Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,812 members, 7,959,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:57 PM

We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja (4588 Views)

Solution To Oil Shortage And Smoking Engines / Can Bad Injector Mouth Causes Black Smoke Or Increase Fuel Consumption / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja by MrFinbarr(m): 12:39pm On May 15, 2021
Solohitt555:
Hey guys, I think I blew up my engine yesterday.
I did the unthinkable of forgetting to cap my radiator and then driving off to work!

I frequently topped up my radiator because of poor seal at the mouth.
The engine is otherwise in great shape with no fault codes, and aircon chilling without break since 2008!
This is a 1MZ-FE on a 2001 Avalon.

So, back to my pain, yesterday, without the radiator cap on, the water evaporated off, and I was only alerted when I noticed what sounded and felt like pinking noise, then low power. By the time my eyes went to the temperature guage, the engine just died on the Oshodi expressway. Total driving time was at least 45 min.
I'm not a car novice, which is why this is so distressing, but I need you gurus to spell it all out for me, and tell what I'm faced with here.

But how can you drive for even 2 minutes without taking a peak at your "instrument cluster"?

I don't know whether to call that carelessness or ignorance? Now you got bigger problems to deal with because of that.

Goodluck man!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja by mrcoolautofix(m): 7:30am On May 16, 2021
zabimaru:

is it a kidnappers den? why is it hidden?
yes you got it right. It's a freaking adultnaping zone not kidnaping
Re: We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja by mrcoolautofix(m): 7:44am On May 16, 2021
Kewtt:

Took you 14 days to give your number.... Uduak Akpan
I was busy okay I gat a jobs doing, there is time for everything.. I am not always online here.
Re: We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja by mrcoolautofix(m): 7:48am On May 16, 2021
Lovecars501:
that's we nigerians for you
That's not Nigeria for me that's daftness & stupidity bro, if you get furious as to hit us when we got it wrong, when you got excited that we get it right, what stops you from expressing your pleasant experience? If it's not stupidity?

1 Like

Re: We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja by Gravatar: 8:12am On May 16, 2021
mrcoolautofix:

That's not Nigeria for me that's daftness & stupidity bro, if you get furious as to hit us when we got it wrong, when you got excited that we get it right, what stops you from expressing your pleasant experience? If it's not stupidity?

We should all report this post and get this nuisance banned

2 Likes

Re: We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja by Lovecars501(m): 8:49am On May 16, 2021
mrcoolautofix:

I still repeat that's nigerians for you
Re: We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja by Kewtt: 9:40am On May 16, 2021
mrcoolautofix:

I was busy okay I gat a jobs doing, there is time for everything.. I am not always online here.
You posted two different days after the request....but only reluctantly posted your number two weeks later

1 Like

Re: We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja by mrcoolautofix(m): 2:45pm On May 16, 2021
Kewtt:

You posted two different days after the request....but only reluctantly posted your number two weeks later
Why sounding emotional over left over food, if you want to eat it go ahead, it seems you find it fun & entertaining seeking my attention with style, I am straight mind you.. except you just a female undisclosed... Else I don't get were you heading with this.. I didn't post shit, I was too busy with jobs..
Re: We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja by Kewtt: 2:52pm On May 16, 2021
mrcoolautofix:

Why sounding emotional over left over food, if you want to eat it go ahead, it seems you find it fun & entertaining seeking my attention with style, I am straight mind you.. except you just a female undisclosed... Else I don't get were you heading with this.. I didn't post shit, I was too busy with jobs..
You're a liar.

1 Like

Re: We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja by mrcoolautofix(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2021
Lovecars501:
Hmmm, hidden

We don't need your approval to do what we do this week is rebuilding lexus GS300 06

1 Like

Re: We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja by zabimaru: 4:04am On May 31, 2021
Solohitt555:
Hey guys, I think I blew up my engine yesterday.
I did the unthinkable of forgetting to cap my radiator and then driving off to work!

I frequently topped up my radiator because of poor seal at the mouth.
The engine is otherwise in great shape with no fault codes, and aircon chilling without break since 2008!
This is a 1MZ-FE on a 2001 Avalon.

So, back to my pain, yesterday, without the radiator cap on, the water evaporated off, and I was only alerted when I noticed what sounded and felt like pinking noise, then low power. By the time my eyes went to the temperature guage, the engine just died on the Oshodi expressway. Total driving time was at least 45 min.
I'm not a car novice, which is why this is so distressing, but I need you gurus to spell it all out for me, and tell what I'm faced with here.

Wow, you drove a car for 12+ years? You deserve an award.

1 Like

Re: We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja by zabimaru: 4:16am On May 31, 2021
mrcoolautofix:

We don't need your approval to do what we do this week is rebuilding lexus GS300 06

Mr cool on the beat again.
Hope this customer won't lash out at you if you get it wrong?

And one more thing,

Don't be silly! If I take my car to a mechanic to fix it, I expect him to do just that. It's a paid service innit?
When he falls short of expectations then I lash out with whatever channel I've got. If you perform well and I decide to praise you openly, YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO IT!!!
it's a plus and you should treat it as one, the payment is enough praise. That's how business is. How many times have you opened a thread or openly praised the young girl/ boy attending to you at the supermarket when your orders are processed accurately? How many times have you paid homage to the Panadol manufacturer for your headache that cleared after taking the drug as the manufacturer claims? But if it goes wrong, you come online and start shouting everywhere as in the case of a guy bashing a stationary vehicle on the street with his eagle eyed golf 3 /golf 4, you know the guy.

Don't be too silly to think you should demand vocal or written praise for a paid service you claim to render.
Emphasis on "claim".
Re: We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja by zabimaru: 4:21am On May 31, 2021
Lovecars501:
I still repeat that's nigerians for you

Nothing Nigerian about it. It's just business

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Route? Calabar To Lagos / Just In Honda Pilot 2007 With These Faults / Was I Scammed Or Is The Dealer Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.