Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,376 members, 7,954,526 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:17 PM

The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title (27740 Views)

Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title / Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship / Photoshopped Pictures Of Ahmed Musa Following His World Cup Heroics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 14, 2021
LadiIshola:
This guy is a beast....... Perseverance pays. This sport is not for the faint hearted!!! grin grin

Two men punching each other with a cheering crowd. I love this kind of civilization. cheesy
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by WhatCanIsay(m): 8:58am On Feb 14, 2021
meobizy:
I was on the edge of my seat all morning. That punch made me lose hope for Kamaru. As if that wasn't enough, I had to switch off my gen before the end of the first round. I left the match to God's hands. A few minutes later I read that he emerged victorious.

Seems you are soft hearted... If so, you no get liver to watch sports ooo
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Ayobami7(m): 9:01am On Feb 14, 2021
congratulations
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Ekpekus(m): 9:04am On Feb 14, 2021
lekki1444:
WHEN is izzy fight ?
March 6, 2021
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by malcom1X: 9:04am On Feb 14, 2021
There can only be one Nigerian Nightmare.

The guy who brought the WBC title to Nigeria & WON
his name is Samuel Peters..... with his famous signature WHO NEX' ?

End of discussion.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by meobizy(f): 9:06am On Feb 14, 2021
WhatCanIsay:

Seems you are soft hearted... If so, you no get liver to watch sports ooo
Why not go a step further and play actual sports? It's easy to sit and watch people go through the motions. Why not try it for real?
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by meobizy(f): 9:10am On Feb 14, 2021
malcom1X:
There can only be one Nigerian Nightmare.

The guy who brought the WBC title to Nigeria & WON
his name is Samuel Peters.... with his famous signature WHO NEX' ?

End of discussion.
It's a moniker the white man coined for peak athletic Nigerians. It's no different from the title "the chief of the armed forces." Nobody is contesting who deserves it more, anybody can own it. There are five or more of them right now in combat sports.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by lekki1444: 9:14am On Feb 14, 2021
Ekpekus:

March 6, 2021
Nice one bro
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:15am On Feb 14, 2021
meobizy:
I was on the edge of my seat all morning. That punch made me lose hope for Kamaru. As if that wasn't enough, I had to switch off my gen before the end of the first round. I left the match to God's hands. A few minutes later I read that he emerged victorious.

Hahahahahhs wiklings tongue
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Kirkman: 9:19am On Feb 14, 2021
[s]
post=99049152:
Let's do it once more Champ!

Nigeria to the world.

Bring home the Belt Usman.

We will be here to celebrate with you after the match,
Anyone all of us @[b][/b] Support is always a Winner.
This has happened at different times, over and over again.

Up Nigeria ��
[/s]
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Didi2d(m): 9:21am On Feb 14, 2021
YorubaPrince:
Yoruba as usual! cool

You wish, he is a confirm Edo man from Auchi.
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by LadiIshola(m): 9:22am On Feb 14, 2021
WORDWORLD:

Two men punching each other with a cheering crowd. I love this kind of civilization. cheesy

Everyone has their poison, we are not all men of peace smiley

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Didi2d(m): 9:28am On Feb 14, 2021
Omo when Burns landed that jab that saw kamaru usman staggering the thirst in my mouth changed.
But come round 2 and round 3 Kamaru Usman took charge with steady punch here and there till burns could take it no more. The ref had to stop the fight.

Who else love the way that man normally introduce fighters in UFC, that part na him dey sweet me pass

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by fredoooooo: 9:28am On Feb 14, 2021
And still the middleweight champion of the world, KAMORU the Nigerian nightmare USMAN .

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by fredoooooo: 9:29am On Feb 14, 2021
LadiIshola:
This guy is a beast....... Perseverance pays. This sport is not for the faint hearted!!! grin grin
The best sport out there, run your mouth outside and defend yourself in the ring. I'm addicted grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Brushstrokes20: 9:31am On Feb 14, 2021
Stand up for the champion!

Kamaru Usman is unstoppable!

Proudly Nigerian!

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by fredoooooo: 9:31am On Feb 14, 2021
seunmsg:
Usman’s jab is really powerful. As it is now, he has no competition in the welterweight category. Congratulations to the Nigerian nightmare.
Jabbing and perseverance is the key , the nasty right jab in the 3rd round is crazy , burns didn't expect it , he was expecting the Normal left jab.
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:33am On Feb 14, 2021
meobizy:

Why not go a step further and play actual sports? It's easy to sit and watch people go through the motions. Why not try it for real?

All can never participate in the arena as fighters, some are meant solely to be spectators... I am.
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by coputa(m): 9:55am On Feb 14, 2021
wale377:
Watch extended highlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ViSjurzjM8
It's only Nigerians living outside their country that brings honour to the country.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by watchindelta(m): 10:10am On Feb 14, 2021
coputa:
It's only Nigerians living outside their country that brings honour to the country.
lol no be lie, wety naija get apart of curopture and insuiting each other online, only what they know PDP vs APC
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Yungmil: 10:19am On Feb 14, 2021
The king has retired

....KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by yudee233: 10:20am On Feb 14, 2021
Nigerians always doing good in combat games probably expressing the inner anger due to the state of Nigeria is finding itself

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by masseratti: 10:40am On Feb 14, 2021
paulolee:
congrats to a born champion....I jus enjoy how this usman gee is training in silence but his winnings do make noise..
keep representing naija and keep lifting our flag very high over there..
keep it up man..
but please o...is it jus me dt dnt like dt the Nigerian"nightmare" moniker just because we all know how It ended with the previous "nightmare" samuel peter in boxing dt was badly defeated n he is still disturbed by the nightmares of that beating...mk e try change dt name abeg..
that's true... And I like peters alot... But he was badly beaten... Kudos to them all... One love.
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by cooljude(m): 11:03am On Feb 14, 2021
YorubaPrince:
Yoruba as usual! cool

Na Auchi guy!! Tribal bigot
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by nathyx(m): 11:04am On Feb 14, 2021
Oba ahtokpe e! Ise! Congratulations Champ
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by 4tomandchi: 11:07am On Feb 14, 2021
Nigeria's flag on the world stage again God bless everyone out there who is trying to make this country great again.

#Rep9ja
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by seunmsg(m): 11:09am On Feb 14, 2021
Yungmil:
The king has retired

....KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV

If the money is right, Khabib can come out of retirement, move to welterweight and fight Usman. It’s all about the money. A Khabib vs Usman will be in the same scale with the Mayweather vs Pacquiano fight. It will be crazy b

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Jaqenhghar: 11:18am On Feb 14, 2021
paulolee:
congrats to a born champion....I jus enjoy how this usman gee is training in silence but his winnings do make noise..
keep representing naija and keep lifting our flag very high over there..
keep it up man..
but please o...is it jus me dt dnt like dt the Nigerian"nightmare" nickname??
simply because we all know how It ended with the previous Nigeria "nightmare" in boxing, dt samuel peter guy dt was badly beaten after all his mouth n hype,
I even heard dt he is still disturbed by the nightmares of that beating...mk our usman try change dt name abeg..
Samuel Peter was not the first person to be called the Nigerian nightmare read about Christian Okoye. That was the original Nigerian Nightmare.
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Kingcr7(m): 11:25am On Feb 14, 2021
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Yungmil: 11:57am On Feb 14, 2021
[quote author=seunmsg post=99052835]

If the money is right, Khabib can come out of retirement, move to welterweight and fight Usman. It’s all about the money. A Khabib vs Usman will be in the same scale with the Mayweather vs Pacquiano fight. It will be crazy b[/quote)Yea but in khabibs case I doubt if it is possible because he made a promise not to fight again.
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Boxer007(m): 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2021
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Boxer007(m): 12:07pm On Feb 14, 2021
Firstvaxer:

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/30897139/kamaru-usman-defeats-gilbert-burns-tko-retain-ufc-welterweight-title

but wot kinda ugly local mechanic name is KAMARU USMAN?....sounds like those heard muslim men loading cattle up n down like antelope

Cant he find nice english name like Ryan Duncan, paul smith, canelo Peter's....wot the hell is KAMARURU USMEN(smh)
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Super Eagles Most Talented Team I’ve Ever Coached – Peseiro / Lionel Messi, Barcelona Players Arrive In Madrid For El Clasico (Photos, Video) / Haiti Vs Nigeria: U-20 Women’s World Cup - 0 - 1 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.