Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest (27013 Views)

Governor Ganduje Visits Shekarau’s Residence ‘To Stop Planned Decamping’ / Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters / #endsars: Heavy Security At Aso Rock Gate As Thugs Besiege Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by bukxy: 3:01pm On Feb 13, 2021
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by Prodigee: 3:01pm On Feb 13, 2021
This country is an abomination in the world!
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by paulolee(m): 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2021
kV7SSSB
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by FemiLastBorn(m): 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2021
Very good
God bless Lagos state,
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by legendaryquasar: 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2021
Let the games begin cool
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by teacherbim(f): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2021
Omo ti ko ni Iya kin degbo eyin

A word is enough for the wise

Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by TitanzStudio(m): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2021
we movee
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by Wahala90: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2021

Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2021
What of the P Square telling people to protest, did he show, did they arrest him?

1 Like

Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by jojothaiv(m): 3:06pm On Feb 13, 2021
Ovo200:
Never knew Lagos state has a police force as those displayed in lekki tollgate today.

Who can imagine a government ready to dialogue with terrorist but not ready to engage the youth.

I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost….

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men - cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world - millions of despairing men, women, and little children - victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish. …..

Soldiers! don’t give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural! Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!

In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: “the Kingdom of God is within man” - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power - the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

Then - in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfil that promise. They never will!

Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfil that promise! Let us fight to free the world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness. Soldiers! in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

Transcript of Charlie Chaplin’s Final Speech in The Great Dictator

Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by dominique(f): 3:06pm On Feb 13, 2021
Good job NPF. Majority of those protesters are there to loot, rob and destroy properties. There are areas where there were actually casualties from the protests, they didn't go and protest there. What's their mission in this particular Lekki where so far not one casualty has been identified? Good thing the police are there to nip this in the bud before it got out of hands

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by doxijaw: 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2021
Ovo200:
Never knew Lagos state has a police force as those displayed in lekki tollgate today.

Who can imagine a government ready to dialogue with terrorist but not ready to engage the youth.

I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost….

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men - cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world - millions of despairing men, women, and little children - victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish. …..

Soldiers! don’t give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural! Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!

In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: “the Kingdom of God is within man” - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power - the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

Then - in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfil that promise. They never will!

Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfil that promise! Let us fight to free the world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness. Soldiers! in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

Noble!

It can't work when there's no internal cohesion.

Add agendas and you have chaos.
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by Lovelyperson(m): 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2021
Muhylonaire007:
With all the display of force or what did they call it.
It is obvious that this Government can stop insecurity but what do I know, the display of force can only be on peaceful protesters.

Wahala for who still believe in this country, I stopped doing that a long time ago. I am my own government.

Am with you on the bolded. I stopped praying for United Nigeria or believing this country can be better since 2018. This country can never be better expect we doing away with that 1999 constitution and go back to Federalism. And those greedy politicians are not ready to do this.
My prayer now is for this country to break up to as many pieces as it can break into. So that humans can be living with humans and animals can be with animals...

1 Like

Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by omenka(m): 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2021
Great. We're done with Lagos.

Now, let face Rivers state and protest fervently the slaughter of our fellow countrymen in Oyigbo, as commandeered by Nyiesom Wike.

When we're done with Oyigbo, let us turn to Anambra and fervently protest the butchering and sale of the body parts of our fellow countrymen by Akwuzu SARS, and hopefully call for the punishment of Peter Obi.

I move!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by Okoroawusa: 3:14pm On Feb 13, 2021
SmartPolician:
Nobody should go there and protest.
As far as I am concerned, Nigeria has no solution.
The day we get tired of this shithole, we will unanimously split it.
So this is what you finally has to say after all the threats?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by Okoroawusa: 3:16pm On Feb 13, 2021
omenka:
Great. We're done with Lagos.

Now, let face Rivers state and protest fervently the slaughter of our fellow countrymen in Oyigbo, as commandeered by Nyiesom Wike.

When we're done with Oyigbo, let us turn to Anambra and fervently protest the butchering and sale of the body parts of our fellow countrymen by Akwuzu SARS, and hopefully call for the punishment of Peter Obi.

I move!
Omenka they will not agree with you o! There is no tinubu in your post

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by manuel65(m): 3:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
Ovo200:

This comment woulf have been interesting but I dont have strength to read it�
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by jchioma: 3:19pm On Feb 13, 2021
There was suppose to be calm.

The protest was not meant to be violent save for the govt. agents who would want to do anything to rein in opposition, including maiming and killing their own citizens. The world is watching and the message had been passed. If they mount operations in that Lekki toll gate, it will be stopped. Shikena.

The people has spoken. It is LOUD and CLEAR!

1 Like

Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by SmartPolician: 3:20pm On Feb 13, 2021
Okoroawusa:

So this is what you finally has to say after all the threats?

Show me where I threaten anyone due to this protest.

Aturu ocha!
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by Okoroawusa: 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2021
Muhylonaire007:
It is obvious that this Government can stop insecurity but what do I know, the display of force can only be on peaceful protesters.

Wahala for who still believe in this country, I stopped doing that a long time ago. I am my own government.
Hahahaha!...like your believe in Nigeria can build bridges,roads,schools and so on.
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by azikiweironsi(m): 3:22pm On Feb 13, 2021
I just wonder why some cries more than the bereaved only because no more protest.
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by chukemmang(m): 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2021
The immediate assassination of all Nigerian politicians the Jerry Rawlings style is the only solution to the madness these politicians think they have.

Any other thing we do is a total waste of time.
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by buckeyemedia: 3:27pm On Feb 13, 2021
SmartPolician:
Nobody should go there and protest.
As far as I am concerned, Nigeria has no solution.
The day we get tired of this shithole, we will unanimously split it.
To 36 different shitholes? You can’t run away from yourself.
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by Martinez39s(m): 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2021
Muhylonaire007:

You are a smart man.
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by buckeyemedia: 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2021
chukemmang:
The immediate assassination of all Nigerian politicians the Jerry Rawlings style is the only solution to the madness these politicians think they have.

Any other thing we do is a total waste of time.
Assassinate the political elite, & give power to the poor ignorant masses? I don’t think so, if the poor was any better, they would be @ the top right there with the affluent.
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by Bighead9: 3:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
ESN, NNANDI KANU, IPOB TERRORIST AND BIAFRANS RIGHT NOW. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by buckeyemedia: 3:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
jchioma:
There was suppose to be calm.

The protest was not meant to be violent save for the govt. agents who would want to do anything to rein in opposition, including maiming and killing their own citizens. The world is watching and the message had been passed. If they mount operations in that Lekki toll gate, it will be stopped. Shikena.

The people has spoken. It is LOUD and CLEAR!
This is the modus operendi of cowards, reporting the action from your cubicle, why are you not at the toll gate protest in person?, You’d Prefer that others die for you?
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by Farki: 3:42pm On Feb 13, 2021
aralomo1:
If you go out to protest again after seeing the number of armed policemen at Lekki tollgate then you're OYO

Don't worry the next time robbers write letters to alert people of their coming we will all stage a peaceful protest in the area since that is the only way to get the police to do their jobs.
Re: Calm At Lekki Toll Gate As Police Stop Planned Protest by Farki: 3:44pm On Feb 13, 2021
dominique:
Good job NPF. Majority of those protesters are there to loot, rob and destroy properties. There are areas where there were actually casualties from the protests, they didn't go and protest there. What's there mission in this particular Lekki where so far not one casualty has been identified? Good thing the police are there to nip this in the bud before it got out of hands

You can't use the nairaland that you've been on since 2006 to learn about the Lagos Judicial Panel and it's decision to reopen the tollgate for collection.

Which properties are there to rob in the middle of the bloody road anyway?

Please can you stop with the lies?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shettima To Nigerians: Be Prepared For Tough Time In 2023 / Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times / Fuel Scarcity Worsens,See The Current Situation In Nigeria(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.