Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality (4192 Views)

Anioma Ethnic Nationaliy Hails The Appointment Of Gen. Irabor As The CDS / Ikwerre Are Not Igbos, BRACED Counters Amaechi's Claim That Ikwerres Are Igbos / Karma Made Middle Belt And Northern Christians Busy ,"if Not Igbos Go Here Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by Nobody: 2:29am On Feb 16, 2021
Enough, I have been talking to mentally ill people.
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by Nobody: 2:33am On Feb 16, 2021
Oba Ovonramwen of Benin who fought against the british, I guess he also didn't exist ?

Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by amuwo1980: 2:49am On Feb 16, 2021
This was written 5yrs ago now refurbished and brought out to draw traffic , you are crap
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by Duru1(m): 3:20am On Feb 16, 2021
dowap5:

Ok, this guy is mentally ill and lives in his own reality, there is no other way to describe him.

A book in which french eyewitnesses talk about precolonial Benin kingdom: https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k62093119/f11.image.r=Yebou

Don't quote me again, look for a psychiatrist, not me I can't cure your mental illness.

Can you believe this: this person denies that the map is a map and also that there was a precolonial country called Benin Kingdom ?
Come on, is this what delusion leads to ? mental illness ?
Also in case you didn't notice the title of the document is "carte..." which means map ! (yeah it is all written in french)

Also the word Kingdom is no where in the map, rather you have the word "Royaume" which means Kingdom. You therefor have "Royaume de Bénin" meaning Kingdom of Benin.

Why the insult when you are the one with mental deficiency. The bolded are foreign language to people of Edo. Benin is Anglicized name for Beni. Igodomigodo does not sound like the idiotic "Royaume de Bénin" or "Kingdom of Benin". You are an intellectual midget. Please do not quote me again because of your low intellect.
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by Duru1(m): 3:24am On Feb 16, 2021
dowap5:
Oba Ovonramwen of Benin who fought against the british, I guess he also didn't exist ?

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/13148941_obaoverami_jpegb28866d013a0b4abbca60143398d0ad5

The dude was wearing a hat given to him by Europeans. He looked funny in the hat.
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by Nobody: 3:32am On Feb 16, 2021
Duru1:

Why the insult when you are the one with mental deficiency. The bolded are foreign language to people of Edo. Benin is Anglicized name for Beni. Igodomigodo does not sound like the idiotic "Royaume de Bénin" or "Kingdom of Benin". You are an intellectual midget. Please do not quote me again because of your low intellect.
1) Igodomigodo is a fairytale, a made up story, not reality
2) Benin was already written down by other Europeans who visited our ancestors before the British did (so how can it be anglicised)
3) there were several Europeans speaking different European languages who visited our ancestors in the precolonial era, they wrote down our indigenous words in different manners in order to save the pronunciation for people reading their different languages, Benin and Beni are the same word written by Europeans speaking different languages
4) the word Kingdom was added in order to precise the country was a Kingdom, even in the map you see many other kingdoms named as such.

5) I won't reply you again, go and see a psychiatrist, you have mental problems.
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by Nobody: 3:34am On Feb 16, 2021
Why do you guys (including the mentally ill person I quoted earlier) insist on arguing on topics you know nothing about ?
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by BrownRoofRep: 8:24am On Feb 16, 2021

what exactly do you expect from this conversation ?
For the 3rd time, dialect means language without a dictionnary. It doesn't mean "sub-language of a language". You can claim that Anioma have languages similar to yours but you can not claim that Anioma speak dialect of igbo, it makes no sense.

You keep making unsubstantiated claims, when cornered by logics, you bring up an unsubstantiated claim.
Who speaks haussa as second language and how do you know which language they spoke before adopting haussa ? This is ridiculous.
Shut up dude, there is no language called Anioma language. Most Anioma clans has their tongues which are mostly sub Igbo languages.

They understand centralised Igbo language. Their language is Igbo and dialect are grouped into Oshimili dialect, Ukwani dialect, Ika dialect etc. All these dialects are part of the bigger Igbo language.

You Benin lots and your history piracy is starting to get annoying. Benin is a tiny inconsequential group, live with it.

After your Benin failed attempt to steal Lagos and some Yoruba clans you switch over to Igbo groups with your concocted stories.

See how you disabled your account and ran with your tail behind your back after being confronted with facts. cheesy
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by oilyngbati(m): 8:47am On Feb 16, 2021

I am an Anioma !
I claim my Anioma people are Edo, so do Anioma monarchs. The only people whom are focibly trying to claim other ethnicities in the south are the igbo and the yoruba.
Anioma is not an ethnic group, rather an acronym for different Igboid clan, even though some of them now deny their Igbo heritage.
Now, you an Edo minority man wants to claim kinship with folks that speak different language from you, is that not madness? You are a mere minority and that will remain your portion eternally, you can’t fight what God has destined. All these your looking for kinship will vanish the very minute Nigeria implodes and watch everything reverts back to its natural state.
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by oilyngbati(m): 8:54am On Feb 16, 2021
Also let it be know on record that the Edos that are claiming kinship with the anioma today complained about Okonkwo being made the administrator of the Republic of Benin (formerly Midwest region) in 1967. They (Edos) saw Okonkwo, an Anioma son as Igbo. If they truly believe that Anioma are from a mere tiny minority place called Edo, then why did the Edos opposed Okonkwo as the administrator of the defunct republic? This is for the Anioma sons/daughters to think. They want to isolate you from the larger Igbo family and decimate you eventually. It’s easier to ravage a smaller group than a larger group.
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by oilyngbati(m): 8:59am On Feb 16, 2021
In the periods of the pogroms of 1966-1967, these mere minorities of Edo took part in killing the Igbo speaking part of the Midwest. In Benin, the Edos/Binis pointed out the homes of Anioma people to the Nigerian army who in turn killed the Anioma and fed their flesh to pigs. This is a true life events that took place in Benin. My uncle was a living witness of these sad tales before he was able to escape back to Asaba and then to Ontisha.
These slimy minorities in Edo/delta were complicit in the Asaba massacre too.
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by adadike(f): 9:01am On Feb 16, 2021
Ekealterego:

Don't mind them. People from Asaba and Ogwashi uku have been warning the Ikas and Ukwani people seriously from bringing disgrace to them by tgging them with !"anioma is not Igbo" discussion.
The last Ukwuani guy who posted something controversial was met with serious rebuttals from non-Ika people.
Most people who post these things are from Edo state and Ukwuani.
I just read this article from Ngoyi Okonjo
Biko nna, where does Aboh belong in this group. Are they proudly igbos or they are also claiming Bini? Will be expecting your reply. Thanks
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by Ekealterego: 9:17am On Feb 16, 2021
adadike:
Biko nna, where does Aboh belong in this group. Are they proudly igbos or they are also claiming Bini? Will be expecting your reply. Thanks
The irony is that many of the early Europeans started learning Igbo history within the original Igboland at Aboe (now Aboh) with Eze Obi Tchukuma asides from what they already knew at Bonny, Sierra-Leone etc.
However, today, I believe Aboh falls within the Ukwuani area, and this area is a hard 50/50.
There is a constant debate on their Ukwuani TV every day. To their credit, the early Europeans actually noted their relationship with Bini although they exclusively mentioned them as Igbos and how they had the yearly pilgrimage at far away Arochukwu.
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by adadike(f): 9:29am On Feb 16, 2021
Ekealterego:

The irony is that many of the early Europeans started learning Igbo history within the original Igboland at Aboe (now Aboh) with Eze Obi Tchukuma asides from what they already knew at Bonny, Sierra-Leone etc.
However, today, I believe Aboh falls within the Ukwuani area, and this area is a hard 50/50.
There is a constant debate on their Ukwuani TV every day. To their credit, the early Europeans actually noted their relationship with Bini although they exclusively mentioned them as Igbos and how they had the yearly pilgrimage at far away Arochukwu.
thanks so much for this reply. You are a darling.
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by ariesbull: 10:09am On Feb 16, 2021
pazienza:

What in that picture is Bini? Does Oba Bini do Ofala/Ovala? Do you know what is Ofala? Do you know how deeply rooted in Nri traditions it is?

Does the name Ezechima sound Bini to you?

Do you know how many Onichas we have scattered in Igbo land like -Shires are scattered in. England?

Develop your Edo land and stop looking towards Igbo land. Because even Igbanke in Edo state might not even be left for you, if you continue like this.

The most important thing is that they are still minority
Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by ariesbull: 10:12am On Feb 16, 2021

you keep pretending to be blind: THE SWORD

All the rest you said is utter nonesense.

For anybody who truly wants biafra, it is people like this guy whom are preventing it from ever materializing.
You can't win if you are simultanously fighting for freedom and for bondage.

You have to chose one: freedom or bondage ?

the fulani are fighting for bondage, at least they are consistent, they know what they want, whereas you guys are walking in opposit directions.

Benin copied that sword from igbo just like they copied maarkets days and many metal stuff that Awka smiths thought them

This is Obi of Nnewi is he a Benin man
.... Dude the hood doesn't make a monk

The other is igwe ifitedunu

Re: We Are Not Igbos And Not Part Of Biafra- Anioma Ethnic Nationality by Ojiofor: 10:34am On Feb 16, 2021
ogbuefieze:

Majority of those so called Anioma people denying their Igboness are Ika people, those ones have never identified with Igbos so we don't care about them. I would be worried if the Enuani part of Anioma where the likes of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Ned Nwoko, JJ Okocha etc who have all proudly projected their Igboness start to deny their identity overnight. I could care less about the Ika/Kwale people, those ones are more or less lost and found Benin people appropriating our culture, names and language anyway.

Emeka Esogbue and many others are from so called Enuani in that group and there are many from so called Ika who are proudly pro Igbo.
Btw,I don't blame anyone who is trying to distance his people from IPOB madness and foolish agitation that bring nothing but sorrow and death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

House Of Representatives Passes 2022 Budget / Decent Villages In Southeast Nigeria / Jonathan Warns Ghadaffi Over Comments On Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.