Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Rate The Product - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Rate The Product (853 Views)

From Concept To Market: Streamlining The Product Development Process / Rate The Website I Created / Please Someone Should Help Vba To Compute The Product And Sum Of H.C.F And L.C.M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate The Product by cixak95211: 7:00pm On Feb 13, 2021
Address is: enshelf dot com [beware of the bot]
You will need a subscription to see extended details and if you ever feel like it,
holla at me for a Nairaland-special discount.

An example product of the product: linda dot enshelf dot com / burnouts , no pun intended

Works on all devices. use a laptop for HD.

cc: codeigniter

2 Likes

Re: Rate The Product by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:43pm On Feb 13, 2021
The main website not responsive, it breaks on the Galaxy fold. Toggle the device handler to see it. You also didn't put the elements on a container so on a 4k screen everything is spread out all wide apart. Overall I love the whole idea of the application.

I am curious though, what happens if a client doesnt like the templates from the ones you have. Do you build a new template for them. What of other functionalities which arent present but might be needed by customers.

1 Like

Re: Rate The Product by cixak95211: 11:26pm On Feb 13, 2021
How many devices did you try on? For you to say it's not mobile responsive . . grin
We made sure it was on most mainstream devices, Apple iphone 5 => 12
Samsung s3 => s20
all ipad models, from airs to pros
all macbook airs and pros
for the 4k, the UI is supposed to have the max width as the min-width i.e. start of breaking point, but that's topic for another day
and yes, they were tested with real devices not the chrome devtools simulation

There is an inbuilt click and drop template builder, where you can build your own templates to your satisfaction. The sample site address i dropped (linda) was actually built in like 30 seconds using the builder. We encourage you to use the builder as it gives you flexibility to even choosing fine-grained details e.g. text color and underline.

The pricing page list functionalities present. Thinks of how you would want to interact with your customers, i.e. invoicing, email campaigns, sms campaigns, purchase sentiments by geographical analysis or pocket spend. See screenshots below.

Re: Rate The Product by cixak95211: 11:42pm On Feb 13, 2021
Plus the ability to receive and withdraw your customer payments. . . . You can also view, analyze and export these transactions
for audit and/or processing later.

Since this a programmign section, let me talk about the stack . .
front: React js
CDN for caching

backend:
server: Node js
Nosql database: replicated 1 master, 2 slaves
pm2 for utilizing multi-core processors, since nodejs will only use 1 core.
socket.io for full-duplex comms, powers 60% of the requests, rest 40% rely on http
AMQP for publishing and subscribing to events
Redis for caching and blacklisting the bad guys lol
Caddy for attaching custom domain names and ssl cert generation
A bucket for logging.

Both frontend and backend are running on compute instance groups unexposed to the internet
hidden behind a load balancer which can scale up infinitely to handle traffic

Space complexity of app at average: 1.6 MB

we'll be handing financial data for companies, and thus cannot go wrong with the stack.

What other features would you love to see, @tensazangetsu20

1 Like

Re: Rate The Product by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:49pm On Feb 13, 2021
cixak95211:
Plus the ability to receive and withdraw your customer payments. . . . You can also view, analyze and export these transactions
for audit and/or processing later.

Since this a programmign section, let me talk about the stack . .
front: React js
CDN for caching

backend:
server: Node js
Nosql database: replicated 1 master, 2 slaves
pm2 for utilizing multi-core processors, since nodejs will only use 1 core.
socket.io for full-duplex comms, powers 60% of the requests, rest 40% rely on http
AMQP for publishing and subscribing to events
Redis for caching and blacklisting the bad guys lol
Caddy for attaching custom domain names and ssl cert generation
A bucket for logging.

Both frontend and backend are running on compute instance groups unexposed to the internet
hidden behind a load balancer which can scale up infinitely to handle traffic

Space complexity of app at average: 1.6 MB

Maybe a bit too much, but we'll be handing financial data for companies, and thus cannot go wrong with the stack.

What other features would you love to see
, @tensazangetsu20

Honestly as you get more users you would see a lot of requests for functionalities. It's not bad but you need to check out that galaxy fold. It's width is like 280px very small then for 4k screens, it spreads apart.

Another thing I think that might be cool aside marketing and all to get users is to start building a community of developers around your product. We are beginning to see as developers that platforms pay more than just being a generalist at least for juniors and beginners and it would accelerate your start-ups growth if you have a lot of indie Devs adding functionalities to your base product.
Re: Rate The Product by cixak95211: 11:54pm On Feb 13, 2021
Galaxy fold and 4k very much noted. if you are on a fold, for now, you can make do by rotating your screen, as it support rotation to a very large degree.
You can be very sure they will be dealt with in the new week.
Thank you very much for your observation.
I am very much aware the SDLC for an app is an unending cycle, and we're adding new features every week.

1 Like

Re: Rate The Product by Karleb(m): 2:58am On Feb 14, 2021
How is this email invalid?

Got this fixed. Don't you think this Ajax validation will annoy customers?

I believe you trim these white spaces when you validate. So why not validate synchronously? Or at least allow multiple white spaces after the inputs if you'd stick to Ajax.

This simple thing don already vex me.

Re: Rate The Product by cixak95211: 5:03am On Feb 14, 2021
Karleb:
How is this email invalid?

Got this fixed. Don't you think this Ajax validation will annoy customers?

I believe you trim these white spaces when you validate. So why not validate synchronously? Or at least allow multiple white spaces after the inputs if you'd stick to Ajax.

This simple thing don already vex me.

We will like to respond as follows:

1. ) No Ajax ! Not even 0.000000000001% of it. What you encountered was a regular validation built on top of regex.
2. ) The email address was valid, until you tapped "space" at the either the end or beginning. In your case, the beginning. And it instantly told you it was invalid, if you remove the spaces you intentionally added, the error goes away. So it's a user-self-inflicted error and it will have to stay like so. Don't cause intentional errors, you will NOT SCALE THROUGH. Once again, we are handling financial data, so we have to be strict with error checking and will not want to allow some permissive stuffs to go through.
3.) I registered with your email and deleted the account just to be sure I was correct, so it's free for you.

Notwithstanding your observations are duly noted.

Re: Rate The Product by cixak95211: 5:08am On Feb 14, 2021
p.s.: I forgot to add . . . that we created a youtube channel for users who will feel lost during all processes from simple stuffs as registration, to complex stuffs as Facebook pixel & google analytics event tracking. The channel is undergoing serious uploads and registered users get it as a welcome email plus other guides for instant help.
Cheers.
Re: Rate The Product by Karleb(m): 7:58am On Feb 14, 2021
cixak95211:

Nice response. Well in my own case the email was already stored with the white space on my keyboard. Infact the second email I tried also had a leading white spaces.

I also noticed my folder wasn't deleting.

I know what you want is to rate the app so when I get back from church, I'd do just that.
Re: Rate The Product by cixak95211: 9:18am On Feb 14, 2021
Karleb:

Nice response. Well in my own case the email was already stored with the white space on my keyboard. Infact the second email I tried also had a leading white spaces.

I also noticed my folder wasn't deleting.

I know what you want is to rate the app so when I get back from church, I'd do just that.

There is no option to delete a folder for now. So if you're on the free tier, you should choose your folder name carefully. With great power comes great responsibility grin
Upgraded users get that option plus the ability to add more folders. A free user is stuck with one folder. grin
Thank you Karleb.
Re: Rate The Product by Donpre(m): 11:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
Unfortunately I have nothing to add. It seems a great product though.

I'm quite curious about how you accomplished the subdomain in react @cixak95211
Re: Rate The Product by cixak95211: 2:26am On Feb 16, 2021
Donpre:
Unfortunately I have nothing to add. It seems a great product though.

I'm quite curious about how you accomplished the subdomain in react @cixak95211

Client side: Regex should help you know when there is a "foo" in "foo.bar.com" or "http[s]://foo.bar.com"
If it tests positive, redirect the request to the component that handle subdomains rendering
if it tests negative, carry on with the request as-is, at which case it would either pass [ if it sees the exact route match, or return a 404]
Server side: Wildcard SSL to serve the subdomain

1 Like

Re: Rate The Product by niel63(m): 9:40am On Feb 27, 2021
Odd to ask? Can I a get a premium review copy.

Meanwhile, this looks promising, I love it. However, you need to make the UI more exciting. Sometimes these UI thing alone keeps a person on your page longer than they planned to stay.

On mobile, I think the footer widgets/links need to be organised a bit more, 2 colums to show the links and keep the footer section shorter. Scrolling through a long footer can be exhausting, also mobile menu can make use of some good attention too. Overall, you've a great product bro. Keep the good work up. You be one of the peeps here wey dey motivate me to be better.

(1) (Reply)

Please Is This Laptop Good For Programming? / Need Help With 2d Incremental Rotation / Can Anyone Hear Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.