Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities (1034 Views)

Agony As Herdsmen Overrun Ogun Communities / Oyo Farmers Flee As Herdsmen Attack Igangan Again / FCT, Lagos, Ogun Communities Ignore Lockdown Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by ogbuefieze: 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2021
METROFour reportedly killed as herdsmen attack Ogun communities

SEARCH

Daily Post Nigeria
Daily Post Nigeria
METROFour reportedly killed as herdsmen attack Ogun communitiesPublished on February 13, 2021By Ishola Oludare

There was tension in Ogun State as suspected Fulani herdsmen invaded some villages in Yewa North Local Government area of Ogun State on Friday night.

Four persons were said to have been killed, and many, including children sustained varying degrees of injuries.

The attack came barely 24 hours after many were said to have been killed in Owode Ketu, an incident that was described as a reprisal to the burning of Fulani settlement during the visit of Sunday Igboho to Eggua.

A source told our correspondent that the suspected herdsmen stormed Orile-Igbooro to shoot and set houses on fire.

“Presently at Orile-Igbooro, Fulani headsmen are attacking the people of the community. They are burning the houses and shooting the villagers presently,” the source said anonymously on Friday night.

Confirming the incident to DAILY POST, the lawmaker representing Ketu constituency at the Ogun State House of Assembly, Hon. Haruna Egungbohun, said the situation was getting out of hand.

Speaking with our correspondent around 11pm on Friday, Egungbohun said, “it’s true, the killer herdsmen have attacked again this night. This is becoming unbearable.”

Egungbohun said “we have called the police to come to our aid but we have not got help yet.”

The lawmaker disclosed that he has also contacted the Ogun State Government for help.

“We are calling and begging Mr Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun to use his good office to strengthen security measures in Ketu land,” it was said.

Our correspondent gathered that the attackers also went to Oja-Odan, all in Yewa North to attack residents.

When contacted for updates on Saturday morning, Hon. Egungbohun said, “We have recovered four dead bodies so far. We are still searching for others. Those who sustained injuries are many. We have not got any help from any security agency or government.”

DAILY POST reports that Gov Abiodun recently said he had deployed a task force to Ogun West to forestall further attacks on the people of the border communities.

DAILY POST reports that some youths under the auspices of Yewa North Patriotic Forum had issued a seven-day ultimatum to killer herdsmen in Yewa North to vacate the area.

Efforts to get the reaction of the Ogun State Police Public Relatons Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, were unsuccessful as calls to his phone were not answered as of Saturday morning.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2021/02/13/four-reportedly-killed-as-herdsmen-attack-ogun-

communities/%3famp

Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Hardgun: 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2021
Wahala
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by TooMuchStuff: 2:05pm On Feb 13, 2021
Fulanis on steroids courtesy of Buharism

Tinubu no go die better

2 Likes

Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by AlfaB: 2:10pm On Feb 13, 2021
FG please build IDP camps for yorubas.

6 Likes

Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by hotwax: 2:14pm On Feb 13, 2021
Ooni and Tinubu must be happy now. Especially as they have managed to cage Sunday Igboho. the guy don surrender when they freeze his bank account.

He go dey dobale for Tinubu now
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Brimstone77: 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2021
South West is under siege..... farmers herders clash in ogun state cool cool
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by ThatFairGuy1: 2:16pm On Feb 13, 2021
Arewa1stson SilverNorGold, this is not Akinyele Ibadan I guess
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by nairalandankrah: 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
Haba again How do we appease this people so they'll allow us to farm in peace

1 Like

Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

My brother, how many times do I have to tell you that I no longer take reports from your media platforms or region seriously?

1 Like

Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by nairalandankrah: 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
AlfaB:
FG please build IDP camps for yorubas.

Seconded..
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by LibertyRep: 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2021
What's this in the South West?

The fear of offending or loosing the support of Aso Rock is the root of this problem.

Who will rise and defend the defenceless against these Marauders?
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Mightyhaiz: 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2021
what did the kids do to them that they had to slash them like this?
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Mightyhaiz: 2:22pm On Feb 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
what kind of sisi whimper is this?
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by kayusely70(m): 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2021
The Ogun State Governor Is Too Soft And Cant Take Drastic Decisions On His Own Without Consulting His Numerous god-fathers. Lets Wait And See His Effeminate Response!
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Jax1: 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2021
The only factor playing out in favour of the Fulani on Yoruba soil is the Yoruba cowardice.

We heard tales of Yoruba warriors in ancient days. How they conquered their enemies and created a political dynasty which made them most sophisticated tribe in Nigeria.

What is the sophistication about whereby they lack wartime wit to defend their own people like in the olden days now?

Well, like a wise man once said. Cowards die many times before their death.

This is just the beginning. If they don't fight back and desist from putting on baseless sophistication toga, They have subconsciously signed their death warrants.

Life is crazy

1 Like

Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Bkayyy: 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
Ogun state and bad news
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by ShobayoEmma(m): 2:39pm On Feb 13, 2021
No peace lover will agitate for peace when all the pieces are yet to rest in pieces peace.

Buhari, a good man with evil intentions.
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Bkayyy: 2:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
I still stand by my words that Yorubas should leave the land fulani are using for peace to reign

No look at it with your church mind. What is the essence of owning a land that you are not using?
The land the Yorubas are fighting the fulanis over is not being used by them. It is ignorance and stupidity to fight over what you don't use.

Now it is important to note that SW is like five times of SE so it will cost the Yorubas nothing to leave the 1% land for the fulanis that have stayed 150 years in it and manage the remaining 99% of SW.
Remember that anybody that stays 200 years in a particular place is considered as an indigene of that place. The fulani are as indigenous as the Yorubas in that particular part of SW

Yorubas should stop being greedy

3 Likes

Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by NOwazobia: 2:47pm On Feb 13, 2021
There is fire on the mountain and nobody seems to be on the run... I don't know how else war should look like. The yorubas are at war, but still feigning the illusion of peace. I pity them.
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Fash20: 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
Bkayyy:
I still stand by my words that Yorubas should leave the land fulani are using for peace to reign

No look at it with your church mind. What is the essence of owning a land that you are not using?
The land the Yorubas are fighting the fulanis over is not being used by them. It is ignorance and stupidity to fight over what you don't use.

Now it is important to note that SW is like five times of SE so it will cost the Yorubas nothing to leave the 1% land for the fulanis that have stayed 150 years in it and manage the remaining 99% of SW.
Remember that anybody that stays 200 years in a particular place is considered as an indigene of that place. The fulani are as indigenous as the Yorubas in that particular part of SW

To hell with you and your church mind. This is just disgusting to see... Like WTF?

This is the most dumbest comment i have ever seen on NL.

They go give them their ancestral land so that fulani herdsmen can stop killing them. As if thats how it is done in the North.

You're not well oo. Your madness is a new variety of madness

1 Like

Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Nowenuse: 3:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
Legendhero, how come I am no longer seeing you on Nairaland? grin. You vanished abi?

Come and carry your harvest. It is ripe.

You Yorubas have not seen anything yet oo. Your case may actually be worse than Plateau own if care is not taken, cos you have large thick Guinea Savannah forest reserves all over your region, which is very good for hiding and camouflaging.

Unlike Plateau which is a Sudan Savannah and one can see miles away through the forests and it is not good for hiding. Hence, the fulanis in Plateau have decided to settle on the mountains. As that's the only place they can camouflage.

2 Likes

Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by four44: 3:14pm On Feb 13, 2021
Bkayyy:

terrorists tribe
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Asgard13: 3:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
grin

Remember wen it all started like play

Yoruba first start to brag .. on how Yoruba land is not potor region
On how if Fulani try anything NIGERIA WILL BURN grin
I told them no where will burn except yorubaland..
this Yoruba people told me how Yoruba DONT fight .. and that all tribe fear Yoruba ..

They made so much bragging and suddenly IGBOHO APPEARS FROM NO WHERE

grin
Whole YORUBA GOT FRENZY grin IGBOHO THIS .. IGBOHO THAT grin
Hehehehehehehehe

Cut and short as we all know

YORUBA IS NOT ONLY BURNING .. SLAUGHTERING OF YORUBA , RAPING OF THEIR WOMEN , FLOGGING THEIR KINGS NAD THEIR CABINETS
THE LIST IS ENDLESS

YET NIGERIA IS NOT BURNING .. THE IGBOHO ON HEARING ABOUT WAKILL ISKILL DISAPPEARED WITHOUT TRACE

LAST WE HEARD HEA GOING To MOBILIZE YORUBA YOUTH WORLD WIDE TO PROTEST grin

And he vanished

IGBOS ARE HATED BY ALL ... IGBOS ARE HATRED BY ALL

BROS SHOW ME ONE HUMAN OUTSIDE YORUBA THAT IS SPEAKING OUT FOR THEM

THEY SAY IM TRIBAL JINGOIST.. FORGETTING WE LEARNT FROM THEM..
NOW THEY CANT TAKE WHAT THEY GIVE..

That’s why we’re here.
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Asgard13: 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
Nowenuse:
Legendhero, how come I am no longer seeing you on Nairaland? grin. You vanished abi?

Come and carry your harvest. It is ripe.

You Yorubas have not seen anything yet oo. Your case may actually be worse than Plateau own if care is not taken, cos you have large thick Guinea Savannah forest reserves all over your region, which is very good for hiding and camouflaging.

Unlike Plateau which is a Sudan Savannah and one can see miles away through the forests and it is not good for hiding. Hence, the fulanis in Plateau have decided to settle on the mountains. As that's the only place they can camouflage.

Those ones are waiting to be President first before using a sledgehammer to kill the tsetse flies grin
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Kaduna1stson: 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2021
For the sake of the presidency we will give you, stay in Nigeria and endure.
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Jack005(m): 3:43pm On Feb 13, 2021
Yorubas are becoming endangered species.
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by ogbuefieze: 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
Very sad
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by ogbuefieze: 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
For the sake of the presidency we will give you, stay in Nigeria and endure.
Clown!
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by an0daGuy: 3:49am On Feb 14, 2021
Chei. Another one? Ogun state this time?

Day before yesterday it was ondo, yesterday it was oyo today it’s ogun ... Na wah oh undecided

My conscience is tingling like I should start pitying these afonjas but mba, my mind no gree. They must receive it hot-hot so their eyes will become clear like the sky.

I still say it, by 2023 there will be caliphate emirs all over yoruba land. Just watch.

Chai, Nnamdi Kanu foresaw this calamity and warned them but instead they sent python dance to meet him.

The fowl has come home to roost.

Afonja good morning oh

Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by SIONKPO1(m): 6:23am On Feb 14, 2021
I think I blame the mumu-governor,why not have a strong presence of Amotekun,OPC,Agbekoya arm them well and then enact laws banning ,Open grazing,night grazing and underage grazing,thereafter sponsor a post via proxies encouraging your indegenes to stop eating beef rather chicken or fish
Re: Metrofour Reportedly Killed As Herdsmen Attack Ogun Communities by Yobabad: 6:43am On Feb 14, 2021
FG should open IDP camps for the Yoruba people, but it should never be built in Lagos so that it doesn't affect our business, maybe Ogun state or Osun state

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Lauds Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi , And David Umahi For Sit At Home: Compliance / N100M Bounty On Nnamdi Kanu Unfair, Ohanaeze Replies Northern Group / Flood Submerges Graveyard, Exposes Corpses In Senate President's Home Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.