Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving (4635 Views)

Is Piggyvest Safe And Approved By CBN / Is Piggyvest A Bdc? / Piggyvest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Sharmeenator(m): 12:41pm On Feb 14, 2021
Due to the unstable nature of Naira and Nigeria's unpredictable political future, I have been searching for ways to convert all or 80% of my Savings to Dollars. Going through the banks is a No-No for reasons best known to all. I searched the internet for possible solutions and I came across Piggyvest Flex Dollars Savings and investment. I have gone through their website and read through their offerings and promises and I can say they are interesting. They even claimed that funds are insured and they are licensed Microfinance bank. I will appreciate an objective review of their claims by professionals here and long-standing customers. How well and how true are funds insured from bureaucratic and governmental fallouts?

1 Like

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by wealthgoddess: 1:31pm On Feb 14, 2021
I don't know about piggyvest but have u considered barter from Flutterwave?
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by CollinsJacob1: 1:37pm On Feb 14, 2021
Piggyvest is safe
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Sharmeenator(m): 1:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
wealthgoddess:

I have an account with them, I thought they were all about the virtual dollars card and not a long term saving instrument. I will look into them again. Thank you for your prompt feedback.

1 Like

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Sharmeenator(m): 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2021
CollinsJacob1:
Piggyvest is safe
Yes they claimed that but how well and how true are funds insured from bureaucratic and governmental fallouts?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by CollinsJacob1: 1:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
If you don't trust them you can convert your funds to Usdt and keep in your crypto wallet
Sharmeenator:

Yes they claimed that but how well and how true are funds insured from bureaucratic and governmental fallouts?
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Sharmeenator(m): 2:34pm On Feb 14, 2021
I like the idea of cryptocurrency but the speculative nature is not best for saving all ones fortune. What is Usdt by the way?
CollinsJacob1:
If you don't trust them you can convert your funds to Usdt and keep in your crypto wallet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by NobleRace: 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2021
wealthgoddess:

Does Barter and Flutterwave accept naira deposits in exchange for dollars withdrawal?

1 Like

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by wealthgoddess: 5:46pm On Feb 14, 2021
NobleRace:

Does Barter and Flutterwave accept naira deposits in exchange for dollars withdrawal?
yes they do

1 Like

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Sharmeenator(m): 7:19pm On Feb 14, 2021
I just downloaded Piggyvest and checked their Flex dollars option. Here are my findings:

You will buy the dollars at 480 Naira and sell at 460 Naira.

If you intend to save 200k for instance, the dollar value will be $416.66.

If you decide to get your cash back in Naira, you will sell at 460 Naira. You will be getting 191,663.6 Naira back. That's a loss of over 8k.

But if you intend to save for a year without withdrawal, you will get a 7% ROI on your $416.66 which will give a total returns of $445.82 ($29.16 interest + $416.66). In Naira, you will be getting 205,080.052 Naira (@ 460 sell rate). That's a 5k profit after a year. But if you Naira depreciate, which is likely, u will be getting more.

Though risky, but it provides good cover against Nigeria's ever increasing inflation rate and Naira depreciation. I don't see any policy to drive down the exchange rate in the offing. But I still think the 20 Naira difference between the Buy and Sell rate is too much and not really encouraging.

4 Likes

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Aremolekunowo(m): 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2021
Piggy vest is good alternative have using them for almost two years now, but if you don't trust them enough you can try risevest

2 Likes

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Kobicove(m): 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2021
Sharmeenator:
Due to the unstable nature of Naira and Nigeria's unpredictable political future, I have been searching for ways to convert all or 80% of my Savings to Dollars. Going through the banks is a No-No for reasons best known to all. I searched the internet for possible solutions and I came across Piggyvest Flex Dollars Savings and investment. I have gone through their website and read through their offerings and promises and I can say they are interesting. They even claimed that funds are insured and they are licensed Microfinance bank. I will appreciate an objective review of their claims by professionals here and long-standing customers. How well and how true are funds insured from bureaucratic and governmental fallouts?

My advise to you would be to just open a domiciliary account, convert the money to $ and save it in your account.

In my opinion this is a better option than saving in an online saving scheme which may not survive in the next 5 years

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by omotola90(m): 10:06pm On Feb 14, 2021
Kobicove:

My advise to you would be to just open a domiciliary account, convert the money to $ and save it in your account.

In my opinion this is a better option than saving in an online saving scheme which may not survive in the next 5 years
lol...piggybank is no ponzi or get rich scheme......

1 Like

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by omotola90(m): 10:29pm On Feb 14, 2021
Aremolekunowo:
Piggy vest is good alternative have using them for almost two years now, but if you don't trust them enough you can try risevest
they are both safe
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Sharmeenator(m): 11:10pm On Feb 14, 2021
Kobicove:

Banks would want you to source for Dollars from the BDC or black market to save into your Domiciliary account. I remember calling my bank to know if I could get dollars at their rate which was 391 Naira then, but the official said No. Let's assume for example I converted 1milion Naira to $2105 sourced from the black market at 475 Naira to a dollar. If I decided to save that sum in my Dom account, I will only be able to get it out at a far lesser rate which is the bank rate. Please correct me if I'm wrong. And with the policy flip-flop of the CBN, I might find it difficult to get the fund out when I needed it most.

1 Like

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by CollinsJacob1: 11:15pm On Feb 14, 2021
USDT and BNB are not speculative they are stable coins exact replica of the dollar in crypto world
Sharmeenator:
I like the idea of cryptocurrency but the speculative nature is not best for saving all ones fortune. What is Usdt by the way?
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Sharmeenator(m): 12:10am On Feb 15, 2021
CollinsJacob1:
USDT and BNB are not speculative they are stable coins exact replica of the dollar in crypto world
Thank you for the feedback. Now that banks have been stopped from honouring crypto transactions, how do one go about funding USDT and BNB?
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Kobicove(m): 12:18am On Feb 15, 2021
Sharmeenator:

Banks would want you to source for Dollars from the BDC or black market to save into your Domiciliary account. I remember calling my bank to know if I could get dollars at their rate which was 391 Naira then, but the official said No. Let's assume for example I converted 1milion Naira to $2105 sourced from the black market at 475 Naira to a dollar. If I decided to save that sum in my Dom account, I will only be able to get it out at a far lesser rate which is the bank rate. Please correct me if I'm wrong. And with the policy flip-flop of the CBN, I might find it difficult to get the fund out when I needed it most.

There is nothing wrong in buying the dollar from he black market since the purpose is to save the money for the long term.

I can assure you that the CBN will never institute a policy that will restrict your access to forex in your bank account especially since you did not get is from the CBN at government rates
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Kobicove(m): 12:24am On Feb 15, 2021
omotola90:
lol...piggybank is no ponzi or get rich scheme......

I know it's not a Ponzi scheme but he is going to pay the money into a bank account which is not controlled by him and hope that Piggyvest will be liquid enough to return the money to him when he wants it in about 20 or 30years

Don't be deceived by those dashboards they allow you to log into and view your balance and interest earned it is not directly linked to the bank account of the investment company!

Cc Sharmeenator

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Kobicove(m): 12:30am On Feb 15, 2021
Sharmeenator:

Thank you for the feedback. Now that banks have been stopped from honouring crypto transactions, how do one go about funding USDT and BNB?

If you decide to go this route be ready to buy a cold storage wallet so you can store your Cryptos offline... if you leave it in an online wallet or with the exchange and hackers get to it your entire life savings will be stolen.

If you ever forget the password you will loose your savings because there is no way to recover it!
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by omotola90(m): 12:47am On Feb 15, 2021
Kobicove:

I know it's not a Ponzi scheme but he is going to pay the money into a bank account which is not controlled by him and hope that Piggyvest will be liquid enough to return the money to him when he wants it.

Don't be deceived by those dashboards they allow you to log into and view you balance and interest, it is not directly linked to the bank account of the investment company!

Cc Sharmeenator
@sharmeenator, you see, due diligence is always vital or pivotal in carrying out or better put weighing up investment options.... A quick look out is are these companies recognised by SEC... Are there any good reviews about them... There are couple of investment houses like:
Investment one
Overwood
Risevest
These aforementioned investment houses are good to go.... N. B risevest trade in stock.. But carry due diligence in whatever option or decision you make.... Piggyvest is a good option for you(strict savings) and better intrest rate if you ask me.... Not forgetting investment one and overwood.... Emmasoft... Over to you sire

1 Like

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by CollinsJacob1: 4:32am On Feb 15, 2021
P2P on Binance
Sharmeenator:

1 Like

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by NobleRace: 7:56am On Feb 15, 2021
wealthgoddess:

yes they do

Thanks for the heads-up.

Please what's their exchange rate? Do the accept dollar deposits too for Naira withdrawal?

Thanks again.
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Olu14993: 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2021
Getting usd from the black market and saving dem is kind of a no brainier for me cos u buy from dem at a higher rate and sell to them at a lower rate.

Buh a lesser way of getting usd is if u have friends/family abroad.dey do a direct deposit/wire transfer into ur Dom acct and u give dem d naira equivalent.Dis is a business am into
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Erums(m): 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
Olu14993:
Getting usd from the black market and saving dem is kind of a no brainier for me cos u buy from dem at a higher rate and sell to them at a lower rate.

Buh a lesser way of getting usd is if u have friends/family abroad.dey do a direct deposit/wire transfer into ur Dom acct and u give dem d naira equivalent.Dis is a business am into

Can you Pls enlighten me on this?
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by Olu14993: 7:32am On Apr 11, 2021
Chat me up on 07026052814

Can you Pls enlighten me on this?
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by purpose08: 3:25pm On Aug 09, 2021
On Piggyvest right now, they offer 7%pa for their Flex dollar account. The USD Buy price is N525 and the sell price is N510. This results in an effective 3.9%pa ROI if Naira is stable and you decide to sell your dollar for Naira with Piggyvest after one year. However, if Naira depreciates, the ROI (in Naira terms) increases depending on the new rate. Effectively protecting you from Naira depreciation. There is also the option to directly transfer your dollars from your Flex Dollar account to your Nigerian USD Dom account (costs N3,500 per transaction) or your American USD bank Account (costs $45 per transaction)
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by civilserva: 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2021
The issue is I don't know the integrity of these young fintech promoters. The scheme is good but can it stay on in the next 5 years or greedy executive will wake up one day and convert the fund to personal use?.
I have account with them as well as others . My strategy is to distribute my dollar savings to different fintech to reduce losses in the event of any of them going distress.

1 Like

Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by omotola90(m): 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
civilserva:
The issue is I don't know the integrity of these young fintech promoters. The scheme is good but can it stay on in the next 5 years or greedy executive will wake up one day and convert the fund to personal use?.
I have account with them as well as others . My strategy is to distribute my dollar savings to different fintech to reduce losses in the event of any of them going distress.
it is the best thing to happen out there(piggyvest)
Re: How Safe And Sound Is Piggyvest Are Their Better Alternatives For Dollars Saving by earthrealm(m): 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2022
Is ot still working now?.
Nope!
omotola90:
it is the best thing to happen out there(piggyvest)

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Invest With 1m Dat Would Bring Steady Profit / Join Now And Make Between N500 - N5000 Daily While Performing Simple Task / NSE Market Capitalisation Rebounds By N41bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.