agendas. Wether you choose to believe or it or not is left for u
Am I arguing with you about breach of privacy, I'm talking about search engines you are talking about breach of privacy, besides in America anyone can sue anyone for anything without proper proof. Don't be so sure that they spy on you.
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by calcal: 12:58pm On Feb 13, 2021
janedonez:
I respect Putin so much, but this hard stance against opposition is not the right part. If eventually, Russia pulls out of the EU, Russia will suffer the most, Economically and otherwise.

fear fear that makes us not to develop, forget it, my brother, no one will suffer.
when groundnut no dey people no dey eat goat poo
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by razzydoo(m): 1:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
Why not? All man for himself.
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by sulasa07(m): 2:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
post=99014359:
Peace and love is all we want in our world �.

Let's make LOVE, not WAR!

We say SAY NO TO WAR!!
Love does not make money,WAR does
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 13, 2021
janedonez:
I respect Putin so much, but this hard stance against opposition is not the right part. If eventually, Russia pulls out of the EU, Russia will suffer the most, Economically and otherwise.

Russia is not part(member)of EU they only have ties (agreements)just like Canada having ties with EU but not a member

1 Like

Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by Cartelips: 7:15pm On Feb 13, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
Never knew they were part of EU to begin with.
Russia is no part of the EU, they are only cutting bilateral ties
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2021
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by sltn(m): 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see WW3 drawing close. I see a great war, the great war that will change the world getting closer and closer. This I have seen.
What did you eh you guys will just come nl and be posting sh|t post.
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by Nobody: 1:50am On Feb 14, 2021
martineverest:
is English hard for u?....cutting ties doesn't mean they were part of the union
I can’t stand people like you that can’t make a comment without an insult. Is civility hard for you too?I just read the headline and “cutting ties” could also a mean a former member exiting the union. The UK was often said to have ‘cut’ or severed ties with the EU in major publications as well. So grammatically speaking I wasn’t wrong. Ode.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/the-u-k-is-finally-cutting-ties-with-the-eu-heres-what-changes-11609417649
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by Tundex911: 7:24am On Feb 14, 2021
If you want peace then prepare for WAR

Nigeria ��
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by martineverest(m): 9:01am On Feb 14, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
I can’t stand people like you that can’t make a comment without an insult. Is civility hard for you too?I just read the headline and “cutting ties” could also a mean a former member exiting the union. The UK was often said to have ‘cut’ or severed ties with the EU in major publications as well. So grammatically speaking I wasn’t wrong. Ode.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/the-u-k-is-finally-cutting-ties-with-the-eu-heres-what-changes-11609417649
is russia part of EU?.... thata the question u need to answer first
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 14, 2021
martineverest:
is russia part of EU?.... thata the question u need to answer first
and that’s why I said “I never knew they were part of EU to begin with”. The headline was confusing. Russia is geographically in Europe and Asia so they could plausibly have been in the EU.
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by martineverest(m): 9:37am On Feb 14, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
and that’s why I said “I never knew they were part of EU to begin with”. The headline was confusing. Russia is geographically in Europe and Asia so they could plausibly have been in the EU.
it wasn't cutting ties is different from 'exit'.... ECOWAS cuts ties with south Africa doesn't mean as south Africa was part of ECOWAS..I only attacked your level of comprehension tho
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 14, 2021
martineverest:
it wasn't cutting ties is different from 'exit'.... ECOWAS cuts ties with south Africa doesn't mean as south Africa was part of ECOWAS..I only attacked your level of comprehension tho

You're the one with a comprehension problem my man. Explain this headline then. I trust you are not more educated than the people at WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-u-k-is-finally-cutting-ties-with-the-eu-heres-what-changes-11609417649
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by martineverest(m): 10:12am On Feb 14, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:

You're the one with a comprehension problem my man. Explain this headline then. I trust you are not more educated than the people at WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-u-k-is-finally-cutting-ties-with-the-eu-heres-what-changes-11609417649

read the headlines deeply and read the first paragraph..Brexit happend about 4 years ago....the only connection btw Eu and UK is the economic/trade l/boundaries agreement/laws and policies they both had which they finally decided to 'CUT TIES'

cut ties means annulment of relationship btw 2 or more countries
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 14, 2021
martineverest:
read the headlines deeply and read the first paragraph..Brexit happend about 4 years ago....the only connection btw Eu and UK is the economic/trade l/boundaries agreement/laws and policies they both had which they finally decided to 'CUT TIES'

cut ties means annulment of relationship btw 2 or more countries

Likewise Russia could have been a “former” member of the EU years ago who just severed their last remaining ties hence why I said “I never knew they were part of the EU before” get it?
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by martineverest(m): 11:22am On Feb 14, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:

Likewise Russia could have been a “former” member of the EU years ago who just severed their last remaining ties hence why I said “I never knew they were part of the EU before” get it?
Russia has NEVER been and Will NEVER be part of European Union....are u mixing Europe with European Union?....they are a bit different
Re: Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 14, 2021
martineverest:
Russia has NEVER been and Will NEVER be part of European Union....are u mixing Europe with European Union?....they are a bit different
are you even understanding what we are arguing. I know they were never part of the EU. That’s agreed. What we are debating now is use of grammar. You accused me of not understanding English because I correctly pointed out that saying they have “cut ties with the EU” could also be used to refer to a country that was formerly part of the EU as evident in the WSJ article i cited. All you had to say is they were never part of the EU but had some economic and political ties to the EU as others did and it would have ended there instead of getting into name calling. Abeg carry this your I too know commot for here jare angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in / Donald Trump's Entire Legal Team Quits A Week Before Impeachment Trial / Parts Of United States And Canada West Coast Record Temperatures Above 46°C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.