Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Can Bad Injector Mouth Causes Black Smoke Or Increase Fuel Consumption - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Bad Injector Mouth Causes Black Smoke Or Increase Fuel Consumption (4181 Views)

Black Smoke From Exhaust. / We can ring any car engine, no blue smoke or oil shortage, Abuja / My Toyota Carina 1998 Emit Black Smoke Thirstier Than A Vampire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Bad Injector Mouth Causes Black Smoke Or Increase Fuel Consumption by fesomokhoa: 11:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
Please my people in the house advise me because my mechanics said I should buy another one.
I bought a car last year October 2019 everything in the car is working well. when my electrician saw the car he said the engine is very sound but is like the car will be consuming fuel and I asked how did he know he said my car is not smoking out but there is black smoke inside the exaust when he deep his hand inside. So help me to service the injector mouth twice that month I bought the car and two mouth later. So I started using the car to me the car is consuming fuel because if am driving am feeling hot nes in my eyes so I was told is fuel but black smoke is not coming out.I took it to the mechanic and the mechanic check my exhaust with his hand and saw black smoke and ask me to change the injector blog which I did but to my surprise smoke starting coming out and the fuel consumption increase after much quarrel his second in the job ask me to buy another injector mouth and put my formal nose(injector plug) the consumption will reduce and the black smoke will stop.
Please advise me
Re: Can Bad Injector Mouth Causes Black Smoke Or Increase Fuel Consumption by fesomokhoa: 6:01am On Feb 11, 2020
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Bad Injector Mouth Causes Black Smoke Or Increase Fuel Consumption by xavuv: 6:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
Reading this gives me headache. Add punctuatutions pls

1 Like

Re: Can Bad Injector Mouth Causes Black Smoke Or Increase Fuel Consumption by ksmart027(m): 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
Does the car have a name
Re: Can Bad Injector Mouth Causes Black Smoke Or Increase Fuel Consumption by ozolity(m): 2:22pm On Jan 02
Any update on this
Re: Can Bad Injector Mouth Causes Black Smoke Or Increase Fuel Consumption by Angrigowt: 2:52pm On Jan 02
Fuel is not hot and does not produce heat into the car.if e happen.a explosion be that
Na your oil dey leak or burn.maybe from oil seals
Re: Can Bad Injector Mouth Causes Black Smoke Or Increase Fuel Consumption by Requestmechanic: 5:54pm On Jan 08
fesomokhoa:
Please my people in the house advise me because my mechanics said I should buy another one.
I bought a car last year October 2019 everything in the car is working well. when my electrician saw the car he said the engine is very sound but is like the car will be consuming fuel and I asked how did he know he said my car is not smoking out but there is black smoke inside the exaust when he deep his hand inside. So help me to service the injector mouth twice that month I bought the car and two mouth later. So I started using the car to me the car is consuming fuel because if am driving am feeling hot nes in my eyes so I was told is fuel but black smoke is not coming out.I took it to the mechanic and the mechanic check my exhaust with his hand and saw black smoke and ask me to change the injector blog which I did but to my surprise smoke starting coming out and the fuel consumption increase after much quarrel his second in the job ask me to buy another injector mouth and put my formal nose(injector plug) the consumption will reduce and the black smoke will stop.
Please advise me
If you're in Lagos contact roadside assistant by going to www.requestmechanic.com click the red circle "click on Request Now" button to get immediate assistance . Also enter your email to join the waitlist bar by clicking on join the the Wait list.

Black smoke billowing from your exhaust is definitely a warning sign of trouble in your vehicle. The culprit is usually an incomplete combustion process, often caused by an imbalance in the air-fuel mixture or internal engine issues. Here are some of the most common causes:

1. Rich Air-Fuel Mixture:

Clogged air filter: If the air filter is clogged, it restricts the amount of air entering the engine, leading to an excess of fuel in the mix and black smoke.
Faulty mass airflow sensor (MAF): The MAF sensor measures the incoming air, and a malfunctioning one can send incorrect data to the engine computer, resulting in too much fuel being injected.
Leaking fuel injector: A leaky injector allows extra fuel to enter the combustion chamber, even during idle, causing black smoke on startup or acceleration.
Faulty oxygen sensor: This sensor monitors the amount of unburned oxygen in the exhaust and helps regulate the fuel mixture. A bad sensor can mislead the engine computer and lead to a rich mixture.
2. Engine Issues:

Worn piston rings: These rings seal the combustion chamber, preventing oil from entering and fuel from escaping. Worn rings allow oil to burn, creating black smoke.
Faulty PCV valve: This valve regulates crankcase pressure, and a malfunctioning one can allow oil vapor to enter the combustion chamber, contributing to black smoke.
Turbocharger problems: In turbocharged engines, a faulty turbocharger can cause excessive oil burning and black smoke.
3. Unusual Scenarios:

Burning something besides fuel: If something like plastic or rubber gets sucked into the intake manifold, it will burn and produce black smoke.
Using the wrong fuel: Using a lower-octane fuel than recommended can cause incomplete combustion and black smoke.
What to do next:

Stop driving immediately: Driving with black smoke can damage your engine further.
Get your car inspected by a qualified mechanic: They can diagnose the specific cause of the black smoke and recommend repairs.
Don't ignore the problem: Leaving it unattended can lead to expensive engine repairs in the long run.
Remember, black smoke is a sign of trouble, so take action promptly to keep your car healthy and safe

Re: Can Bad Injector Mouth Causes Black Smoke Or Increase Fuel Consumption by Vehiclespot: 10:14am On Feb 11
Here are some steps you could consider:

Malfunctioning Fuel Injector: The black smoke can indicate that the fuel injectors are malfunctioning. They might not close properly or become clogged, causing the engine to run rich and produce black smoke .

Engine Deposits: Over time, engine deposits can build up in the injectors and combustion chamber, which can lead to black smoke from the exhaust. Regular maintenance and the use of fuel detergents can help manage these deposits .

Check for Leaks: If you're using a turbocharged engine, ensure that the turbocharger is not leaking or worn out, as this can lead to extra fuel being burned improperly and producing black smoke .

Replace Faulty Parts: If you've replaced one injector and noticed an increase in fuel consumption and black smoke, it might be worth considering replacing the entire fuel injection system or consulting with a professional to determine the best course of action.

Consult a Professional: Given the complexity of the issue, it's advisable to consult with a professional mechanic who can perform a thorough diagnostic test. They can assess whether the problem lies with the fuel injectors, engine deposits, or another component of the car's system.

Remember, ignoring black smoke can potentially damage your car's sensors and the catalytic converter, so it's important to address the issue promptly . You can read more on my website on how to reduce your car fuel consumption. https://vehiclespot.ng/fuel-efficiency-mastery-boost-your-cars-mileage-with-proven-tips/

(1) (Reply)

Meanest Baddest 06 Chrysler In Lagos / Consumer Reports Names The Best And Worst Cars By Brand (List) / Jaguar XJ8 2006- Fix Going On @ Multiautolab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.