Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,176 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Why Money Matters ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Money Matters ? (322 Views)

Money Matters In Marriage / Why Money Doesn't Bring Satisfaction / Chinaza Favor, "All that matters" a beautiful song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Money Matters ? by cooltola(m): 4:59pm On Feb 15, 2021
I have heard many people saying that money is the root of the evil which is not true. The love of money is the root of money , not money. Money is very essential in the church. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs 1 Timothy 6:10 . The Church is the body of Christ and the church have bills to pay. Bills are part of life whether one like or not as long as we lives . Most church activities involves some funds and resources. Resources such as people skills and so on.
Now when you visit a church building or you gather together in a church, you spend money on transport, money on food, moner b
Re: Why Money Matters ? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:15pm On Feb 15, 2021
cooltola:
I have heard many people saying that money is the root of the evil which is not true. The love of money is the root of money , not money. Money is very essential in the church. The Church is the body of christ and

Money is a lie son, The Lord did not make money!
Re: Why Money Matters ? by cooltola(m): 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Money is a lie son, The Lord did not make money!

Bros, I have not even finish writing what I am about to write.
Re: Why Money Matters ? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:10pm On Feb 15, 2021
cooltola:

Bros, I have not even finish writing what I am about to write.

Okay, but by your header you are already wrong for God did not make man to need money neither is (rather should) money be for the man.

Thus, money does not matter, it is paper like wood and stone thus of little worth.
Re: Why Money Matters ? by cooltola(m): 11:28pm On Feb 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Okay, but by your header you are already wrong for God did not make man to need money neither is (rather should) money be for the man.

Thus, money does not matter, it is paper like wood and stone thus of little worth.

I have never said that ALL I SAID IT IS THAT THE money is not the root of evil but the love of money is the root of all evel based on 1 timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. . It is not bad to have money but when one has an possessive love of money that is where evil lurks. That all I said and let me finish writing my though.
Re: Why Money Matters ? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:40pm On Feb 15, 2021
cooltola:

I have never said that ALL I SAID IT IS THAT THE money is not the root of evil but the love of money is the root of all evel based on 1 timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. . It is not bad to have money but when one has an possessive love of money that is where evil lurks. That all I said and let me finish writing my though.

I do understand what you said but I am countering that money itself is bad, not just the love for it.

That is why most people do not have it because it is the will of God that they should not so that they may acquire Life. Any who has it, is destined for damnation.

Money is a lie go check out the history of money and why it gained popularity most importantly, look at the character of the persons who created and promoted it, maybe you may see and understand why The Lord speaks the way He Does and His Admonishings recorded in the Bible.
Re: Why Money Matters ? by cooltola(m): 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I do understand what you said but I am countering that money itself is bad, not just the love for it.

That is why most people do not have it because it is the will of God that they should not so that they may acquire Life. Any who has it, is destined for damnation.

Money is a lie go check out the history of money and why it gained popularity most importantly, look at the character of the persons who created and promoted it, maybe you may see and understand why The Lord speaks the way He Does and His Admonishings recorded in the Bible.

How is money bad? Money is just a tool like the internet. It can be a blessing or curse if it is used right or wrong. Please explain how and let me hear your reasons.
Re: Why Money Matters ? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:05am On Feb 16, 2021
cooltola:

How is money bad? Money is just a tool like the internet. It can be a blessing or curse if it is used right or wrong.

As I said if you checked the history of money you would know that money is an Crafty Evil Distraction so that you do not see nor know what The Lord did for all men and the goodness thereof nor see the evil that men are doing!
Re: Why Money Matters ? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:09am On Feb 16, 2021
cooltola:

How is money bad? Money is just a tool like the internet. It can be a blessing or curse if it is used right or wrong. Please explain how and let me hear your reasons.

When a crime is alleged an investigation is carried out. When an investigation is carried out, a journey to the past is embarked upon so as to discover the Truth.

Thus, the Truth is in the Past!
Re: Why Money Matters ? by cooltola(m): 4:56am On Feb 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

When a crime is alleged an investigation is carried out. When an investigation is carried out, a journey to the past is embarked upon so as to discover the Truth.

Thus, the Truth is in the Past!
Whether the history is money is evil which i agree. Money is important and is a measure of wealth. And this is why i am writing what i am writing to explain how money matters in the Kingdom of God. Gold , silver and other precious metals , stone , property are included in this topic that I am writing. Stay tuned bro
Re: Why Money Matters ? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:38am On Feb 16, 2021
cooltola:

Whether the history is money is evil which i agree. Money is important and is a measure of wealth.And this is why i am writing what i am writing to explain how money matters in the Kingdom of God. Gold , silver and other precious metals , stone , property are included in this topic that I am writing. Stay tuned bro

And that is what makes you a False Preacher who knows not The Lord, nor His ways but the World's/Flesh's Preacher come to block and cover souls from finding the way of Life, for The Lord hath said

"Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price." Isaiah 55:1

"If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. John 4:10
Re: Why Money Matters ? by cooltola(m): 9:09am On Feb 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

And that is what makes you a False Preacher who knows not The Lord, nor His ways but the World's/Flesh's Preacher come to block and cover souls from finding the way of Life, for The Lord hath said

"Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price." Isaiah 55:1

"If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. John 4:10

You just jumped into conclusion without fully hearing what i have about to say. You need to listen first to all of the narrative
That all is i am saying, then you can fully conclude and judge what if my words are in lines to God words in the bible or I am just a liar. That why I said stay tuned and let me finish all i was about to say. I have not finished writing what i am about to write b4. Barely started self before i am labelled a false preacher. Please show me a church as of today that operate without money , i really want to know and how they do so so I can be enlightened. Anyway God bless you.
Re: Why Money Matters ? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:52am On Feb 16, 2021
cooltola:

You just jumped into conclusion without fully hearing what i have about to say. You need to listen first to all of the narrative is all is i am saying, then you can conclude and judge what if my words are in lines to God words in the bible. That why I said stay tuned and let me finish all i was about to say. I have not finished writing what i am about to write b4. Barely started self before i am labelled a false preacher.

Would you wait to read a post on "Why Rape is important?" No, you would not (or should not).

Why? Because, you already fore-know that rape is wrong and very wicked ab initio.

This is so with your proposed teaching about the money which I am telling you is a falsehood because money is a fraud used to steal your goods (but you do not know that).

And that The Lord is against it, which is why most people do not have it, but they do not understand that they are not supposed to have it because it is The Lord Who gives every good thing and He gives them For Free or for something good which you have to give in return or He gets His enemies to pay for the goods you enjoyed or any other move He chooses to make so long as you are given your goods.

These and more are the things you do not know about the Great Goodness of our Creator and Father, Whom we call God!

Money is deceitful, wicked and a Big Trap which has enslaved many souls and keeping them busy doing emptinesses and struggling to fill a void container with water using a basket.

Money is that basket, that container will never have much even if given 1000years!
Re: Why Money Matters ? by cooltola(m): 10:05am On Feb 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Would you wait to read a post on "Why Rape is important?" No, you would not (or should not).

Why? Because, you already fore-know that rape is wrong and very wicked ab initio.

This is so with your proposed teaching about the money which I am telling you is a falsehood because money is a fraud used to steal your goods (but you do not know that).

And that The Lord is against it, which is why most people do not have it, but they do not understand that they are not supposed to have it because it is The Lord Who gives every good thing and He gives them For Free or for something good which you have to give in return or He gets His enemies to pay for the goods you enjoyed or any other move He chooses to make so long as you are given your goods.

These and more are the things you do not know about the Great Goodness of our Creator and Father, Whom we call God!

Money is deceitful, wicked and a Big Trap which has enslaved many souls and keeping them busy doing emptinesses and struggling to fill a void container with water using a basket.

Money is that basket, that container will never have much even if given 1000years!

Let be practical then , show me a church as of today that does not operate without money. Since money is so evil why are churches using such evil to operate? They just buy land for free to build a bulding abi without paying money abi.Pay electric bill for free wihout using money to pay? Buy petrol for church buses for free without using money. Just show me one church bro that does not operate with money
Re: Why Money Matters ? by Ihedinobi3: 10:18am On Feb 16, 2021
cooltola:
I have heard many people saying that money is the root of the evil which is not true. The love of money is the root of money , not money. Money is very essential in the church. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs 1 Timothy 6:10 . The Church is the body of Christ and the church have bills to pay. Bills are part of life whether one like or not as long as we lives . Most church activities involves some funds and resources. Resources such as people skills and so on.
Now when you visit a church building or you gather together in a church, you spend money on transport, money on food, moner b

Hi there.

It doesn't appear like you finished what you meant to type. But it seems clear where you're headed. If I'm preempting you, forgive me. Please adjust your appreciation of my response to fit what you have in mind.

Suffice to say that you are right. Money in itself is not evil. It is the love of money that leads us into different kinds of evil. It is good and right to say so. It is biblical truth.

However, there is a reason that the Bible weighs in rather heavily against the love of money right up to the point of naming Money as a rival god to the Lord God (Matthew 6:24).

That reason is that this world runs on money. This is true whether one is a believer or an unbeliever. We all have to pay bills and fulfill responsibilities using money. That often leads many of us into an inordinate attraction to money.

That is what the Bible warns against. Having money to pay our bills is good, but trusting the Lord to provide for us is better. It is He, after all, who gives us the power to create wealth.

So, wisdom would be to not try to launder the image of money. We should be very careful of it instead. When we have need, the wise attitude to take is to pray rather than to worry at the contents of our treasure boxes and purses and whatnot.

To show how sufficient and able our God is, He provided many times for His people without involving the use of money. The Israelites had quail and manna. Their clothes and sandals stayed durable throughout their 45-year march too. Elijah was fed by angels and ravens. A prophet's widow was provided for with oil that flowed miraculously to allow her to sell enough to pay off her debts and live on the rest of it with her sons.

Again and again, the Lord shows us in the Bible that He is not bound by the economic systems of this world. It is to teach us not to be bound by them either. Whether we have a lot of money or even none of it should make no difference to us.

This does not mean that we shouldn't work for a living. We must. The Bible commands us to. And we would also be remiss to be financially irresponsible or economically foolish. Money is one of the resources provided by the Lord for our work here on earth for Him.

What we ought to be careful of is making money an end in itself (an extremely easy thing to do too). When we don't have it, whether through no fault of our own or through our own failure, we are commanded not to worry but rather to trust in the Lord's ability to provide for us. Failing to do this is a sin.
Re: Why Money Matters ? by cooltola(m): 10:40am On Feb 16, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

Hi there.

It doesn't appear like you finished what you meant to type. But it seems clear where you're headed. If I'm preempting you, forgive me. Please adjust your appreciation of my response to fit what you have in mind.

Suffice to say that you are right. Money in itself is not evil. It is the love of money that leads us into different kinds of evil. It is good and right to say so. It is biblical truth.

However, there is a reason that the Bible weighs in rather heavily against the love of money right up to the point of naming Money as a rival god to the Lord God (Matthew 6:24).

That reason is that this world runs on money. This is true whether one is a believer or an unbeliever. We all have to pay bills and fulfill responsibilities using money. That often leads many of us into an inordinate attraction to money.

That is what the Bible warns against. Having money to pay our bills is good, but trusting the Lord to provide for us is better. It is He, after all, who gives us the power to create wealth.

So, wisdom would be to not try to launder the image of money. We should be very careful of it instead. When we have need, the wise attitude to take is to pray rather than to worry at the contents of our treasure boxes and purses and whatnot.

To show how sufficient and able our God is, He provided many times for His people without involving the use of money. The Israelites had quail and manna. Their clothes and sandals stayed durable thought their 45-year march too. Elijah was fed by angels and ravens. A prophet's widow was provided for with oil that flowed miraculously to allow her to sell enough to pay off her debts and live on the rest of it with her sons.

Again and again, the Lord shows us in the Bible that He is not bound by the economic systems of this world. It is to teach us not to be bound by them either. Whether we have a lot of money or even none of it should make no difference to us.

This does not mean that we shouldn't work for a living. We must. The Bible commands us to. And we would also be remiss to be financially irresponsible or economically foolish. Money is one of the resources provided by the Lord for our work here on earth for Him.

What we ought to be careful of is making money an end in itself (an extremely easy thing to do too). When we don't have it, whether through no fault of our own or through our own failure, we are commanded not to worry but rather to trust in the Lord's ability to provide for us. Failing to do this is a sin.
100 percent i agree with you. I The earth belongs to God! Everything in all the world is his Psalm 24. I am writing this article to encourage one to giving your best to God whether with your time , your resources , talents or money. Money and other form of weath are touchy subject nowadays and it is very important why the truth about money must be preached. Many hold on to money too tightly and fail to realise that God is beyond our money and he actually owe everything including wealth, we are just steward of what God already owes. But since we live here on earth, bills are part of life for the church.
money matters because Christ preached about money when he showed a coin of Ceasar.
Re: Why Money Matters ? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:00am On Feb 16, 2021
cooltola:

Let be practical then , show me a church as of today that does not operate without money. Since money is so evil why are churches using such evil to operate? They just buy land for free to build a bulding abi without paying money abi.Pay electric bill for free wihout using money to pay? Buy petrol for church buses for free without using money. Just show me one church bro that does not operate with money

I am speaking practically and I have no regard for church only persons. And this is where the story of my Life is instructive and examplary for I found my wife, I finished school including law school, had a huge wedding, started Law Practice, Bought cars, Travelled, Paying School fees, eating and drinking what I like, wanting nothing for anything I want I get all this done without the reliance of money.
Re: Why Money Matters ? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:08am On Feb 16, 2021
cooltola:

100 percent i agree with you. I The earth belongs to God! Everything in all the world is his Psalm 24. I am writing this article to encourage one to giving your best to God whether with your time , your resources , talents or money. Money and other form of weath are touchy subject nowadays and it is very important why the truth about money must be preached. Many hold on to money too tightly and fail to realise that God is beyond our money and he actually owe everything including wealth, we are just steward of what God already owes. But since we live here on earth, bills are part of life for the church.
money matters because Christ preached about money when he showed a coin of Ceasar.

All that you both say has been preached, in preached, out preached, repreached, over preached, word for word, nothing new yet are the people not filled, for they hunger still, and they Shall and Must yet hunger still, therefore making God a Liar when He said

"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst;"

And yet you thirst, seeking to be filled and be filled again and again from generation to generation, year to year, century to century, yet NONE IS FILLED!

You are all just trying to encourage yourselves in your emptiness by using emptiness to fill emptiness forgetting that

Emptiness + Emptiness = Emptiness raised to the power 2.or in Chemistry, = 2Emtiness with the Chemical Symbol (2E) grin

Well, I am happy to confirm that the Word of The Lord is indeed True, for I do not thirst having Truly Drank it which is why I resist you all!
Re: Why Money Matters ? by Ihedinobi3: 11:27am On Feb 16, 2021
cooltola:

You are certainly right that the earth with everything in it is the Lord's. Money does matter too, and that is a good application of the teaching about giving to Caesar what is his and to God what is His too.

However, I would not say that there is something wrong with money being a touchy subject today. It has always been. The Pharisees loved money and actually judged righteousness by it. That was why the Lord warned them about serving God and Money.

It is often the mark of the false teacher/prophet/apostle that he/she loves money. This is instantly seen in the antics of many of the popular "men of God" here in Nigeria and around the world.

The very teaching of tithing and the one of "seed of faith" were developed out of a love of money. These are not biblical teachings.

Those who are upset at the opulence of these popular men and women are right to be. Those who get angry about the opulence of cathedrals and large financial projects that are carried out at the expense of those who ought to be receiving tutelage in biblical truth are also right to do so.

Of course, you are right that even a gathering of true believers who are zealous for spiritual growth and production (see the link) often requires monetary expense. If they meet in a building, they may need to maintain ownership of or access to it. If any of them falls into material need, then the others will need to support them. They will definitely have a pastor-teacher. He may need their support too.

But this is different from the business of giving just because. Watching over God's flock is not an opportunity to become rich. The Gospel is not a money-spinning scheme for those who believe. So, centering Bible-teaching around material prosperity should make any listener and any teacher very nervous indeed.

Money is part of life in this world. That is why we are commanded to work for a living (pastor-teacher and other members of God's flock both). It is not why we should burden one another with meaningless financial responsibility in the church.
Re: Why Money Matters ? by cooltola(m): 5:35pm On Feb 16, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

You are certainly right that the earth with everything in it is the Lord's. Money does matter too, and that is a good application of the teaching about giving to Caesar what is his and to God what is His too.

However, I would not say that there is something wrong with money being a touchy subject today. It has always been. The Pharisees loved money and actually judged righteousness by it. That was why the Lord warned them about serving God and Money.

It is often the mark of the false teacher/prophet/apostle that he/she loves money. This is instantly seen in the antics of many of the popular "men of God" here in Nigeria and around the world.

The very teaching of tithing and the one of "seed of faith" were developed out of a love of money. These are not biblical teachings.

Those who are upset at the opulence of these popular men and women are right to be. Those who get angry about the opulence of cathedrals and large financial projects that are carried out at the expense of those who ought to be receiving tutelage in biblical truth are also right to do so.

Of course, you are right that even a gathering of true believers who are zealous for spiritual growth and production (see the link) often requires monetary expense. If they meet in a building, they may need to maintain ownership of or access to it. If any of them falls into material need, then the others will need to support them. They will definitely have a pastor-teacher. He may need their support too.

But this is different from the business of giving just because. Watching over God's flock is not an opportunity to become rich. The Gospel is not a money-spinning scheme for those who believe. So, centering Bible-teaching around material prosperity should make any listener and any teacher very nervous indeed.

Money is part of life in this world. That is why we are commanded to work for a living (pastor-teacher and other members of God's flock both). It is not why we should burden one another with meaningless financial responsibility in the church.

Thank you so much, you have written what I am about to say. I also wanted to share the intend of how one gives the money, resources, time , talents and so many gifts that God has blessed each members of the body of Christ. For example If my profession is accountancy, I know I can offer such service of bookkeeping to the church cheerfully , then I will do a church without expecting any pay , compensations, gifts, praise . I do this with a cheerful heart with thanksgiving to God. But I offer such service to a local church reluctantly under pressure , then my intentions are not pure.
2 Corinthians 9: 7-8
7Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
8And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
Re: Why Money Matters ? by Ihedinobi3: 6:53am On Feb 17, 2021
cooltola:

Thank you so much, you have written what I am about to say. I also wanted to share the intend of how one gives the money, resources, time , talents and so many gifts that God has blessed each members of the body of Christ. For example If my profession is accountancy, I know I can offer such service of bookkeeping to the church cheerfully , then I will do a church without expecting any pay , compensations, gifts, praise . I do this with a cheerful heart with thanksgiving to God. But I offer such service to a local church reluctantly under pressure , then my intentions are not pure.
2 Corinthians 9: 7-8
7Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
8And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

My pleasure here.

I certainly am thrilled and encouraged to see such an attitude. Be pleased to continue that way. Our Lord Himself promised that even a cup of cold water given to someone because that person is one of his will not go without a reward from Him.

Of course, this is why spiritual growth (discussed in the link shared in my previous response) is so important. When we grow spiritually and understand who God is and what His plan for us is, then we can better deploy the many resources He has gifted us with to properly bless our fellow believers and willing unbelievers too.

Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

So Much Hatred, Strive And Disunity. / Understanding Facts And Truth About Who God Is / BREAKING: Pastor Adeboye’s Son, Dare Adeboye Dies In His Sleep, Aged 42.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.