Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title (27544 Views)

Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title / Kamaru Usman Retains his UFC Welterweight Championship / Photoshopped Pictures Of Ahmed Musa Following His World Cup Heroics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by SmartyPants(m): 12:24pm On Feb 14, 2021
Simba00007:
I think Isreal Adesanya has a match next month,that dude get vibes and swagger

At your age you don't know how to spell Israel?
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Wrooks(m): 12:24pm On Feb 14, 2021
I was really scared for Kamaru Usman, you need to see the media hype for Burns yesterday. Imagine the training sessions and family history alone is intimidating.
Congratulations my Champ once more. Israel and Kamaru are representing well.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by ibuildstuff(m): 12:30pm On Feb 14, 2021
YorubaPrince:
Yoruba as usual! cool
U don't have to be tribal about everything, but he's from auchi in Edo State.
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by atonement12: 12:34pm On Feb 14, 2021
paulolee:
congrats to a born champion....I jus enjoy how this usman gee is training in silence but his winnings do make noise..
keep representing naija and keep lifting our flag very high over there..
keep it up man..
but please o...is it jus me dt dnt like dt the Nigerian"nightmare" nickname??
simply because we all know how It ended with the previous Nigeria "nightmare" in boxing, dt samuel peter guy dt was badly beaten after all his mouth n hype,
I even heard dt he is still disturbed by the nightmares of that beating...mk our usman try change dt name abeg..
Relax, this "Nightmare" is the real deal! smiley
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by AbdulCLO: 12:55pm On Feb 14, 2021
I PRAY izzy SHOULD WIN AGAINST POLISH POWER BECAUSE I AM SCARED OF THAT GUY HE IS BIG AND STRONG THE MATCH IS ON 3RD MARCH
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by DEEBOZZ(m): 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2021
Representing Nigeria back and front unlike Joshua that is only after our support cheesy
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by rakose1234: 1:00pm On Feb 14, 2021
YorubaPrince:
Yoruba as usual! cool
He is from Edo state

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Germi9: 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2021
Edo boy from Etsako
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by greggng: 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2021
Whenever adesanya is fighting ..,come and watch how I cross my leg with a bottle of beer ...cos I know it will never end in tears for me...but whenever Liverpool are playing ....I will switch off my tv cos it will end in tears
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Livelystone01: 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2021
meobizy:
I was on the edge of my seat all morning. That punch made me lose hope for Kamaru. As if that wasn't enough, I had to switch off my gen before the end of the first round. I left the match to God's hands. A few minutes later I read that he emerged victorious.
I don't know if it's me, but one thing I've noticed about Usman is that his first rounds are mostly poor, but he turns around in other rounds and wins.
I don't know if it's his strategy or just a normal thing because it's been so for a long time now.

I like him though because he knows how to win against all odds. He has clearly dominated that division.

Adesanya is who I hope to win in his next match. The gang up and hatred against him in his division has been so much lately.

Congrats to Usman once more.

There's another Nigerian though called Ike in the heavyweight division. He signed with the UFC last year and got his first win last month or so after six defeats, lol. He's not as strong as the above two but I think with experience and hardwork, he can climb to the top.
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Livelystone01: 3:13pm On Feb 14, 2021
Germi9:
Edo boy from Etsako
They always call Auchi whenever he's been announced. Or are they in same local government?
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Livelystone01: 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2021
Wrooks:
I was really scared for Kamaru Usman, you need to see the media hype for Burns yesterday. Imagine the training sessions and family history alone is intimidating.
Congratulations my Champ once more. Israel and Kamaru are representing well.
See ehn, the ufc is filled with Brazilians and they are doing country men things these days.

The beef they have for Israel and Usman is so clear these days by how they talk on social media and other outlets. Maybe because they are Nigerians too and they both have been champions for some long.

I think Dana is using this to expand the knowledge of the UFC around the world.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by koning: 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2021
malcom1X:
There can only be one Nigerian Nightmare.

The guy who brought the WBC title to Nigeria & WON
his name is Samuel Peters..... with his famous signature WHO NEX' ?

End of discussion.

Started with Ike Ibeabuchi though. The first and original "Nigerian Nightmare". He was on course to deal with Mike Tyson. Na woman matter finish the guy.
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Germi9: 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2021
Livelystone01:

They always call Auchi whenever he's been announced. Or are they in same local government?
Auchi is in Etsako
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by picklighthouse: 4:11pm On Feb 14, 2021
Why is Kamaru fighting like this nao? He wan kill persin? He thinks he is in Isale Eko or Apongbon fighting thugs? grin
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by meobizy(f): 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2021
Emeskhalifa:

Hahahahahhs wiklings tongue
The fact your phone didn’t highlight the obvious has killed all hope I had for this forum.
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Simba00007(m): 6:22pm On Feb 14, 2021
SmartyPants:

At your age you don't know how to spell Israel?
do you know my age or you are just clowning around,I won't go petty with you.enjoy your weekend
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Livelystone01: 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2021
Germi9:
Auchi is in Etsako
OK bro. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by thymm50(m): 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2021
Ekpekus:
Burns hear am... better jabbing from The Nigerian nightmare.. gbas gbos grin
Unto the next, last style bender on March 6.. #wemove

Kamaru's jabbing has the effect of an upper cut
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by thymm50(m): 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2021
malcom1X:
There can only be one Nigerian Nightmare.

The guy who brought the WBC title to Nigeria & WON
his name is Samuel Peters..... with his famous signature WHO NEX' ?

End of discussion.

Samuel Peters still having nightmares from the Klitschko beatings
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:03pm On Feb 14, 2021
meobizy:

The fact your phone didn’t highlight the obvious has killed all hope I had for this forum.
Cruiseeeeeee grin
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by SmartyPants(m): 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2021
Simba00007:
do you know my age or you are just clowning around,I won't go petty with you.enjoy your weekend

lol. Are you below 10? Coz even at that age you might get flogged for spelling Israel that way.

No vex, but such things can be annoying.
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Simba00007(m): 7:27pm On Feb 14, 2021
SmartyPants:

lol. Are you below 10? Coz even at that age you might get flogged for spelling Israel that way.

No vex, but such things can be annoying.
what happened to you ignoring it.smh
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by SmartyPants(m): 7:35pm On Feb 14, 2021
Simba00007:
what happened to you ignoring it.smh

I didn't feel like ignoring it. Next time you won't do it, will you?
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Wrooks(m): 8:45pm On Feb 14, 2021
Its all part of the publicity. Brazilians and Cubans are much in UFC because its their sport and Mixed fight is popular in their region. But Nigerians and Cameronians are doing fantastically well.
Livelystone01:

See ehn, the ufc is filled with Brazilians and they are doing country men things these days.

The beef they have for Israel and Usman is so clear these days by how they talk on social media and other outlets. Maybe because they are Nigerians too and they both have been champions for some long.

I think Dana is using this to expand the knowledge of the UFC around the world.
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by Simba00007(m): 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2021
SmartyPants:

I didn't feel like ignoring it. Next time you won't do it, will you?
I shouldn't be wasting my time with you
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by SmartyPants(m): 11:03pm On Feb 14, 2021
Simba00007:
I shouldn't be wasting my time with you

So you said since... Yet, here we are. wink

Just take the English lesson and move on.
Re: The Nigerian Nightmare, Kamaru Usman Retains His World Title by yomiuk: 3:00am On Feb 15, 2021
paulolee:
congrats to a born champion....I jus enjoy how this usman gee is training in silence but his winnings do make noise..
keep representing naija and keep lifting our flag very high over there..
keep it up man..
but please o...is it jus me dt dnt like dt the Nigerian"nightmare" nickname??
simply because we all know how It ended with the previous Nigeria "nightmare" in boxing, dt samuel peter guy dt was badly beaten after all his mouth n hype,
I even heard dt he is still disturbed by the nightmares of that beating...mk our usman try change dt name abeg..

He is a nightmare to his challengers like Mike Tyson in his heydays. Nothing wrong with being a nightmare to one's opponents at all bro. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Precious Orji Weds Kelechi Moses In Owerri (Photos) / Guinness World Record: Davido, Sowore Turn Up To Support Chess Master, Onakoya / It’s Fake News! Nigerian U-17 Coaches Never Demanded Money From Me - David Alaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.