Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) (2678 Views)

Gun-wielding Policeman Threatens Sowore: I Will Kill Somebody Here / U.S. Grants Asylum To Ohimai Amaize, Nigerian Journalist / ISWAP Kills 2 Nigerian Soldiers, 1 Policeman, Threatens Army In New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by Wisdomkosi(m): 7:57am On Feb 13, 2021
Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (Photos)

By Wisdom Nwedene

A Nigerian policeman, on Friday, threatened to kill the Thecable investigative journalist, Femi Owolabi at GTB branch on Ring Road, Ibadan.

IGBERE TV gathered that trouble started when the Journalist found out that the exit/entrance by the parking lot was blocked as security operatives were trying to make a way for the motorcade of a yet to be identified ‘VIP.’

According to him, "I came by the roadside, and just behind this police officer (pictured here), I muttered, asking why the process was taking that long. He looked in my direction, pointed his gun at me and shouted “to hell with anybody who say anything here!”

"Of course, I wasn’t gonna take that bullshit. “To hell with you, too!” I threw it back at him. And before I could blink a next, about three other of his colleagues had jumped at me—pushing me, dragging me by my shirt and asking what my problem was. My voice rose to a scream, demanding to know why this policeman would wanna shoot at a citizen of the republic whose ‘offense’ was to ask why this blockage at the bank’s entrance? "

" Soon, the bank customers around weighed in and brought me out of the grab of these alcohol reeking officers. "

"As I made to leave, this policeman (pictured here) returned to me. I was seated in the car, and he pointed his muzzle at my head screaming “esu fe lomi loni (the devil wants to use me today).” My heart sank many times when I heard the cock of the gun. I would find my breath when a superior, immediately, pulled him back. "

"I am contacting the necessary authorities about this matter, but I wanna put this here, so we all would note his face. He does not deserve this uniform!".

STAY WITH IGBERE TV. AFRICA'S NO1 COMMUNITY TV.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1382426/policeman-threatens-kill-nigerian-journalist-points-gun-photos/

1 Share

Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by Flexherbal(m): 7:59am On Feb 13, 2021
"I am contacting the necessary authorities about this matter, but I wanna put this here, so we all would note his face. He does not deserve this uniform!".

It is like the uniform and the guns intoxicate them.

3 Likes

Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by MarveworldG: 8:01am On Feb 13, 2021
Berserk
Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by ollymooreagain: 8:03am On Feb 13, 2021
Rubbish Post

You people have started abi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by johnkey: 8:04am On Feb 13, 2021
na who they fit 'hayaj' be that, their slave masters are in the bush carrying ak47s and drinking cow piss..God bless ESN. sometimes i wish i wasn't yoruba, don't worry by the time the fulanis start killing everyone down south fully, i would be in the US by then and won't give any bleeps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:05am On Feb 13, 2021
ollymooreagain:
Rubbish Post

You are having hangover

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 13, 2021
Why cant they give pistol or a teaser to our policemen? Only during emergency cases should they be using an assault rifle.

This country matter just tire person.

5 Likes

Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by Asgard13: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2021
Wetin you wan make we do for nairaland now..

You no go nearest station to make report ... with his number .. na his pics you carry come nairaland

Why be say Yoruba love media attention? Even after knowing the right thing to do

Fulani Dey kill una for House .. Na to come Maria make noise

Hausa fight for Ibadan .., Na to run come media

Wetin media don do to solve una peoblem .. e no stop Fulani killing
E no stop Hausa Yoruba fight for Ibadan
E still no go stop this man on pic from receiving his salary..

Next time copy his number .. visit the nearest police post and make report
Or you petition him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by PureMe01: 8:17am On Feb 13, 2021
johnkey:
na who they fit 'hayaj' be that, their slave masters are in the bush carrying ak47s and drinking cow piss..God bless ESN. sometimes i wish i wasn't yoruba, don't worry by the time the fulanis start killing everyone down south fully, i would be in the US by then and won't give any bleeps.
I'm not Yoruba either but I think you are not yoruba
Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by gasparpisciotta: 8:24am On Feb 13, 2021
Nigeria has descended into a situation where chaos and anarchy reigns supreme.

Absolute disregard for civilian’s life.

Buhari‘s Govt has failed in this aspect
Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by johnkey: 8:27am On Feb 13, 2021
PureMe01:
I'm not Yoruba either but I think you are not yoruba
dude don't start that shiit with me, do i look like those tribalist here? check my posts. una think say na every nairalander get time to dey carry tribe for head to the extent of claiming another tribe just to insult one tribe, i don't roll like that. from everything we read and see online i can say we yoruba are cowards and our politicians are only concerned about their political ambitions and not the masses that needs them more. even our amotekun is politicised. If we have something like ESN here in the west i will gladly join. PS i hate all nigerian politicians irrespective of tribe, i wish they can all drop dead one by one even to my local govt chairman so we can reset the country.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:44am On Feb 13, 2021
Cc, Lalasticlala
Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by ContentedK: 9:32am On Feb 13, 2021
End nigeria before nigeria ends you...
Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by BlackfireX: 11:07am On Feb 13, 2021
The police man suppose slap you sefff...idddiiooot
Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by jimi4us: 11:30am On Feb 13, 2021
We've been recruiting thieves and thugs into the Nigerian police and Army for years, now we're seeing the results

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by Whoube99(f): 11:32am On Feb 13, 2021
Wisdomkosi:

By Wisdom Nwedene

A Nigerian policeman, on Friday, threatened to kill the Thecable investigative journalist, Femi Owolabi at GTB branch on Ring Road, Ibadan.

IGBERE TV gathered that trouble started when the Journalist found out that the exit/entrance by the parking lot was blocked as security operatives were trying to make a way for the motorcade of a yet to be identified ‘VIP.’

According to him, "I came by the roadside, and just behind this police officer (pictured here), I muttered, asking why the process was taking that long. He looked in my direction, pointed his gun at me and shouted “to hell with anybody who say anything here!”

"Of course, I wasn’t gonna take that bullshit. “To hell with you, too!” I threw it back at him. And before I could blink a next, about three other of his colleagues had jumped at me—pushing me, dragging me by my shirt and asking what my problem was. My voice rose to a scream, demanding to know why this policeman would wanna shoot at a citizen of the republic whose ‘offense’ was to ask why this blockage at the bank’s entrance? "

" Soon, the bank customers around weighed in and brought me out of the grab of these alcohol reeking officers. "

"As I made to leave, this policeman (pictured here) returned to me. I was seated in the car, and he pointed his muzzle at my head screaming “esu fe lomi loni (the devil wants to use me today).” My heart sank many times when I heard the cock of the gun. I would find my breath when a superior, immediately, pulled him back. "

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1382426/policeman-threatens-kill-nigerian-journalist-points-gun-photos/

I wish you got his name tagged well enough, but nevertheless, since you know the location and the time of this incident, the authorities who posted him there will probably identify him when push comes to shoves. Brief a good fearless lawyer to file some necessary papers on your behalf for attempted murder, if you said he actually pointed the nozzle of his gun to your head. I wish someone around had got a picture of that too. But nevertheless, do the needful

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by Coldie(m): 11:32am On Feb 13, 2021
ollymooreagain:
Rubbish Post

Na so una take support bad thing support till e reach una turn.

Leave fulanis alone wink

1 Like

Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by Goldeno(m): 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2021
And how does the picture of a police officer waking on the street and a dude sitting at the comfort of his office translate to "policeman pointing gun on a journalist "

awon agents of mischief and chaos .
Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by AMINDA: 12:33pm On Feb 13, 2021
Every John Doe now wants to jump on the bandwagon to vilify our Police, even for matters that don't make sense. A Bank is a high risk location and this third rate Journalist should know better than confronting lawfully armed men in a Bank premise. There are several tactics armed robbers deploy to rob a bank and the Police could easily have interpreted such challenge as a threat. Everything for clout on social media.
Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by BigDick70inch(m): 12:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
D
Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by Donspicey: 12:53pm On Feb 13, 2021
Politicians dey loot us.......

Olopa dey shoot us.......

This country na wa oooooo..
Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2021
Wisdomkosi:

By Wisdom Nwedene

If it's the Nigeria Police Farce uniform he deserves it. That uniform is reserved for the most idiotic and unintelligent creatures walking on two legs. If you're talking about a normal police uniform then he doesn't deserve that.
Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2021
BabaOwen:
Why cant they give pistol or a teaser to our policemen? Only during emergency cases should they be using an assault rifle.

This country matter just tire person.

That's because the original reason of forming the Nigeria Police Farce was not to protect the citizens, but to protect government officials and their hangers-on.
Re: Policeman Threatens To Kill Nigerian Journalist, Points Gun At Him (photos) by Gandollaar(f): 1:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
BlackfireX:
The police man suppose slap you sefff...idddiiooot
Your Papa na olopa Abii?
Enough swearing on top police and their family heads.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Writes Letter To Buhari, Lists Four Avoidable Calamities / Federal Government Should Probe Abaribe / Pyrate Confraternity Members Sing & Release Another Tinubu Song (pic/vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.