Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:07 AM

Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler (805 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Abduct Channelstv Reporter In Port-harcourt / Traditional Ruler, Emeka, Reacts To Video Of Nnamdi Kanu And Wife In Bed / Abia North: Traditional Ruler Invokes Death On Kalu’s Detractors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by wwwihy: 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
A traditional ruler in Nnewi, Obi Charles Afam Obi, has been abducted. Obi, who is the traditional ruler of Uruagu Nnewi, was allegedly kidnapped in Orafite, Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State, on his way back from a burial ceremony.
Sources said that he was abducted after the gunmen shot sporadically in the air before taking him to an unknown destination.
Although the whereabouts of the 41-year-old monarch was yet unknown, his mother, 74, who was said to be with the monarch in the vehicle during the incident, has returned to Nnewi.
Police Public Relations Officer for the state, Haruna Mohammed could not confirm the development as at press time.
But, the President General of the community, Charles Nwoye, confirmed the development to Sunday Sun, yesterday.
Nwonye said: “I was called in the morning by a member of the Obi’s family, telling me about the development. The family source told me that he was abducted in the late hours of Friday, February 13, on his way from a burial ceremony. I have contacted the Nnewi Police Area Command. I have also contacted the DSS and other relevant authorities for necessary actions. I believe they will swing into action, and track the abductors of the traditional ruler, and set him free.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/gunmen-abduct-nnewi-traditional-ruler/

Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by yinkus6750(m): 9:37pm On Feb 15, 2021
Hmmmmm
Kidnapping a traditional ruler?
What is going on in this country?
Hope nobody will blame herdsmen or government for the kidnap?
I pray the Igwe comes back home safely.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Odua1stson: 9:44pm On Feb 15, 2021
This is impossible, where is our audio esn

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
Noted

Security agencies are on the issue...

and not like people who will kill their kinsmen and cousin and tag it Herdsmen..

Let's the agencies do their work

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by NwaNimo1(m): 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by seunmsg(m): 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2021
When will Fulani herdsmen stop this nonsense? My thought and prayers are with the Igwe of Nnewi and his family.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by BosseJ: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2021
Odua1stson:
This is impossible, where is our audio esn

Those ones live inside bush, only dilector can order them out of the bush.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 15, 2021
seunmsg:
When will Fulani herdsmen stop this nonsense? My thought and prayers are with the Igwe of Nnewi and his family.

He is not the Igwe of Nnewi...

Read Read Read..
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Odua1stson: 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
BosseJ:

Those ones live inside bush, only dilector can order them out of the bush.
ok i see
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by illicit(m): 10:08pm On Feb 15, 2021
Na wa o....
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Nigeriabiafra80: 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2021
The kidnapping was done by ....
This justifies ESN formation

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by majamajic(m): 10:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
Igwe of Nnewi is Igwe Orizu
He is not traditional ruler of nnewi
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 15, 2021
majamajic:
Igwe of Nnewi is Igwe Orizu He is not traditional ruler of nnewi
He is a traditional ruler of Uruagu-Nnewi...
Get yourself well Informed
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by CodeTemplar: 10:18pm On Feb 15, 2021
Osagyefo98:
Noted

Security agencies are on the issue...

and not like people who will kill their kinsmen and cousin and tag it Herdsmen..

Let's the agencies do their work
So you mean the whole sahara Africa decided to be killing themselves and tag it the handiwork of herdsmen? That's so daft.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by seunmsg(m): 10:18pm On Feb 15, 2021
Osagyefo98:

He is not the Igwe of Nnewi...

Read Read Read..

Why should herdsmen kidnap the igwe of Uruagu Nnewi? Where were ESN operatives when this sacrilege took place?
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 15, 2021
CodeTemplar:

So you mean the whole sahara Africa decided to be killing themselves and tag it the handiwork of herdsmen? That's so daft.

Where is sahara?
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by majamajic(m): 10:20pm On Feb 15, 2021
Osagyefo98:

He is a traditional ruler of Uruagu-Nnewi...

Get yourself well Informed

Not Nnewi ! Uruagu is a village in Nnewi , igwe Nnewi is igwe Orizu
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 15, 2021
seunmsg:

Why should herdsmen kidnap the igwe of Uruagu Nnewi? Where were ESN operatives when this sacrilege took place?

Don't you realize that Lagos-Ibadan express news is dead or this one you are trying to resuscitate this night by means might jmhit brick wall

I thought you are a lawyer by proxy, so go back and read and stop sounding like late Awolowo...who out of bitterness took his own life..

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
majamajic:

Not Nnewi ! Uruagu is a village in Nnewi , igwe Nnewi is igwe Orizu

You are always known for making over bloated statement.

What I wrote is clear and inorder, Behave like someone who passed through the four walls if the class room for once..

He is the traditional ruler of Uruagu-Nnewi.. Otondo.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by CodeTemplar: 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Where is sahara?
Ask sahara reporters.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by IamWonderful: 10:25pm On Feb 15, 2021
Evans Brothers Nigeria PLC on rampage
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 15, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Ask sahara reporters.
Where are they?
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by majamajic(m): 10:29pm On Feb 15, 2021
Osagyefo98:

You are always known for making over bloated statement.

What I wrote is clear and inorder, Behave like someone who passed through the four walls if the class room for once..

He is the traditional ruler of Uruagu-Nnewi.. Otondo.

Not same as your headline
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Neddstark: 10:30pm On Feb 15, 2021
seunmsg:

Where was it said that it was herdsmen sir?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Asgard13: 10:30pm On Feb 15, 2021
Th boy too headie.. BST run am.

Okwero Ejia nwayo.. he go com.. on
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
majamajic:

Not same as your headline
So from correcting you, I am now the one that created the thread. You dey read so?
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Emyzoloye5(m): 10:33pm On Feb 15, 2021
buhari expresses shock!!!!
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by seunmsg(m): 10:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Don't you realize that Lagos-Ibadan express news is dead or this one you are trying to resuscitate this night by means might jmhit brick wall

I thought you are a lawyer by proxy, so gi back and read and stop sounding like late Awolowo...who out of bitterness took his own life..

Your Igwe is with kidnappers and you’re here talking about Awolowo and Lag-Ibadan. Are you okay at all?

This is not the time to spew rubbish and chest beat, we must do everything possible to rescue the igwe from the Fulani kidnappers. They are probably whipping his ass with horsewhip right now and you’re here playing politics with his life. Smh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
Asgard13:
[s]Th boy too headie.. BST run am.
Okwero Ejia nwayo.. he go com.. on [/s]
Look at what someone's father is doing online

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by seunmsg(m): 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
Neddstark:

Where was it said that it was herdsmen sir?

Herdsmen are responsible for all kidnappings in Nigeria.
Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
seunmsg:

[s]Your Igwe is with kidnappers and you’re here talking about Awolowo and Lag-Ibadan. Are you okay at all?

This is not the time to spew rubbish and chest beat, we must do everything possible to rescue the igwe from the Fulani kidnappers. They are probably whipping his ass with horsewhip right now and you’re here playing politics with his life. Smh![/s]

Yawns....akways making noise...na one slap your yoruba brother wey go find trouble for Hausa man hand take faint like that and from there death...Looking for trouble , but strength him no get.

http://community.vanguardngr.com/video/the-cause-of-shasha-hausa-yoruba-crisis-in-oyo-eyewitness-account?fbclid=IwAR0Hr6CjPyGTnrW9OdxkAuPLPsSL_xk2gl4tXtvMgEFuUCnZqeonATBAzBk

I thought you are a lawyer by proxy, so gi back and read and stop sounding like late Awolowo...who out of bitterness took his own life..

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct Nnewi Traditional Ruler by majamajic(m): 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2021
Osagyefo98:

So from correcting you, I am now the one that created the thread.
You dey read so?

So u noticed the headline ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigerias Problems Can't All Be Blamed On Buhari - An Objective View / Open Letter To President Buhari On Insecurity By Chief Dr. Emeka Charles Kalu / President Buhari Told To Remove IPOB From Terrorism List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.