Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban (18100 Views)

Nigeria SEC Seek To Raise Cryptocurrency Exchange Registration Fee / Naira Hits N860/$ Record Low On Black Market Ahead Of Central Bank Meeting / SEC To Regulate Crypto Assets And Blockchain-related Activities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by LiquidMer: 2:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
slimkhalifa:

Okay delete ur no
No let dem spam u o
the moniker your quoted to edit his is a well known scammer don't be fooled... Kutynez is a scammer
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Johnnyessence(m): 2:40pm On Feb 14, 2021
Kayharry:
he doesn't even have education himself .
yes, he's illiterate in thinking.
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by hermesprogidy(m): 2:46pm On Feb 14, 2021
definitelyCYRIL:
Abeg make them do fast bring back crypto abeg.

Please who wants to see xrp(ripple) coin?? I want to buy.
XRP is a hot cake. A sleeping giant.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by hermesprogidy(m): 2:48pm On Feb 14, 2021
Whada:
If you have an uncle who is around 60 years old, ask him about cryptocurrency and see the knowledge gap. Now imagine him as the President or CBN governor with such level of ignorance. Now the President is far above 60 and he's supposed to give the final word on stuff like cryptocurrency how much knowledge gap would you expect from an octogenerian?

Don't expect too much from that generation. They are a bunch of retrogressives.
They should all be executed. That generation is a cancer to Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Basher8583: 2:57pm On Feb 14, 2021
Whada:
If you have an uncle who is around 60 years old, ask him about cryptocurrency and see the knowledge gap. Now imagine him as the President or CBN governor with such level of ignorance. Now the President is far above 60 and he's supposed to give the final word on stuff like cryptocurrency how much knowledge gap would you expect from an octogenerian?

Don't expect too much from that generation. They are a bunch of retrogressives.

That your uncle is draft at 60 does not make other people's uncle draft. Just speak for your draft family. The information Emefiele has about cryptocurrency as a regulator is not in your reach boy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by mildflame: 2:58pm On Feb 14, 2021
Basher8583:

Manna. How do you regulate anonymous transactions.
That's the problem with cryptocurrency.
This is the payment mode kidnappers are now resorting to due to its anonymity.
Yahoo boys have found a safe haven in cryptocurrency.
Those who have stashed stolen Cash from FG who cannot integrate it into the system or move abroad because of Buhari's eagle eyed approach have discovered that the best way is to go thru bitcoin.

Sincerely if you only know how dumb this comment of yours is, you will keep quiet.
You are indirectly telling us how incompetent agencies like EFCC, NIA, DSS even with BVN and collaborations with international agencies are

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by mildflame: 3:01pm On Feb 14, 2021
Basher8583:

That your uncle is draft at 60 does not make other people's uncle draft. Just speak for your draft family. The information Emefiele has about cryptocurrency as a regulator is not in your reach boy.

Emefiele is programmed to serve is currency racketeering cabals....even Sanusi knows this
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Basher8583: 3:07pm On Feb 14, 2021
CaptMG:
Was jus about venturing into bitcoin trading b4 I heard of dis ban don't know my fate nw

Crypto is not banned. What CBN said was that crypto should remain independent and as such no bank should serve as a repository for Thier deposits.

So you want to buy bitcoin pay cash. You cannot transfer. You want to sell bitcoin accept cash. No trasfers. My advise tobyou is to better trust who you are doing biz with. No bank will help you recover any lost funds as this result
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2021
johnmartus:
You can't even edit the trash you copy and pasted there.now you will tell me you're a graduate. Did you write project in your final year?

Even your own correction is trash
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by kennyamusan(m): 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2021
The central bank saw that nothing can be done about Bitcoin but because they couldn't admit , the had to use SEC to say they want to regulate

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by RRodwave(m): 3:19pm On Feb 14, 2021
nextBIGthing:
Pls does anyone knows how I can cashout my bitcoin to Naira ??
Sorry bro unless you do peer to peer trading
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by femijay8271(m): 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2021
fowlyansh181:
transfer to your binance wallet , sell via p2p

pls can I have your contact bro?
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by fowlyansh181(m): 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2021
femijay8271:

pls can I have your contact bro?
shoot me a pm
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Basher8583: 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2021
mildflame:

Sincerely if you only know how dumb this comment of yours is, you will keep quiet.
You are indirectly telling us how incompetent agencies like EFCC, NIA, DSS even with BVN and collaborations with international agencies are

Do you really know and understand the definition of anonymous?

most of you don't even know what cryptocurrency is all about. you just like making noise up and down just for the sake of opposing the government.

See this one talking about BVN.

Olodo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by femijay8271(m): 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2021
fowlyansh181:
shoot me a pm
alright
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2021
LiquidMer:
the moniker your quoted to edit his is a well known scammer don't be fooled... Kutynez is a scammer
Bow I know why he keep saying I send him money first
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Endtimecaller: 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2021
Nigeria ooooooooooo!
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by purplekayc(m): 4:31pm On Feb 14, 2021
post=99054709:
To regulate this make more sense than outright banning.

This post make sense totally.
We understand better by this.
Thanks Mr Basher.
banned in india too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by EM123: 4:52pm On Feb 14, 2021
johnmartus:
You can't even edit the trash you copy and pasted there.now you will tell me you're a graduate. Did you write project in your final year?
over sabi weldone ooo
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by bodmas119(m): 5:01pm On Feb 14, 2021
nextBIGthing:
Pls does anyone knows how I can cashout my bitcoin to Naira ??
Chat me on 08137138818
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Jeffy1206(m): 5:23pm On Feb 14, 2021
Me no understand wey dem talk to regulate here o undecidedabi my brain don freeze with the recent rise in BNB ne grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Coinbased: 5:52pm On Feb 14, 2021
They are clueless they have no business with crypto
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by PissfulProtester: 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2021
Basher8583:

Crypto is not banned. What CBN said was that crypto should remain independent and as such no bank should serve as a repository for Thier deposits.

So you want to buy bitcoin pay cash. You cannot transfer. You want to sell bitcoin accept cash. No trasfers. My advise tobyou is to better trust who you are doing biz with. No bank will help you recover any lost funds as this result
Basher8583..I need you to shed more light on the recent "ban" by CBN. Will accounts of individuals who have bought crypto in the past (using their ATM card and buying from trading platforms like binance, crypto.com etc) be closed following instruction from CBN?
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by PissfulProtester: 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2021
GeneralPula:

What do you want to understand?

Crypto or the ban? If crypto, what would you like to know?
GeneralPula..I need you to shed more light on the recent "ban" by CBN. Will accounts of individuals who have bought crypto in the past (using their ATM card and buying from trading platforms like binance, crypto.com etc) be closed following instruction from CBN?
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by GeneralPula: 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2021
PissfulProtester:
GeneralPula..I need you to shed more light on the recent "ban" by CBN. Will accounts of individuals who have bought crypto in the past (using their ATM card and buying from trading platforms like binance, crypto.com etc) be closed following instruction from CBN?

I’m yet to understand about the Ban myself bruh..

CBN said crypto traders bank accounts should be ban. I guess they’re referring to people who are using crypto as their exchange medium or so..

They shouldn’t get hard on a casual bitcoin purchase users...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by shidof(m): 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2021
post=99054709:
To regulate this make more sense than outright banning.

This post make sense totally.
We understand better by this.
Thanks Mr Basher.
This zombism is on an incurable level.I doubt whether you will ever be sane again
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by Whada: 7:32pm On Feb 14, 2021
Basher8583:

Did u say 'draft'? Apparently you don't know what the conditional word 'if' means and since you cannot comprehend a simple hypothetical illustration, I shouldn't waste my time. It already shows how much respect you have for your family and of course you've been Emefiele's teacher and private researcher so you know how much information he has and of course you know me so well that your cockroach mind can easily assume I know nothing about crypto. Keep displaying ur assumptive senselessness on NL. Got no time for ppl like u who have no home training and can curse families online.
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by GeneralPula: 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2021
Udopasa:

Please, can I send you a dm?

Why?

We can converse on here right?
Re: Nigeria’s SEC Plans To Regulate Crypto On Hold In Light Of Central Bank Ban by NLPoliceWoman: 8:48pm On Feb 14, 2021
shidof:
This zombism is on an incurable level.I doubt whether you will ever be sane again
Justwise Dominique Seun Mynd44.
Rule 2

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Plans To Generate 12,000MW Of Electricity By 2018 / Dangote Refinery Will Transform Nigeria’s Economy / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 15.5% To Curb Rising Inflation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.