Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom (1238 Views)

FG Approved AK47 For Katsina Outfit, Ondo Will Buy For Amotekun - Akeredolu / Nigeria escapes another $1.8bn arbitration award / Ruga: List Of 11 States FG Approved For Herdsmen Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 6:17am On Feb 16, 2021
$1.4 billion foreign investment coming to Akwa Ibom – Governor Emmanuel

[/b]Governor Emmanuel says "the investment would change the fortune of agriculture in Nigeria, and that more than two countries were involved in it".[b]

The Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel, on Thursday, hinted that an agricultural project worth $1.4 billion would be established soon in the state by foreign investors.

Mr Emmanuel, who was addressing a large crowd that turned up to witness his inauguration of the Ibom Tropicana Mall in Uyo, [/b]said the project, to be located in Ikot Abasi Local Government Area, is “something that would gladden the heart of the whole Akwa Ibom”.

“It is something as big as Ibom Deep Seaport,” he said, while expressing his reluctance to give details of the project.[b]

“I will not announce full details today. I have a letter already in my hand, else I wouldn’t have spoken about it. The money for it is ready. The investment in that axis would turn the fortune of agriculture in Nigeria, and it is worth a minimum of $1.4 billion.

“Even the president has already sent a message of goodwill on it. It cuts across more than two countries,” the governor told the crowd, which included his wife, Martha, the state lawmakers and chairpersons of the local councils in the state.

With the current scarcity of foreign investments in Nigeria, the project touted by the Akwa Ibom governor would certainly be a great boost to the country’s economy when it materialises.

Ibom Tropicana Mall
The mall is a part of a massive leisure and business complex called Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Centre, [/b]built at about the cost of N120 billion by the administration of Godswill Akpabio who said he wanted to use it to turn the oil-rich state into “small Dubai”.[b]

The entertainment centre was categorised as a white elephant project in a PREMIUM TIMES report in 2018 because it was evidently a drain on government resources, and did not yield any revenue for the state.

Hitherto defective in its design and structure, the mall was abandoned for several months before Mr Emmanuel’s administration began its remodeling and renovation in 2015, through a public-private partnership.
The fall in the value of naira prevented foreign investors from investing in the mall and delayed its reconstruction, said Olumide Akinsanya, the CEO of Median Infrastructure Company Development Ltd, a major investor in the project.

When Mr Akinsanya’s company moved in for the renovation, several parts of the roof were leaking, causing rainwater to collect inside the mall.

“Government is not about noise-making,” Governor Emmanuel said of the mall, during its inauguration. “They say only empty vessels make the loudest noise"

“I told Mr Speaker, give me a space, I will give you a market square. Give me a carcass, and I will give you a four-star hotel.”

The governor also spoke about a[b][/b] 14-floor storey building which is among the uncompleted and abandoned parts of the Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Centre.[/b]

“I want to announce that we have been in touch with other investors about the hotel you are seeing there,” he said.

“What you are seeing there is just a building, an uncompleted building. An uncompleted building is not a hotel, until it is a hotel. We will turn that uncompleted building into a hotel.”

He said another hotel, a four-star hotel, built at Ikot Ekpene also by the previous administration would have commenced operation by now if not for some setback caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

“If you checked, it’s about 99.99 per cent complete. The only thing remaining is just for the management team to move in. We are reworking the agreement of that hotel and we have put everything in place.

“We are hoping that within a short moment, Marriot should move in and the place would be commissioned,” he added.[b]

Mr Akinsanya, at the inauguration of the mall, commended the Akwa Ibom government for the ease of doing business in the state.

“Every of the roles the government was supposed to play was done in record time,” he said. “This is our beginning in Akwa Ibom State, we are here to stay.”

Mr Akinsanya said 300 people were currently working in the mall which, according to him, has the potential to employ up to 600.

“We have been strategic about it, as we bring in international tenants, we also bring in local tenants so they can grow as well,” he added.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/442664-1-4-billion-foreign-investment-coming-to-akwa-ibom-soon-governor-emmanuel.html

Akwa Abasi Ibom ayaya..

@Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 6:20am On Feb 16, 2021
Oyoroad:
Akwa Ibom already has too much, they should send money to States who are struggling up north
HHahhH.. the project didn't come freely oo

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by PrinceDz1: 6:22am On Feb 16, 2021
Commendable. Because they're one of the most useful States investment wise

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:34am On Feb 16, 2021
Nice

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by yanabasee1(m): 6:35am On Feb 16, 2021
With the massive infrastructural development in the state, Akwa-ibom and Cross River should reduced their witchcraft attacks on people progressing in the state....

Envy is too much, your landlord or landlady will use sorcery to kill you because you dress way better...

When you hear of village people, Akwa-ibom and Cross River own is massive....
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Monogamy: 6:38am On Feb 16, 2021
Only if it's real and true ...
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 6:40am On Feb 16, 2021
PrinceDz1:
Commendable. Because they're one of the most useful States investment wise
Yeah bro
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 6:41am On Feb 16, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
Nice
Yeah bro
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 6:41am On Feb 16, 2021
yanabasee1:
With the massive infrastructural development in the state, Akwa-ibom and Cross River should reduced their witchcraft attacks on people progressing in the state....

Envy is too much, your landlord or landlady will use sorcery to kill you because you dress way better...

Hmmmm.
Monogamy:
Only if it's real and true ...

It's true sir
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Henix(m): 6:48am On Feb 16, 2021
Let them also work on witches and wizards in that state
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 6:56am On Feb 16, 2021
Henix:
Let them also work on witches and wizards in that state
Were you bewitched by any body in the state or you just like fake news from untrusted source popping out of nairaland or you simply believe the recycle stereotyping news with the soul purpose to bring Akwa Ibom down ..
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 7:05am On Feb 16, 2021
Myn44 FP
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 16, 2021
It's a refinery to be constructed by BUA group

Abia has one on the pipeline also from koreans
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 7:19am On Feb 16, 2021
Igbochief001:
It's a refinery to be constructed by BUA group

Abia has one on the pipeline also from koreans
Nope this is a separate project.. the BUA group refinery is to be constructed in Ibeno and isn't an agriculture project, while this is to be constructed in Ikot Abasi .
Am suspecting the rejuvenation of jetty in Ikot abasi
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Kinematics: 7:20am On Feb 16, 2021
Ilaumoh aka Hunchogee aka NkanAkpanika aka Akilou has resumed duty

Let the azz kissing threads begin...

Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 16, 2021
Ilaumoh:

Nope this is a separate project.. the BUA group refinery is to be constructed in Ibeno and isn't an agriculture project, while this is to be constructed in Ikot Abasi .
Am suspecting the rejuvenation of jetty in Ikot abasi
It's a refinery plus petrochemical and fertilizer plant

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by BlessedNuel: 7:27am On Feb 16, 2021
Akwa Ibom is known for awesome infrastructural updates.

Akwa Ibom Ayaya

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 8:01am On Feb 16, 2021
BlessedNuel:
Akwa Ibom is known for awesome infrastructural updates.

Akwa Ibom Ayaya
Yes oo
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 8:01am On Feb 16, 2021
Igbochief001:

It's a refinery plus petrochemical and fertilizer plant
Yeah
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by kenny714433(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2021
I applied for crane operation in the Udom 3000 training work. How they even selected the participants is what I'm still asking google. I really needed that training.

Those Stereotyping remark about Aks and witchcraft, better stop it. Only Eket people are known for such stupidity and not the whole Aks.

Illaumoh, if you see the way work is going on in ring road 3, it will gladden your heart. That's what we were looking for not when Udom was crawling.

Calm down guys, give Akwa Ibom another 10yrs, we'll make Nigeria proud.

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by ifytrik(m): 8:22am On Feb 16, 2021
Oyoroad:
Akwa Ibom already has too much, they should send money to States who are struggling up north

Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 8:26am On Feb 16, 2021
kenny714433:
I applied for crane operation in the Udom 3000 training work. How they even selected the participants is what I'm still asking google. I really needed that training.

Those Stereotyping remark about Aks and witchcraft, better stop it. Only Eket people are known for such stupidity and not the whole Aks.

Illaumoh, if you see the way work is going on in ring road 3, it will gladden your heart. That's what we were looking for not when Udom was crawling.

Calm down guys, give Akwa Ibom another 10yrs, we'll make Nigeria proud.
Exactly.. I only post update, I have first hand info about ..
The ring road 3 will be an awesome project to behold
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 8:27am On Feb 16, 2021
ifytrik:
We also have that too grin
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by nsiba: 9:17am On Feb 16, 2021
yanabasee1:

It is everywhere in Nigeria especially majority Christian states despites churches in every streets in southern Nigeria
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by 400billionman: 9:48am On Feb 16, 2021
So that beautiful hotel in Ikot Ekpene is yet to function ?

Nigeria is new to big projects.

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by LikeAking: 10:12am On Feb 16, 2021
I will not announce full details today. I have a letter already in my hand, else I wouldn’t have spoken about it. The money for it is ready. The investment in that axis would turn the fortune of agriculture in Nigeria, and it is worth a minimum of $1.4 billion.

Read from the bolded part below.

Its about money, so he wont reveal all.

Make smart biz men no come flood the axis.

We live in a world wia real info about money and biz are hidden from the mases.

This is a huge opportunity for business men.

Congrats to Akwa Ibom.

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Savie(m): 10:15am On Feb 16, 2021
This is an insult to the sensitivity of akwa ibomites. What stops him from mentioning the project It would have been better he didn't hype about it in the first place if he wasn't ready to descripe the project.! What a clown

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 10:15am On Feb 16, 2021
400billionman:
So that beautiful hotel in Ikot Ekpene is yet to function ?

Nigeria is new to big projects.
It wasn't even completed untill udom took over
Re: Jubilation As FG Approved Another $1.4billion Project For Akwa Ibom by Ilaumoh(m): 10:17am On Feb 16, 2021
LikeAking:
I will not announce full details today. I have a letter already in my hand, else I wouldn’t have spoken about it. The money for it is ready. The investment in that axis would turn the fortune of agriculture in Nigeria, and it is worth a minimum of $1.4 billion.

Read from the bolded part below.

Its about money, so he wont reveal all.

Make smart biz men no come flood the axis.

We live in a world wia real info about money and biz are hidden from the mases.

This is a huge opportunity for business men.

Congrats to Akwa Ibom.
Yes oo

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Moderator Of Northern Extraction On Nairaland? / . / Photos Of 680 Meter Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover - Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.