Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 (32672 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's First Day As WTO Director-General (Pictures) / COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed To Board Of Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Kingrefreshed: 5:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
fergie001:
The World Trade Organisation (WTO) today formally ratified the candidacy of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as its first female and African Director-General (DG).

The decision was taken by consensus at a special meeting today of the Organisation's General Council.

WTO

Okonjo-Iweala had built her campaign on rebuilding trust, hunting for solutions, strengthening the multi-lateral trading system of the WTO amid growing protectionism.

I am proud of Who we are. We are great people. That's why they keep hating!

We go for the best positions!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2021
nairalandankrah:
#ipobamaka
Monogamy will not like this.

Cc lzaa msallison

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by GodisFirst: 5:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
NGO baby, Nwanyi Oma. Congratulations to you ma. You are indeed an achiever.
this is just the beginning for you. May you have a purposeful, successful and fruitful tenure. May your steers and contributions during your tenure be such that will chart a new course for a better world in which Africa and Nigeria and other developing nations will no longer be oppressed or marginalized in the world trade business. May God guide, bless and protect you. Amen. It shall be well with you.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by damzy88: 5:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
The future is blink for present day Nigerian women.

Lets be sincere, it will be rear to see women like her in this generation.

Many women here have lost all their educational vibes, all that matters to them now is runs, fashion, gossip and Instagram.
I agree.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by chris51(f): 5:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Trump may die of heart attack with this

He deserves to have heart attack. Thank God he lost the election
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by chris51(f): 5:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
chris51:

He deserves to have heart attack. Thank God he lost the election
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Bimpe29: 5:17pm On Feb 15, 2021
It's finally become a reality.

Congratulations to her!

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by dimugonabo: 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:
Congratulations to her, but I'm irked that just a single country has so much power to determine who becomes the DG. They should go ahead and rename it as USTO.

The vote is based on consensus.

If one country doesn't agree, then there's no vote.

US was the only country that didn't agree
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Mozegee: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2021
God in heaven,I pray you visit i and my family with the kind of Grace u have graciously showered upon this woman. Heaven please I beg of you.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Mmisau: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by mechanics(m): 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2021
Congrats to her.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by SexytorresE(f): 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2021
Babzrockman:
Congratulations madam!
When Nigerians made us proud outside d county, we rejoice as one entity.
Football is another thing that unite us.
But Religion and ethnicity are the major problems.

God go punish Herdsmen killing and kidnapping innocent people.
u said it all
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by KenModi(m): 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2021
RenaissanceGuy:
Congratulations to her, but I'm irked that just a single country has so much power to determine who becomes the DG. They should go ahead and rename it as USTO.

Got any idea how much they contribute to that organization? Lets not even calculate it.

Also, they are the most powerful country in the world. Think I am telling lies, ask the IG of police, he would tell you its true cos he had no idea they rescued their citizen kidnapped in Nigeria till he read it in the papers. cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Kennitrust(m): 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
seunmsg:
Congratulations to her. When we unite for a common purpose as a country, not even the US can stop us. Kudos to the Buhari administration for coming through for her. We hope she leads the organization well and show Nigeria’s exceptionalism to the rest of the world.
your comment was ok until you mention buhari and spoil everything

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by okpurukata(f): 5:29pm On Feb 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Many women here have lost all their educational vibes, all that matters to them now is runs, fashion, gossip and Instagram.

Withis type of grammar you are blowing here, the future is indeed bleak for men too. Oga go back to school and learn English.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by tot(f): 5:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Blink? Rear?
Better leave Nigerian women alone, this one that ordinary bleak and rare you can't type well undecided
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by tot(f): 5:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
okpurukata:

Withis type of grammar you are blowing here, the future is indeed bleak for men too. Oga go back to school and learn English.

As in, you read my mind cheesy cheesy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Ykc2(m): 5:36pm On Feb 15, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
Congratulations to my elder sister cool celebration has started grin I wish Agu is still alive to see you making us proud sad

God bless ogwashi uku

God bless my south Eastern brothers and sisters

God bless Anioma land
my sister may chukwu okike bless you more ,am so over happy,is only when I came to lagos I started hearing delta igbos this that in the east there is nothing like delta igbo,ndubisi nda is the captain for rangers then in enugu ,Kingsley obiekwu is from nko?okocha nko ?I was surprised the first day I heard bendel igbo then later delta igbo

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Orokojasper(m): 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
IamFINESSE:
IGBO AMAKA

She is from Delta state..... Let's support her for Nigeria president, at least she IGBO..... Anyways, congratulations to her
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by tot(f): 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2021
seunmsg:
Congratulations to her. When we unite for a common purpose as a country, not even the US can stop us. Kudos to the Buhari administration for coming through for her. We hope she leads the organization well and show Nigeria’s exceptionalism to the rest of the world.

Mr 2face. One minute he is talking about "uniting for a common purpose", the next he is doing his usual APC PDP division. You can only deceive yourself sha.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Ekealterego: 5:39pm On Feb 15, 2021
Keemsleek005:

I asked a question cos i didnt understand the argument then when they said the chief defence is not an ibo and madam iwela is igbo. All i asked for was clarification and nothing more. Just want to learn more.
Okay, I will explain better. "Delta Igbos" like Igbos in other states do not have a homogenous dialect or even culture. Now, in the Westernmost parts, the cultures have an intermixture with Bini culture and probably influence in the past. So, around Agbor or even Igbanke (Igbo Akiri) in Edo state, there are families with Edo names (Those families are probably from Bini). Although Ika is an Igboid language or Igbo dialect, many people from that area do not go with the Igbo identity, they rather stuck to the Ika identity after the war. So, names like Irabor is surely not Igbo and this caused the initial confusion.
However, Ngozi is from Ogwashi Ukwu, and they have a completely different dialect and history from Ika.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by IamFINESSE: 5:39pm On Feb 15, 2021
Orokojasper:

She is from Delta state..... Let's support her for Nigeria president, at least she IGBO..... Anyways, congratulations to her

Sher is Igbo and that's what matters to me and not her state
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by annyz: 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2021
nairalandankrah:
#ipobamaka

Igbo amaka when it comes to Ngozi Okonjo Iweala but when it comes to Leo Irabor you here nothing.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by wamide042(m): 5:44pm On Feb 15, 2021
Please where is Aunty kemi.... she’s yet to reply oo..
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Ashirioluwa: 5:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
Mr. Trump will be seriously devastated concerning this news
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Deepsky(m): 5:48pm On Feb 15, 2021
Glory be to God
Congrats 2 NOI
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by ejanla077: 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Trump may die of heart attack with this

Yoruba Muslims
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by ejanla077: 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
Prodigee:
Congrats omo naija! Anybody wey say Igbo Amaka na ogun go strike your right yansh.
Igbo amaka

AFONJA MUSLIM MISCREANTS YMM... ajọ ka
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by Btruth: 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2021
Congratulations maa.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 by ejanla077: 6:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
favinvest:
sorry, am not trying to play the tribalism card..

i thought some of us said many years ago that Kemi is better than her

You mean the Hackney eyed kemi dat Went to polytechnic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Afghanistan: Buhari Says Africa Is Next Global Frontline Of Terrorism / Gov Eno Visits Family Of Late Nollywood Make-up Artist (Pics) / Picture Of Nigerian Army Anti-bomb Squad Inspecting Bombed Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.