Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) (31191 Views)

ASUU Strike: President Buhari Meets With Pro-Chancellors (Photos) / ASUU Strike: Committee Of Vice-Chancellors Sends Message To FG, Lecturers / Cutest Top Three Vice Chancellors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by ochejoseph(m): 5:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
It was Abraham Lincoln who said "Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing".

I Woke up this morning to news of disturbing scenes at the Federal University Lokoja, one of the six new Federal Universities built from scratch by the Goodluck Administration.

Poster and banners of the outgoing Vice chancellor Prof Angela Miri with unprintable words saturated the scenes while workers armed with brooms and trumpets sang and danced while sweeping her footprints from the University's premesis.

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/6412770/federal-university-lokoja-staff-mock

While watching these unbelievable scenes my mind quickly flashed back to a contrasting scene few years back when another vice chancellor was leaving the same seat at the same University.

That vice chancellor was Professor Abdulmumini Hassan Rafindadi a professor of pathology, with interest in cervical cancer prostate cancer and medicolegal medicine and the pioneer vice chancellor of Federal University, Lokoja, a post he held until February 2016 at the end of his 5-year term.

Those who knew him say he was an administrator with a difference, a man who knew how to manage people and institutions.  According reports his remarkable transformation of virgin land into a beautiful and amiable institution with meager resources, within 5 years left many wondering as to how he was able to achieve such feat

Staff weep as he vacates office

In what appeared to be the first of its kind in Nigeria and an endorsement of his leadership style, members of staff of the Federal University Lokoja, Kogi state couldn’t hide their emotions and wept bitterly and openly as Professor Abdulmumini Hassan Rafindadi left office. The Prof struggled to also hold himself as he waved at staff and students who gathered at the Vice Chancellor’s office to bid him farewell.

Source:

https://www.nairaland.com/2941596/staff-cry-rafindadi-vc-lokoja

Rafindadi and Miri occupied the same office but thier tenures were characterized by two different and distinct outcomes.

Coming at a time when the country is mourning the death  a true servant leader and former Governor of Lagos state Baba Lateef Jakande, it is imperative for those entrusted  with leadership to always remember they will one day leave office, irrespective of how long thier tenure appears to be.

Those who have been saddled with the responsibility of leading should always remember that muzzling the ox when it treads the grain and denying labourers of their worthy wages when one feeds fat on their sweat will always result in this type of treatment.

As Professor Olayemi Akinwumi resumes as the new vice Chancellor of the university, it is hoped that such acrimony will cease as he will bring his wealth of experience and people management to bear in his quest to take one of Nigeria's baby institutions to enviable heights.

Dr. Oche Joseph Otorkpa
Tweets from
www.twitter.com/ochejoseph

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by reccy(m): 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2021
The difference is clear and the pix explained better.

A good name is always better than riches. I care and take care of my behaviour knowing full well that one day, i will leave the position and the earth itself. The question is, what are you leaving behind?

Managing people to leave such memory in their heart to some extends for a learned adult weeping for your leaving is something to ponder about.

While i will not do things for people to like me, i will however make sure wherever i am, the right thing must be done...

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by whemmytopsy(m): 8:09pm On Feb 13, 2021
Posterity will judge us all..... Let that be at the back of our mind always.

13 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by Zaraog: 8:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
Hmmmmm
Nawa oh
Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
When be say when they get small power it enters their head and they become deaf. They forget how they got there and decide to ruin every legacy previous leaders have placed

The day a certain man leaves the post he holds that day I swear I will buy a cow, use it for suya and share it to everyone. Call DJ real invite oloshos for boys to nack. It will be a day I'll celebrate.

5 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by Perfectsouth(m): 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
COME 2023, I will know and understand how foolish or wise these celebrities, influencers and activist are.. They are being treated like criminals now that there is no election..
So I will like to know and see if they will allow these same sets of criminals that treated them with disdain use them to achieve their aims...
And I will like to listen to what these bastards will say or campaign with come 2023

6 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by ojorich(m): 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
Wahala be like pizza,its round,but sold in square packs and eaten in triangles

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by yeyeboi(m): 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by sammysmiles(m): 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2021
cheesy
Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by chriskosherbal(m): 8:42pm On Feb 13, 2021
Okay oo seen
Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by FastLane25(m): 8:42pm On Feb 13, 2021
our comments nah just cruise

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by Liposure: 8:46pm On Feb 13, 2021
Do good and the world regrets your departure. Do bad and the world celebrates your departure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by Sultty(m): 8:47pm On Feb 13, 2021
The day I meet d angel that made me a Nigerian I'll give him d beating of his life

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by Patrioticman007(m): 8:48pm On Feb 13, 2021
reccy:
The difference is clear and the pix explained better.

A good name is always better than riches. I care and take care of my behaviour knowing full well that one day, i will leave the position and the earth itself. The question is, what are you leaving behind?

Managing people to leave such memory in their heart to some extends for a learned adult weeping for your leaving is something to ponder about.

While i will not do things for people to like me, i will however make sure wherever i am, the right thing must be done...

Some are born as natural leaders while some learn leadership & some are unfit to rule, just like GEJ of 2015 era.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by sheddyboy01(m): 8:48pm On Feb 13, 2021
The woman must have done more than worse to deserve this

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by extol1(m): 8:48pm On Feb 13, 2021
the different is clear between a man in leadership and a woman in leadership. the truth is most of the Nigeria women are not good in leadership, they carry their family matters to their office and thereby venting it on her staffs.
common head mistress, you would see them misbehaving

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by capitalzero: 8:48pm On Feb 13, 2021
ochejoseph:
It was Abraham Lincoln who said "Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing".

I Woke up this morning to news of disturbing scenes at the Federal University Lokoja, one of the six new Federal Universities built from scratch by the Goodluck Administration.

Poster and banners of the outgoing Vice chancellor Prof Angela Miri with unprintable words saturated the scenes while workers armed with brooms and trumpets sang and danced while sweeping her footprints from the University's premesis.

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/6412770/federal-university-lokoja-staff-mock

While watching these unbelievable scenes my mind quickly flashed back to a contrasting scene few years back when another vice chancellor was leaving the same seat at the same University.

That vice chancellor was Professor Abdulmumini Hassan Rafindadi a professor of pathology, with interest in cervical cancer prostate cancer and medicolegal medicine and the pioneer vice chancellor of Federal University, Lokoja, a post he held until February 2016 at the end of his 5-year term.

Those who knew him say he was an administrator with a difference, a man who knew how to manage people and institutions.  According reports his remarkable transformation of virgin land into a beautiful and amiable institution with meager resources, within 5 years left many wondering as to how he was able to achieve such feat

Staff weep as he vacates office

In what appeared to be the first of its kind in Nigeria and an endorsement of his leadership style, members of staff of the Federal University Lokoja, Kogi state couldn’t hide their emotions and wept bitterly and openly as Professor Abdulmumini Hassan Rafindadi left office. The Prof struggled to also hold himself as he waved at staff and students who gathered at the Vice Chancellor’s office to bid him farewell.

Source:

https://www.nairaland.com/2941596/staff-cry-rafindadi-vc-lokoja

Rafindadi and Miri occupied the same office but thier tenures were characterized by two different and distinct outcomes.

Coming at a time when the country is mourning the death  a true servant leader and former Governor of Lagos state Baba Lateef Jakande, it is imperative for those entrusted  with leadership to always remember they will one day leave office, irrespective of how long thier tenure appears to be.

Those who have been saddled with the responsibility of leading should always remember that muzzling the ox when it treads the grain and denying labourers of their worthy wages when one feeds fat on their sweat will always result in this type of treatment.

As Professor Olayemi Akinwumi resumes as the new vice Chancellor of the university, it is hoped that such acrimony will cease as he will bring his wealth of experience and people management to bear in his quest to take one of Nigeria's baby institutions to enviable heights.

Dr. Oche Joseph Otorkpa
Tweets from
www.twitter.com/ochejoseph

Prof Rafindadi is a pathologist of repute. He joined Canadian pathologists in MKO autopsy.

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by BrickDevo: 8:53pm On Feb 13, 2021
This article get as e be, you go back into the past, then boom into the future, if not for the picture and my intelligence I would never understand what you posted up there

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by ofiko123(m): 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2021
Congratulations to the incoming vice Chancellor...
Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by Protein0: 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2021
Faith1990:
The world is watching
Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by floss(m): 8:58pm On Feb 13, 2021
Perfectsouth:
COME 2023, I will know and understand how foolish or wise these celebrities, influencers and activist are.. They are being treated like criminals now that there is no election..
So I will like to know and see if they will allow these same sets of criminals that treated them with disdain use them to achieve their aims...
And I will like to listen to what these bastards will say or campaign with come 2023
An average Nigerian is a saint, so they will refuse every campaign promises that is will be made, also our celebrities are not in the habit of pulling any form of political stunts so they won't give audience to any politician
Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by Bar1941(m): 9:00pm On Feb 13, 2021
Whao, a man was even crying in one of those pictures, he must truly be a very nice person...For the other witch that thought being a VC is the end of the world, may she reap the fruits of her wickedness in retirement.
Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by lexy2014: 9:00pm On Feb 13, 2021
sheddyboy01:
The woman must have done more than worse to deserve this

Sapphiere might not agree with u. She claims d future is female. Her attention is needed on a thread like this

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by sojfarm: 9:05pm On Feb 13, 2021
WOMEN IN POWER

I HAVE WITH FEMALE (3) AND MALE (4) BOSSES

THE WORSE SO FAR WAS FEMALE.

THAT IS, A VERY MEAN PERSONALITY. ONE OF THEM I HAD TO SEND MY RESIGNATION FROM HOME VIA MAIL

2 Likes

Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by Tangana: 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2021
wow
Re: Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) by Yankee101: 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2021
Dr Rafindadi was a class act

That's why some people prefer hausa bosses

Unfortunately

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dorcas Oche Graduates With First Class In Pharmacy From Rajiv Gandhi University / BIU Student Threatens Tab-Thief With Madness (Snapshot) / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2016/2017 Admission Processes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.